Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

30 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

That "study" has a p factor of .86, which means the study is somewhere between statistically insignificant to completely useless.

Fair.  My point was that the “large” number of mask wearers was not a “gotcha” moment.

4 hours ago, riversco said:

Is there any studies being done showing if wearing masks is slowing the spread of other airborne flus and colds that are not covid?

There's no political gain from that so the answer is 'no'. However, wear a mask for the rest of your existence and you will die much sooner that the person that doesn't wear a mask. Your immune system will become weak as fock.

12 minutes ago, lod001 said:

There's no political gain from that so the answer is 'no'. However, wear a mask for the rest of your existence and you will die much sooner that the person that doesn't wear a mask. Your immune system will become weak as fock.

Wait... I thought masks didn’t prevent people from getting sick, so what’s the difference. Some even say that a makes makes you more prone to getting sick. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Wait... I thought masks didn’t prevent people from getting sick, so what’s the difference. Some even say that a makes makes you more prone to getting sick. 

Wearing masks like the general public wears masks does increase the masks wearers risk of infection. This has been proven in peer reviewed research and can be seen here in Michigan. We had a very strong decline in infections until the governor mandated everyone wear a mask. Infections shot up immediately and has stayed consistent.

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Wearing masks like the general public wears masks does increase the masks wearers risk of infection. This has been proven in peer reviewed research and can be seen here in Michigan. We had a very strong decline in infections until the governor mandated everyone wear a mask. Infections shot up immediately and has stayed consistent.

We’ve been through this, but I don’t have the energy to prove you wrong again.  Congrats, you win I guess.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

That "study" has a p factor of .86, which means the study is somewhere between statistically insignificant to completely useless.

What about the test... aren't they needing to multiply the RNA samples by something like 40 million or some sh!t to get a positive result ? The previous standard was anything above 20 million is useless ? 

56 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We’ve been through this, but I don’t have the energy to prove you wrong again.  Congrats, you win I guess.  :dunno:

Unfortunately for you, your facebook memes didn't convince me.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Unfortunately for you, your facebook memes didn't convince me.

Facebook memes?  :lol:  Apparently you forgot that I used your own links to show that masks are somewhere between indeterminate and helpful, sorta like drobs’ “data” above.  But you do you.

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Facebook memes?  :lol:  Apparently you forgot that I used your own links to show that masks are somewhere between indeterminate and helpful, sorta like drobs’ “data” above.  But you do you.

Yeah, I'm as shocked as you are I didn't go out and buy a dozens masks with that kind of persuasion. :lol:

Yeah, I'm as shocked as you are I didn't go out and buy a dozens masks with that kind of persuasion. :lol:

I originally commented because of your incessant idiotic insistence that masks make transmission worse.  Clearly you don’t remember, carry on.  :cheers:

I just noticed the cardboard people behind home plate in the ALCS are wearing masks.

Cardboard.

Masks.

🤡

9 hours ago, Goggins said:

I just noticed the cardboard people behind home plate in the ALCS are wearing masks.

Cardboard.

Masks.

🤡

Really ? 

10 hours ago, Goggins said:

Cardboard.

Masks.

🤡

Were they socially distanced? 

12 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I originally commented because of your incessant idiotic insistence that masks make transmission worse.  Clearly you don’t remember, carry on.  :cheers:

In the long run, they might. Once you go down that path, you can't stray .  Or are you of the opinion this virus will just disappear.  Or they will break the record of 4 years to get a reliable vaccine to market.  99.5 survival rate, nearly 100% for those under 55. Herd immunity is what we needed from the start.

Anyone who believes in masks is a focking useful idiot.

Masks were not mandated until AFTER the NY wave was over (and Cuomo killed 10,000 old people by sending COVID patients into nursing homes rather than the navy ship provided by Trump).

Masks were not even recommended by Fauci and the experts at the beginning.

It was only after Trump knocked it out of the park with record production of ventilators, hospital beds, testing kits, and PPE for essential workers that the media/Dems pivoted to mandatory masks.

And now we have seen areas with mandatory masks with the highest case levels. And 85% of people who tests positive for COVID say they wear a mask all the time.

Masks = Division, Fear, Compliance

2nd lockdown is imminent :(   sad

Twitter is censoring anyone who disagrees with the Mask Cult.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/18/white-house-expert-scott-atlas-censored-by-twitter/

"In the deleted tweet, I cited the following evidence against general population masks:

1) Cases exploded even with mandates: Los Angeles County, Miami-Dade County, Hawaii, Alabama, the Philippines, Japan, the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Israel.

2)  Dr. Carl Heneghan, University of Oxford, director of the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine and editor in chief of British Medical Journal Evidence-Based Medicine: ‘It would appear that despite two decades of pandemic preparedness, there is considerable uncertainty as to the value of wearing masks.’

(https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/masking-lack-of-evidence-with-politics/)

3) The WHO:  ‘The widespread use of masks by healthy people in the community setting is not yet supported by high quality or direct scientific evidence and there are potential benefits and harms to consider’  (http://bitly.ws/afUm)

4) The CDC: ‘Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.’ (https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article).

I also cited an article giving detailed explanation of the reasons why masks might not prevent spread:  https://t.co/1hRFHsxe59"

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

2nd lockdown is imminent :(   sad

The Jews voted for Hitler to lock them down. Look how that turned out.

1 minute ago, Goggins said:

The Jews voted for Hitler to lock them down. Look how that turned out.

Rich?

58 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

In the long run, they might. Once you go down that path, you can't stray .  Or are you of the opinion this virus will just disappear.  Or they will break the record of 4 years to get a reliable vaccine to market.  99.5 survival rate, nearly 100% for those under 55. Herd immunity is what we needed from the start.

No, we were talking near term.  He posted multiple studies which he claimed supported his stance, and each one actually concluded the opposite.  Your position that masks would serve to delay herd immunity is in support of my point.

For herd immunity, I was one of the earliest advocates here.  Even though I am now in the compromised category I continue to support the concept; the onus is on me to manage my exposure appropriately.

Basically there are two rational positions:  (1) wear masks and wait for it to go away and/or a viable vaccine/cure, or (2) don’t wear masks and ride out the consequences.  CDub’s position is a third one which is not supported by science.

Just now, jerryskids said:

No, we were talking near term.  He posted multiple studies which he claimed supported his stance, and each one actually concluded the opposite.  Your position that masks would serve to delay herd immunity is in support of my point.

For herd immunity, I was one of the earliest advocates here.  Even though I am now in the compromised category I continue to support the concept; the onus is on me to manage my exposure appropriately.

Basically there are two rational positions:  (1) wear masks and wait for it to go away and/or a viable vaccine/cure, or (2) don’t wear masks and ride out the consequences.  CDub’s position is a third one which is not supported by science.

Ron DeSantis is the best Gubnah in America, the way he has handled it. We need more of him

I’m really looking forward to the study showing that the use of social media spreads Chinavirus. Shutting that shiit down would be glorious. The new superspreader...social media. Get the word out. Wait...don’t get the word out. Maybe the nfl players can just put it on their helmets.

11 hours ago, Goggins said:

Cardboard.

Masks.

🤡

Fukin brainwash propaganda👎

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

You provided no studies and offered nothing to the conversation other than a cherry-picked CYA line that's in every scientific study

The best part is you said it yourself! Masks are somewhere between worthless and maybe a little helpful.

:lol: You totally got me! 

You provided no studies and offered nothing to the conversation other than a cherry-picked CYA line that's in every scientific study

The best part is you said it yourself! Masks are somewhere between worthless and maybe a little helpful.

:lol: You totally got me! 

My “cherry picked lines” were called the “conclusion” in your reports.  HTH

Just now, jerryskids said:

My “cherry picked lines” were called the “conclusion” in your reports.  HTH

Yup masks are worthless or a little helpful. Your words.

All the data we are seeing now is pointing to they are worthless to actually harmful.

• Thanks 1

Why is Trump tearing Fauci a new one?  Did he do something?  This is the type of stuff that Trump does that is not productive and makes independents dislike him.  Fauci is respected, has been doing this a hell of a lot longer than Trump has been President, and is an expert in his field. 

• Like 1

Just now, Strike said:

Why is Trump tearing Fauci a new one?  Did he do something?  This is the type of stuff that Trump does that is not productive and makes independents dislike him.  Fauci is respected, has been doing this a hell of a lot longer than Trump has been President, and is an expert in his field. 

Fauci has gone mad. 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump is doing it out of spite.  I think he hates the attention that Fauci is getting and can't stand that some people respect him more.  If not that, then he just thinks he's being funny and trying to rile up is base.

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

Links, examples?

Because Trump used a Fauci clip in a campaign ad, the clip was Fauci priasing Trumps response and his listening to his advisers.  It was from an interview with Mark Levin.  

The liberal hack enemy media got wind of it and put Fauci on the spot. Fauci lied and sold the President out. He too is a hack who has been wrong over and over. The liberal media would never point this out. They only praise him and ignore his previous contradictory statements.  

He's been a corrupt hack since day one... Trump knows this, Trump knows how to play the game.  

16 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Because Trump used a Fauci clip in a campaign ad, the clip was Fauci priasing Trumps response and his listening to his advisers.  It was from an interview with Mark Levin.  

The liberal hack enemy media got wind of it and put Fauci on the spot. Fauci lied and sold the President out. He too is a hack who has been wrong over and over. The liberal media would never point this out. They only praise him and ignore his previous contradictory statements.  

He's been a corrupt hack since day one... Trump knows this, Trump knows how to play the game.  

Still no reason to call him an idiot and a disaster.   It just looks bad and is exactly the type of thing Trump does that is infuriating to people who otherwise might be ok with him as President.  Just state WHY you object to things Fauci is doing or has done.  Personal attacks have no place in Politics.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

Such a stupid headline.  Fauci says “You may have to bite the bullet and sacrifice that social gathering, unless you’re pretty certain that the people that you’re dealing with are not infected,” and people take that as him canceling Thanksgiving.