Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

0.12-0.20% fatality rate, good job everyone, back to work

37,000 + deaths since we started counting them at the end of Feb. Nice try

15 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

They are doing testing in chelsea because that city has a disproportionate number of deaths from COVID per 1000 people. That doesn’t necessarily mean that there are a lot of asymptomatic people. It could just mean a lot of people in Chelsea have it.

The point is that 30% of those tested and had the Covid-19 antibodies never got sick.  A similar result was found in a California study.  Even Fauci has pivoted to hypothesise that the “silent carrier” rate could be between 25%-50%.

More studies will be done, it’ll be interesting to see the results as things change daily as new data comes in.

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

and total deaths means what?

Oh so total deaths don't matter so long as it's a lower mortality rate than expected? Sounds logical to prefer something like 5 million dead at a .01% mortalilty rate than have 50k dead at a 3% mortality rate

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Interesting visual representation of daily death in the US over the last 6 weeks or so.

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/1712761/

You are such a gaping puss.

You want some real stats?

Stanford study: 35 million to 56 million Americans already have Wuhan Flu. Making the real mortality rate .01%

Boston homeless study reveals 36% of 200 had Wuhan Flu, only 1 had symptoms. Extrapolated means 100 million Americans already have Wuhan Flu and morality rate is .005%

Even. WebMD says a study done over a 3 week period in March found that 8 million already had Wuhan Flu. In March, when our testing showed less than 10k.

This is literally the focking JV version of the flu, but because the media is making every single death headline news, putting out misleading charts linked in fagdaddy's post above, and pedophiles are holding We Are The World concerts to raise money for the very organization responsible for misleading the public at the jump..... We tore up our Constitution and tanked our economy.

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Oh so total deaths don't matter so long as it's a lower mortality rate than expected? Sounds logical to prefer something like 5 million dead at a .01% mortalilty rate than have 50k dead at a 3% mortality rate

So everyone is going to have it?

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I was just throwing out numbers, but if the video you posted is accurate then it seems damn near everyone is going to get it. All your video shows is that this virus has an extremely high transmition rate while still being deadly. 37k since Feb 29th.

24 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

200k deaths from cancer and heart disease. Nice try.

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I was just throwing out numbers, but if the video you posted is accurate then it seems damn near everyone is going to get it. All your video shows is that this virus has an extremely high transmition rate while still being deadly. 37k since Feb 29th.

How many deaths is acceptable? What do you propose we do if a vaccine/treatment isn’t developed?

The good news is that as more data comes back from testing it will be impossible for the sky screaming useful idiots to influence government and business decisions. The experts will all agree that the juice ain't worth the squeeze when 100 million already have antibodies and the morality rate is less than the flu. 

Enjoy your communism while you got it because when this bad boy is back at full strength, most likely by July 4th, it ain't stopping.

Fock you and your mail in ballots.

Fock you and your no mass gatherings.

Trump rallies coming nationwide and will be bigger than ever as so many more have been affected by the "cure" than the disease. 

TDS mortality will be bigger than Wuhan Flu morality by the end of the year.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

As a person who agrees with the right for a woman to abort a pregnancy (up to a certain point) I agree with her stance on the abortion issue. 

You would. 

12 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

That's my take.  I imagine that that is what happens with many such viruses.  Most get it, some get sick, a few die, and we get herd immunity.  The whole idea with social distancing was not to lower overall cases, it was to "flatten the curve" to take stress off of hospitals in the near term.  Well, whatever we did apparently worked because outside of NY/NJ and maybe one or two in Michigan, hospitals aren't stressed.

The problem is that "flatten the curve" became "every life matters."  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

That's my take.  I imagine that that is what happens with many such viruses.  Most get it, some get sick, a few die, and we get herd immunity.  The whole idea with social distancing was not to lower overall cases, it was to "flatten the curve" to take stress off of hospitals in the near term.  Well, whatever we did apparently worked because outside of NY/NJ and maybe one or two in Michigan, hospitals aren't stressed.

Good take

11 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

You would. 

Yes, of course I would. I am fine with someone who does not want their baby and cannot afford to give the baby a decent life to terminate the pregnancy. Gotta love the hypocracy of being 100% anti abortion but then bltch about generational welfare. 

