Cdub100

Coronavirus - Doomsday

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I must be far enough away from the filthy city dwelling turds.  

And kids?

17 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Tim, do you still wear a mask?   

Not other than to doctor’s offices

5 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Just because you don't remember it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

It's like when you buy a new car, and you see the same car everywhere after you do.

It's a cognitive bias.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_illusion

I'm definitely seeing it more, but I doubt it's cognitive bias.  It's probably more that people are shoving it in my face now through social media.

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Looking back, you do know how ridiculous most of all this was right? 

7 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Looking back, you do know how ridiculous most of all this was right? 

Depends on your definition of “most of all this.”

There were definitely some ridiculous things, like masking in restaurants until it was time to eat, keeping parks closed after it was understood to have far lower risk of spread outdoors, and extended school closures.

But I do think some of the measures likely helped at least delay cases, especially things like more companies working from home.  Even masks may have had a minor impact.  It’s possible the mandates may not have made much difference though as much of this likely would have been done voluntarily and a lot of people that didn’t want to follow them, didn’t.  So I think some people are conflating “mandates were likely unnecessary” with “none of that stuff had an impact on cases/deaths anyway.” The first may be true, the second probably isn’t.  And of course I’ve always said vaccines are an entirely different discussion than most of the other measures.  You can debate the effectiveness of some of that other stuff, but you can not debate that the vaccines saved lives, as much as the idiots here will try.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Depends on your definition of “most of all this.”

There were definitely some ridiculous things, like masking in restaurants until it was time to eat, keeping parks closed after it was understood to have far lower risk of spread outdoors, and extended school closures.

But I do think some of the measures likely helped at least delay cases, especially things like more companies working from home.  Even masks may have had a minor impact.  It’s possible the mandates may not have made much difference though as much of this likely would have been done voluntarily and a lot of people that didn’t want to follow them, didn’t.  So I think some people are conflating “mandates were likely unnecessary” with “none of that stuff had an impact on cases/deaths anyway.” The first may be true, the second probably isn’t.  And of course I’ve always said vaccines are an entirely different discussion than most of the other measures.  You can debate the effectiveness of some of that other stuff, but you can not debate that the vaccines saved lives, as much as the idiots here will try.

Science denier. Shut up and get more jabs 

• Thanks 2

KSB Full Covid Recap:

• A deadly virus was accidentally leaked from the Wuhan Coronavirus Lab.  
  • It went Global and the first variant was deadly, very deadly. Not cool.
  • Our own Dr. Fauci was complicit in the Gain of Function experiments, leading to the leak.
  • The first six months were the Wild Wild West, nobody really actually knew WTF was going on.
  • The American Gov't thought of its people as little children and instead of being fully transparent, they told us what they *thought* we should hear, instead of the truth. 
  • Power Hungry politicians used this time for power.  See Grethen Whitmer.
  • mRNA vaccines were fast tracked.  The science was there, it is safe (compared to Covid itself short term) but long term data was not, they pushed it anyway. 
  • Gov't even went so far, and still do, to mandate the vaccine.
  • After a couple years of Covid, going through most of the population, is pretty much like the "Flu" now.  
  • Ugly people still mask their face. 
  • Like 2

The stats were bullshit.  Some knew that from the beginning.  

10 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

KSB Full Covid Recap:

• After a couple years of Covid, going through most of the population, is pretty much like the "Flu" now.  

Correct, thanks also to vaccines

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/21/2023 at 9:18 PM, TimHauck said:

Lol. How fuckin stupid.

3 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Lol. How fuckin stupid.

Why is that stupid?  I wear one at Mayo because that is their rule (until May rumor has it when they will end the requirement).  :dunno: 

Funny thing about health care professionals and masks, and it applies to all I've encountered -- doctors, PAs, nurses, techs, check-in people, janitors.  I wear a mask through the halls but I don't even breathe through my nose or mouth, so it is all for show.  When I get to my destination, and if I'm going to be speaking much at all, I take my mask off and start to say "do you mind if I take my mask off?  I don't breathe through my mouth and it is easier to understand me if you can read my lips."  I say "start" because every single one, before I get half-way through, just waves their hand like "please, I couldn't care less if you wear the mask."  

