Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

The government will make available free rapid tests to ship to your home; ordering starts 1/19.

https://www.covidtests.gov/

I did a little research on the accuracy of these; this from a CDC study:

Testing among symptomatic participants indicated the following for the BinaxNOW antigen test (with real-time RT-PCR as the standard): sensitivity, 64.2%; specificity, 100%; PPV, 100%; and NPV, 91.2% (Table 2); among asymptomatic persons, sensitivity was 35.8%; specificity, 99.8%; PPV, 91.7%; and NPV, 96.9%. For participants who were within 7 days of symptom onset, the BinaxNOW antigen test sensitivity was 71.1% (95% CI = 63.0%–78.4%), specificity was 100% (95% CI = 99.3%–100%), PPV was 100% (95% CI = 96.4%–100%), and NPV was 92.7% (95% CI = 90.2%–94.7%). Using real-time RT-PCR as the standard, four false-positive BinaxNOW antigen test results occurred, all among specimens from asymptomatic participants. Among 299 real-time RT-PCR positive results, 142 (47.5%) were false-negative BinaxNOW antigen test results (63 in specimens from symptomatic persons and 79 in specimens from asymptomatic persons)

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7003e3.htm

What this means is if you test positive, you pretty much have it if you are symptomatic (PPV = Positive Predictive Value = 100%) and likely have it if asymptomatic (PPV = 91.7%).  NPV was good as well.

Here is a good educational site on sensitivity, specificity, and predictive values:

https://online.stat.psu.edu/stat507/lesson/10/10.3

I know many of you won't care but perhaps you have others in your life who, like me, could benefit from early confirmation a therapeutic treatments.  :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The government will make available free rapid tests to ship to your home; ordering starts 1/19.

What this means is if you test positive, you pretty much have it if you are symptomatic (PPV = Positive Predictive Value = 100%) and likely have it if asymptomatic (PPV = 91.7%).  NPV was good as well.

Here is a good educational site on sensitivity, specificity, and predictive values:

I know many of you won't care but perhaps you have others in your life who, like me, could benefit from early confirmation a therapeutic treatments.  :cheers:

How long will it take to arrive?

19 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Colorado started offering free at home tests a couple months ago.  My GF ordered them and we had 4 of the Binax tests sent to us.  I mentioned previously that I had Covid over Xmas/New Years.  After being sick for a few days I decided to take the test to see if I had Covid.  It came back positive.  Tested again a few days later and it still showed positive.  Last Tuesday I had to go to a group meeting in person so I took another test to verify I was over it, and it came back negative.  So the Binax test does seem to work as expected in my anecdotal experience.

https://covid19.colorado.gov/covid-19-testing-at-home

Tested Thursday at 2:30, got results at 7:13 today.

Hi Edward,

This is an automatic notification about your recent COVID-19 RT-qPCR test result from Curative. Your COVID-19 RT-qPCR test was POSITIVE, meaning that the virus that causes COVID-19 was detected in the specimen you provided. Here is some more documentation on how to interpret your test.

You can expect to be contacted by a member of the Department of Health in the coming days.

PRAY FOR ME, SEND ME Ts & ps please! 

15 minutes ago, edjr said:

Tested Thursday at 2:30, got results at 7:13 today.

PRAY FOR ME, SEND ME Ts & ps please! 

who cares. im back at work...missed one day after testing positive last week. i had a cold. im never talking about covid again, never wearing a mask again ever. nor testing again ever.

On 1/15/2022 at 11:21 AM, KSB2424 said:

KSB's Reasonable Covid Summary (01/15/2022)

8.  The origin of this pandemic (Chinese Lab) is one of the largest cover ups in human history.  It should be the biggest news story since 9/11 and its rarely talked about.  I am dumbfounded.

Good post.   I am with you 100% on #8.   

Whenever I suggest dialing back some of our more restrictive reactions to CV19 - someone always chimes in with "you don't care about the 400k/600k/800k people who died???"    But don't those same people care about that it looks like it was all caused by careless/poor/sloppy oversight of the lab by the Chinese and supported by our NIH??   

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Whenever I suggest dialing back some of our more restrictive reactions to CV19 - someone always chimes in with "you don't care about the 400k/600k/800k people who died???"    But don't those same people care about that it looks like it was all caused by careless/poor/sloppy oversight of the lab by the Chinese and supported by our NIH??   

been saying that for almost 2 years. the fact that an investigation as to the origins of this is not talked about 24/7 is mind boggling. every country in world should be partaking in a large scale investigation. never hear anything hardly.

is it true that wuhan lab is still operating as we speak?

7 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

been saying that for almost 2 years. the fact that an investigation as to the origins of this is not talked about 24/7 is mind boggling. every country in world should be partaking in a large scale investigation. never hear anything hardly.

is it true that wuhan lab is still operating as we speak?

Nah we don't need to investigate. Hell the country it came from gets to host the winter Olympics.