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Short-term. We needed to buy time to get some real data because the Chinese lie, and to assess treatments. That is what we did. It doesn’t mean this is our long-term way of living.

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I completely agree that once the gov thinks we are past the worst of this, we should go back to normal life. Trump will get killed if he forces the country to reopen and this virus spikes again. I trust his judgment on this. Buuuut, to look at this and think 37k deaths since Feb 29th is no big deal, that takes an assh0le. That same person would cry about how wrong they were if it was his mom, child, significant other in intensive care. 

3 hours ago, MDC said:

They’re MAGAtards protesting government intrusion because they think Covid is a hoax. The POTUS and moonbat alt right media told them so.

Those aren't the "alt right" those are psuedo-libertarian types that are commonly found in the contemporary Republican party. And yeah they're ridiculous.

24 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Short-term. We needed to buy time to get some real data because the Chinese lie, and to assess treatments. That is what we did. It doesn’t mean this is our long-term way of living.

Didn't you already say you're not gonna shake hands anymore because of this thing?

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Didn't you already say you're not gonna shake hands anymore because of this thing?

I think it will go away. I was still shaking hands recently, so it isn’t really my thing to get rid of it. I just think it be one of the things that change. 

I think companies will be rethink their office space too. 

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

How many were covid positive?

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yes, of course I would. I am fine with someone who does not want their baby and cannot afford to give the baby a decent life to terminate the pregnancy. Gotta love the hypocracy of being 100% anti abortion but then bltch about generational welfare. 

So it’s an economic decision? What if you can afford to have the child but don’t feel like it? 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So it’s an economic decision? What if you can afford to have the child but don’t feel like it? 

Yeah I'm fine with someone not having the child. It's their choice. There can be a bunch of reasons why someone does it. As long as it doesn't happen after a certain point imo, then that's their call.

24 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

How many were covid positive?

How many people died in their homes but weren't counted? I'm not trying to paint a doomsday picture, just that anyone who dismisses this virus is being really short sighted. The argument that it's less deadly on a per infection basis doesn't hold water if everyone is getting infected. 

Higher population density areas should be more cautious. It shouldn't be a one size fits all

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I agree with this.  We did what needed to be done in large part because China is a lying sack of bat dung.  In the absence of data we needed to err on the conservative side.  

Areas that have had a large amount of cases have had their medical systems inundated, and yet the usual suspects just keep going "blah blah flu kills more". You know what the flu hasn't done? It hasn't caused hospitals like ours to shut down all visitations and all elective procedures to keep it in check, in spite of drastic actions like shutting down businesses and having a large amount of the population wear masks in public and maintain separation from others. It hasn't filled a single one of our ICUs with critical patients on the ventilator, much less several ICU units (and we aren't even in the worst of it, like Detroit or New York City). Then again, I don't know why I expect people to actually ask those who are dealing with the pandemic about what the toll is actually like, especially when it doesn't fit the narrative they've chosen to be 'correct'.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yeah I'm fine with someone not having the child. It's their choice. There can be a bunch of reasons why someone does it. As long as it doesn't happen after a certain point imo, then that's their call.

So why did you bring economics into it? If everyone could afford to have a baby you would still be for it. You can go ahead and take that excuse out of your arsenal.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The argument that it's less deadly on a per infection basis doesn't hold water

Any argument based in fact holds no water because we have no facts. :dunno:

Well, we have 1 fact.  Those who have tested positive. 

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I completely agree that once the gov thinks we are past the worst of this, we should go back to normal life. Trump will get killed if he forces the country to reopen and this virus spikes again. I trust his judgment on this. Buuuut, to look at this and think 37k deaths since Feb 29th is no big deal, that takes an assh0le. That same person would cry about how wrong they were if it was his mom, child, significant other in intensive care. 

Define "spike"?  Because mathematically, the cases should uptick when we return to normal.  And the MSM will fry Trump, whatever the increase.

If you track the data it is clear that this thing has flattened out for virtually the entire country.  Many states I believe are just waiting for the end of the month at this point to start re-opening, since that is the timeframe they have provided.

From Zerohedge:

While COVID-19 mostly kills older people with underlying conditions, it can have devastating effects on the vast majority who survive the initial illness - including younger individuals.

