Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well Tim, the population of NY is about 20 million. About 12 million people have been vaccinated. That leaves 8 million. Taking out under 16 year olds which should  account for 2 million people, that leaves 6 million. Anyplace down south with 6 million unvaccinated people? 

%!   :mad:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well Tim, the population of NY is about 20 million. About 12 million people have been vaccinated. That leaves 8 million. Taking out under 16 year olds which should  account for 2 million people, that leaves 6 million. Anyplace down south with 6 million unvaccinated people? 

Texas and Florida

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Texas and Florida

Now let’s do California and Illinois.  55 and 50 pct vaccination, total population 50 million. Solid as they come blue states. Want to keep going? 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Now let’s do California and Illinois.  55 and 50 pct vaccination, total population 50 million. Solid as they come blue states. Want to keep going? 

It's about total numbers until it's not about total numbers😡😡😡

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You should break it down even further and do it by counties.  I mean if you’re not trying to be intellectually dishonest here…

26 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

You should break it down even further and do it by counties.  I mean if you’re not trying to be intellectually dishonest here…

I’m not the one who went all red state/blue state about this. But fine. Bronx county 1.5 million people. 51 pct with one at least one dose. Your turn. Also, I think we should stop counting the people with one dose seeing as we now need 3. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m not the one who went all red state/blue state about this. 

Yes you are.  You responded with the below to a post where I wasn’t talking about states...

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So Tim, when you have been pointing out the different vaccination rates between red amd blue states, what’s your goal? You would like to see more people get it? 

I was talking red and blue, but not by state until you brought it up.  Forget skin color, do you truly think there are more people unvaccinated that voted for Biden in 2020 than that other guy?

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Yes you are.  You responded with the below to a post where I wasn’t talking about states...

I was talking red and blue, but not by state until you brought it up.  Forget skin color, do you truly think there are more people unvaccinated that voted for Biden in 2020 than that other guy?

You were the one that originally started up with the red state/ Trump voters garbage. Puliling a post out of context like that is very dishonest. And punky. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

You were the one that originally started up with the red state/ Trump voters garbage. Puliling a post out of context like that is very dishonest. And punky. 

Yes I was talking Trump voters, but I wasn’t talking states.  

Curious about your answer to the question in my previous post...

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I think that the many millions of people that didn’t vote at all have a low vaccination rate,  amongst  other factors much more telling and relevant  than what state voted for who. But you just want to point fingers at people you don’t like, that’s quite obvious. You haven’t really, if it all, pointed out other indicators the non vaccinated have in common. Then you wouldn’t get to feel good calling Trump voters the problem and stupid. 

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think that the many millions of people that didn’t vote at all have a low vaccination rate. Amongst other factors much more telling and relevant  than what state voted for who. But you just want to point fingers at people you don’t like, that’s quite obvious. You haven’t really, if it all, pointed out other indicators the non vaccinated have in common. Then you wouldn’t get to feel good calling Trump voters the problem and stupid. 

So you think there are more unvaccinated adults that didn’t vote at all than those that voted for one of Biden or Trump?

We’ve discussed the rural aspect, but I disagree with that since when you look at some of the harder hit areas (in relation to population size), quite a few are rural.  Plus there are many rural areas in the Northeast with very high vax rates.

I know earlier you mentioned economics.  That’s kind of a BS excuse for the most part IMO since the shots are free and easily accessible at your local grocery store or pharmacy, and there were even free Uber rides offered as well as other programs to bring the vaccines to where the people were.   Employers could have done a little more in regards to stuff like PTO for people to get and recover from the shots, but I think more places did start doing that.  But the main area where it may play a role is because the poor tended to live in more crowded conditions and work low-wage, people-facing jobs so were more likely to have been already infected which could have played a role in choosing not to get vaccinated.

But if anything, there’s a correlation between income and education level which is more of an impact because the less educated are probably more likely to be swayed by misinformation. (Edit: And yes I saw the survey claiming PhD’s were the most vaccine hesitant by education level, but 76% of them were still not hesitant).

