Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This graph was posted in the comments of the Pew Research post and I thought it gave a great example of how things really are.

https://twitter.com/SteveMillerOC/status/1265650018041491457?s=20

I posted the exact twitter post.  It was their comment followed by the graph, in the same tweet. 

I mis-read your post, never mind.  :cheers:

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Did you read their tweet?  That was their take-a-way from the graph. 

I read it. Sort of like a 3 year old. Like the 500 pound guy who lost 100 pounds. That is great, but you are still 400 pounds.

Another, more poignant take-a-way.

"Despite most Republican led states opening back up weeks ago, Covid-19 data has remained steady, no spikes yet seen."

7 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I read it. Sort of like a 3 year old. Like the 500 pound guy who lost 100 pounds. That is great, but you are still 400 pounds.

Yep.  It's unfortunate, but not surprising, that this re-opening has become a partisan issue.  I think that the smart people on this site agree with the data that the elderly and infirmed are at serious risk and need to continue quarantine, while the rest of us open back up.  We may argue on the speed/plan of opening, but that is a nit.  

But you see tweets/headlines like that and it is sigh... :(

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Democratic governors now realize they are on the hook for these numbers too. The numbers are coming down. Cuomo already changed how they count the chinavirus deaths now. It’s very transparent. Plus they are also the ones making the call to re-open. That’s not Trumps call. Fun with numbers. 

Preach.  As soon as it's in the politicians best interest to have the numbers be lower, the numbers will magically be lower.

Plus why are they still tracking deaths?  That will come down just because we'll get smarter about treating people.  They should be tracking critical patients.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/05/americans-dont-get-ruled.php

This judge gets it

AMERICANS DON’T GET RULED”

Michael McHaney is a state court judge in Clay County, Illinois. On Friday, he ruled from the bench in a case brought by a Clay County small business owner against Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker, contesting the validity of Pritzker’s shutdown order. Via RedState, these are excerpts from Judge McHaney’s ruling:

Since the inception of this insanity, the following regulations, rules or consequences have occurred: I won’t get COVID if I get an abortion but I will get COVID if I get a colonoscopy. Selling pot is essential but selling goods and services at a family-owned business is not. Pot wasn’t even legal and pot dispensaries didn’t even exist in this state until five months ago and, in that five months, they have become essential but a family-owned business in existence for five generations is not.

A family of six can pile in their car and drive to Carlyle Lake without contracting COVID but, if they all get in the same boat, they will. We are told that kids rarely contract the virus and sunlight kills it, but summer youth programs, sports programs are cancelled. Four people can drive to the golf course and not get COVID but, if they play in a foursome, they will. If I go to Walmart, I won’t get COVID but, if I go to church, I will. Murderers are released from custody while small business owners are threatened with arrest if they have the audacity to attempt to feed their families.

These are just a few of examples of rules, regulations and consequences that are arbitrary, capricious, and completely devoid of anything even remotely approaching common sense.
The defendant in this case orders you to stay home and pronounces that, if you leave the state, you are putting people in danger, but his family members traveled to Florida and Wisconsin because he deems such travel essential. One initial rationale why the rules don’t apply to him is that his family farm had animals that needed [to be] fed. Try selling that argument to farmers who have had to slaughter their herds because of disruption in the supply chain.

When laws do not apply to those who make them, people are not being governed, they are being ruled. Make no mistake, these executive orders are not laws. They are royal decrees. Illinois citizens are not being governed, they are being ruled. The last time I checked Illinois citizens are also Americans and Americans don’t get ruled. The last time a monarch tried to rule Americans, a shot was fired that was heard around the world. That day led to the birth of a nation consensually governed based upon a document which ensures that on this day in this, [or] any American courtroom tyrannical despotism will always lose and liberty, freedom and the Constitution will always win.

We need more rulings like this from judges across the country to bring the current shutdown regime to a screeching halt.

While Trump continued raging a war against social media and anyone who tries stopping him from lying, President Biden delivered a beautiful speech yesterday in memory of the 100,000 lives lost to the Trump virus.  So nice to hear someone sound presidential and compassionate.  