Based on what we know about this brand new disease, up to half of those who contract it may show no symptoms. Of those who become sick, effects range from no worse than the common cold, to 'worst flu I've ever had,' to requiring hospitalization and oxygen support, to death. 

And while many believe we need to just rip the band-aid off and achieve herd immunity with a de-facto global 'chickenpox party,' evidence is mounting that coronavirus may remain in the body for weeks after a patient is 'cleared' of the disease - with some experiencing a second stage of the disease, and others reporting the illness hitting them in waves.

In South Korea, nearly 100 COVID-19 patients deemed 'recovered' had tested positive again, according to Jeong Eun-Kyeong, director of the Korean CDC, adding that the virus may have been reactivated rather than the patients being re-infected."

To that end, members of Reddit's "Covid 19 positive" forum - many of whom are younger, have been sharing their frustrating experiences as their bodies can't seem to shake the virus.

A few examples of this alarming trend in threads:

7th week of being symptomatic today. Anyone else strugggling to fight this off?

Symptoms Resurging

I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired

29 days - keeps coming back

Almost 4 weeks since first symptoms appeared I feel like I'm getting new symtpons

27 Days and Scared Reading These Posts

We Need to Talk About What Coronavirus Recoveries Look Like

And a few excerpts, mostly from the '7th week' thread above:

"I first became symptomatic on the 29th of February. I'm 30 years old and male. Have had 2 ER visits including a chest x-ray which was apparently clear. Cough comes and goes, absence of taste in mouth/metallic taste on tongue. Mild fever which has worsened this week. Starting to get incredibly weak. Had diarrhea on and off since the start also. Lymph nodes are very sore and had shortness of breath feeling quite a lot too although my sats have normally been good.

Today marks the 49th day (7 weeks) of being sick and whilst I have had a few days where I began to feel better, overall I don't feel like I'm recovering."

And in reply:

I'm on day 51. Still weak off and on through the day, still have gunk in my lungs. I cried last night over the kitchen sink because I'm so sick of this. My breathing has been not too bad for the last week, but I woke up this morning feeling shortness of breath, which freaked me out. I thought that that symptom was over and done with.

I wish that there was more in the news about this presentation of the virus-the long-lasting, up and down symptoms.

Another Redditor responds:

I started with mild symptoms in the first week of March...my most severe ones were about 4 weeks ago where I was struggling to breathe. I'm still getting wiped out just by going for a 30-minute walk outside. Breathing starts getting labored at that point too, but otherwise, I'm fine.

It's exhausting dealing with it. I'm not sure how my wife is handling it because she says I'm looking and acting normal all of a sudden and then after a bit of activity I've got sputum, labored breathing, and am ready to fall asleep on the next park bench.

I'm so frustrated because I'll be walking along a path seeing people riding their bikes at the pace I was running at 5 weeks ago...it just doesn't feel like it's going away any time soon

And another:

"ME TOO. I'm 26 years old, healthy BMI, no pre-existing conditions. Week 7 (49 days) since I first got sick and the last week or so I've had chest pains and heart flutters. The difficulty breathing has gotten better some days but then regresses a bit. Like 2 steps forward, 1 step back. This is getting to the point where it seems ridiculous...I'm still barely able to work and can't exercise yet."

An Italian coronavirus victim writes:

Hi, I'm 29M And on week 6 since first symptoms. I feel better but not as before the disease. I have occasional muscle pain occasional diarrhea and occasional sore throat. Some day I feel like nothing happened and the day after bam my happiness disappears because I fell not so well. Hope that they will develop some medicine. I feel that this is not over....

And another:

I have been battling this for more than 30 days at this point. It has never gotten to the point in which I had to go to the hospital but I have experienced a wide range of symptoms that I have never experienced before. Everything from the usual fever, cough, chest tightness to elevated heart rate, edema in one foot and very sharp pain on my left thigh, that seemed to come out of nowhere and I'm still dealing with.

These symptoms are unpredictable, weird and relentless.

This virus is honestly the worst thing that has ever happened to me and it's really hard to find the strength to keep going at times. I understand I'm very lucky...it could be worse. It's just hard to deal with this for sooo long. I just want to wake up one day and feel normal.

I really would love to know if recovery is truly real.

Clicking through the rest of the bulleted threads above reveals similar experiences shared by a disturbing number of people who have been grappling with COVID-19 with no end in sight.

So, as we consider the plan to reopen the economy by putting those most likely to survive contract COVID-19 back to work, it's crucial that we employ strict measures to minimize infections to the greatest extent possible until we know more about the long-term effects of the disease, and/or a treatment is developed which can manage the myriad of lingering mystery symptoms. Unfortunately, a woeful lack of personal protective equipment (PPE) is going to make that a challenge.

The people who have survived severe COVID-19 infection requiring mechanical ventilation will have several lifelong complications. Prolonged periods on mechanical ventilators are bad for lung compliance and the airways. High oxygen requirement on mechanical ventilation causes oxygen toxicity (the lungs are designed to function on air, which is roughly 21% oxygen, 79% nitrogen). Spending a week or weeks on medications like propofol to maintain sedation during mechanical ventilation has long-term effects on things like short-term memory...and if you required neuromuscular blockade, you likely will experience muscular weakness and impaired neuromuscular transmission as a side effect, necessitating physical rehabilitation. 

50 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Areas that have had a large amount of cases have had their medical systems inundated, and yet the usual suspects just keep going "blah blah flu kills more". You know what the flu hasn't done? It hasn't caused hospitals like ours to shut down all visitations and all elective procedures to keep it in check, in spite of drastic actions like shutting down businesses and having a large amount of the population wear masks in public and maintain separation from others. It hasn't filled a single one of our ICUs with critical patients on the ventilator, much less several ICU units (and we aren't even in the worst of it, like Detroit or New York City). Then again, I don't know why I expect people to actually ask those who are dealing with the pandemic about what the toll is actually like, especially when it doesn't fit the narrative they've chosen to be 'correct'.

I will add in the fact that some people are majorly focked up after getting this. Lungs focked up, blood clots, heart damage, kidney damage. Anyone that thinks this is just another 'flu' is a serious moron.

It's a bad virus unleashed by the chink govt.

44 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

The people who have survived severe COVID-19 infection requiring mechanical ventilation will have several lifelong complications. Prolonged periods on mechanical ventilators are bad for lung compliance and the airways. High oxygen requirement on mechanical ventilation causes oxygen toxicity (the lungs are designed to function on air, which is roughly 21% oxygen, 79% nitrogen). Spending a week or weeks on medications like propofol to maintain sedation during mechanical ventilation has long-term effects on things like short-term memory...and if you required neuromuscular blockade, you likely will experience muscular weakness and impaired neuromuscular transmission as a side effect, necessitating physical rehabilitation. 

I appreciate all of your updates.

32 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I will add in the fact that some people are majorly focked up after getting this. Lungs focked up, blood clots, heart damage, kidney damage. Anyone that thinks this is just another 'flu' is a serious moron.

It's a bad virus unleashed by the chink govt.

The general picture for the critical patients is along the lines of...

Severe hypotension secondary to sepsis, requiring the use of one or more vasopressors to maintain a survivable blood pressure (side effect of vasopressors is death of tissue in the extremities, amputation resulting from long periods of their use). Renal failure severe enough to require CRRT (continuous dialysis). CRRT requires the use of heparin to prevent the lines from being clotted off...unfortunately these patients also have coagulopathy, clotting factors being wasted in forming clots where they are not needed, leaving insufficient clotting factors to prevent bleeding from IV sites, CRRT sites, any other wounds. Severe lung failure, necessitating mechanical ventilation with high levels of PEEP (which has a negative effect on blood pressure) and oxygen (which itself is damaging over long periods when concentrations greater than 50% are used), and in several cases pulmonary hypertension requiring the administration of inhaled nitric oxide (I've already seen more adult patients on INO this month than the previous 11 years of my experience combined). For several of these patients, these measures alone have not been enough and we have needed to use proning (placing the patient face down for 12-16 hours at a time) to try to keep blood oxygen levels high enough to not cause anoxic damage to the brain and other organs. Half of the patients I personally have had come off of the ventilator failed within 24 hours and were reintubated. As mentioned in an earlier post, the use of hydroxychloroquine has not proven useful in patients who are already well into the disease process (similar to how Tamiflu is only useful within the first 72 hours of symptom onset for influenza). ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation) has had some success, though it is extremely limited (major funding required for the equipment, specialized trained staff to operate it) with only a couple hospitals in the state who have it available, and limited machines to run it with (plus the coagulopathy symptom has caused problems with the catheters that remove blood from the body and reinject it clotting off). I have not heard of anyone using high frequency oscillatory ventilation on these patients so far.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

125k deaths from cancer, 125k deaths from heart disease since 2/29.

