Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

My company just sent an email requiring employees to provide proof of vaccination or they can’t come into the office or go to client meetings. If you refuse to provide a vaccination card they consider you unvaccinated and you’re barred.

Good for them. :thumbsup: 

Of course if you provide proof of prior infection or antibodies, you're exempted, right?

Hopefully the next step for employees who can’t meet with clients or their teams in office is termination. Companies should start hiring only vaccinated staff going forward. That way we can quarantine these unemployed germ vectors in their mom’s basement. :thumbsup: 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Good you got vaxxed, those toilets aren't going to clean themselves. :thumbsup:

Hey, this mandate is likely his only hope of getting promoted.

• Haha 3

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/verify/immigration/no-vaccine-mandate-immigration-detention-facilities-migrant-undocumented-workers-do-not-compel-vaccination/536-d1f56fcf-230c-4183-83e5-cc86c621fe95?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&tag1=kxtvshare&fbclid=IwAR0N76b9AG3Cr8C9PGy0uHChlIzRnfdaVO55TPNneepcK2ua-RXnlupWqJ4

No, the federal government does not require migrants to get vaccinated in immigration detention facilities. ICE says it “cannot force individuals in detention to be vaccinated” but does encourage vaccinations.

36 minutes ago, MDC said:

My company just sent an email requiring employees to provide proof of vaccination or they can’t come into the office or go to client meetings. If you refuse to provide a vaccination card they consider you unvaccinated and you’re barred.

Good for them. :thumbsup: 

I lost my vaccination card. :unsure:

I lose lots of things, but this was surprising even to me. Another problem is i was vaccinated in some podunk Texas town over a hundred miles away from Houston.

I am debating about just getting vaccinated again as that might be the easiest approach to deal with this, but i am waiting on what my company decides to do first. They still have not yet made it mandatory.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

I lose lots of things, but this was surprising even to me. Another problem is i was vaccinated in some podunk Texas town over a hundred miles away from Houston.

I am debating about just getting vaccinated again as that might be the easiest approach to deal with this, but i am waiting on what my company decides to do first. They still have not yet made it mandatory.

What podunk Texor town? 

I took photos of my card, which I proceeded to lose. But I just went down to the health department and got another one.

11 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

What podunk Texor town? 

I took photos of my card, which I proceeded to lose. But I just went down to the health department and got another one.

Bay city, Texas.

It was easier to get an appointment in a small town versus Houston area. At the time almost all of my coworkers and friends drove quite a distance to be vaccinated.

55 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Bay city, Texas.

It was easier to get an appointment in a small town versus Houston area. At the time almost all of my coworkers and friends drove quite a distance to be vaccinated.

That's crazy. We just scheduled a time to drive over to the convention center. I got the first jab while sitting in my truck.  My sons got theirs at the grocery-store pharmacy. 

47 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So, these parents took their immunocomprimised child to a place where no one was wearing masks?  In the middle of a pandemic?  The state should probably look into child endangerment. 

You should look into reading past the first paragraph before you throw out an opinion and embarrass yourself. 

Had you managed to grind your way to the third paragraph without suffering an aneurysm, you would have read this:

"We are new parents and in the middle of a pandemic, we don't really get out a whole lot," Wester told CNN. "But that Friday night, my mom happened to be available to watch our son. ... Living in a pandemic, being isolated and away from others is a big deal for our mental and social health."

:first:

13 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

You should look into reading past the first paragraph before you throw out an opinion and embarrass yourself. 

Had you managed to grind your way to the third paragraph without suffering an aneurysm, you would have read this:

:first:

So they wore masks out in public to protect themselves?  Dumber than I thought.  She literally says it should be "a science issue".  LMAO...2 vaccinated people wearing masks to protect THEMSELVES.  Muh science!

So two parents worried about potential second hand exposure to their infant who is immunocompromised went to a restaurant that is currently allowing full capacity and no masks. 

😐

IDGAF if grandma is available that one night to watch the kids. There is plenty to do for a "date night" and minimize your exposure if that's what you're truly worried about, IMO. 

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

Definitely get vaxxed again.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Hopefully the next step for employees who can’t meet with clients or their teams in office is termination. Companies should start hiring only vaccinated staff going forward. That way we can quarantine these unemployed germ vectors in their mom’s basement. :thumbsup: 

This idiot still hasn't figured out that the jab juice wears off between 4-6 months. 🤣

That's down from 1 shot is all you need TO 2 shots is all you need TO you will only need a booster in the fall TO it only lasts about 8 months TO now it appears to wear off between 4 & 6 months.  This loser ate up all that BS. 

20 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So they wore masks out in public to protect themselves?  Dumber than I thought.  She literally says it should be "a science issue".  LMAO...2 vaccinated people wearing masks to protect THEMSELVES.  Muh science!

Your first response underscores everything wrong with the blind, deluded and ignorant far righties. Instead of thoroughly reading something and using intelligence to develop an informed opinion,  you either provide a knee-jerk response without actually reading something, dismiss the source or dig in and stick to your paradigm regardless of how ridiculous that is.

Aside from masks providing and extra protection layer in addition to a vaccine that isn't 100 percent effective, it's hypocritical to whine about lost freedoms and then be a doosh to people who exercise their freedom to wear a mask. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Aside from masks providing and extra protection layer 

Really, flipper Fauci?  When did the narrative change from "masks protect others" to "protect the wearer"?  And breakthrough cases are statistically insignificant right? I mean, that's why we are all vaxxing right? I mean, Joe told me over the summer that if you get vaxxed, you WONT GET COVID!  If you're that afraid of an exceeding small chance of a breakthrough case, stay home. I mean, we're they gonna eat with masks on?  Sounds like the parents are just being the fun police. Maybe everyone in there was just feeling the spirit.  Ever think of that?  Muh science!

• Like 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wuhan-scientists-planned-release-skin-145326380.html

Wuhan scientists were planning to release enhanced airborne coronaviruses into Chinese bat populations to inoculate them against diseases that could jump to humans, leaked grant proposals dating from 2018 show.

New documents show that just 18 months before the first Covid-19 cases appeared, researchers had submitted plans to release skin-penetrating nanoparticles containing “novel chimeric spike proteins” of bat coronaviruses into cave bats in Yunnan, China.

They also planned to create chimeric viruses, genetically enhanced to infect humans more easily, and requested $14million from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa) to fund the work.

Papers, confirmed as genuine by a former member of the Trump administration, show they were hoping to introduce “human-specific cleavage sites” to bat coronaviruses which would make it easier for the virus to enter human cells.

When Covid-19 was first genetically sequenced, scientists were puzzled about how the virus had evolved such a human-specific adaptation at the cleavage site on the spike protein, which is the reason it is so infectious.

The documents were released by Drastic, the web-based investigations team set up by scientists from across the world to look into the origins of Covid-19.

In a statement, Drastic said: “Given that we find in this proposal a discussion of the planned introduction of human-specific cleavage sites, a review by the wider scientific community of the plausibility of artificial insertion is warranted.”

The proposal also included plans to mix high-risk natural coronavirus strains with more infectious but less dangerous varieties.

The bid was submitted by British zoologist Peter Daszak of EcoHealth Alliance, the US-based organisation, which has worked closely with the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) researching bat coronaviruses.

Team members included Dr Shi Zhengli, the WIV researcher dubbed “bat woman”, pictured below, as well as US researchers from the University of North Carolina and the United States Geological Survey National Wildlife Health Centre.

Darpa refused to fund the work, saying: “It is clear that the proposed project led by Peter Daszak could have put local communities at risk”, and warned that the team had not properly considered the dangers of enhancing the virus (gain of function research) or releasing a vaccine by air.

Grant documents show that the team also had some concerns about the vaccine programme and said they would “conduct educational outreach … so that there is a public understanding of what we are doing and why we are doing it, particularly because of the practice of bat-consumption in the region”.

Angus Dalgleish, Professor of Oncology at St Georges, University of London, who struggled to get work published showing that the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) had been carrying out “gain of function” work for years before the pandemic, said the research may have gone ahead even without the funding.

“This is clearly a gain of function, engineering the cleavage site and polishing the new viruses to enhance human cell infectibility in more than one cell line,” he said.

Daszak was also behind a letter published in The Lancet last year which effectively shut down scientific debate into the origins of Covid-19.

Viscount Ridley, who has co-authored a book on the origin of Covid-19, due for release in November, and who has frequently called for a further investigation into what caused the pandemic in the House of Lords, said: “For more than a year I tried repeatedly to ask questions of Peter Daszak with no response.

“Now it turns out he had authored this vital piece of information about virus work in Wuhan but refused to share it with the world. I am furious. So should the world be.

“Peter Daszak and the EcoHealth Alliance (EHA) proposed injecting deadly chimeric bat coronaviruses collected by the Wuhan Institute of Virology into humanised and ‘batified’ mice, and much, much more.”

A Covid-19 researcher from the World Health Organisation (WHO), who wished to remain anonymous, said it was alarming that the grant proposal included plans to enhance the more deadly disease of Middle-East Respiratory Syndrome (Mers).

“The scary part is they were making infectious chimeric Mers viruses,” the source said.

“These viruses have a fatality rate over 30 per cent, which is at least an order of magnitude more deadly than Sars-CoV-2.

“If one of their receptor replacements made Mers spread similarly, while maintaining its lethality, this pandemic would be nearly apocalyptic.”

EcoHealth Alliance and the Wuhan Institute of Virology have been aproached for comment.

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Really, flipper Fauci?  When did the narrative change from "masks protect others" to "protect the wearer"?  And breakthrough cases are statistically insignificant right? I mean, that's why we are all vaxxing right? I mean, Joe told me over the summer that if you get vaxxed, you WONT GET COVID!  If you're that afraid of an exceeding small chance of a breakthrough case, stay home. I mean, we're they gonna eat with masks on?  Sounds like the parents are just being the fun police. Maybe everyone in there was just feeling the spirit.  Ever think of that?  Muh science!

"Aside from masks ... " Then you charge right into your far-right whackjob rhetoric. You saw the word "masks" and blindly dove right in. Lol. 😂

3 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

"Aside from masks ... " Then you charge right into your far-right whackjob rhetoric. You saw the word "masks" and blindly dove right in. Lol. 😂

The far left whack job rhetoric has taken over your life. :lol: And there is no cure for your TDS. :cry:

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

The far left whack job rhetoric has taken over your life. :lol: And there is no cure for your TDS. :cry:

but but but rustor wants Mitt Romney! A real leader of republicans.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

but but but rustor wants Mitt Romney! A real leader of republicans.

When have I ever mentioned Mitt Romney ever? :unsure:

Just now, IndyColtsFan said:

You're the only thing in my wet dreams, sugar puff. 😍

You focking tease. I'm sitting right here and you're going to go flirt with this homeless dude right in front of me?

You deserve the loser republicans. 

26 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Tell me where I'm wrong. Feel the spirit!  Go maskless!

37 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wuhan-scientists-planned-release-skin-145326380.html

Wuhan scientists were planning to release enhanced airborne coronaviruses into Chinese bat populations to inoculate them against diseases that could jump to humans, leaked grant proposals dating from 2018 show.

New documents show that just 18 months before the first Covid-19 cases appeared, researchers had submitted plans to release skin-penetrating nanoparticles containing “novel chimeric spike proteins” of bat coronaviruses into cave bats in Yunnan, China.

They also planned to create chimeric viruses, genetically enhanced to infect humans more easily, and requested $14million from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa) to fund the work.

Papers, confirmed as genuine by a former member of the Trump administration, show they were hoping to introduce “human-specific cleavage sites” to bat coronaviruses which would make it easier for the virus to enter human cells.

When Covid-19 was first genetically sequenced, scientists were puzzled about how the virus had evolved such a human-specific adaptation at the cleavage site on the spike protein, which is the reason it is so infectious.

The documents were released by Drastic, the web-based investigations team set up by scientists from across the world to look into the origins of Covid-19.

In a statement, Drastic said: “Given that we find in this proposal a discussion of the planned introduction of human-specific cleavage sites, a review by the wider scientific community of the plausibility of artificial insertion is warranted.”

The proposal also included plans to mix high-risk natural coronavirus strains with more infectious but less dangerous varieties.

The bid was submitted by British zoologist Peter Daszak of EcoHealth Alliance, the US-based organisation, which has worked closely with the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) researching bat coronaviruses.

Team members included Dr Shi Zhengli, the WIV researcher dubbed “bat woman”, pictured below, as well as US researchers from the University of North Carolina and the United States Geological Survey National Wildlife Health Centre.

Darpa refused to fund the work, saying: “It is clear that the proposed project led by Peter Daszak could have put local communities at risk”, and warned that the team had not properly considered the dangers of enhancing the virus (gain of function research) or releasing a vaccine by air.

Grant documents show that the team also had some concerns about the vaccine programme and said they would “conduct educational outreach … so that there is a public understanding of what we are doing and why we are doing it, particularly because of the practice of bat-consumption in the region”.

Angus Dalgleish, Professor of Oncology at St Georges, University of London, who struggled to get work published showing that the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) had been carrying out “gain of function” work for years before the pandemic, said the research may have gone ahead even without the funding.

“This is clearly a gain of function, engineering the cleavage site and polishing the new viruses to enhance human cell infectibility in more than one cell line,” he said.

Daszak was also behind a letter published in The Lancet last year which effectively shut down scientific debate into the origins of Covid-19.

Viscount Ridley, who has co-authored a book on the origin of Covid-19, due for release in November, and who has frequently called for a further investigation into what caused the pandemic in the House of Lords, said: “For more than a year I tried repeatedly to ask questions of Peter Daszak with no response.

“Now it turns out he had authored this vital piece of information about virus work in Wuhan but refused to share it with the world. I am furious. So should the world be.

“Peter Daszak and the EcoHealth Alliance (EHA) proposed injecting deadly chimeric bat coronaviruses collected by the Wuhan Institute of Virology into humanised and ‘batified’ mice, and much, much more.”

A Covid-19 researcher from the World Health Organisation (WHO), who wished to remain anonymous, said it was alarming that the grant proposal included plans to enhance the more deadly disease of Middle-East Respiratory Syndrome (Mers).

“The scary part is they were making infectious chimeric Mers viruses,” the source said.

“These viruses have a fatality rate over 30 per cent, which is at least an order of magnitude more deadly than Sars-CoV-2.

“If one of their receptor replacements made Mers spread similarly, while maintaining its lethality, this pandemic would be nearly apocalyptic.”

EcoHealth Alliance and the Wuhan Institute of Virology have been aproached for comment.

to one of my earlier points, I’m like 99% sure this tweet is about Daszak, and yet 99% of the comments think it’s about Fauci.  Although just learned that Daszak was British...although he is a US citizen.

10 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

to one of my earlier points, I’m like 99% sure this tweet is about Daszak, and yet 99% of the comments think it’s about Fauci.  Although just learned that Daszak was British...although he is a US citizen.

Doesn't matter what that twitter post means.  I just posted the article that completely implicates that guy.  One could almost think he wants a mass death of the population.

16 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Doesn't matter what that twitter post means.  I just posted the article that completely implicates that guy.  One could almost think he wants a mass death of the population.

I agree, I said earlier if people want a villain that’s not from China, it’s him.  But most people are obsessed with Fauci instead.

40 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Daszak makes the most sense.  Also, I see that perhaps you are following Eric Weinstein now, good for you. If my mention of him led to your seeking him out, glad I could help.  :cheers: 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Daszak makes the most sense.  Also, I see that perhaps you are following Eric Weinstein now, good for you. If my mention of him led to your seeking him out, glad I could help.  :cheers: 

I honestly just joined Twitter like 2 weeks ago.  I don’t remember if I follow him or someone I follow liked it.

53 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Probably not. He takes Ivermectin prophylactically.

I follow some people on there that I don’t agree with on everything

16 hours ago, Gladiators said:

Hey, this mandate is likely his only hope of getting promoted.

Thats good stuff

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Probably not. He takes Ivermectin prophylactically.

Also I think you're thinking of Bret, not Eric

20 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah, I get an F in speed reading stuff in here sometimes. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

57 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Yeah, I get an F in speed reading stuff in here sometimes. 

Me too.  🤪

Although I also like Eric.