Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

Shocking I tell you. :rolleyes:

Dr. Leana Wen slammed after admitting there's been 'overcounting' of COVID deaths: ‘TWO AND A HALF YEARS LATE’

Wen claimed that the actual COVID-19 death count could only be '30 percent of what's currently reported'

CNN medical analyst and Washington Post columnist Dr. Leana Wen admitted in a column, Friday, that the medical community is "overcounting" the amount of "COVID deaths and hospitalizations."

Wen, who writes an occasional Washington Post column providing her observations on the pandemic, masking and other COVID-related subjects, cited sources claiming that most "patients diagnosed with COVID are actually in the hospital for some other illness."

The article is titled, "We are overcounting COVID deaths and hospitalizations. That’s a problem." 

Wen’s observations prompted readers on Twitter to complain, stating that it's "two and a half years late."

Wen began her column with some apparent skepticism about the CDC’s latest COVID-19 death stats: "According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the United States is experiencing around 400 COVID deaths every day. At that rate, there would be nearly 150,000 deaths a year. But are these Americans dying from COVID or with COVID?"

The doctor claimed that "Understanding this distinction is crucial to putting the continuing toll of the coronavirus into perspective. Determining how likely it is an infection will result in hospitalization or death helps people weigh their own risk."

She spoke to two Infectious-disease experts, who told her they believed "the number of deaths attributed to COVID is far greater than the actual number of people dying from COVID."

Mentioning the first, she wrote, "Robin Dretler, an attending physician at Emory Decatur Hospital and the former president of Georgia’s chapter of Infectious Diseases Society of America, estimates that at his hospital, 90 percent of patients diagnosed with COVID are actually in the hospital for some other illness."

Dretler told the analyst, "Since every hospitalized patient gets tested for COVID many are incidentally positive." Wen noted how people with gunshot wounds or other serious illnesses often test positive for the virus, and wrote, "If these patients die, COVID might get added to their death certificate along with the other diagnoses. But the coronavirus was not the primary contributor to their death and often played no role at all."

Dretler admitted this contributed to "imprecise reporting" on COVID deaths and hospitalizations, which he added did not come from a place of "bad intent." He denied that there was any "conspiracy" behind it to "exaggerate coronavirus numbers for some nefarious purpose."

Wen also cited infectious-disease physician Shira Doron, who figured out that "In recent months, only about 30 percent of total hospitalizations with COVID were primarily attributed to the virus" in Massachusetts hospitals for example. 

Wen recounted Doron’s experience at Tufts Medical Center, writing, "During some days, she said, the proportion of those hospitalized because of COVID were as low as 10 percent of the total number reported" who had COVID. 

Wen added, "Doron acknowledges that there is a gray zone in the data in which COVID might not be the primary cause of death but could have contributed to it."

Towards the end of her piece, Wen declared, "To be clear, if the COVID death count turns out to be 30 percent of what’s currently reported, that’s still unacceptably high."

Many readers on Twitter seemed frustrated with the piece, expressing that they believed the medical community had been counting for years now and that Wen’s info comes too late.

Center for Security Policy senior analyst J. Michael Waller slammed the Washington Post over the column, stating, "Not long ago, the Washington Post was calling us conspiracy theorists for saying such things."

Author A.J. Kay tweeted, "Well, yeah … You’d think seeing this in legacy media would offer a feeling of vindication or resolution for those of us who have been screaming about it since 2020, but really it’s just exasperation, anger, & grief. The lies caused so much harm."

"The Australian" journalist Adam Creighton tweeted, "People saying this a year ago were booted off social media."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-leana-wen-slammed-admitting-theres-been-overcounting-covid-deaths-two-half-years-late

[ForrestGump]And just like that, Dr Leana Wen became a right wing conspiracy theorist[ForrestGump]

Interesting the news they are beginning to let get released. Must be looking bad...

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Interesting the news they are beginning to let get released. Must be looking bad...

They allow the truth to come out when they think people don't care about it anymore. Or are just beyond tired of listening to it anymore.

4 hours ago, craftsman said:

Shocking I tell you. :rolleyes:

This was known once the Omicron wave hit in December 2021, but I guess Hoeg is claiming we’re just acknowledging it now.  No one was booted off social media for saying this a year ago in 2022.  Again, it was not always this way, this is only since Omicron (kids are probably a different story but there was always conversation around the lower risk to kids).  People saying “we were right all along!” are idiots.

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Human-created or -enhanced viruses may not follow the pattern, which could explain China's paranoia from the get go.  :thumbsup: 

Possibly

5 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cnaz9KoK8Jo/?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=

disturbing facts that I’m sure are “fake”

Facts, lol.  

If people were getting duds that wouldn’t explain how it had such high effectiveness especially during Delta. But I know you don’t believe the countless studies proving that, centrist.

also myocarditis isn’t worse than cancer, and lod posted that a month ago

• Sad 1

On 1/8/2023 at 1:48 PM, TimHauck said:

Great thread on the “epidemic of athletes dying suddenly” claim:

To summarize:

The claim of there were “only 1101 athlete deaths in 38 years” (29 per year) is from a paper that wasn’t even trying to find out that number.

There was a paper from 2009 that did try to find the number for US athlete deaths, but only counted sudden deaths of athletes under 40 (not including recreational).  This paper found a rate of 50-76 per year in the US, A number that had been steadily increasing.

This tweeter apparently went through every single one of the deaths from the blog (yes, Peter McCullough was citing a blog).  Of the 970 events listed from 2022, only 36 could be confirmed as meeting  the same qualifications from the study. 24 had insufficient information and the rest would not have qualified.

Boom

For people that don’t like reading

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Science denier going at it again 

Actually Mr. Centrist, my position on Covid vaccines is probably the most center one:

1.  They have been extremely effective at preventing deaths, especially during Delta

2.  They shouldn’t have been mandated and where they were we should have acknowledged natural immunity.

3.  There is currently no evidence they have resulted in more than a minimal amount of deaths, however the myocarditis risk is real and primarily effects young men who were at minimal risk from Covid.  As a result, we should not have pushed the vaccine for younger people (under about 30 IMO).  

4.  Along the same lines, boosters are beneficial for older people (over about 50 IMO), but not really for younger people as the first 2 doses have remained effective against hospitalization and death for younger ages

As I am in between 30-50, my actions in getting the first 2 shots but no boosters align completely with my views.

But keep whining about how you think they’re worthless despite a ton of evidence showing otherwise, centrist.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Actually Mr. Centrist, my position on Covid vaccines is probably the most center one:

1.  They have been extremely effective at preventing deaths, especially during Delta

2.  They shouldn’t have been mandated and where they were we should have acknowledged natural immunity.

3.  There is currently no evidence they have resulted in more than a minimal amount of deaths, however the myocarditis risk is real and primarily effects young men who were at minimal risk from Covid.  As a result, we should not have pushed the vaccine for younger people (under about 30 IMO).  

4.  Along the same lines, boosters are beneficial for older people (over about 50 IMO), but not really for younger people as the first 2 doses have remained effective against hospitalization and death for younger ages

As I am in between 30-50, my actions in getting the first 2 shots but no boosters align completely with my views.

But keep whining about how you think they’re worthless despite a ton of evidence showing otherwise, centrist.

nope you keep denying "SCIENCE" you haven't got your 18th booster

just as healthy people in under 50 never needed the jab and it never once stopped the spread, you dont need the booster, neither does anyone else

I just find it hilarious that you defend every single govt agenda while not even getting the fake booster yourself

as far as my "centrist" take

I am 100% centrist here, do whatever you want for you, only you, nobody else's business what you do.  Govt stay out of my and your lives

thats centrist

I am sure you probably would be on board with not treating people in the hospitals for covid if they weren't jabbed

obesity and the food in this country is the greatest pandemic ever, take away that issue and everything else will minimalize, including covid

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

nope you keep denying "SCIENCE" you haven't got your 18th booster

just as healthy people in under 50 never needed the jab and it never once stopped the spread, you dont need the booster, neither does anyone else

I just find it hilarious that you defend every single govt agenda while not even getting the fake booster yourself

as far as my "centrist" take

I am 100% centrist here, do whatever you want for you, only you, nobody else's business what you do.  Govt stay out of my and your lives

thats centrist

I literally just explained why my view is backed by "the science."    There are definitely a lot of people under 50 that could have or were helped by the vaccine.  But the first 2 doses have remained effective. 

For someone that doesn't care what anyone else does you sure seem to like commenting about how worthless you think the vaccines are, only problem with that is that they have been proven by numerous studies to have been effective at reducing deaths.

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I am sure you probably would be on board with not treating people in the hospitals for covid if they weren't jabbed

obesity and the food in this country is the greatest pandemic ever, take away that issue and everything else will minimalize, including covid

No they should be treated in the hospitals, I wouldn't be opposed to charging them higher health insurance premiums if an employer chose to though.