7 minutes ago, The Observer said:

While Trump continued raging a war against social media and anyone who tries stopping him from lying, President Biden delivered a beautiful speech yesterday in memory of the 100,000 lives lost to the Trump virus.  So nice to hear someone sound presidential and compassionate.  

TDS is real.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

TDS is real.

When she calls it the Trump virus you know shes just trying to egg you all on.  Don't take the bait

13 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

When she calls it the Trump virus you know shes just trying to egg you all on.  Don't take the bait

Plus it gave you a reason to ignore the fact that it took Joe Biden to act as our President yesterday because Trump doesn't have the ability to do it. 

27 minutes ago, The Observer said:

How many times are you guys going to hit that 100,000 number ? A different celebration each time too.

50 minutes ago, The Observer said:

:lol: Corn Pop :banana:

59 minutes ago, The Observer said:

What a sad and disgusting person you are, like down in your soul.  You should consider counseling. 

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

What a sad and disgusting person you are, like down in your soul.  You should consider counseling. 

Triggered

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Just don't engage.  Telling you she did it for a reaction.  Leave her be

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Just don't engage.  Telling you she did it for a reaction.  Leave her be

OMG  You called me she. If I could give a prize for most original burn, I would surely hand it to you.  Do you write professionally?  You're like king of the zingers. 😂

17 minutes ago, Reality said:

Nailed it

Trump didn’t wait till it got to 100k to express sympathy and compassion for those lost. What took Biden so long? No big deal when it was 25k? 

Going out to a restaurant to eat for the first time in 2.5 months tonight.  Looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trump didn’t wait till it got to 100k to express sympathy and compassion for those lost. What took Biden so long? No big deal when it was 25k? 

Every day I heard Trump saying that 1 death was too many.  Meanwhile, Biden was changing his story about whether he favored the travel ban when it was implemented.

Just now, Strike said:

Every day I heard Trump saying that 1 death was too many.  Meanwhile, Biden was changing his story about whether he favored the travel ban when it was implemented.

100k has such a nice ring to it.  Phony. 

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

"One death is too many" was always the preemptive pretend-I-care phrase before trying to minimalism the impact this virus has had or to pat himself on the back.

"One death is too many, but all things considered, we've done an extraordinary job at containing this" blah blah blah   Trump has never once made a statement that expressed any genuine compassion or empathy towards the victims and their families.   Which is the exact reason his approval rating keep getting lower and lower. He just does not have the humanity gene. His only concern in life is how things affect him personally.   This is why he's at an all-time low 42% approval by Rasmussen. Rasmussen!  They have been the most Trump-friendly of all the polling sites. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

isn't this the 4th 100k celebration by the wackos in a week ? Its almost like the make it up. 

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

isn't this the 4th 100k celebration by the wackos in a week ? Its almost like the make it up. 

They’ll probably get to keep doing the fake phony 100k dance when the BS numbers get revised down and then go up over time. 

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

You must be confused between "approaching" 100,000, "nearly" 100,000, and actually hitting 100,000. Can't say I'm even a tiny bit shocked.

So when someone contracts the chinavirus in a nursing home and is sent to the hospital that’s not a nursing home death.   Nice try on the wordplay. 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Interesting that only about 20% of covid deaths in NY state are in nursing homes. More evidence of the fantastic job Cuomo has done protecting the elderly. 

If this all happened a year earlier, he'd be the Democratic nominee for president and would beat Trump by 20 points

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Interesting that only about 20% of covid deaths in NY state are in nursing homes. More evidence of the fantastic job Cuomo has done protecting the elderly. 

And 43% could be an undercount. States like New York exclude from their nursing home death tallies those who die in a hospital, even if they were originally infected in an assisted living facility.

Nice try though, I'm confident that you'll regurgitate that misguided "data" yet again tomorrow.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Nice try though, I'm confident that you'll regurgitate that misguided "data" yet again tomorrow.  :thumbsup:

You realize he's just trolling right?  He doesn't try to engage seriously.

80 nursing homes in mass with at least 20 dead. 

Liberal states are the best at ederly genocide. 

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

That guy is an idiot.

37 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Strike et al have been regurgitating the received idea that Cuomo murdered thousands of nursing home residents. Seems to me if Cuomo’s policies are responsible NY state’s #s would be worse than other states.

But they’re not. :dunno: