Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

11 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Nope.

If a person is not at risk, and goes to work at Starbucks, they will have exposure to 100's of people through the course of a shift. They then go home to an elderly person or someone with a medical condition. 

Why do you feel it's unnecessary to do anything to help prevent the spread to those at risk, by those not at risk?

What about the millions of low/no risk people who don't go home to a high risk family member? Should they not be allowed to return to normal? If so, why not?

I've stated repeatedly, high risk or skeered people can choose to stay home. 

I don't think it's your responsibility to mitigate any dangers in my life just as it isn't my responsibility to mitigate dangers in yours. 

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

What about the millions of low/no risk people who don't go home to a high risk family member? Should they not be allowed to return to normal? If so, why not?

I don't think it's your responsibility to mitigate any dangers in my life just as it isn't my responsibility to mitigate dangers in yours. 

He's just another one of the lefty lemming losers who's thrilled to see the economy and hard working peoples lives go down the schitter all in the name of protecting criminals and preventing another trump administration.  

You can see through these scumbags clearly. 

Lowest of the low  

Again, I never said that those people shouldn't be allowed to return to normal. 

I'm asking what we are doing to help those that can't return to normal? I've heard we need to open things up because there is an increase in suicides and other issues. If those that can't return to work safely are in financial distress, then they may turn to suicide. Evidently that doesn't matter. 

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

He's just another one of the lefty lemming losers who's thrilled to see the economy and hard working peoples lives go down the schitter all in the name of protecting criminals and preventing another trump administration.  

Lowest of the low  

Are you really that dumb? I've never said any of those things.

This is why I said that some here feel a slight threat, so they go on the attack. Shows how weak some of you are that you can't even have a discussion.

28 minutes ago, Leeson said:

How many of you would agree to paying those with REAL disabilities the next stimulus check, while not giving it to those that have no medical condition. 

There would be strict oversight and penalty for people faking it.

Still, not one answer to this question. 

15 minutes ago, Leeson said:

There are two sides to this. 

I've asked this question a couple of times. But, none of you have answered. 

At this point, damn near everybody has been out of work or had hours reduced/pay cut. 

The next stimulus should include everybody who has been negatively impacted, including low risk imdividuals. That should hold them over while we open things back up and let people get back to work. 

High risk individuals can petition for extended assistance until a vaccine is available. 

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

He's just another one of the lefty lemming losers 

Lowest of the low  

😂😂  Sounds familiar. You've said the exact same things about me and MDC.  Funny how you're such an insecure little cuntwad that you have to turn anyone who disagrees with you into public enemy #1.  This is because you were coddled as a kid and have emotional breakdowns anytime you're challenged. 

10 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Again, I never said that those people shouldn't be allowed to return to normal. 

You have, though. You're suggesting that low risk people should be forced to continue to take precautions to mitigate the danger to high risk people. That's not returning to "normal." 

People at high risk for death from this virus have health conditions that they have been dealing with already. They will simply need to take extra precautions until a vaccine is available. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

😂😂  Sounds familiar. You've said the exact same things about me and MDC.  Funny how you're such an insecure little cuntwad that you have to turn anyone who disagrees with you into public enemy #1.  This is because you were coddled as a kid and have emotional breakdowns anytime you're challenged. 

Scumbag says what ? 

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

At this point, damn near everybody has been out of work or had hours reduced/pay cut. 

The next stimulus should include everybody who has been negatively impacted, including low risk imdividuals. That should hold them over while we open things back up and let people get back to work. 

High risk individuals can petition for extended assistance until a vaccine is available. 

At least you responded.

If things are opened back up wouldn't that mean non risk people are back to normal. If everyone has taken a financial hit, those at risk people are going to be hit even harder. 

I don't think we should given $1200 to everyone. Not everyone needed it. We should have filtered that money through state unemployment offices to help those that actually had their finances negatively effected. 

You have, though. You're suggesting that low risk people should be forced to continue to take precautions to mitigate the danger to high risk people. That's not returning to "normal." 

People at high risk for death from this virus have health conditions that they have been dealing with already. They will simply need to take extra precautions until a vaccine is available. 

I compared it to handicap parking spaces. Why should I have to park further out in the lot when there are 10 handicap spaces right up front. 

6 minutes ago, The Observer said:

cuntwad

This is as far as Sir Newbie Fingerbanger's grade school education got him.

11 minutes ago, Leeson said:

At least you responded.

If things are opened back up wouldn't that mean non risk people are back to normal. If everyone has taken a financial hit, those at risk people are going to be hit even harder. 

I don't think we should given $1200 to everyone. Not everyone needed it. We should have filtered that money through state unemployment offices to help those that actually had their finances negatively effected. 

People have been out of work for months. Simply allowing them to return to work doesn't automatically make things even. They will need to be working for a couple of months (at least), to get money back in the bank, get caught up on bills... Many will need to find new jobs because their old one isn't available to return to anymore. Tons of businesses have closed their doors for good because of this buIIshit. 

The restaurant owner who lost his business isn't made whole simply because the economy has reopened. 

1 minute ago, Leeson said:

I compared it to handicap parking spaces. Why should I have to park further out in the lot when there are 10 handicap spaces right up front. 

Ten spaces, try attending the Special Olympics.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Ten spaces, try attending the Special Olympics.

Fock them. If they can't compete in the regular Olympics, then stay home. 

amirite?

