Djgb13

Goodbye Eli

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

This may be the thread that bring you and HT close together again❤❤❤

Let’s face it. We knew it was coming. Giants found their new QB and Eli stayed on to help him out before retiring. Either way, you can’t deny Eli’s stats and rings. He will get in the HOF 

Eli sucked other than longevity. He's like a long running Trent Dilfer who is actually 3 games over .500 in his career.

.500 says it all.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

Eli sucked other than longevity. He's like a long running Trent Dilfer who is actually 3 games over .500 in his career.

.500 says it all.

And the 2 Super Bowl MVPs

6 minutes ago, shotsup said:

And the 2 Super Bowl MVPs

If there is ever a fine line on who gets the MVP, it goes to the QB. :dunno:

Nick Foles and Joe Flacco won MVPs.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

If there is ever a fine line on who gets the MVP, it goes to the QB. :dunno:

Nick Foles and Joe Flacco won MVPs.

Nick Foles has one of the best super bowl lines of all time

• Like 1

No question he gets in. A lot of players get in. But if you are from the Manning family, you could be a water boy would get in.

He's a better QB than Marino or Romo. 

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are also better than Marino or Romo.

Aikman is better than most other QB's (any QB with 2 SB's or less)

Emmitt Smith has 3 SB's.  He's better than any other RB with 2 or less. 

Barry has zero, so he isn't very good. 

I'm not saying I'm agreeing or disagreeing with anything.  Its ridiculous how so many attach "wins" to a QB.  It started happening in the early 2000's.  All of the sudden QB's were like MLB pitchers.  Announcers, public, experts were listing wins and losses for QB's.   95% of arguments are dumb and tunnel visioned.

IMO, he was an average QB who found a way to play his best in some big games. (I'm sure he played sh!tty in some big games too).  He had a good supporting cast and and whiff of luck/good fortune (Tyree).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was a spring day in 2004. After weeks of going back and forth with my brother officers, the overwhelming majority wanting the left tackle Robert Gallery, I proudly walked into the precinct the day after the draft. After being the lone Eli supporter that off season, I stood in front of that days 4x12 roll call, walked to the chalkboard and wrote "Multiple championships, HOF". I retired in 2009. In February of 2012 on a Sunday night my texts began blowing up. Some from guys I hadn't talked to in years. They all had the same theme " half way there, good call ". See you in Canton kid, thanks for the ride! 

38 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Nick Foles has one of the best super bowl lines of all time

:pointstosky:

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It was a spring day in 2004. After weeks of going back and forth with my brother officers, the overwhelming majority wanting the left tackle Robert Gallery, I proudly walked into the precinct the day after the draft. After being the lone Eli supporter that off season, I stood in front of that days 4x12 roll call, walked to the chalkboard and wrote "Multiple championships, HOF". I retired in 2009. In February of 2012 on a Sunday night my texts began blowing up. Some from guys I hadn't talked to in years. They all had the same theme " half way there, good call ". See you in Canton kid, thanks for the ride! 

Cool story but gallery wasn’t an option

I knew we had something the last game of his rookie year. It was a Sunday night against Dallas. Eli had been taking a beating since getting the reigns from Kurt Warner. The Philadelphia and Baltimore games being especially brutal. Eli drove the Giants down the field and got near the Dallas goal line. Without much on the clock and no timeouts, a pass was the smart play. The kid audibles out of the pass and gives a delayed handoff to Tiki.  Touchdown. Giants win. The first of many, many 4th quarter game winning drives. A star was born. 

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Cool story but gallery wasn’t an option

We didn't know that weeks beforehand. Nice try fella. Now say you're sorry. 

He was part of 2 of the best Superbowl plays against the best franchise of the last 2 decades 

He deserves in the hall of fame, even though he is a slightly above average qb.

There is something to be said for pulling off the amazing play on the biggest stage when you need an amazing play.

One of my favorite things was when he won the Walter Payton award along with Larry Fitzgerald. Talk about two of the classiest players from the era they played in.  So great to have a champion in this day and age that's not a look at me egomaniac. 

I say Elis greatest moment wasn't one of his fourth quarter touchdown drives to win Superbowls. No, every Giants fan worth his salt knows it was the 2011 NFC Championship vs the 49'rs. Got his ass kicked all over that field in the rain and kept getting up to pull off the victory in OT. It was his second OT victory on the road in the NFC championship. 

Interesting fact: No player in NFL history has ever made as much money as Eli. Archie was smart. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I say Elis greatest moment wasn't one of his fourth quarter touchdown drives to win Superbowls. No, every Giants fan worth his salt knows it was the 2011 NFC Championship vs the 49'rs. Got his ass kicked all over that field in the rain and kept getting up to pull off the victory in OT. It was his second OT victory on the road in the NFC championship. 

Williams fumble on the niners 20 in OT and the ensuing fg won that game not eli lmfao. 

• Like 2

Say whatever you want about Eli. Almost every QB on the planet would like to be top 10 in all the passing stats and have 2 SB rings, both against the GOAT. Everything else is noise or irrelevent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Williams fumble on the niners 20 in OT and the ensuing fg won that game not eli lmfao. 

Lol. Yeah, all the other plays before that didn't mean anything. Your boy Harbaugh should have had two guys back there returning punts in those conditions. Coughlin did. Schooled. Not the first time the Giants rolled into SF and won an NFC championship on the last play. Good times. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Odell Beckham

Oof, peenie this comment. Odell showed us he isnt that good this year and also he played with Eli for only a small fraction of his career and neither SB ring was won with Odell. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lol. Yeah, all the other plays before that didn't mean anything. Your boy Harbaugh should have had two guys back there returning punts in those conditions. Coughlin did. Schooled. Not the first time the Giants rolled into SF and won an NFC championship on the last play. Good times. 

:lol: You need a hobby that doesn't involve an eli shrine my man. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

:lol: You need a hobby that doesn't involve an eli shrine my man. 

Just talking sports. Sorry he hurt you.  He can't anymore, let it go. 

Remember that time the 49'rs three-peated? Neither do I.  Giants wiped them and Montana out. Wasn't the first time they sent Montana to hospital. "The report from the sidelines is " everything hurts".  Lol. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Remember that time the 49'rs three-peated? Neither do I.  Giants wiped them and Montana out. Wasn't the first time they sent Montana to hospital. "The report from the sidelines is " everything hurts".  Lol. 

Eeeeeeasy Giant guy. You're taking this way too personal :lol:  Down syndrome boy had 2 SB's gifted to him by his d line and Coughlin. Just like Simms and Hostetler did with Parcells. :lock:

Just now, shorepatrol said:

Eeeeeeasy Giant guy. You're taking this way too personal :lol:  Down syndrome boy had 2 SB's gifted to him by his d line and Coughlin. Just like Simms and Hostetler did with Parcells. :lock:

"There will be no three-peat". 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We didn't know that weeks beforehand. Nice try fella. Now say you're sorry. 

Everyone knew the chargers were taking a qb and gallery was going to the raiders. Az was locked on fitz and I remember it being a discussion at the time on whether the giants would take rivers or roeth 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

"There will be no three-peat". 

Nope. Niners squashed Dallas' chance in 95 :lock:

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Everyone knew the chargers were taking a qb and gallery was going to the raiders. Az was locked on fitz and I remember it being a discussion at the time on whether the giants would take rivers or roeth 

Come on man. Cut the crap. No one "knows" anything until it happens. It was  a group of fans saying who they wanted. Don't pull a Posty. Man up and say "my bad".