Obesity is definitely a major problem but we still would have had a ton of covid deaths as age was a far higher risk than weight.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

I literally just explained why my view is backed by "the science."    There are definitely a lot of people under 50 that could have or were helped by the vaccine.  But the first 2 doses have remained effective. 

For someone that doesn't care what anyone else does you sure seem to like commenting about how worthless you think the vaccines are, only problem with that is that they have been proven by numerous studies to have been effective at reducing deaths.

yep sure guy, my natural immunity has done the same thing, meanwhile those jabbed keep getting the covid

and no there isnt a single healthy note, I did say healthy person who was helped by the jab.  And the fact you keep pushing the nonsense to support everything the govt does, including pushing it on kids shows your hypocrisy

Just now, TimHauck said:

No they should be treated in the hospitals, I wouldn't be opposed to charging them higher health insurance premiums if an employer chose to though.

Obesity is definitely a major problem but we still would have had a ton of covid deaths as age was a far higher risk than weight.

If I have insurance, and me getting a jab wouldn't have stopped me from getting covid, why should my insurance be higher.  Should my insurance be higher if my family has a high history of cancer?  should my insurance be higher if I am obese, a drinker, have sex with multiple women?

what was it like 80+% of deaths to covid had 2.4 co-morbidities on average, age is not a comorbidity

obesity kills far more annually than covid, especially since the biggest factor in covid death is obesity

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

yep sure guy, my natural immunity has done the same thing, meanwhile those jabbed keep getting the covid

and no there isnt a single healthy note, I did say healthy person who was helped by the jab.  And the fact you keep pushing the nonsense to support everything the govt does, including pushing it on kids shows your hypocrisy

People with "natural immunity" keep getting covid too.  

Lol, "no single healthy person helped by the jab"?   Nice centrist claim there.  So are you saying no healthy person died of covid?

I literally just said we shouldn't have pushed it on kids, learn to read please.

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

If I have insurance, and me getting a jab wouldn't have stopped me from getting covid, why should my insurance be higher.  Should my insurance be higher if my family has a high history of cancer?  should my insurance be higher if I am obese, a drinker, have sex with multiple women?

what was it like 80+% of deaths to covid had 2.4 co-morbidities on average, age is not a comorbidity

obesity kills far more annually than covid, especially since the biggest factor in covid death is obesity

I notice you left smoking off your list there.  Many companies do charge more for smokers.   My last company also gave a discount for those that got health screenings.     And if you buy life insurance it will be more expensive if you are obese, a drinker, or have a family history of cancer.

You are wrong.  Age was and is the biggest risk factor for covid deaths.   Over 70% of the country is overweight.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

People with "natural immunity" keep getting covid too.  

Lol, "no single healthy person helped by the jab"?   Nice centrist claim there.  So are you saying no healthy person died of covid?

I literally just said we shouldn't have pushed it on kids, learn to read please.

I notice you left smoking off your list there.  Many companies do charge more for smokers.   My last company also gave a discount for those that got health screenings.     And if you buy life insurance it will be more expensive if you are obese, a drinker, or have a family history of cancer.

You are wrong.  Age was and is the biggest risk factor for covid deaths.   Over 70% of the country is overweight.

smoking is a choice, eating unhealthy I would argue is a choice, but you have to read alot to know what you should and shouldn't eat, and they go out of their way to make sure we don't know whats in our food, and promoted the "food pyramid"

I am sure healthy people died, and I am sure the jab wouldn't have prevented that

I haven't seen a story of healthy people dying of covid though

yes, I know you don't support kids getting the jab personally, but you still maintain that the vaccine is a god sent, and so amazing

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I am sure healthy people died, and I am sure the jab wouldn't have prevented that

Lol I think we're done here.  You have no way of proving this.  I obviously can't prove a hypothetical situation, but we do know based on many studies that the vaccines were extremely effective at preventing deaths, especially during Delta.  And considering the damage that Delta did to people in the 45-64 age range, it's a pretty safe bet that that damage could have been limited by higher vaccine uptake in that age group.   

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Lol I think we're done here.  You have no way of proving this.  I obviously can't prove a hypothetical situation, but we do know based on many studies that the vaccines were extremely effective at preventing deaths, especially during Delta.  And considering the damage that Delta did to people in the 45-64 age range, it's a pretty safe bet that that damage could have been limited by higher vaccine uptake in that age group.   

yep vaccine would have saved that healthy dude in the motorcycle crashes

I told you the stats were garbage from jump. Of course TIm said they weren’t. He should go now.  Wrong about everything. Probably because he has no real world experience. A man any sort of pride would admit his folly and fade away.  

So, someone answer a question I've been thinking about for a while.  We know the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission.  We also know it doesn't prevent getting infected.  Supposedly it helps with severity.  Which is weird even calling it a vaccine.  I've never had a vaccine that's best attribute was that I woudln't get AS sick if I was vaccinated.  But whatever.  So, where I work has not embraced WFH.  Most people are here most days.  Yet somehow we aren't having epidemics of people infected with Covid.  I've been here about a year now and, while there have been a couple of times protocols have kicked in and I've had to work from home because someone near me got Covid, that's been far and few between.  I'm starting to think that if we had just taken basic precautions but not shut the country down for a year we could have prevented the economy from tanking and gotten through this thing a lot quicker than we did.  And our kids wouldn't have lost a year plus of their education.  Tell me why I'm wrong. 

19 minutes ago, Strike said:

So, someone answer a question I've been thinking about for a while.  We know the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission.  We also know it doesn't prevent getting infected.  Supposedly it helps with severity.  Which is weird even calling it a vaccine.  I've never had a vaccine that's best attribute was that I woudln't get AS sick if I was vaccinated.  But whatever.  So, where I work has not embraced WFH.  Most people are here most days.  Yet somehow we aren't having epidemics of people infected with Covid.  I've been here about a year now and, while there have been a couple of times protocols have kicked in and I've had to work from home because someone near me got Covid, that's been far and few between.  I'm starting to think that if we had just taken basic precautions but not shut the country down for a year we could have prevented the economy from tanking and gotten through this thing a lot quicker than we did.  And our kids wouldn't have lost a year plus of their education.  Tell me why I'm wrong. 

Quicker and less damage to the economy yes (there still would have been major damage to the economy though as many people would have still intentionally done things to reduce their risk of catching it).   But there would have been more deaths.   Probably impossible to tell how many.  But while people aren't going to be able to keep from catching it forever, we were able to keep people from catching it for the first time until they had been vaccinated.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Quicker and less damage to the economy yes (there still would have been major damage to the economy though as many people would have still intentionally done things to reduce their risk of catching it).   But there would have been more deaths.   Probably impossible to tell how many.  But while people aren't going to be able to keep from catching it forever, we were able to keep people from catching it for the first time until they had been vaccinated.

You don't know this.  And I said we still should have taken basic precautions.  We found out pretty early on that this thing was bad for elder people and those with chronic health issues.  As a starting point, we should have protected those groups of people.  In particular, we shoudn't have FORCED nursing homes to take Covid infected people in.  THAT undoubtedly caused MORE deaths.  Had we done just those things and a few others but let most of society continue on unless they were sick, this thing would have had much less of an impact on us.  So you had nothing to indicate my analysis is incorrect. 

:thumbsup:

In case the resident board retards haven’t been keeping up. This is the plan and the WEF is making sure this is where we will be 

11 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

In case the resident board retards haven’t been keeping up. This is the plan and the WEF is making sure this is where we will be 

Liberal Collective Computer 'Deep Boneheaded Thought' does my thinking for me. Life is so easy now even if it is a bit gray and dull and I'm hungry. I work a lot and bring home nothing to show for it but I know what to expect every day for the rest of my life. So there's that.  

6 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Liberal Collective Computer 'Deep Boneheaded Thought' does my thinking for me. Life is so easy now even if it is a bit gray and dull and I'm hungry. I work a lot and bring home nothing to show for it but I know what to expect every day for the rest of my life. So there's that.  

Being free takes work.  People are lazy

6 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Misinformation, again.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-wef/fact-check-the-world-economic-forum-does-not-have-a-stated-goal-to-have-people-own-nothing-by-2030-idUSKBN2AP2T0

The WEF does not have a ‘stated goal’ to remove everyone’s private property by 2030. As addressed in previous Reuters fact checks, these claims likely originated from a WEF social media video from 2016 that stated eight predictions about the world in 2030, including: “You’ll own nothing. And you’ll be happy. What you want you’ll rent, and it’ll be delivered by drone.” 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Misinformation, again.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-wef/fact-check-the-world-economic-forum-does-not-have-a-stated-goal-to-have-people-own-nothing-by-2030-idUSKBN2AP2T0

The WEF does not have a ‘stated goal’ to remove everyone’s private property by 2030. As addressed in previous Reuters fact checks, these claims likely originated from a WEF social media video from 2016 that stated eight predictions about the world in 2030, including: “You’ll own nothing. And you’ll be happy. What you want you’ll rent, and it’ll be delivered by drone.” 

