Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Sure. Obviously all I have to go on is his public persona, just like any politician. Perhaps he's a completely different person around friends and family, who knows? And yeah, as the two examples you gave indicate, public persona is just that... An image they choose to project.

And I don't hate the guy like hate hate. I just don't like him or find him particularly trustworthy. He reeks of used car salesman or televangelist.

And as I've said many times, I like a lot of his policy, and will likely vote for him over Biden or sanders. 

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/11/mike-pence-donald-trump-vp-228059

This is how I picture Trump.  A guy who is a tough negotiator but also likes to say yes and makes sure everyone is included.  Its hard to pin him down to a final decision and keeps changing his mind.  All the while he's nice to everyone. 

18 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

And I don't hate the guy like hate hate. I just don't like him or find him particularly trustworthy. He reeks of used car salesman or televangelist.

And as I've said many times, I like a lot of his policy, and will likely vote for him over Biden or sanders. 

Totally agree!

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

My guess is this is because many people are staying at home and following the social distancing guidelines.

10 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

My guess is this is because many people are staying at home and following the social distancing guidelines.

It seems logical and I hope and pray you are correct.  Other wise we focked the economy for no good reason.  

14 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

And have been. The reason they targeted this as the peak is the Governors came down with stricter orders to stay in place roughly 10 days ago and that is roughly the gestation period. But as it turns out, there were fewer people who actually had it 10 days ago than thought, because people were generally responsible. So the tide may have actually turned.  And when it turns, it will turn fast.  Like in the next 2-3 weeks fast.  We'll see.  

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/04/08/ihme-model-lowers-u-s-coronavirus-death-projections-by-25-to-60415/

IHME Model Lowers U.S. Coronavirus Death Projections by 25% to 60,415

The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) model cited by the White House Coronavirus Task Force lowered its projections for coronavirus deaths in the U.S. by 25 percent from 81,766 to 60,415 early Wednesday morning.

The IHME model has come under withering criticism for vastly overstating projections of regular and ICU hospital beds needed, but its death projections to date have closely tracked with actual data.

Wednesday’s dramatic reverse in the model’s projection of U.S. deaths was made without a press release from IHME explaining the reasons for the reduction. It marks the second reduction in the model’s U.S. deaths projections since April 1, when it forecast 93,765 U.S. fatalities.

On April 5, the death projections were lowered to 81,766.

“Our estimates assume statewide social distancing measures are continuing in states where they have already been enacted, and for those states without such measures in place, it is assumed they will be will be in place within seven days,” IHME director Christopher Murray said on April 5.

“If social distancing measures are relaxed or not implemented, the U.S. will see greater death tolls, the death peak will be later, the burden on hospitals will be much greater, and the economic costs will continue to grow,” Murray aded.

The April 8 iteration of the IHME model has reduced the projections of coronavirus deaths in New York State to 13,307, down from the April 6 projection of more than 15,000.

It persists, however, in claiming there will be a shortage of regular hospital beds in New York State on the peak day of Wednesday April 8, despite Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s statement at Tuesday’s press conference the state has “more than enough beds available.”

As Breitbart News reported, the IHME model has a serious flaw when it comes to the way it projects hospital bed needs by state during the coronavirus pandemic:

Though the IHME model updates its results with real time actual data for number of COVID-19 cases and number of COVID-19 deaths, it does not update those results with actual regular hospital bed or actual ICU hospital bed data. Instead, the model apparently projects regular hospital bed requirements and ICU bed requirements based on an anticipated mathematical relationship between actual COVID-19 cases and COVID-19 deaths with hospital bed requirements.

The latest lowering of U.S. coronavirus deaths by what is considered the most influential model to date is likely to play a significant role in the ongoing public dialogue about when social distancing rules can be relaxed around the country.

The debate now is likely to focus at state-specific and county or city-specific mitigation requirements.

Garbage in garbage out.  

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Looking like an above average flu season for the most part. 

30-60K deaths being average, I'd say it might be nearer the lower end.  The great part is as fewer people get it, they can focus more care on the truly sick. 

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

30-60K deaths being average, I'd say it might be nearer the lower end.  The great part is as fewer people get it, they can focus more care on the truly sick. 

where is the flu numbers, I wonder if alot of them cross over

16 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Sounds about like what they had for impeachment.  Good job, good effort.  :thumbsup:

I’m not claiming Trump will get nailed for it or that what he’s doing is even illegal, only that it’s unethical. :thumbsup: 

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

where is the flu numbers, I wonder if alot of them cross over

We aren't going to get accurate mortality numbers on many fronts this year.  People on life support since 2019 are getting covid death.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/08/829506542/after-deaths-at-home-in-nyc-officials-plan-to-count-many-as-covid-19

After Deaths At Home Spike In NYC, Officials Plan To Count Many As COVID-19

New York City officials will begin to count suspected COVID-19 deaths in addition to cases confirmed by a laboratory, following a WNYC/Gothamist report revealing a staggering increase in the number of people dying at home but not included in the official tally because they hadn't been tested for the novel coronavirus.