42 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m not the one who went all red state/blue state about this. But fine. Bronx county 1.5 million people. 51 pct with one at least one dose. Your turn. Also, I think we should stop counting the people with one dose seeing as we now need 3. 

Not that it really matters much, but if you’re going to round up, 55% with one dose and 47.5 fully vaccinated, according to the vaccine tracker site I used. Congrats, you found a county with a bunch of  unvaccinated folks, in NY. Meanwhile, Marin county in CA has a vaccination rate of 80% with one dose and 74% fully vaccinated. 

I think we all can agree that not all vaccine holdouts are Trumps supporters. We have large Latino population here in LA that are vaccine hesitant as well. But it is more likely that if you’re unvaccinated you are a Trump supporter.

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So you think there are more unvaccinated adults that didn’t vote at all than those that voted for one of Biden or Trump?

We’ve discussed the rural aspect, but I disagree with that since when you look at some of the harder hit areas (in relation to population size), quite a few are rural.  Plus there are many rural areas in the Northeast with very high vax rates.

I know earlier you mentioned economics.  That’s kind of a BS excuse for the most part IMO since the shots are free and easily accessible at your local grocery store or pharmacy, and there were even free Uber rides offered as well as other programs to bring the vaccines to where the people were.   Employers could have done a little more in regards to stuff like PTO for people to get and recover from the shots, but I think more places did start doing that.  But the main area where it may play a role is because the poor tended to live in more crowded conditions and work low-wage, people-facing jobs so were more likely to have been already infected which could have played a role in choosing not to get vaccinated.

But if anything, there’s a correlation between income and education level which is more of an impact because the less educated are probably more likely to be swayed by misinformation.

Voting is free. The poor don’t do much of that. Free has nothing to do with it. 

4 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Not that it really matters much, but if you’re going to round up, 55% with one dose and 47.5 fully vaccinated, according to the vaccine tracker site I used. Congrats, you found a county with a bunch of  unvaccinated folks, in NY. Meanwhile, Marin county in CA has a vaccination rate of 80% with one dose and 74% fully vaccinated. 

I think we all can agree that not all vaccine holdouts are Trumps supporters. We have large Latino population here in LA that are vaccine hesitant as well. But it is more likely that if you’re unvaccinated you are a Trump supporter.

Now prove that voting for Trump has anything to do with their views on the vaccine. He’s the one that brought it to the public and said everyone should do it. So if voting for Trump is the main factor like you guys are selling, what does Trump have to do with it? Logic would dictate there are other reasons. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Now prove that voting for Trump has anything to do with their views on the vaccine. He’s the one that brought it to the public and said everyone should do it. So if voting for Trump is the main factor like you guys are selling, what does Trump have to do with it? Logic would dictate there are other reasons. 

Take a sample from right here on the board. There are only like, what, 4 or 5 (maybe less) Biden voters-all vaccinated. And the folks here that aren’t-every single one of them Trump supporters.

Just now, OldMaid said:

Take a sample from right here on the board. There are only like, what, 4 or 5 (maybe less) Biden voters-all vaccinated. And the folks here that aren’t-every single one of them Trump supporters.

You forgot us Taliban supporters!

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not Trump per se, it’s voting Republican.  He just happened to be the last Republican Presidential candidate.   

But you’re right, Trump has encouraged people to take the vaccine so it doesn’t really make sense that people that voted for him would refuse the vaccine at such a high rate.  But it’s happening.  Based on the same survey saying PhD’s had the highest vaccine hesitancy among education levels, Trump voters had the highest of pretty much any grouping except for maybe Native Americans if I remember correctly.

17 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

I don’t busy myself with what decisions people make concerning their health. This is a brand new vaccine. Why is it so insane for anyone  to question it, especially considering our government lies to us, by commission or omission, all the time? And if they’re not lying, they just flat out get it wrong. You guys want to paint them as lunatics and conspiracy theorists, because you say that about them about everything, except when you are calling them racist. Ever consider for once they may have a point? I do, and I’m vaccinated. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t busy myself with what decisions people make concerning their health. This is a brand new vaccine. Why is it so insane for anyone  to question it, especially considering our government lies to us, by commission or omission, all the time? And if they’re not lying, they just flat out get it wrong. You guys want to paint them as lunatics and conspiracy theorists, because you say that about them about everything, except when you are calling them racist. Ever consider for once they may have a point? I do, and I’m vaccinated. 