Just now, drobeski said:

Scared ? You probably typed that with your mask on 😂

No because I'm in my office at work.  But if I were in a grocery store, I would be considerate enough the wear one because I know there are morbidly obese high-risk people like you wobbling around.

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

People have been out of work for months. Simply allowing them to return to work doesn't automatically make things even. They will need to be working for a couple of months (at least), to get money back in the bank, get caught up on bills... Many will need to find new jobs because their old one isn't available to return to anymore. Tons of businesses have closed their doors for good because of this buIIshit. 

The restaurant owner who lost his business isn't made whole simply because the economy has reopened. 

This is dangerously close to confirming my point about those that at risk.

One of the other posters will be along shortly to call you a waste of time or the lowest of the low. 

1 minute ago, Leeson said:

One of the other posters will be along shortly to call you a waste of time or the lowest of the low. 

What about sending covid positive patients into nursing homes ? On purpose.... risky ?

56 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Seems like a bunch of people here got their panties in a bunch. 

Welcome to the echo chamber...you either assimilate or get beaten over the head with the semantics hammer.  Having said that, more times than not this place can be rather entertaining...it's my go to reading while on the shitter or eating lunch.

10 minutes ago, Leeson said:

I'm on record here as saying that the government prohibited people from going to work and that they are responsible for the lives and livelihoods they endanger/destroy as a result. 

I've never changed my position. 

10 minutes ago, The Observer said:

No because I'm in my office at work.  But if I were in a grocery store, I would be considerate enough the wear one because I know there are morbidly obese high-risk people like you wobbling around.

You should wear one 24/7 so no one has to look at your hideous face

• Haha 1

Just now, drobeski said:

10/10 Super clever.  

5 minutes ago, usurpers26 said:

Welcome to the echo chamber...you either assimilate or get beaten over the head with the semantics hammer.  Having said that, more times than not this place can be rather entertaining...it's my go to reading while on the shitter or eating lunch.

We should report and ban you. 

Oh wait we aren't pussies like that other place. 

12 minutes ago, drobeski said:

What about sending covid positive patients into nursing homes ? On purpose.... risky ?

Are the people in the nursing homes already infected with Covid 19? 

What about sending covid positive people back to work at __________ (fill in the blank with your place of work).  Risky?

10 minutes ago, usurpers26 said:

I'm entertained.

6 minutes ago, drobeski said:

We should report and ban you. 

Oh wait we aren't pussies like that other place. 

Then what would I do when I am on the shitter??

56 minutes ago, Leeson said:

This would help those at risk. Curious what you think of this suggestion?

Again, until you acknowledge the following as truth there isn't any point in continuing the discussion:

Whether we allow those not at risk to live their lives has nothing to do with how we treat those at risk.  Until you agree with that, we're just talking past each other. 

We have to have a common base point. 

5 minutes ago, usurpers26 said:

Then what would I do when I am on the shitter??

Same thing you always do ? Wipe the kum off ?

1 hour ago, Leeson said:

How many of you would agree to paying those with REAL disabilities the next stimulus check, while not giving it to those that have no medical condition. 

There would be strict oversight and penalty for people faking it.

What does this have to do with the price of bat soup in China?

20 minutes ago, drobeski said:

He should wear one 24/7 because he has fecal matter in his mouth from performing an anus centric sexual act that his middle aged girlfriend demands of him. It originated in the gay community and he ran with it. 

2 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

What does this have to do with the price of bat soup in China?

It's an idea. Something that helps both sides. 

Those at risk are concerned about getting sick, dying, or bringing the virus home to someone else. Others want to open things up. Why can't we find a way the makes both sides happy?

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Same thing you always do ? Wipe the kum off ?

That is Rickles level wit right there!

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Again, until you acknowledge the following as truth there isn't any point in continuing the discussion:

We have to have a common base point. 

Sorry, you're wrong.

Is Tesla, Amazon, etc have treated people differently and threatened to withhold things from those that choose not to put themselves at risk. 

The two are tied together whether you want to believe it or not. I've given two examples in this thread. But, you are choosing not to acknowledge it.

I for one won’t be jumping right back in when things open up. I have elderly parents and two young kids.  But other people shouldn’t have to live by my standard at this point.  Besides, I don’t trust people to play by the rules anyway.  I understand humans and their flaws. 

So genius Trump tweets this morning that he's never met or even heard of whistleblower Rick Bright.  Rep. Joe Kennedy tweets back "Maybe the fact that you didn't know or even hear of the person in charge of biomedical research for your administration in the midst of a global pandemic is the reason why we are quickly approaching 100,000 deaths in this country"   BOOM!!

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I for one won’t be jumping right back in when things open up. I have elderly parents and two young kids.  But other people shouldn’t have to live by my standard at this point.  Besides, I don’t trust people to play by the rules anyway.  I understand humans and their flaws. 

Jump back into what?  Uber driving?  You do nothing all day.  'Not jumping back in" is your normal day. Not contributer to society

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

So genius Trump tweets this morning that he's never met or even heard of whistleblower Rick Bright.  Rep. Joe Kennedy tweets back "Maybe the fact that you didn't know or even hear of the person in charge of biomedical research for your administration in the midst of a global pandemic is the reason why we are quickly approaching 100,000 deaths in this country"   BOOM!!

That’s not going to age well.  Book it.