Perhaps there are a lot of people just ignorant of the stats and brainwashed into thinking 37k deaths is some travesty worthy of shutting down the country.

6 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

125k deaths from cancer, 125k deaths from heart disease since 2/29.

Perhaps there are a lot of people just ignorant of the stats and brainwashed into thinking 37k deaths is some travesty worthy of shutting down the country.

That’s 37,000 more Americans than have ever been killed by Muslim refugees on US soil. :thumbsup: 

Now zero, how about you go into minute detail of what chemotherapy and radiation does to one's body and the long term effects.

The fact is 50-100 million people already have had Wuhan Flu and 30k died.

That leaves a mortality rate of less than .05% and close to .01%.

95% of those who died were fat and old or diabetic.

90% of those who died were over the age of 65.

Quit being a fear mongering biotch. Just because you live in a high density shite hole doesn't mean the other 99% of the country is going to have similar results.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Now zero, how about you go into minute detail of what chemotherapy and radiation does to one's body and the long term effects.

Quit being a fear mongering biotch. Just because you live in a high density shite hole doesn't mean the other 99% of the country is going to have similar results.

Care to provide any links to your information? Now, most of it is irrelevant, but you could at least provide the proof of talking out your ass. 

Your “fact” on the number of infected and deaths is glaring (we are already over 40k deaths in the US).

29 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Yes, lets all listen to the troll who just parrots whatever he reads on Facebook or Twitter or cable news. Clearly the source of great knowledge and...well, red herrings. For starters, you are making the assumption that when I point out the effects of COVID in large numbers in any given area that I am saying the entire country is going to get it, which at no point have I made any such claim...hell, I haven't even stated how much of the country requires lockdown or how drastic that lockdown needs to be, but putting words into the other side's mouth is how trolls like you operate so it is to be expected.

As far as your assumption that living in high density sh*t holes is the only time there will be a problem...my first point would be that the second largest number of cases in this county are located in an upscale, mostly white city that has a population of 8200 people. But a better example would be Dougherty County, Georgia. There are 1400 cases and just shy of 100 deaths in a rural county with a total population of 94,500 people. How did a random, non-urban high density sh*t hole end up with so many cases and deaths? Because of literally TWO funerals. That is all it took to spread COVID to that many people, two funerals where one or two persons carried infection whether they knew it or not. That is the reason for social distancing and masks, basic common sense steps.

Your next random point is bringing up how cancer is bad and treatment for it is bad. Which has exactly what to do with a communicable disease that has spread across the country and killed thousands? Nothing, of course, you just are throwing out unrelated sh*t and grinning at how brilliant your non-existant point was.

Onward to your mortality rate argument. You do realize, or at this point maybe there is enough evidence to prove you don't, that deaths aren't the only thing that causes stress on medical systems, no? Even if some absurd number of the critical COVID cases we have had in our hospital survived, that is still 25% of our non-critical inpatient beds and over 80% of our ICU beds being occupied by a single illness at any given moment, for weeks on end. And guess what, your cancer patients and your diabetic patients, and your old patients, and everyone who gets in an accident or has a heart attack or any other damn medical emergency are still happening and still requiring care and hospital beds and ICU beds. Which aren't necessarily available, because of COVID. 

In summary, the COVID-19 pandemic IS a legitimate disaster, it IS something the governments whether state or federal are right to deal with. How far they need to or should have gone with those steps varies, and there have certainly been oversteps by some, but this idea that you keep peddling that this is nothing but influenza and it is stupid that the US has shutdown parts of its economy over it is as mindless as most of your posts.

• Thanks 2