Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Anyone catch the end of the ku/ k-state game?

DeSousa treats someone who steals his ball like they stole his girl :banana:

He should collect his paycheck from Kansas and be suspended the rest of the year.

Having said that ..Kansas state? You are getting your brains beat in and they are dribbling out the clock. If you steal it from me you're going to visit the band no question. 

But sousa should be gone

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

He should collect his paycheck from Kansas and be suspended the rest of the year.

Having said that ..Kansas state? You are getting your brains beat in and they are dribbling out the clock. If you steal it from me you're going to visit the band no question. 

But sousa should be gone

Gotta do a better job protecting the ball. I agree with the rest of your post.

I've seen the "highlights".  Pretty disgusting.  What I don't get is this though.  There was 1 second left on the clock after the melee, in a 20 point game.  They brought the players back out on to the court to play that last one second.  That just seems idiotic to me.  Just call it with the current score and be done with it. 

Jayhawks' Silvio De Sousa suspended indefinitely for role in Kansas State brawl

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28538390/jayhawks-silvio-de-sousa-suspended-indefinitely-role-brawl-kansas-state

Kansas forward Silvio De Sousa has been suspended indefinitely for his role in the Jayhawks' brawl with Kansas State on Tuesday night.

Kansas announced the suspension Wednesday in a statement from coach Bill Self.

The school did not reveal a specific length of De Sousa's suspension or additional punishment for any other player, citing its joint review with the Big 12.

"I have suspended Silvio De Sousa indefinitely pending the final outcome of the review by KU and the Big 12 Conference," Self said in his statement. "As I said last night, we are disappointed in his actions and there is no place in the game for that behavior."

The melee began when De Sousa blocked DaJuan Gordon's shot in the final seconds of an 81-60 victory and then stood over Gordon. At one point during the brawl, De Sousa, who had thrown multiple punches, held a stool above his head before assistant coach Jerrance Howard grabbed it from him.

The Jayhawks' Marcus Garrett and David McCormack were also in the thick of things along with the Wildcats' James Love and David Sloan, who was the first player to come to Gordon's defense.

"The players told me they went on the court because they thought the game was over," Kansas State coach Bruce Weber said on Wednesday's Big 12 media teleconference.

Weber said he was "sad" about the events that unfolded and added that he expected the Big 12, in consultation with leaders from both schools, to announce suspensions "sooner rather than later."

Self said Tuesday night that the fight was "not part of heated competition." He added that he had been in contact with a woman who was caught in the middle of the fight and said he planned to check on her on Wednesday.

"I'm sure we'll correspond with her today, see how she's feeling today," Self said.

26 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Considering that he's a "nobody", I doubt he ever plays again in the NCAA.

he was a highly recruited talent.  Just been stuck behind other ku big men and a pay to play scandal.

8 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

he was a highly recruited talent.  Just been stuck behind other ku big men and a pay to play scandal.

In 38 games, he's averaging 3.5 points and 3 reb's per game.  That's a nobody... regardless of his recruit level or scandal.  Great players take playing time from other players.  If he can't take that time away from other players, then you're replaceable.

Not really sure as to what classifies as "other ku big men", when looking over their team page on ESPN, I saw only 4 guys listed as a "C" or an "F".  Of those 4, De Sousa was 3rd in playing time at only 8.2 minutes per game.  Now, I know that while the generic starting lineup features 2 G's, 2 F's, and a C, college's generally 3 G's.  So, assuming that KU follows that mold, the other two big men average around 44 minutes per game.  Well, if 2 big men positions play for 40 minutes each, that leaves 36 minutes available.  If De Sousa is only getting 8 minutes and the other "big man" is getting only 1, who's getting the other 25?  My guess is that it's not a "big man".

3 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

I’ve watched all the videos posted. Was there a clean shot during the entire incident?

The NBA culture is trickling down to the NCAA level. 

???  What culture? When is the last time there was a brawl in the NBA? 

And its trickling down because it happened once? What a weird argument.

Sounds like just a wonderful person....

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

???  What culture? When is the last time there was a brawl in the NBA? 

And its trickling down because it happened once? What a weird argument.

So you’re the guy that still likes basketball 

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

So you’re the guy that still likes basketball 

Good retort. Just say YOU don't like it...probably cant play for shiit...so you just make something up. Pathetic. 

I dont like hockey, so...I dont comment on it and certainly dont make up gibberish. 

Basketball is on it's way down. They should do more stuff like this. 

6 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Good retort. Just say YOU don't like it...probably cant play for shiit...so you just make something up. Pathetic. 

I dont like hockey, so...I dont comment on it and certainly dont make up gibberish. 

Settle down, Olajuwon. I don’t like it... anymore. 

4 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Settle down, Olajuwon. I don’t like it... anymore. 

My bad. It was late and I was already cranky. My apologies.

Yeah I'm not sure what it is but I'm not even as into it as I normally am. Part of that is my college team sucks this year but your typical villain teams like Duke and North Carolina are not as elite as they normally are. 

NBA this should be a banner year with as much parity is there is. But you don't have golden state to root against so I'm not sure what's going on.

• Like 1

Just enclose the court in a big cage, and have zero rules or than 15 minute games with the only stoppages being to drag off a mortally wounded player for a substitute, and as always, highest score wins.

Couldn't be any worse than the crap product they put out there these days.

15 hours ago, RLLD said:

Sounds like just a wonderful person....

15 hours ago, Gladiators said:

We are all just as shocked as his momma is.

If Obama had a son...