Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

That doctor is Harvard educated, do you not like science?  Or do you know more about medicine than he does? :dunno: 

“Medicine,” no.  Covid vaccines, maybe considering he thinks they are “nothing special” - https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/floridas-new-surgeon-general-backs-desantis-on-vaccines-covid-policies/2556256/

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

“Medicine,” no.  Covid vaccines, maybe considering he thinks they are “nothing special” - https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/floridas-new-surgeon-general-backs-desantis-on-vaccines-covid-policies/2556256/

Interesting, as I agree with 100% everything in that article.  You used to say you agreed with his points as well.  Regarding the “nothing special” comment:

Vaccines are up to the person. There's nothing special about them compared to any other preventive measure,” he said. “The state should be promoting good health, and vaccination isn't the only path to that. It's been treated almost like a religion. It's just senseless. There's lots of good pathways to health.”

He said in addition to vaccines, people should be encouraged to lose weight, exercise more and eat healthier.

If you read that in the context of the entire article, you realize that what he is saying (admittedly not very well) is captured by the bolded.  He, like me (and at one time you) have questioned the feds and the Covid fatalists dismissing other important parts of the health/survival puzzle so that they can 100% worship their holy communion of vaccination.

Thanks for posting that, we need more of that guy.  A lot more.  :thumbsup: 

5 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

How many vaxxed people  will get the booster shot?  And at what point do the vaxxed who don't become evil too?

Good point.  I guess Biden will need to "talk tough" against vaccinated folks that decide against the booster.

One J&J shot was enough for me. Now that  I have the "magic vaccination card that wards off evil while walking to the table in restaurants" I should good to go, right? 

13 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Explain what?  

:lol: The chart shows obviously flawed numbers. Doesn't surprise me you didn't catch it. Or are ignoring it.

9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Interesting, as I agree with 100% everything in that article.  You used to say you agreed with his points as well.  Regarding the “nothing special” comment:

If you read that in the context of the entire article, you realize that what he is saying (admittedly not very well) is captured by the bolded.  He, like me (and at one time you) have questioned the feds and the Covid fatalists dismissing other important parts of the health/survival puzzle so that they can 100% worship their holy communion of vaccination.

I do agree those things should be emphasized IN ADDITION to the vaccine, not to mention some of my comments about them were made prior to the vaccine being available.  But right now, the best single thing one can do to prevent serious outcomes from covid is to get vaccinated. The fact that Ladapo is minimizing the vaccine (and even using anecdotes about “stories” to do so) is dangerous coming from a state Surgeon General.

16 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol: The chart shows obviously flawed numbers. Doesn't surprise me you didn't catch it. Or are ignoring it.

Flawed how?  I guess I didn’t catch it, please explain to us.

9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I will say here is an example of the liberal media trying to shame the guy for other reasons (I’m all for shaming him for his vaccine opinions though).  Apparently he was asked to leave some Senator’s office because she was just diagnosed with cancer and she asked him to wear a mask and he refused.   But most seemed to gloss over the fact that he offered to go outside but she refused that.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/467227-surgeon-general-asked-to-leave-tina-polskys-office-after-refusing-to-wear-mask/

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I do agree those things should be emphasized IN ADDITION to the vaccine, not to mention some of my comments about them were made prior to the vaccine being available.  But right now, the best single thing one can do to prevent serious outcomes from covid is to get vaccinated. The fact that Ladapo is minimizing the vaccine (and even using anecdotes about “stories” to do so) is dangerous coming from a state Surgeon General.

Well, he did say IN ADDITION, that’s why I bolded it.  

How many more people who have not been vaccinated were going to change their mind because the new SG said “you should get the vaccine and do no therapeutics or prophylactics ever$#@!”  :dunno: 

47 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well, he did say IN ADDITION, that’s why I bolded it.  

How many more people who have not been vaccinated were going to change their mind because the new SG said “you should get the vaccine and do no therapeutics or prophylactics ever$#@!”  :dunno: 

Yeah he said that after saying the vaccines were “nothing special.”

Do you think he’ll convince anyone to eat healthier based on that speech?

I’m not anti-vaccine. I just think Covid is a sham, the vaccine doesn’t work and encouraging people to get vaccinated is Naziism.

The Geek Club. :thumbsup: 

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m not anti-vaccine. I just think Covid is a sham, the vaccine doesn’t work and encouraging people to get vaccinated is Naziism.

The Geek Club. :thumbsup: 

The Government is not encouraging vaccines, which is perfectly acceptable, they are mandating them. You know that, what is your problem?

27 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The Government is not encouraging vaccines, which is perfectly acceptable, they are mandating them. You know that, what is your problem?

That just happened like a month ago.  This thread is basically 388 pages of the GC denying covid is serious and then saying that the vaccine doesn’t work.

