Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Libs: no unvaccinated kids in schools, they make everyone sick.

Libs: let's dump sick people into old folks homes.

:dunno:

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So reports are that half of the deaths from the chinavirus happened in nursing homes. Imagine if Trump gave the order to put people with the virus in those nursing homes and not liberal governors in blue states? Yeah, the media would treat it the same.  

They have been having meetings at CNN & the DNC to decide if it's feasible to somehow blame Trump for those.

So reported cases are up, yet deaths are down. Hmmm, what changed? Oh that’s right, we don’t send people with the chinavirus to nursing homes anymore. I guess the media can’t correlate the two. 

Nice and neat 10mil cases, 500k deaths being reported worldwide lately. Funny how anyone could think these stats are anywhere near accurate or reliable. From fudged death numbers to made up testing reports, top to bottom it’s a farce. Of course the doom and gloom squad is running with it as exact down to the last man. 

9 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

That takes me back to college!

That song makes me think of the Dawn of the Dead remake.  I usually hate remakes, but Zack Snyder did a really good job with this one. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 11:29 PM, tanatastic said:

Nonstop stories of hospitals overflowing and record death on a biblical level. Anyone seeing that in real actual life yet? Are your streets flooded with a walking dead-like horde of coughing sick people, some collapsing in the streets?

I've seen lots of video footage lately of streets flooded by walking dead-like hordes but didn't notice a lot of coughing and sick ones.

• Like 1

A friend sent me the following.  Buffalo Bill is dreamy. :wub:

On 6/22/2020 at 1:17 PM, jerryskids said:

I'll do it now, give me a link to your charity PFB.  I still think the numbers are crap since hospitals are incentivized financially to call a hangnail Covid, but it is all for a good cause.  :cheers:

BTW I got a job, started two weeks ago.  I will post a thread about it when I get the chance.  :thumbsup:

There may be massive undercounting of Covid-19 caused mortality, some researchers believe we may be missing half of the deaths caused by it in the official numbers.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767980

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

There may be massive undercounting of Covid-19 caused mortality, some researchers believe we may be missing half of the deaths caused by it in the official numbers.

Around 26% overall, perhaps 1/2 in certain states compared to previous years. The point is interesting though and the rationale is simplistic.  I doubt they were all Covid, though they could have been related to the pandemic.

6 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Around 26% overall, perhaps 1/2 in certain states compared to previous years. The point is interesting though and the rationale is simplistic.  I doubt they were all Covid, though they could have been related to the pandemic.

They do talk about that, for example someone putting off a procedure that could have saved their life.

It is impossible to know what the truth is, this is just another data point.

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Somehow...OMB :(

The only possible cure for this is no debates, no rallies, mail in voting (the big one) , tearing down statues,  ruining livelihoods, the economy , children's lives and families and ofcourse covid cootie free violent destructive protests. 

14 minutes ago, drobeski said:

The only possible cure for this is no debates, no rallies, mail in voting (the big one) , tearing down statues,  ruining livelihoods, the economy , children's lives and families and ofcourse covid cootie free violent destructive protests. 

You mean peaceful violent destructive protests. HTH. 

17 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Where do you get that from my post. I have posted previously the economy needs to open back up. I am against the protests, I support cops. I think in person voting should occur.

I only provided a single stat and you jump to the ridiculous stance that since I have tons of opinions I do not have.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

Where do you get that from my post. I have posted previously the economy needs to open back up. I am against the protests, I support cops. I think in person voting should occur.

I only provided a single stat and you jump to the ridiculous stance that since I have one opinion I have them all.

That wasn't a reference to your post just a general reference to where this whole thing is truly at. Pretty focked up that I'm spot on, no ? Do you not see the agenda through the trees ?

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

That wasn't a reference to your post just a general reference to where this whole thing is truly at. Pretty focked up that I'm spot on, no ? Do you not see the agenda through the trees ?

You quoted me in this thread, why not quote one of my other posts that are slightly more relevant. 

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

You quoted me in this thread, why not quote one of my other posts that are slightly more relevant. 

It's all relevant and related.  Everything happening.  

51 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

It is impossible to know what the truth is

I think it's glaringly obvious what the truth is. A disease is being politicized. It's focking disgusting. 

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Back to the topic at hand

@jerryskids

That seems like an epidemiological nothing burger.  Do you know anyone who has gone to the hospital for it?  Died from it?  I know that those are anecdotal questions but...

Anyway, gyms in AZ gave a hearty FU to our governor Doug Ducey on his edict to shut down.  Many of them are staying open and the largest company here (Mountainside Fitness) sued him, arguing that the order is arbitrary and capricious, which it is.  Not to mention that staying healthy is a good thing to combat Covid, vs. hair salons and other businesses which can stay open.

6 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Remember back in Feb/March when me and you were telling people that we were probably looking at a shutdown in our future with a major economic impact and that one dude kept saying there was no way that was going to happen and we needed to "trust me, bro! I have a degree."  Every time I open this thread I think of that jackass and laugh.

7 hours ago, nobody said:

Remember back in Feb/March when me and you were telling people that we were probably looking at a shutdown in our future with a major economic impact and that one dude kept saying there was no way that was going to happen and we needed to "trust me, bro! I have a degree."  Every time I open this thread I think of that jackass and laugh.

Reminds me of the folks who were saying:

They wont shut down college basketball...too much money!

They wont shut down the NBA, NHL, MLB or football..too much money is at stake!

11 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Back to the topic at hand

@jerryskids

Pretty much can't believe anything anymore. There are also articles saying it's getting over estimated.

17 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Pretty much can't believe anything anymore. There are also articles saying it's getting over estimated.

When Skibum starts politicizing his posts, we know the world has gone a bit mad. 

9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

That seems like an epidemiological nothing burger.  Do you know anyone who has gone to the hospital for it?  Died from it?  I know that those are anecdotal questions but...

Anyway, gyms in AZ gave a hearty FU to our governor Doug Ducey on his edict to shut down.  Many of them are staying open and the largest company here (Mountainside Fitness) sued him, arguing that the order is arbitrary and capricious, which it is.  Not to mention that staying healthy is a good thing to combat Covid, vs. hair salons and other businesses which can stay open.

I agree the shutdowns are going too far. We had planned to go to the beach tomorrow morning, however they are closing the Galveston and SPI beaches. We are worried that this will push an excess number of people toward the beach that we planned to visit.

Cities that are shutting down stuff are just making this worse by increasing the people that are congregating in the few remaining activities.

This has nothing to do with the excess mortality rate that the country has seen this year though.

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

49 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

When Skibum starts politicizing his posts, we know the world has gone a bit mad. 

I still try to get the majority of my Covid related news from medical and science journals and not from the mainstream media on either side of the isle. I am not politicizing my posts, it is other people that are seeing a political agenda in them.

9 hours ago, nobody said:

He was certainly over confident, but there is too much of a stigma around being wrong. He should just admit he was wrong and apologize, I have been wrong in this thread and admitted it. It is pretty easy to be wrong when so much is unknown.

27 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I still try to get the majority of my Covid related news from medical and science journals and not from the mainstream media on either side of the isle. I am not politicizing my posts, it is other people that are seeing a political agenda in them.

BS.  I see what you are doing with your 50% stuff. Don't deny it.

35 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Do you think reaction to the virus, the lockdowns and the fear mongering is political?

20 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Do you think reaction to the virus, the lockdowns and the fear mongering is political?

The site closest to a typical news site that I read would be "ars technica" or "live science". I do not go to any news sites, but from what I have read on this site from Cdub and Vudu is that the Michigan governor certainly made the virus political with the lockdown.

I do also visit thehulltruth and 2coolfishing which are very much politically aligned with fftoday. Thehulltruth in particular has a strong florida presence and I know that they recently shut down their bars, similar to Texas. Both the Texas and the Florida governor are pretty far right on the political spectrum, so this would be the counter argument for the lockdown being political. Why would the far right be enacting the measures if it was a far left fear tactic.

As far as reaction to the virus, I think that we greatly over reacted in the beginning. I did not delete my posts in this thread, I was one of the people calling for a shutdown. I see now that this was wrong. I now think almost everything should be opened up with a mandatory mask program. I think this is the best balance between slowing down the virus and allowing people to work.

I think even my Republican led Texas is going too far in the lockdowns.

If there are other examples of fear mongering outside of the lockdowns imposed by the government I may not be aware of them.

24 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

BS.  I see what you are doing with your 50% stuff. Don't deny it.

I am sorry, I may be obtuse but I have no idea what you are talking about and have never heard the 50% phrase.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

The only problem with this is that you ONLY post stuff that makes it look like the sky is falling.  And while what you post may be technically correct, it lacks context and critical thinking of the data it presents.  An example of this that the MSM is peddling; not related to your posts.  There is a narrative right now about how the number of Covid cases is going through the roof and ICU's are being overrun again.  Again, while technically correct they aren't doing any actual analysis of the data.  The reality is that the new cases are at a much lower age point.  This is because younger people take more risks than older people so when you start opening things up they're the ones who are going to push those boundaries, resulting in more interaction with others and therefore more infections.  We're also testing more people.  I posted an article last week sometime about the ICU stats from one hospital in Texas that showed their ICU had risen from about 70% full, their typical level of used capacity, to about 85% full recently.  I don't have stats for all hospitals but if this is representative then you're not talking about that much of an increase in ICU usage but the MSM is making it sound like a massive spike.  The fact that it's younger people accounting for most of the recent new cases explains why, despite the rise in cases, the death rate from Covid has continued to decrease. 

But you don't post any of the above.  You just post articles that make it sound like the sky is falling. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Strike said:

The only problem with this is that you ONLY post stuff that makes it look like the sky is falling.  And while what you post may be technically correct, it lacks context and critical thinking of the data it presents.  An example of this that the MSM is peddling; not related to your posts.  There is a narrative right now about how the number of Covid cases is going through the roof and ICU's are being overrun again.  Again, while technically correct they aren't doing any actual analysis of the data.  The reality is that the new cases are at a much lower age point.  This is because younger people take more risks than older people so when you start opening things up they're the ones who are going to push those boundaries, resulting in more interaction with others and therefore more infections.  We're also testing more people.  I posted an article last week sometime about the ICU stats from one hospital in Texas that showed their ICU had risen from about 70% full, their typical level of used capacity, to about 85% full recently.  I don't have stats for all hospitals but if this is representative then you're not talking about that much of an increase in ICU usage but the MSM is making it sound like a massive spike.  The fact that it's younger people accounting for most of the recent new cases explains why, despite the rise in cases, the death rate from Covid has continued to decrease. 

But you don't post any of the above.  You just post articles that make it sound like the sky is falling. 

The medical/science journals are all very serious and my posts tend to reflect that, I wish I had better news to share.

Below is one bit of good news I have read recently, it is extremely difficult for the extremely young to catch the virus as confirmed by two independent studies in different countries.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2488-1_reference.pdf

We found that none of the children under 10 years of age who took part in the study tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 infection at either survey, despite at least 13 of them living together with infected family members (Extended Data Table 3).

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2006100

Children under 10 years of age were less likely to receive a positive result than were persons 10 years of age or older, with percentages of 6.7% and 13.7%, respectively, for targeted testing; in the population screening, no child under 10 years of age had a positive result, as compared with 0.8% of those 10 years of age or older.