This has been true since late 2020 when all of my cancer fun began.  I would guess that early on in 2020 the HCPs were more diligent about masks, because as KSB said we just didn't know what was going on.  Hell, I had a hard time convincing my ENT to see me live to get my diagnosis.

10 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Why is that stupid?  I wear one at Mayo because that is their rule (until May rumor has it when they will end the requirement).  :dunno: 

Big difference between "They make me wear one" and "I wear one on my own, but only in one place".

Obviously because they don't fuckin work against what he's wearing it for - flu like illnesses. But to only wear them in one place? Total retard level even if ya think they work. Akin to wearing one into a restaurant then sitting down and eating without it as if sitting down makes you immune. Those people were a subject on Tucker Carlson tonight, where I've been saying for years now that the average IQ is plummeting and there's a reason they want it to plummet. Dumb sheep are easily controlled.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lod001 said:

Big difference between "They make me wear one" and "I wear one on my own, but only in one place".

Obviously because they don't fuckin work against what he's wearing it for - flu like illnesses. But to only wear them in one place? Total retard level even if ya think they work. Akin to wearing one into a restaurant then sitting down and eating without it as if sitting down makes you immune. Those people were a subject on Tucker Carlson tonight, where I've been saying for years now that the average IQ is plummeting and there's a reason they want it to plummet. Dumb sheep are easily controlled.

No I’m wearing it because they want you to

5 hours ago, lod001 said:

Dumb sheep are easily controlled.

The irony coming from the guy that thinks Edward Dowd is legitimate, lol

In a surprise to absolutely no one, the sheep are now claiming ivermectin helps against adverse vaccine effects.

On 3/15/2023 at 9:44 AM, jerryskids said:

The entire idea of VAERS is to collect data on the adverse impacts of vaccines which were not anticipated.  To say they "absolutely could not have anything to do with vaccines" is not very sciency for your party of science.  In fact, any use of the word "absolute" is a tell that it likely isn't very sciency.  It appears you believe that a better system would be that if a person receives a vaccine and, say, the next day has a toothache, they (or better yet their doctor) should NOT report it to VAERS, because a random twitter reader or GP is an expert in that vaccine and knows it absolutely could not be related.

Stated another way:  provide to me your scientific proof that the vaccine absolutely could not cause a toothache.

Here is a good example of why quoting increases in VAERS reports is pretty meaningless that does have an “absolute” answer 

but it’s not just whackadoodles like Stew Peters citing this figure, even some doctors have:

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Here is a good example of why quoting increases in VAERS reports is pretty meaningless that does have an “absolute” answer 

but it’s not just whackadoodles like Stew Peters citing this figure, even some doctors have:

It seems there is some question as the the veracity of the 4070% number.

It’s unclear what search criteria was used to find 4,941 VAERS reports of miscarriages, and the AP couldn’t independently replicate that number. CDC spokesperson Martha Sharan said that as of Aug. 19, fewer than 1,300 reports of miscarriage in the U.S. had been made in VAERS related to the COVID-19 vaccines. For other vaccines, she said, there were just over 700 U.S. miscarriage reports. 

And (I hadn't known this) because the vax was released under EUA, HCPs are legally required to report adverse events into VAERS even if they don't think they are related.

The VAERS database contains far more adverse event reports related to the COVID-19 vaccines than to other vaccines, Sharan said. That’s in part a result of the provider agreement that health care providers entered with the CDC for the COVID-19 vaccines. Because the FDA initially authorized the vaccines for emergency use, health care providers are legally required to submit adverse events reported after the COVID-19 vaccines, even if they don’t suspect the vaccine caused them.

“This legally required reporting, the outreach and education by CDC to healthcare providers to increase awareness of the importance of reporting adverse outcomes to VAERS, and the great public attention to these new vaccines, likely account for the overall reporting volume after COVID-19 vaccines,” Sharan said.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-VAERS-data-misrepresented-miscarriage-969408592649

BTW I'm still waiting for your scientific proof that the vax could not cause a toothache.  :cheers: 

13 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It seems there is some question as the the veracity of the 4070% number.

And (I hadn't known this) because the vax was released under EUA, HCPs are legally required to report adverse events into VAERS even if they don't think they are related.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-VAERS-data-misrepresented-miscarriage-969408592649

BTW I'm still waiting for your scientific proof that the vax could not cause a toothache.  :cheers: 

I admitted I’m not aware of scientific proof that a vaccine can’t cause a toothache.

But it is impossible to cause a 4000% increase in miscarriages.  I guess you’re saying you think that’s not actually the alleged increase from VAERS?

If there were X number of miscarriages, a 4000% increase would mean there where 40 times X miscarriages.  I'd be curious why you think it's impossible?

Not to say the number is accurate.  Just curious why you think it's impossible.

Edit: I suppose you're thinking it's relative to percentages.  

I.e., the rate of miscarriages is X% and a 4000% increase is X plus 4000%.  That cited number is obviously relative to the absolute volume.  BS or not.

15 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I admitted I’m not aware of scientific proof that a vaccine can’t cause a toothache.

But it is impossible to cause a 4000% increase in miscarriages.  I guess you’re saying you think that’s not actually the alleged increase from VAERS?

You bumped an old discussion; I have no idea what my point was then.  :dunno: 

And the question of the actual number was merely brought up in the AP article from my search.  I have no opinion on that one way or the other.

I guess my current point is that an increase in VAERS reports from the Covid vaxxes will be disproportionately high across the board, due to both the system I mentioned (mandatory reporting) and increased awareness of the system, the latter which I believe we discussed.  That does not mean VAERS is worthless, it means smart people should be able to parse the data and derive its value.  If I ever said higher VAERS reports must equal a problem, I misspoke.

Also, if the data really is 4000% increase:  some anti-vaxxers will mistakenly believe that that means there is a problem.  But, some vax religious nuts will equally presume that since it is ridiculously high, there must not be a real problem.  The answer may lie in between.

28 minutes ago, nobody said:

If there were X number of miscarriages, a 4000% increase would mean there where 40 times X miscarriages.  I'd be curious why you think it's impossible?

I.e., the rate of miscarriages is X% and a 4000% increase is X plus 4000%.  That cited number is obviously relative to the absolute volume.  BS or not.

About 1 in every 10 known pregnancies end in miscarriage. If the number increases by 4000%, then 40 in every 10 pregnancies end in miscarriage. That's why it's impossible.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I guess my current point is that an increase in VAERS reports from the Covid vaxxes will be disproportionately high across the board, due to both the system I mentioned (mandatory reporting) and increased awareness of the system, the latter which I believe we discussed.  That does not mean VAERS is worthless, it means smart people should be able to parse the data and derive its value.  If I ever said higher VAERS reports must equal a problem, I misspoke.

This is all I was saying. VAERS is not worthless as a whole, but the percent increases pretty much are.  The argument started because there were other posters using them to back up their claims but I said it’s not real data. I can’t remember when exactly you came in, I guess one can quibble and say “it’s data they’re just misrepresenting it,” but bottom line looks like we agree that these percentages don’t mean much if anything.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Also, if the data really is 4000% increase:  some anti-vaxxers will mistakenly believe that that means there is a problem.  But, some vax religious nuts will equally presume that since it is ridiculously high, there must not be a real problem.  The answer may lie in between.

I don’t think “vax religious nuts will “presume it must not be a real problem,” I think they’re usually just pointing out that the people sharing those percentages are idiots for blindly believing them.  There have however been numerous studies on the Covid vaccines and pregnancy which have found no adverse impact and I believe found improved outcomes during the earlier Covid waves.  The only somewhat related thing is that there has been a less than 1 day impact on menstrual cycles.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

You almost got it.  But not quite.

13 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

some people think the the vaccine is the safest and bestest vaccine ever

and also refuse to take the booster cause it does nothing

Pretty impressive to have this many lies/inaccuracies in 2 sentences.

It’s not the best vaccine ever, although it was pretty good at reducing deaths during a once in a century pandemic.

It’s definitely not the safest vaccine ever either, as the myocarditis risk particularly for young men is real.  But has been pretty safe overall.

The booster is effective for old people, but doesn’t have much added benefit for younger people, especially those with natural infection as well.  That’s because the first 2 shots work.