That’s the farthest I’ve ever seen anyone on this board throw the gun. Congrats! You get a 🍪 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not brand new anymore, it’s been being given to the public for about 8 months and given to literally billions of people.

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It’s not brand new anymore, it’s been being given to the public for about 8 months and given to literally billions of people.

Would you want your pregnant birthing person to take it? 

49 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It’s not Trump per se, it’s voting Republican.  He just happened to be the last Republican Presidential candidate.   

Holy straw grasping Batman!  Like I asked the other day, what core values of the GOP lead them not want the Covid vax?

33 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Why do you think other vaxes have greater than a 1 year testing period before full approval?

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

:banana:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

:banana:

She’s a complete disaster. God help us. The best thing this country could do right now is replace Biden with another Democrat,  a sane one if you can find one, and replace Harris with a Republican. Just have a stalemate for now. Doing as little as possible would be our best bet. 

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Would you want your pregnant birthing person to take it? 

I'd let her make her own decision but if she asked me I'd suggest at least one dose.

9 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Holy straw grasping Batman!  Like I asked the other day, what core values of the GOP lead them not want the Covid vax?

"Individualism" maybe?   As I said in relation to Trump, it doesn't make too much sense that so many of his supporters are not getting vaccinated considering he recommended they do.    At least that shows they don't blindly follow their leader I guess.    But whatever the reason, it's undeniable that those that voted for Trump in 2020 are among the least likely to be vaccinated (edit: and yes as discussed some minorities are in the same range, but there are less of them and they're also more likely to have already been infected and thus already have some immunity)

9 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Why do you think other vaxes have greater than a 1 year testing period before full approval?

Well if you're talking trials this one has been out for about 15 months now.

In my experience, the majority of liberal people I know have gotten the vaccine and want everyone to get it.  The majority of conservative people I know have not gotten it and most likely will not get it until they gain most trust in it.  It's just how the two sides process things and it's what has always separated them.  There are obviously exceptions but we're talking about the bulk of people.

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Why do you think other vaccines have a trial period that they do before full approval?  Simple question for the 2nd time.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Why do you think other vaccines have a trial period of over 1 year before full approval?  Simple question for the 2nd time.

Because most trials do their steps sequentially.  Due to the emergency nature of this one, some of the steps were done simultaneously.  But no steps were skipped.

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I'd let her make her own decision but if she asked me I'd suggest at least one dose.

"Individualism" maybe?   As I said in relation to Trump, it doesn't make too much sense that so many of his supporters are not getting vaccinated considering he recommended they do.    At least that shows they don't blindly follow their leader I guess.    But whatever the reason, it's undeniable that those that voted for Trump in 2020 are among the least likely to be vaccinated (edit: and yes as discussed some minorities are in the same range, but there are less of them and they're also more likely to have already been infected and thus already have some immunity)

Why only one dose? They CDC said it’s completely safe, and for it to be most effective you now need 3. Why are you all of a sudden shunning their advice? 

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Because most trials do their steps sequentially.  Due to the emergency nature of this one, some of the steps were done simultaneously.  But no steps were skipped.

Emergency is not a word that gives me confidence in something like a vaccine.  While I think it was necessary to get it out to the right people quickly I still don't think young, healthy people should be as willing to rush and get it.

23 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

How long have the trials been on previous mRNA vaccines?

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Either you are a doctor or a complete nut. There is nothing in between with that answer. 

People going nuts at the gym, wiping down machines like never before. Anyone tell them Covid isn’t transmitted via surfaces? It’s really old news at this point. 

FYI, he's being facetious.

4.5 times as many humanoids in India than in the USA. They are distributing Ivermectin in almost every province. Less than 9% jabbed. 5x the cases in the USA and 2x the deaths.

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

MSNBC solving the black vax hesitancy. 

Nothing makes a white dude look even more white than making him read Notorious BIG lyrics as a way to try and make a point about Covid.