Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

46 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

107 year old woman died in Michigan last week. Wanna guess the cause?

I don't understand what you covid truthers expect here. If she was going to continue living if she had never contracted covid, then wtf else would cause of death be? If covid never existed, we would have had a rash of elderly deaths all at the same time that taxed our hospitals capacity? 

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I don't understand what you covid truthers expect here. If she was going to continue living if she had never contracted covid, then wtf else would cause of death be? If covid never existed, we would have had a rash of elderly deaths all at the same time that taxed our hospitals capacity? 

Can’t you see? The Deep State finally got to Big Medicine. They’re all in on it now: the DNC, MSM, Italy, Chiner, coroners, doctors, etc.

They’re all in it to get Poor Donald. :( 

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I’m no covid truther and I am well aware that people are dying from this, but I know from hands on experience that the death rates are definitely being over reported. That’s the way government works. Portray the worst possible situation  so you can get the most help.  I’ve been saying all along that the best way to track this isn’t via death rates or positive tests. It’s seeing how many people are being hospitalized. When you see that starting to go down for a little while then you will know things are moving in the right direction. If that spikes, things are going bad.  It’s a much harder stat to mess with or get wrong.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m no covid truther and I am well aware that people are dying from this, but I know from hands on experience that the death rates are definitely being over reported. That’s the way government works. Portray the worst possible situation  so you can get the most help.  I’ve been saying all along that the best way to track this isn’t via death rates or positive tests. It’s seeing how many people are being hospitalized. When you see that starting to go down for a little while then you will know things are moving in the right direction. If that spikes, things are going bad.  It’s a much harder stat to mess with or get wrong.  

I'm concerned about hospitalizations as a metric, as I suspect a lot of people are going who would otherwise ride out a flu.  Deaths is a good metric, certainly better than positive tests.  But as we've been discussing, we need some agreement on how we define a Covid death.  Which reminds me, I should close the loop with @Patriotsfatboy1 on our bet.  It's going to be weird for him rooting on carnage as September approaches.  :D  For the purpose of our bet I'd propose we use the Worldometer number for the US:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm concerned about hospitalizations as a metric, as I suspect a lot of people are going who would otherwise ride out a flu.  Deaths is a good metric, certainly better than positive tests.  But as we've been discussing, we need some agreement on how we define a Covid death.  Which reminds me, I should close the loop with @Patriotsfatboy1 on our bet.  It's going to be weird for him rooting on carnage as September approaches.  :D  For the purpose of our bet I'd propose we use the Worldometer number for the US:

Oh. Yeah. I feel bad betting on deaths, but it is what it is. What are we betting? Pick an amount and we donate to the other’s charity of choice?

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Right, until or unless we define what a covid death is, it’s not very reliable. But I don’t think that many people will be getting admitted and taking up a bed as a precaution.  You’re getting admitted if you’re having serious complications. Also, they are going to get you out of there as soon as possible. It’s not perfect by any means, but the death count is completely unreliable. If the amount of aid you get is going to be more, and it will, because of a higher death count, you can be assured that anyone who dies with the virus, not because  of the virus, is going down as a Corona death.  Things like car accidents excluded of course. A young guy in my hometown OD’d last week. He also had corona. What do you think is being blamed for his death? 

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Oh. Yeah. I feel bad betting on deaths, but it is what it is. What are we betting? Pick an amount and we donate to the other’s charity of choice?

That’s a great idea.

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

1 hour ago, MDC said:

That’s a great idea.

Agreed.  Say $100?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Depends on the area, I'm sure. I can only speak for my area (and other hard hit ones around it), but we are discharging anyone positive who does not legitimately need hospitalization. There just aren't beds available for things that can be treated at home. Our hospital follows up with those patients by phone afterwards to make sure they don't develop worse symptoms that require them to return for an inpatient stay or evaluation.

1 hour ago, lickin_starfish said:

It's funny how pneumonia deaths took a steep decline this year. What a coincidence.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUusVV_WkAAdcsD.jpg

I would suspect that auto deaths have declined the 1st quarter of this year as well. 

Both are a byproduct of shelter in place. 

Come to think of it, STD's are probably on the decline as well. 

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Can’t you see? The Deep State finally got to Big Medicine. They’re all in on it now: the DNC, MSM, Italy, Chiner, coroners, doctors, etc.

They’re all in it to get Poor Donald. :( 

DNC:  With a straight face, can you honestly say the Democrats aren't out to hang President Trump?

MSM:  Again, see above but insert "MSM" for the word "Democrat"

Italy: Who says Italy has it out for President Trump? :wacko:

Chiner:  Again, look in the mirror and with a straight face say "Chiner isn't blaming President Trump and the United States". 

Coroners/doctors:  Who says this? link please.

1 hour ago, Leeson said:

I would suspect that auto deaths have declined the 1st quarter of this year as well. 

Both are a byproduct of shelter in place. 

Come to think of it, STD's are probably on the decline as well. 

So we should shelter in place every flu season?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

What hospital outside of NYC is over capacity?

People die every day. Thousands of them.

Interestingly, in the last 2 weeks deaths from flu, pneumonia, and overall deaths have plummeted.

Is that because people stopped getting the flu, pneumonia, heart attacks, and cancer?

There is evidence that hospitals are being directed to classify all deaths as corona if they test positive, regardless of the actual cause of death.

3 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Sure. Fine with me.

Nice. Terrific idea doing it for charity. :thumbsup: 

9 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

What hospital outside of NYC is over capacity?

People die every day. Thousands of them.

Interestingly, in the last 2 weeks deaths from flu, pneumonia, and overall deaths have plummeted.

Is that because people stopped getting the flu, pneumonia, heart attacks, and cancer?

There is evidence that hospitals are being directed to classify all deaths as corona if they test positive, regardless of the actual cause of death.

2000 people used to die from Pneumonia every day. Not a pandemic. Now a portion of those deaths are called Covid 19.  Just move from the death from column A to column B. Instant pandemic. When the deaths get to 2000 a day you've got a problem though. The upside though is you will have miraculously eradicated the death toll from pneumonia.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/1/2020 at 8:09 AM, Alias Detective said:

I’ve posted on this before.

160,000 people die each year in the US to respiratory complications.  If we lose 200,000 Americans to Covid19 that would mean only an additional 40,000 Americans died from covid19.

give or take a little....

In case you missed my  post 4 days ago.  Anyone still want to disagree?

When NY doesn't need semi trailers to store their dead bodies, then maybe you can convince me covid isn't a big deal.

If social distancing works too well, people will write this all off as a big overreaction. Some people will not be satisfied unless the death toll is astronomical

3 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Some people will not be satisfied unless the death toll is astronomical

Quoted for truth. But I am not sure these people are who you think they are.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Those people exist on both sides of this thing. 

9 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Patsboy. :cry:

47 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

We never locked down society to prevent the spread of the flu, which means it spread more naturally. We are also a few months into this. We have years of data on the flu to compare and only a few months into Covid data collection.

40k more with strict distancing orders in place, I would say 40k in those conditions would be a lot. 

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Those people exist on both sides of this thing. 

Those cavalier people don't want people to die. Those who tout the deaths seem to revel in it. Those are the sides I see.

17 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Patsboy. :cry:

I won’t be happy either way. I think that there are quite a few people who think this is just another flu and aren’t taking it seriously. They are wrong.

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

I responded then. Same as now. The deaths we are talking about are in addition to the 160k that happen in a normal year. 

19 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Those cavalier people don't want people to die. Those who tout the deaths seem to revel in it. Those are the sides I see.

Sounds really naive to me

28 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

If this is no big deal why is the president giving daily briefings, recommending shelter in place for at least the next month and signing off on trillions in relief?

Did the Deep State finally get to Trump? :wacko: 

Just now, MDC said:

If this is no big deal why is the president giving daily briefings, recommending shelter in place for at least the next month and signing off on trillions in relief?

Did the Deep State finally get to Trump? :wacko: 

What on earth are you babbling about? Ate you sure you are trolling the right post? :dunno:

Just now, TimmySmith said:

What on earth are you babbling about? Ate you sure you are trolling the right post? :dunno:

You keep implying that coronavirus is being overstated and no big deal. If that’s true, why is the POTUS taking measures that have cratered the economy to stop it? 

11 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

So we should shelter in place every flu season?

Ask me again in 6 months.

52 minutes ago, MDC said:

You keep implying that coronavirus is being overstated and no big deal. If that’s true, why is the POTUS taking measures that have cratered the economy to stop it? 

:lol: What?  You're trolling so much you have lost your coherence. 

Just now, TimmySmith said:

:lol: What?  You're trolling so much you have lost your coherence. 

You have not implied that the media is deliberately overstating coronavirus or that it’s not a bigger deal than the flu or pneumonia, only affects old people etc.?

Its possible I’m getting you mixed up with another geek. If so sorry. 

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

We never locked down society to prevent the spread of the flu, which means it spread more naturally. We are also a few months into this. We have years of data on the flu to compare and only a few months into Covid data collection.

40k more with strict distancing orders in place, I would say 40k in those conditions would be a lot. 

Exactly.  If we keep numbers down to normal flu/pneumonia levels then we'll have the usual characters asking what the big deal was.  But look what was needed to achieve those numbers.  If we had left society to run as it normally would, we could have had 10x the deaths.  

The comparisons are dumb and are really only made in an effort to minimize what's going on or to prop up some stupid conspiracy.

16 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

Exactly.  If we keep numbers down to normal flu/pneumonia levels then we'll have the usual characters asking what the big deal was.  But look what was needed to achieve those numbers.  If we had left society to run as it normally would, we could have had 10x the deaths.  

The comparisons are dumb and are really only made in an effort to minimize what's going on or to prop up some stupid conspiracy.

Agree.  Clowns will claim victory if it’s kept under control. 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

it was obvious.  Timmy is just resorting to trying to bash you.