Can you please stop the beating this dead and incorrect horse, “centrist”?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

some people think the the vaccine is the safest and bestest vaccine ever

and also refuse to take the booster cause it does nothing

😂

3 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

About 1 in every 10 known pregnancies end in miscarriage. If the number increases by 4000%, then 40 in every 10 pregnancies end in miscarriage. That's why it's impossible.

What the fūck?  1 in 10 pregnancies end in a miscarriage?  

My point still stands.  If there were 50,000 miscarriages one year and 2 million the next, it's not impossible for that to happen.  You just have to take time to understand what the 4000% is relative to.

35 minutes ago, nobody said:

What the fūck?  1 in 10 pregnancies end in a miscarriage?  

My point still stands.  If there were 50,000 miscarriages one year and 2 million the next, it's not impossible for that to happen.  You just have to take time to understand what the 4000% is relative to.

Looks like there are about 3.7 million births per year in the US.  If 10% of pregnancies end in miscarriage (I think that’s on the low end actually), then there would be about 400k miscarriages per year.   If that number increased 4,000%, then that would mean there would be 16 million miscarriages per year, or over 4x the number of total births.

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Pretty impressive to have this many lies/inaccuracies in 2 sentences.

It’s not the best vaccine ever, although it was pretty good at reducing deaths during a once in a century pandemic.

It’s definitely not the safest vaccine ever either, as the myocarditis risk particularly for young men is real.  But has been pretty safe overall.

The booster is effective for old people, but doesn’t have much added benefit for younger people, especially those with natural infection as well.  That’s because the first 2 shots work.

Can you please stop the beating this dead and incorrect horse, “centrist”?

go get your booster

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Looks like there are about 3.7 million births per year in the US.  If 10% of pregnancies end in miscarriage (I think that’s on the low end actually), then there would be about 400k miscarriages per year.   If that number increased 4,000%, then that would mean there would be 16 million miscarriages per year, or over 4x the number of total births.

1 in 10 pregnancies being miscarriage seems on the high end to me.  

Maybe the jabs are making people more horny so more people are getting pregnant.  I'm sure they folks like you get horny just thinking about the jabs.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

1 in 10 pregnancies being miscarriage seems on the high end to me.  

Maybe the jabs are making people more horny so more people are getting pregnant.  I'm sure they folks like you get horny just thinking about the jabs.

Most places seem to put it around 10-20%, and that’s only of known pregnancies.  For example: https://www.marchofdimes.org/find-support/topics/miscarriage-loss-grief/miscarriage

So yeah, the only way the number would be even possible would be if pregnancies were also up 500% minimum.

And even if you don’t believe the 10% number, the background rate would have to be only about 2.5% for a 4000% increase to be even possible, and of course that would be an apocalypse level decline in birth rates. 

7 hours ago, TimHauck said:

This is all I was saying. VAERS is not worthless as a whole, but the percent increases pretty much are.  The argument started because there were other posters using them to back up their claims but I said it’s not real data. I can’t remember when exactly you came in, I guess one can quibble and say “it’s data they’re just misrepresenting it,” but bottom line looks like we agree that these percentages don’t mean much if anything.

I don’t think “vax religious nuts will “presume it must not be a real problem,” I think they’re usually just pointing out that the people sharing those percentages are idiots for blindly believing them.  There have however been numerous studies on the Covid vaccines and pregnancy which have found no adverse impact and I believe found improved outcomes during the earlier Covid waves.  The only somewhat related thing is that there has been a less than 1 day impact on menstrual cycles.

I think you are wrong in your assessment of vax religious nuts, because they are your people. 

I'm open to being mistaken tho, if you show me a tweet from one of your heroes saying something to the effect of "their VAERS analysis is wrong but it is still a problem at a lower number."

On 3/24/2023 at 9:00 PM, jerryskids said:

I think you are wrong in your assessment of vax religious nuts, because they are your people. 

I'm open to being mistaken tho, if you show me a tweet from one of your heroes saying something to the effect of "their VAERS analysis is wrong but it is still a problem at a lower number."

You’re moving the goalposts.  You’re wanting them to admit “it is a problem,” when all I am saying is they don’t automatically think “there must not be a problem.”   In reality VAERS data doesn’t really tell you anything either way, but it can lead to things being investigated further to determine if it actually is.  Here are a few quotes from Professor Morris: