Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

4 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

"anti-lockdown demonstrations unfold around"

Since when are these anti-lockdown demonstrations?

Barcelona?

I don't claim to be the smartest guy in world, so can someone help me out? 

What special things can be done, by these two in the executive branch, that will "control" the virus?  Thats her words, not mine. Wouldn't these secret "control" measures be leaked to Dem governors and mayors by now to protect blue states and cities?  On a humanitarian level, shouldn't they share these "control" measures with the American people to keep them safe from the virus?  

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What special things can be done, by these two in the executive branch, that will "control" the virus?  Thats her words, not mine. Wouldn't these secret "control" measures be leaked to Dem governors and mayors by now to protect blue states and cities?  On a humanitarian level, shouldn't they share these "control" measures with the American people to keep them safe from the virus?  

I’ve been saying for a while now that Slow Joe is a POS for not sharing his life saving COVID plans simply because he wasn’t POTUS. He clearly doesn’t actually care about the American people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

He will strongly suggest masks.  Some states won’t do it.  He’ll claim plausible deniability.  :dunno:

29 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

He will strongly suggest masks.  Some states won’t do it.  He’ll claim plausible deniability.  :dunno:

National contact tracing system would help. Another round of stimulus might too. At the margins though.

15 minutes ago, MDC said:

National contact tracing system would help. Another round of stimulus might too. At the margins though.

People don’t want to conform to state contact tracing, I don’t see why a national one would be better received.  Plus that can’t pop up overnight.  Stimulus depends on the Senate.  I’m seeing Biden commercials promising mask mandates, do people actually believe this stuff?

Anyway, IMO anything he does isn’t going to materially change the inevitable path of this virus.  :dunno:

ETA:  “depends on the Senate” means they would need to turn blue to approve Pelosi’s pork-laden bailout for Biden to sign.

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

No it wouldn't, no it wouldn't. Open up and stop fear mongering. 

17 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

People don’t want to conform to state contact tracing, 

I’ve stumbled across many RFPs for states and even counties buying contact tracing systems / services over the past year. Missouri and San Diego for sure. Seems like the sort of thing the feds should be doing. If the POTUS wasn’t a conspiracy theory moonbat. :dunno: 

You’re right that there’s likely not much Biden could do now. The Covid response was botched months ago.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’ve stumbled across many RFPs for states and even counties buying contact tracing systems / services over the past year. Missouri and San Diego for sure. Seems like the sort of thing the feds should be doing. If the POTUS wasn’t a conspiracy theory moonbat. :dunno: 

You’re right that there’s likely not much Biden could do now. The Covid response was botched months ago.

Who are these feds you speak of? We have a hundred thousand or more federal employees sitting around who should do this? Yeah, just get the feds to do it. I guess they will stop doing what ever else they do and do this. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lod001 said:

It all ends tomorrow.

After using COVID hysteria to fuel their junk mail in ballots for all campaign for the last 6 months the CDC now comes out on election eve and says that it is perfectly safe to vote in person if you have COVID.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/03/covid-coronavirus-updates/

:lol:

I despise them for using COVID hysteria to try and tank the economy, create division, and steal an election; but the backfire will be glorious. They only have themselves to blame.

3 hours ago, Goggins said:

After using COVID hysteria to fuel their junk mail in ballots for all campaign for the last 6 months the CDC now comes out on election eve and says that it is perfectly safe to vote in person if you have COVID.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/03/covid-coronavirus-updates/

:lol:

I despise them for using COVID hysteria to try and tank the economy, create division, and steal an election; but the backfire will be glorious. They only have themselves to blame.

When the truth comes out about the inaccurate counts of positives that have been used for political purposes I wonder what excuse all the sheep will make. 

7 hours ago, jerryskids said:

People don’t want to conform to state contact tracing, I don’t see why a national one would be better received.  

Anyway, IMO anything he does isn’t going to materially change the inevitable path of this virus.  :dunno:

Pretty much this.   I also cringe every time I hear “Trump is directly responsible for 200k+ deaths!”   As if Biden could have magically stopped it from coming into the US in the first place.  We probably could’ve done some more testing and better contract tracing in the beginning, but I don’t really think the death count would’ve been all that different.  Of course we’ll never know.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Pretty much this.   I also cringe every time I hear “Trump is directly responsible for 200k+ deaths!”   As if Biden could have magically stopped it from coming into the US in the first place.  We probably could’ve done some more testing and better contract tracing in the beginning, but I don’t really think the death count would’ve been all that different.  Of course we’ll never know.

Never reported is that Trump followed the CDC and Fauci 100% of the time. Fauci even backs that up. 

10 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Never reported is that Trump followed the CDC and Fauci 100% of the time. Fauci even backs that up. 

Fauci and the CDC recommend that presidents compare Covid to seasonal flu and call it a hoax. :thumbsup: 

Just now, TimmySmith said:

From what I’ve read one of our apparently biggest failures was how the initial batch of tests from the CDC were faulty, which put us behind.   People like to blame Trump for that because “it’s part of the federal government,” but that feels like blaming Jerry Jones if Amari Cooper drops a pass

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

Fauci and the CDC recommend that we don't wear masks 

Yeah, I think I remember that. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MDC said:

Fauci and the CDC recommend that presidents compare Covid to seasonal flu and call it a hoax. :thumbsup: 

Top disease official: Risk of coronavirus in USA is 'minuscule'; skip mask and wash hands

Jayne O'Donnell
USA TODAY

MotleyFool-TMOT-329debb5-coronavirus-out

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will be testing for the coronavirus in people in five major cities who show up at clinics with flu-like symptoms but who test negative for the seasonal varieties.

If that testing shows the virus has slipped into the country in places federal officials don't know about, "we've got a problem," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told USA TODAY's Editorial Board Monday.

Short of that, Fauci says skip the masks unless you are contagious, don't worry about catching anything from Chinese products and certainly don't avoid Chinese people or restaurants.  

"Whenever you have the threat of a transmissible infection, there are varying degrees from understandable to outlandish extrapolations of fear," Fauci said. 

Government agencies, including Fauci's own at the National Institutes of Health, are being inundated with calls and emails from nervous people, just as they were during the Ebola and SARS scares. 

To be fair, those articles are more referring to the prevalence of covid vs the flu at the time, not the severity

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Fauci was wrong in February so the POTUS shouldn’t have known better in October. :doh: 

You mean when Trump was describing his personal experience? :lol:

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

To be fair, those articles are more referring to the prevalence of covid vs the flu at the time, not the severity

Oh, so fairness matters to libtards now?

6 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You mean when Trump was describing his personal experience? :lol:

Getting airlifted to Walter Reed to get treated for the China Sniffles?

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

Fauci was wrong in February so the POTUS shouldn’t have known better in October. :doh: 

So now he's right? Science changed ?  Clown

Leftycucks: Trump didn't listen to Fauci in February 

Fauci in February: seasonal flu is a bigger danger than Covid

Leftycucks: well Trump compared flu to covid in Oct

Trump in October: after having covid, it felt to me much like the flu does.

🤣

3 minutes ago, drobeski said:

So now he's right? Science changed ?  Clown

You’ve been in full meltdown mode for weeks. I hope you have an emotional support animal in case things go sideways for Dirtbag Don tonight.

:( 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

You’ve been in full meltdown mode for weeks. I hope you have an emotional support animal in case things go sideways for Dirtbag Don tonight.

I'm not a liberal, I don't need those silly faggitiy things.  That's your team dumbo. 

One key takeaway IMO from that video is he does quote typical flu season deaths at 30-80k.

Looks like we were at about 190k deaths on 9/1 (roughly 6 months from the start of everything to compare to a flu season).  So even if you take out 30k motorcycle covid deaths, best case scenario and you’re looking at 2x deadlier than that of a bad flu season (that didn’t even happen in winter).   Worst case it is 5-10x deadlier.

So people calling it a “worse flu” now probably aren’t making a terrible comparison...”like the flu” is

1 minute ago, MDC said:

It's gonna be funny watching all of these clowns cry about Trump losing tonight.  Almost as funny as watching all the Trump haters act like babies 4 years ago.

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

I'm not a liberal, I don't need those silly faggitiy things.  That's your team dumbo. 

Libertarians? :unsure: 

Starting getting cold symptoms yesterday and feels like a basic cold today.  Scheduled a free COVID test for Thursday morning just to be cautious.  I was around family over the weekend and some of them are also showing different, mild symptoms.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

One key takeaway IMO from that video is he does quote typical flu season deaths at 30-80k.

Looks like we were at about 190k deaths on 9/1 (roughly 6 months from the start of everything to compare to a flu season).  So even if you take out 30k motorcycle covid deaths, best case scenario and you’re looking at 2x deadlier than that of a bad flu season (that didn’t even happen in winter).   Worst case it is 5-10x deadlier.

So people calling it a “worse flu” now probably aren’t making a terrible comparison...”like the flu” is

We have a vaccine for the flu.  We don't have one for Covid.  That's why it's important for people to be aware of the Covid and act accordingly, especially if they are in one of the at risk groups.  But, once we have a vaccine, it will be just like the flu.  So the comparison to the flu is apt.  We just don't have all the tools for fighting Covid that we have for the flu.

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Starting getting cold symptoms yesterday and feels like a basic cold today.  Scheduled a free COVID test for Thursday morning just to be cautious.  I was around family over the weekend and some of them are also showing different, mild symptoms.

Toilet and papers

10 hours ago, MDC said:

Ah yes, St. Joe could have killed the Covid had he been president months ago.  Double the testing and more masks, how has that worked in the rest of the world?

Hard to tell if this is your typical troll or if you really are this naive.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Ah yes, St. Joe could have killed the Covid had he been president months ago.  Double the testing and more masks, how has that worked in the rest of the world?

Hard to tell if this is your typical troll or if you really are this naive.  :dunno:

Biden wouldn’t have ended Covid. Any stable adult human would have encouraged people to comply with mask and distancing guidelines. 

Not Don tho.