33 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

That just happened like a month ago.  This thread is basically 388 pages of the GC denying covid is serious and then saying that the vaccine doesn’t work.

100 pages of TimHauck.

• Haha 2

Most of those same posters were crediting Trump for creating the vaccine won’t take for the disease they don’t believe in. 

:wacko: 

39 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

That's malpractice.  

Nah it's totally fine. The nurse is probably a liberal and they can do anything they want based on feelings.

On 10/23/2021 at 7:30 PM, NorthernVike said:

How many vaxxed people  will get the booster shot?  And at what point do the vaxxed who don't become evil too?

This is a great post.  

Tim have you had your booster yet?

27 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

This is a great post.  

Tim have you had your booster yet?

No, but I’ve brought this up before.  I’ve said I don’t plan to get one until about a year from my second shot.  I can’t imagine mandates will require continually getting boosters unless maybe we are still seeing high covid deaths a few months from now.

But I agree, if that happens, not everyone is going to want one.  That and mandating it for kids could be a tipping point for some, probably including myself in terms of speaking out more against the mandates.

19 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

No, but I’ve brought this up before.  I’ve said I don’t plan to get one until about a year from my second shot.  I can’t imagine mandates will require continually getting boosters unless maybe we are still seeing high covid deaths a few months from now.

But I agree, if that happens, not everyone is going to want one.  That and mandating it for kids could be a tipping point for some, probably including myself in terms of speaking out more against the mandates.

Would you get a booster in a year if covid is much more rare by that time.  But there were to still be some risk although much less common in catching the virus?

Lets say they aren't mandating it but they recommend it.  Cases amd deaths are cut by more than half by that time?

:lol: Liar, lying again. There is no tipping point for people who are compliant.  And there will be no end to this,  you know it we all know it. It was always about a "vaccine", which is actually a genetic therapy and must be given regularly.  "High covid rates" will always exist as long as 1 person can get it.

9 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol: Liar, lying again. There is no tipping point for people who are compliant.  And there will be no end to this,  you know it we all know it. It was always about a "vaccine", which is actually a genetic therapy and must be given regularly.  "High covid rates" will always exist as long as 1 person can get it.

No, there’s definitely a big difference between “high covid deaths” and 1 person dying (not just “getting it”).   Listen2me23, yeah I probably wouldn’t get the booster if deaths had been consistently more than 50% less than they are now.

And there are also plenty of people that are “against” the mandates, but don’t care enough to rebel since they’re vaccinated anyway.   Believe it or not Timmy, most people that got the vaccine did so to reduce their chances of getting/spreading covid or dying from it, not because they are “compliant.”  If a few months from now the data still shows that the vaccines remain effective especially at preventing serious illness for people under 50 or so, I’m sure there will be plenty of people that won’t want to get another one (especially if covid isn’t as prevalent).

15 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

No, there’s definitely a big difference between “high covid deaths” and 1 person dying (not just “getting it”).   Listen2me23, yeah I probably wouldn’t get the booster if deaths had been consistently more than 50% less than they are now.

And there are also plenty of people that are “against” the mandates, but don’t care enough to rebel since they’re vaccinated anyway.   Believe it or not Timmy, most people that got the vaccine did so to reduce their chances of getting/spreading covid or dying from it, not because they are “compliant.”  If a few months from now the data still shows that the vaccines remain effective especially at preventing serious illness for people under 50 or so, I’m sure there will be plenty of people that won’t want to get another one (especially if covid isn’t as prevalent).

:lol: Rationalization is a helluva drug. There WILL be mandates for boosters. And you and your children WILL get them. Don't pretend you won't. 

8 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol: Rationalization is a helluva drug. There WILL be mandates for boosters. And you and your children WILL get them. Don't pretend you won't. 

Wanna bet (that there will be mandates for boosters)?

On 10/21/2021 at 11:10 AM, TimHauck said:

If the vaccine effectiveness wears off after 3 months, why have there been only 7k vaccinated deaths for the entire year but 100k total covid deaths just in the last 2 months?

Because someone has fed you bs stats that you wholeheartedly swallowed, or they defined vaccinated as vaccinated within the past two weeks.  Those aren't the recent trends worldwide.  Go stick your head back in the sand, preferably at footballgheys.

17 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Did you catch the flawed numbers from your CDC post yet?  The 2 weeks where the numbers were identical except for 1.

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Did you catch the flawed numbers from your CDC post yet?  The 2 weeks where the numbers were identical except for 1.

Wow, good catch on finally catching something math-related.  Only took ya about 19 months.   But, looks like maybe 3 cells of data might've gotten accidentally copied over.     Which wouldn't really change the overall numbers.

29 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Because someone has fed you bs stats that you wholeheartedly swallowed, or they defined vaccinated as vaccinated within the past two weeks.  Those aren't the recent trends worldwide.  Go stick your head back in the sand, preferably at footballgheys.

Even in other countries where the vaccinated make up a higher % of covid deaths, vaccine efficacy is still 80%+ because they have a higher % of people vaccinated.  And because they have a higher % of people vaccinated, they have less deaths in total.   In the US even a lot of old and fat people aren't vaccinated.

56 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Hard to say. They want to keep control of everyone, like AU is doing, but by doing so, being the USA and not YET completely sheeple, it is backfiring on them in the biden poll numbers. They are completely stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they do not mandate boosters, they admit that the jab juice is worthless & that it was never needed because everyone who has yet to be exposed, will get covid. Of course everyone should have figured that out when they 1st started talking about boosters. If enough people wise up and see their BS, they should be swept out of power.  If they keep up the mandates, they should (if we are still the greatest country in the world) be swept out of power in a year for they destroyed the economy trying to herd the sheeple for a virus that killed unhealthy and fatties at a rate of less than 0.3% and fauci & the CDC killed them by thwarting early treatment repeatedly. Fauci should be hung from a tree until he's just bones and his skeleton pops off his skull & falls to the ground.

Fortunately DeSantis and his fantastically great new surgeon general are kicking biden in the balls repeatedly. 

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

Hard to say. They want to keep control of everyone, like AU is doing, but by doing so, being the USA and not YET completely sheeple, it is backfiring on them in the biden poll numbers. They are completely stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they do not mandate boosters, they admit that the jab juice is worthless & that it was never needed because everyone who has yet to be exposed, will get covid. Of course everyone should have figured that out when they 1st started talking about boosters. If enough people wise up and see their BS, they should be swept out of power.  If they keep up the mandates, they should (if we are still the greatest country in the world) be swept out of power in a year for they destroyed the economy trying to herd the sheeple for a virus that killed unhealthy and fatties at a rate of less than 0.3% and fauci & the CDC killed them by thwarting early treatment repeatedly. Fauci should be hung from a tree until he's just bones and his skeleton pops off his skull & falls to the ground.

Fortunately DeSantis and his fantastically great new surgeon general are kicking biden in the balls repeatedly. 

LOL, the reason I don't think boosters will be mandated is precisely because the first 2 (of the mRNA's) are very good, so the booster isn't needed other than for the old or immunocompromised.  Could maybe see them requiring another dose for J&J though.

30 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

LOL, the reason I don't think boosters will be mandated is precisely because the first 2 (of the mRNA's) are very good, so the booster isn't needed other than for the old or immunocompromised.  Could maybe see them requiring another dose for J&J though.

🤣🤣🤣

Right here is exactly why I don't believe anything they shovel about the jab juice. Simply blatant lying trying to corral some sheeple.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/22/health/covid-vaccines-death-rates/index.html

"In fact, it shows that people vaccinated for COVID-19 had lower death rates than those who were not vaccinated, even when COVID deaths were excluded. 🤣

Just fuckin stupid. 

Classic.

https://nationalfile.com/uks-boris-johnson-admits-vaccines-do-not-prevent-contracting-spreading-covid-19/

Before the shocking admission, the UK PM claimed that the vaccine provides “a lot of protection against serious illness and death.” However, he ultimately conceded that the vaccine “doesn’t protect you against catching the disease, and it doesn’t protect you from passing it on.” Johnson, who has grown highly unpopular due to his handling of COVID-19, added “so now, it’s time to get you booster.” 🤣

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Right here is exactly why I don't believe anything they shovel about the jab juice. Simply blatant lying trying to corral some sheeple.

"In fact, it shows that people vaccinated for COVID-19 had lower death rates than those who were not vaccinated, even when COVID deaths were excluded. 🤣

Just fuckin stupid. 

It depends on what the definition of the word "death" is... 

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Just fuckin stupid. 

How do you know they're lying?   I mean it's a pretty stupid analysis because it has nothing to do with the vaccine itself, but I'd believe the conclusion.   People refusing the vaccine in the US may be more likely to take other risks that could lead to their death.

42 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Classic.

https://nationalfile.com/uks-boris-johnson-admits-vaccines-do-not-prevent-contracting-spreading-covid-19/

Before the shocking admission, the UK PM claimed that the vaccine provides “a lot of protection against serious illness and death.” However, he ultimately conceded that the vaccine “doesn’t protect you against catching the disease, and it doesn’t protect you from passing it on.” Johnson, who has grown highly unpopular due to his handling of COVID-19, added “so now, it’s time to get you booster.” 🤣

Just because something isn't 100% effective, doesn't mean it's 0% effective.

7 hours ago, TimHauck said:

How do you define mandates?  

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Two dudes going out for dinner and a movie?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

People being required to have it for their job or to do any social activities

FIL got the booster. SIL and BIL cannot wait for the booster. I don't understand it, but whatever they can take the chance with the clot shot.

I don't even talk to them about it anymore.