In a statement, Stephanie Buhle, a spokeswoman for the New York City's Health Department, confirmed the change in protocol.

"The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) and the NYC Health Department are working together to include into their reports deaths that may be linked to COVID but not lab confirmed that occur at home," she said. She didn't say when the city would begin reporting suspected deaths along with the overall count.

The announcement comes as New York City, which has been hardest-hit by the virus, saw its largest single-day toll so far from the COVID-19 pandemic, with 727 dying in a 24-hour period.

However, even those numbers failed to include many instances when first responders encountered someone who had already died at home or in other non-hospital settings. That happened 280 times on Monday, according to data from the city's Fire Department.

While not all of those deaths are necessarily caused by COVID-19, it's a sharp increase over the average 25 home deaths per day the city was experiencing before the pandemic swept the five boroughs.

Over the last two weeks, the city's fire officials said more than 2,192 New York City residents died in their homes, compared to 453 during the same time period last year.

As of Tuesday afternoon, a total of 3,555 people was confirmed to have died from the virus in the five boroughs.

Mayor Bill de Blasio acknowledged on Tuesday that the vast majority of deaths taking place at home were likely also due to COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, meaning the death toll could be as much as 70% higher than currently reported figures.

"We do want to know the truth about every death at home, but it's safe to assume that the vast majority are coronavirus related," he said. "That makes it even more sober, the sense of how many people we are losing."

The more covid deaths a state has the more emergency funds they probably get. It wouldnt be surprising at all for the number to be inflated for this reason alone. 

What the hell is wrong with NY and NJ?  They have 1/2 of the national COVID deaths (allegedly).  Are there not homeless and other people living in close quarters in LA?  Chicago?  Houston, Phoenix, Dallas, SF?  100 other cities?  Why is NY/NJ the only place where people are dropping like flies?  

The fever trend map has been decreasing there as in the rest of the country; problem was it started higher.  Fevers have been in the expected range for that region for the past 7-10 days, and are close to going below the standard deviation expected levels (as has been the case for most of the country at this point).  Deaths will slowly decrease over the next week.  Unless they continue to call every death a COVID death, then I got nothing.  :dunno:

https://healthweather.us/?regionId=36005&mode=Trend

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

What the hell is wrong with NY and NJ?  They have 1/2 of the national COVID deaths (allegedly).  Are there not homeless and other people living in close quarters in LA?  Chicago?  Houston, Phoenix, Dallas, SF?  100 other cities?  Why is NY/NJ the only place where people are dropping like flies?  

The fever trend map has been decreasing there as in the rest of the country; problem was it started higher.  Fevers have been in the expected range for that region for the past 7-10 days, and are close to going below the standard deviation expected levels (as has been the case for most of the country at this point).  Deaths will slowly decrease over the next week.  Unless they continue to call every death a COVID death, then I got nothing.  :dunno:

More people packed in a small area. NY goes up, not out. Plus much more use of public transportation.  Then factor in that some people in certain zip codes don’t fockin listen. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

More people packed in a small area. NY goes up, not out. Plus much more use of public transportation.  Then factor in that some people in certain zip codes don’t fockin listen. 

Bingo

2 hours ago, kutulu said:

13,000+ US deaths so far

That's because when anybody who has been diagnosed with the Wu-Flu dies, they count it as a Wu-Flu death. 

Got the Wu-Flu and die in a car wreck? Wu-Flu death. Had the Wu-Flu and die of cancer. Wu-Flu death. 

They're jacking the numbers up on purpose. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

New Jersey goes more up vs. San Francisco?  I don't think so.  And there are plenty of high-rises and congested cities elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

New Jersey goes more up vs. San Francisco?  I don't think so.  And there are plenty of high-rises and congested cities elsewhere.

How can I say it? Certain people don’t fockin listen. The virus is spread on the basis of human behavior. What makes you think that a group of people who don’t listen to nearly anything they are told would all of a sudden start to? SF has less of “those people “. Do you need further detail? 

57 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Feb. 2, 2020

Oxiris Barbot, New York City Health Commissioner: The risk to New Yorkers for coronavirus is low and our preparedness as a city is very high. There is no reason not to take the subway, not to take the bus, not to go out to your favorite restaurant, and certainly not to miss the parade next Sunday. I'm going to be there.

17 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

And yes, NJ does go up more when you consider in SF most of those hi-risers are office buildings, not apartment buildings full of people. 

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The more covid deaths a state has the more emergency funds they probably get. It wouldnt be surprising at all for the number to be inflated for this reason alone. 

They’re more likely underreported at this point since we’re testing on a widespread basis.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

I’m not claiming Trump will get nailed for it or that what he’s doing is even illegal, only that it’s unethical. :thumbsup: 

it's amazing how your point of view has evolved. It seems like just yesterday you were convinced his whole family was running a Mafia enterprise out of the WH.  🤣

On 4/7/2020 at 3:35 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

Great.  They suck too.  Why do other people always have to used in comparison or in defense of Trump?

Because you gave zero focks about Hunter Biden getting millions from a Ukraine gas company, or Obama getting 100 million from Netflix and a book deal, or Hillary Clinton bringing in 100s of millions through her "foundation".