Lmfao!!!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

This is LITERALLY from the WEFs Twitter page you focking retarded B1tch ass moron 😂😂😂 Taken STRAIGHT from it but of course your retarded ass had to go straight to a BIASED page to defend your slave master. Bro, take their d1ck OUT your mouth, wipe the jizz from your chin, and shut the fock up. YOU are wrong. YOUR masters are wrong. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Strike said:

You don't know this.  And I said we still should have taken basic precautions.  We found out pretty early on that this thing was bad for elder people and those with chronic health issues.  As a starting point, we should have protected those groups of people.  In particular, we shoudn't have FORCED nursing homes to take Covid infected people in.  THAT undoubtedly caused MORE deaths.  Had we done just those things and a few others but let most of society continue on unless they were sick, this thing would have had much less of an impact on us.  So you had nothing to indicate my analysis is incorrect. 

:thumbsup:

I was mostly agreeing with you…

Yeah the dem governors definitely focked up with the nursing homes, but it’s a pretty safe bet there would have been more overall Covid deaths if there were no restrictions (and I’m not even saying I agreed with the restrictions, simply saying they prevented deaths).

Even just looking at nursing homes, their biggest spike by far was in winter 2020/2021, not the spring when the Dem governors were trying to kill them.  If everything was wide open it still likely finds it’s way to the nursing homes through employees, etc even if they were being “protected.”  There were documented links between covid cases at colleges to nearby nursing homes.

Then of course you’d surely have more people die that weren’t in the “protected groups,” and may have actually had hospitals overwhelmed and then the nurses wouldn’t have had enough time to make tiktok videos.  Even if Covid wasn’t killing as many middle-aged people, it was putting a lot of them in the hospital.

No, no one knows for sure what would have happened, but to think there wouldn’t have been more Covid deaths is pretty delusional.   The best argument against the restrictions is that it may have resulted in more non-Covid deaths in 2022-2023 as a result of delayed care.

7 hours ago, craftsman said:

Bro the Rapist is trying to say it’s “misinformation” yet it came STRAIGHT from the WEFs Twitter. You can’t make this stuff up with how retarded the cult leftists here are. It’s astounding how much of a dumb ass these guys are. I wonder if he will come back and apologize or if he is going to double down and say “nUhUh ThEy DiDnT sAy ThAt” despite the facts and the literal post staring him in his retarded face 😂

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

Bro the Rapist is trying to say it’s “misinformation” yet it came STRAIGHT from the WEFs Twitter. You can’t make this stuff up with how retarded the cult leftists here are. It’s astounding how much of a dumb ass these guys are. I wonder if he will come back and apologize or if he is going to double down and say “nUhUh ThEy DiDnT sAy ThAt” despite the facts and the literal post staring him in his retarded face 😂

They never relent with their stupid. Now Rusty is running around this site whining about anyone bringing up the insurrection of 2020. The same guy who is still stuck on Russia and Trump from back in 2015. The rapist and rusty and now the timcrotch are all just focked up and have no clue what is going on in this country.

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

They never relent with their stupid. Now Rusty is running around this site whining about anyone bringing up the insurrection of 2020. The same guy who is still stuck on Russia and Trump from back in 2015. The rapist and rusty and now the timcrotch are all just focked up and have no clue what is going on in this country.

Dude is getting his ass DESTROYED in multiple threads currently. He’s got 5-6 ppl tearing his ass a new one and showing how he’s wrong. Numb nuts, however, is the definition of an idiot and can’t accept that he’s an idiot & wrong 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Lmfao!!!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

This is LITERALLY from the WEFs Twitter page you focking retarded B1tch ass moron 😂😂😂 Taken STRAIGHT from it but of course your retarded ass had to go straight to a BIASED page to defend your slave master. Bro, take their d1ck OUT your mouth, wipe the jizz from your chin, and shut the fock up. YOU are wrong. YOUR masters are wrong. 

It's scary how dumb some people can be.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Did you even read the article I posted?

Yes it was said, but it's a completely different context.

Come on man, this is kids stuff.  You can't be this dumb.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It's scary how dumb some people can be.

Like you? Oh yea. Seeing as how you won’t even acknowledge it. Now please leave and stop replying to me. I’m getting tired of notifications from your retarded ass.