Remind me to order as many free tests as possible and then turn around and put them up for sale on ebay.  Got to put my tax dollars to work.  Because you know there still wont be enough tests available for all the rubes hiding out from the covid.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Nah we don't need to investigate. Hell the country it came from gets to host the winter Olympics.

Its interesting that covid hit blacks and hispanics the hardest.  Those are the groups that china wants to genocide.  So this could even be a “test run” on killing unwanted minorities with viruses.  Maybe they will release another and another until it kills them all.  

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

Its interesting that covid hit blacks and hispanics the hardest.  Those are the groups that china wants to genocide.  So this could even be a “test run” on killing unwanted minorities with viruses.  Maybe they will release another and another until it kills them all.  

I said that a long time ago. They really hate india. They unleashed this as a test and they got the answer they were looking for. Mass panic that has lasted 2 years on the majority of the worlds idiots. We are so outnumbered by these hammerheads.

They now know that they can kill off the worlds population at anytime. They don't even need nuke weapons or an army. The army is the idiots like fauci and biden and their followers. 

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

I said that a long time ago. They really hate india. They unleashed this as a test and they got the answer they were looking for. Mass panic that has lasted 2 years on the majority of the worlds idiots. We are so outnumbered by these hammerheads.

They now know that they can kill off the worlds population at anytime. They don't even need nuke weapons or an army. The army is the idiots like fauci and biden and their followers. 

Not only mass panic but the know the world elites will use it to take even more power and extend the crisis. On top of keeping treatments that would help. People will fall for junk science.

12 minutes ago, lod001 said:

India and China have the same population and nukes, and no ocean separating them. All India has to do is start manufacturing the same stuff as China and it’s on. 

Per WSJ

Walensky is being coached by media experts and is planning to have more press briefings by herself in order to ensure that CDC is seen as an independent, scientific entity, rather than as a political one, the Journal reports.

🤣

4 hours ago, porkbutt said:

who cares. im back at work...missed one day after testing positive last week. i had a cold. im never talking about covid again, never wearing a mask again ever. nor testing again ever.

Is it possible they are testing for the common cold now just to keep the world scared?

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

Is it possible they are testing for the common cold now just to keep the world scared?

extremely possible. borderline likely.

• Thanks 1

Another vaxxed and boosted co worker had to burn a week of vacation testing positive for covid. Anyone that tests and reports is a focking moron. If your symptomatic just stay home until your not having symptoms like we've done for forever 

8 hours ago, Masshole said:

Yea if they really cared we should be going to war against China.  I'm not kidding.

25 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Another vaxxed and boosted co worker had to burn a week of vacation testing positive for covid. Anyone that tests and reports is a focking moron. If your symptomatic just stay home until your not having symptoms like we've done for forever 

Shouldn't they get to save vacation time and use Covid time?

Just now, Gepetto said:

That has been gone for a long time 

3 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

That has been gone for a long time 

Oh OK, thanks, I obviously didn't know that.

9 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Yea if they really cared we should be going to war against China.  I'm not kidding.

I get your point.  It's literally that serious of an issue.   But it's been memory-holed and no one seems to care.   

If you really want get your blood boiling  - consider the lab leak thing AND all of the Fentanyl (i.e. the #1 cause of death for people 18-34 in the US) the Chinese are allowing to get pumped out in their country and shipped to the US.   We and they know exactly where it's being made and who's doing it.   They've done nothing about it.   The chinese gov't can go fuk itself

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gepetto said:

hahaha. yea tried that. see how employees abuse that. close contacts, etc came out of the wood work. any sniffle and they’d say they need to stay home. gave the 2 weeks required and that was that. 

8 hours ago, Drizzay said:

Covid time?  Who gets that?

My entire office has the potential to work from home. If you have covid, you work from home. If you are too sick, you use sick days. We have like 30 people out of 350 that go into the office each day. 

I’m surrounded by sick or Covid positive people right now.  Lots of people at work and half my neighbourhood.  It’s just a matter of time, whatever.  

15 hours ago, Drizzay said:

Covid time?  Who gets that?

probably a California thing. 

If you haven't gotten it yet, it's coming. My kids high school just updates us on new cases today....23.  Most ever before was like 6 or 7 on same day.  

I hope this hysteria crap keeps going on for as long as I am working at my company. Working from home is a trillion times better than flying to some other stupid city for work every week. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I hope this hysteria crap keeps going on for as long as I am working at my company. Working from home is a trillion times better than flying to some other stupid city for work every week. :thumbsup:

What do you do for a living?

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

What do you do for a living?

Consultant for both business and integration in an IT services respect.

I'm tired of it but if I last a couple more years I can retire pretty early. Then take a less stressful job in something that I can actually be interested in just to keep active while bringing in some disposable income.    

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

That didn’t post the link but if you can copy and paste that if the Pfizer CEO admitting that the first two shots they knew did absolutely nothing

Context here is vs Omicron.

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Context here is vs Omicron.

Yeah I get it he’s talking about that now but they also told us that the first one was going to prevent people from getting Covid. 

Also the CEO of Pfizer isn’t even a scientist