That is why you whiny biotch.

Meanwhile, Trump's sons, who have been in the family business for 20+ years, running that business while their dad is in the White House is somehow "corrupt".

Nigga please.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Because you gave zero focks about Hunter Biden getting millions from a Ukraine gas company, or Obama getting 100 million from Netflix and a book deal, or Hillary Clinton bringing in 100s of millions through her "foundation".

Meanwhile, Trump's sons, who have been in the family business for 20+ years, running that business while their dad is in the White House is somehow "corrupt".

Nigga please.

Pretty much nailed it.  :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, vuduchile said:

You sh!tstains really know how to fock up a thread.   

I just realized the last 4 pages of the coronavirus thread (#1 story in the world) is a few angry cucks biotching about Trump's kids and his personality.

What a bunch of sad focks.

Guess that means the world is going to end hysteria is over.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Nigga please.

Wow!  You really are a moron. Well done. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

I just realized the last 4 pages of the coronavirus thread (#1 story in the world) is a few angry cucks biotching about Trump's kids and his personality.

What a bunch of sad focks.

Guess that means the world is going to end hysteria is over.

Aren’t you on the side that thinks it’s all a hoax or did that change?

Stanford is studying whether CA has some herd immunity. https://www.kcra.com/article/new-study-investigates-californias-possible-herd-immunity-to-covid-19/32085795

My nurse sister in law shared several weeks ago now that her hospital in downtown Sac had floors on isolation (in regular protocol terms) packed with flu patients (at this point I'd say suspected flu patients).

Some key points:

• Hanson said he thinks it is possible COVID-19 has been spreading among Californians since the fall when doctors reported an early flu season in the state. During that same time, California was welcoming as many as 8,000 Chinese nationals daily into our airports. Some of those visitors even arriving on direct flights from Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in China.
  • For years California has been the No. 1 travel destination for Chinese tourists in the United States. Even after the U.S. halted flights from China this winter Chinese travelers were still able to come to California on flights from Europe and Canada.
  • Hanson said through all of this the Chinese have been disingenuous about the timing of the initial outbreak of COVID-19. "They originally said it was in early January, then it got backdated to December and then early December and now they are saying as early as November 17," said Hanson.
  • If Californians were exposed earlier than the rest of the country to COVID-19 we may have had a chance to build up some herd immunity to the disease. We won't know if that is the case until results from the Stanford Medicine study come back.

eta: I wouldn't be surprised if, after a while, it's confirmed there's a widespread milder strain. Although it's true there's lots of elderly people in Lombardy province in Italy, if CA has had it in a diffuse manner, that province must have experienced a worse strain to have the situation they did.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Strike said:

it's amazing how your point of view has evolved. It seems like just yesterday you were convinced his whole family was running a Mafia enterprise out of the WH.  🤣

Wasn’t that the day you said Trump’s financial interests look shady before saying there’s no conflict at all? :unsure: 

47 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Nigga please.

Hunter Biden is routine nepotism and a conflict of interest. 

Hillary is dirty as fock. No argument there. I didn’t vote for her either time she ran.

Obungler got a book deal - whoop-de-focking-doo. 

HTH, probably won’t.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sound more like some states don’t listen. What do you expect from NY and NJ tho?

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

Hunter Biden is routine nepotism and a conflict of interest.

Seriously? 

For the heir apparent from the Den party? 

Seriously? 

You aren't that stupid brother. It's much more than a "conflict of interest." 

My two older kids will start school again on Monday. They've been taking classes remotely by TV and phone for a good while now. Our school can also open again soon. Apparently, kids will go to school six days a week rather than five, which in turn means I only have one solid day of work a week rather than two.

Also they've opened up Hubei province. It had been that planes, trains, buses, expressways, highways, bridges, streets, local dirt roads, and goat trails out of Hubei had been shut down. Hubei is all the way down to 448 active cases from (67,803 official cases which is a total BS number). Sichuan had been all the way down to one active case, is now up to sixteen. And yes, I do believe the active number count. Panzhihua social media knows the names and stories of all the people that got sick here. I've been saying 15, my error, we'd had 16 cases, all cured, and no new ones since early February; all but one with the same family.

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Seriously? 

For the heir apparent from the Den party? 

Seriously? 

You aren't that stupid brother. It's much more than a "conflict of interest." 

How many people actually like Biden?  I’m not a fan. 

28 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Sound more like some states don’t listen. What do you expect from NY and NJ tho?

Certain people don’t. The same people that never do. Now they cry that it’s hitting them more. I could have told them that months ago. Same crew that pisses in their own elevators and throws garbage out their window. Did anyone think that the same neighborhoods that doused cops with water last summer were going to all of a sudden cooperate during a public health crisis? 

On 4/7/2020 at 5:27 PM, MDC said:

The obvious conflict of interest is that Trump is making money on businesses in the same countries he’s engaged in diplomacy with as president. We can talk about Trump charging the US taxpayer to house his secret service in his own properties if you want another example.

Please show receipts of this accusation. thanks! :bench: