Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Power...it's all about power.

Arrest for what? Even if it were national law, lawmakers would not be bound by it in the Capitol.   :dunno:

On 7/28/2021 at 10:47 AM, TimHauck said:

.And vaccines didn't cause the Delta variant which is apparently the worst one right now.

This is an interesting thought experiment; could a vaccine cause a worse variant?  Sorta like an antibiotic where you need to take the full dose or the bacteria that remains will be the strongest and hardiest? :dunno: 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

In NYC? Not really. Hush boy. 

You don't think Republicans work in NYC hospitals?  They probably pay well so I don't see why they wouldn't.

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You don't think Republicans work in NYC hospitals?  They probably pay well so I don't see why they wouldn't.

Most hospital employees are not doctors or nurses. In NYC the overwhelming majority of health care workers are POC.  Not MAGA country. 

shocker (not) Israel data suggesting "waning effectiveness" may have been incomplete:

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Most hospital employees are not doctors or nurses. In NYC the overwhelming majority of health care workers are POC.  Not MAGA country. 

Yes I did previously acknowledge that blacks do have a low vaccination rate.

But I'm sure there's still some Republicans working there.

Also, interesting you point out that most hospital employees are not doctors or nurses.   They are fare more likely to be vaccinated.   So it's a bit disingenous to say "1 of 3 health care workers is unvaccinated!" when it might be referring to the housekeeping staff.   https://www.kff.org/report-section/kff-washington-post-frontline-health-care-workers-survey-vaccine-intentions/

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Also, interesting you point out that most hospital employees are not doctors or nurses.   They are fare more likely to be vaccinated.   So it's a bit disingenous to say "1 of 3 health care workers is unvaccinated!" when it might be referring to the housekeeping staff.   https://www.kff.org/report-section/kff-washington-post-frontline-health-care-workers-survey-vaccine-intentions/

What does any of this have to do with republicans?

If people don't want to get the vaccine, who cares who they vote for? Their body their choice. 

Why is this going so far? Leave people alone. Jeez.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Yes, because the housekeeping staff is immune and known not to carry the virus. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes, because the housekeeping staff is immune and known not to carry the virus. 

Of course.  But making statements like “1/3 hospital workers are unvaccinated” seems to be implying that they’re smart because they work in a hosptital, when in reality the more educated those workers are, the more likely they are to have been vaccinated.

29 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Of course.  But making statements like “1/3 hospital workers are unvaccinated” seems to be implying that they’re smart because they work in a hosptital, when in reality the more educated those workers are, the more likely they are to have been vaccinated.

Thats not my implication at all. My implication is that it’s not a political thing, like the left has tried to brand it, blaming it on red states.  But when it became evident that POC are the lowest vaccinated group, crickets. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Thats not my implication at all. My implication is that it’s not a political thing, like the left has tried to brand it, blaming it on red states.  But when it became evident that POC are the lowest vaccinated group, crickets. 

I don’think it’s crickets that POC are the least vaccinated.  As mentioned previously, they seemed to be the primary target market of some of the door to door campaigns.   And of course any story about blacks not being vaccinated usually follows with a comment about the Tuskegee experiment.

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I don’think it’s crickets that POC are the least vaccinated.  As mentioned previously, they seemed to be the primary target market of some of the door to door campaigns.   And of course any story about blacks not being vaccinated usually follows with a comment about the Tuskegee experiment.

Yeah, because only the Tuskegee victims were the only ones experimented on by the government and the medical community. 

Here’s a study that Berenson seems to be claiming shows the Pfizer vaccine “doesn’t reduce deaths” (despite showing 90%+ efficacy against covid)- https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.28.21261159v1.full.pdf

Supplemental material - https://www.medrxiv.org/content/medrxiv/early/2021/07/28/2021.07.28.21261159/DC1/embed/media-1.pdf?download=true

Lol at drawing conclusions about 30 deaths among 45000 people over a 6 month period.    Although I guess this does prove that the vaccines aren’t killing a million people, so there’s that (vaccine deaths would have occurred within the first couple months, while it’s hard to evaluate overall mortality over just a 6 month period).

And even if you guys admit that there were ~500k covid deaths in the first year of the pandemic, that’s still “only” about 14-15% of total deaths (#3 leading COD in 2002 though).  15% of 15?  2.  So you wouldn’t see from a study this size if the vaccine is reducing “total” mortality.

31 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Here’s a study that Berenson seems to be claiming shows the Pfizer vaccine “doesn’t reduce deaths” (despite showing 90%+ efficacy against covid)- https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.28.21261159v1.full.pdf

Supplemental material - https://www.medrxiv.org/content/medrxiv/early/2021/07/28/2021.07.28.21261159/DC1/embed/media-1.pdf?download=true

Lol at drawing conclusions about 30 deaths among 45000 people over a 6 month period.    Although I guess this does prove that the vaccines aren’t killing a million people, so there’s that (vaccine deaths would have occurred within the first couple months, while it’s hard to evaluate overall mortality over just a 6 month period).

And even if you guys admit that there were ~500k covid deaths in the first year of the pandemic, that’s still “only” about 14-15% of total deaths (#3 leading COD in 2002 though).  15% of 15?  2.  So you wouldn’t see from a study this size if the vaccine is reducing “total” mortality.

Have you ever been outside? :unsure:

I don’think it’s crickets that POC are the least vaccinated.  

Yeah, it's the talk of the town that POC aren't getting vaccinated. Blacks must be watching Tucker. 

20 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Yeah, it's the talk of the town that POC aren't getting vaccinated. Blacks must be watching Tucker. 

Tim, once again, just says things. 

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

Have you ever been outside? :unsure:

Not much today, it was like 95.  Went for a swim yesterday though.

54 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

"crickets" and "talk of the town" are two vastly different things.    As I said, I know blacks aren't getting vaccinated.   They're just not bragging about it.

"crickets" and "talk of the town" are two vastly different things.    As I said, I know blacks aren't getting vaccinated.   They're just not bragging about it.

There's a difference in the big picture? And who is bragging? Some people just think it's wrong to forcefeed an experimental drug on the public.

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

There's a difference in the big picture? And who is bragging? Some people just think it's wrong to forcefeed an experimental drug on the public.

Why, when the USA has such an advanced healthcare system, is there next to no discussion on Covid treatments?  It's all masks and vaxxes.  I get it, prevention is an important element, but everyone is gonna get this at some point. The MSM, as far as I can see, is silent on actual treatment advancements. 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Why, when the USA has such an advanced healthcare system, is there next to no discussion on Covid treatments?  It's all masks and vaxxes.  I get it, prevention is an important element, but everyone is gonna get this at some point. The MSM, as far as I can see, is silent on actual treatment advancements. 

Fear = Power

On 7/28/2021 at 4:32 PM, TimmySmith said:

:lol:   Poor botcuck, his hero Fauci just basically called him a hack and a liar. 

Also to clarify even if the changes are because of Delta, it's not because "they were lying about how well the vaccines worked!" it's because Delta is proving to be more infectious, and more than likely more dangerous, which we didn't really know at the time the recommendations were changed previously.

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

which we didn't really know at the time 

This phrase, and similar ones, have been tossed around by all the "experts" at some time.  So why are the un-vaxxed vilified for taking this stance on unknown long term effects of the vaccine?  This is a general question, not aimed at you Tim.  We're supposed to "trust the science on the vax", but the "ever-changing science" learned about the virus is the basis for the ever changing guidance. 

22 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

This phrase, and similar ones, have been tossed around by all the "experts" at some time.  So why are the un-vaxxed vilified for taking this stance on unknown long term effects of the vaccine?  This is a general question, not aimed at you Tim.  We're supposed to "trust the science on the vax", but the "ever-changing science" learned about the virus is the basis for the ever changing guidance. 

Because historically there is little if any evidence of side effects appearing 6+ months after vaccination.   Yes, there have been bad vaccines, but we find out pretty soon after vaccinations begin - https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/concerns-history.html

I get being hesitant when they first rolled out, but the vaccines have been out for over 8 months now with billions of doses administered worldwide.   I think it's pretty safe to say they are safe, although yes there have been some side effects appearing more than they should have such as myocarditis in young men.

But honestly I think the bigger issue in people's personal risk/reward calculations is the "reward."   Many people continue to say it's "just the flu" (which at worst it basically is if you've been vaccinated), but in reality covid is much more dangerous than the flu for the unvaccinated.  Anyone over the age of 30 should probably be vaccinated even when only considering themselves:

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Because historically there is little if any evidence of side effects 

Define historically...

What You Need to Know

• mRNA vaccines are a new type of vaccine 

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Define historically...

What You Need to Know

Yeah you also left out this part from the link where I assume you got that from (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html)

They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.

• mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.
  • The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.

They do probably need to update this line though: without ever having to risk the serious consequences of getting sick with COVID-19.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah you also left out this part from the link where I assume you got that from (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html)

They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.

• mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.
  • The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.

They do probably need to update this line though: without ever having to risk the serious consequences of getting sick with COVID-19.

What part of "new" do you not understand?  I never said anything about manipulating DNA, that why I left it out.  Again, back to my original question...if this Delta variant is going askew from what all the experts thought, why the fuk do we "trust the science" of a NEW vaccine?  What historical data on mRNA vaccines do we have to base this on?

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

What part of "new" do you not understand?  I never said anything about manipulating DNA, that why I left it out.  Again, back to my original question...if this Delta variant is going askew from what all the experts thought, why the fuk do we "trust the science" of a NEW vaccine?  What historical data on mRNA vaccines do we have to base this on?

So you'll get the J&J vaccine then?

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So you'll get the J&J vaccine then?

No.  If you personally aren't high risk, I see no point in vaccines now that we know you readily spread it even when vaxxed. 

But of all the vaxes the J&J is probably what I would choose.  It never had great virus prevention, but it seems to do well on preventing hospitalizations. And at least there's some historical data on similar vaxes.

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Define historically...

What You Need to Know

What you REALLY need to know: 

59 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

No.  If you personally aren't high risk, I see no point in vaccines now that we know you readily spread it even when vaxxed. 

That was kinda my earlier point.  I think people are underestimating how many people are "high risk."  And of course the question is also "risk of what"?   Sure, risk of dying for those under 50 may not be much, but I know I wouldn't want to deal with something that was 6-10x worse than the flu.

Because historically there is little if any evidence of side effects appearing 6+ months after vaccination.   Yes, there have been bad vaccines, but we find out pretty soon after vaccinations begin - https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/concerns-history.html

I get being hesitant when they first rolled out, but the vaccines have been out for over 8 months now with billions of doses administered worldwide.   I think it's pretty safe to say they are safe, although yes there have been some side effects appearing more than they should have such as myocarditis in young men.

But honestly I think the bigger issue in people's personal risk/reward calculations is the "reward."   Many people continue to say it's "just the flu" (which at worst it basically is if you've been vaccinated), but in reality covid is much more dangerous than the flu for the unvaccinated.  Anyone over the age of 30 should probably be vaccinated even when only considering themselves:

More BS peddling.   IFR for Covid hits 1/1000 at age 45.  1/100 at age 65.  And these are people with SERIOUS comorbidities.  So, yes diabetic fatties should be getting the jab at 30.  Anyone else can do it if they want to.  

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

More BS peddling.   IFR for Covid hits 1/1000 at age 45.  1/100 at age 65.  And these are people with SERIOUS comorbidities.  So, yes diabetic fatties should be getting the jab at 30.  Anyone else can do it if they want to.  

Actually diabetic fatties should be popping Ivermectin. No one and I mean NO ONE should be taking this injectable garbage. its a complete failure.

Here is what is most likely going to happen because it's currently in the works. pfizer will 'magically' create a pill that will be the future treatment for covid. it will actually lessen the symptoms and get you back on your feet quickly. They have to get this out ASAP because the heat is on about their failed  jabs and the success of ivermectin. This will make the experimental jabs no longer allowed by law.

Even the NYT has either had enough of the BS or have actually woken up to the BS.  Hmm...sounds like some jab "DOESNT" WORK...like I told everyone.

Of the 'vaxxed', 15% dead and climbing. Get healthy or get dead cause if you are relying on the jab to save ya, you may find yourself in a coffin.