Djgb13

Goodbye Eli

So to the people that think Eli belong in the Hall of Fame, do you all think Philip Rivers should be in the Hall of Fame?

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

no, it means when you compare it to a guy like Brady, who doesnt put his team in a whole more often, it makes the argument stupid

Brady has more comebacks and game winning drives than Eli lol oof

1 minute ago, Reality said:

It's not, there's a few nerds that root for losers who thinks he isn't. Most people know he's easily in.

I know hes easily in, my argument is that he shouldn't be, and quite frankly, after Brady, Brees, Peyton and Rodgers, no QB in this century should be

2 minutes ago, posty said:

So to the people that think Eli belong in the Hall of Fame, do you all think Philip Rivers should be in the Hall of Fame?

If he had two rings yeah or even one

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

If he had two rings yeah it even one

So since he doesn't have a ring, he shouldn't get in...  Is that what you are saying??

Eli's record wouldve been 80-154 without those game winning drives, but sure they are meaningless lololol 

• Thanks 1

Eli has the record for most fourth quarter td’s in a season 

2 minutes ago, posty said:

So since he doesn't have a ring, he shouldn't get in...

Yep, just another high stats QB that never won crap, there's plenty of them 

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Longevity is bad now? When you trade up to get a guy you’re praying for longevity. How’s Nate Kaeding doing? What was his longevity? Shawn Merriman? 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

he also lead the league in INTS that year, correlation?

Maybe in some of the games. I’m sure it was a factor. Says here he didn’t crumble. Picked his ass up and got it done. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Longevity is bad now? When you trade up to get a guy you’re praying for longevity. How’s Nate Kaeding doing? What was his longevity? Shawn Merriman? 

longevity is a great thing, statistics based solely on them isnt

by the argument that Eli's 27 comeback wins is great, well then Rivers 27 comebacks is even greater, cause he did it in 2 less seasons

Stafford and Ryan have the most/yr of any top 15 guy, all these guys are in the same group

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Maybe in some of the games. I’m sure it was a factor. Says here he didn’t crumble. Picked his ass up and got it done. 

yep and willed his team to 9-7 whoopie

he also had 24 ints in those wins

Also, if Dan Marino started playing in 2000-2005ish his career wouldn't of been good enough for HOF. Back then when there were only what 15 different QBs who had ever won a SB, sure maybe it isn't a disqualifying factor then but now days he definitely wouldn't be a lock. 

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Also, if Dan Marino started playing in 2000-2005ish his career wouldn't of been good enough for HOF. Back then when there were only what 15 different QBs who had ever won a SB, sure maybe it isn't a disqualifying factor then but now days he definitely wouldn't be a lock. 

if Dan Marino played now, he would have avg'd 5200+ yards and 40+ td's over his career

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

They were 9-7 when they won the SB. You live way to much by the stats instead of the moments they gave us. 

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

if Dan Marino played now, he would have avg'd 5200+ yards and 40+ td's over his career

And no ring lol, great he made losing look good 

Take away just one of those Td’s in those wins and they don’t win the Super Bowl that year. Amazing you only brought up the 9-7 and not the ring. You’re very unbiased. 

6 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Yep, just another high stats QB that never won crap, there's plenty of them 

Wow...  Just...  Wow...

RIvers has better stats across the board than Manning and saying he isn't Hall worthy just because he didn't win a ring is ludicrous...

They were 9-7 when they won the SB. You live way to much by the stats instead of the moments they gave us. 

you brought up the stats, I have already said multiple times, I know he gets in, I just argue that its not deserving, and neither are any of that other tier of QB's below the elite

Just now, posty said:

Wow...  Just...  Wow...

RIvers has better stats across the board than Manning and saying he isn't Hall worthy just because he didn't win a ring is ludicrous...

No it isn't, you have to be a bit of a visionary. In 50 years the stat leaderboard will be littered with high stat players that never won anything. A ring is an important piece separating yourself from everyone else.

you brought up the stats, I have already said multiple times, I know he gets in, I just argue that its not deserving, and neither are any of that other tier of QB's below the elite

Because I know my audience, bunch of statheads. Which is why I thought my Warner argument would hold more water but it's apparent you're just biased.

Phillip Rivers may have one meaningful victory in his entire career. I think he beat Peyton and the colts in the playoffs once. Who didn’t? Lost at home to Sanchez and the Jets. 

I get it, you phags all think everyone should get participation rewards and HOF votes, you probably think Joe Namath should be in as well

I personally dont care, but Eli (and again Rivers, Roeth, Ryan, Stafford)are all the same guys, who got in the right situation to win a SB and played barely good enough and got lucky to win.

I just think HOF should be for the greatest of the great, this has nothing to do with Eli, I made the same argument for MLB

• Like 2

I get it, you phags all think everyone should get participation rewards and HOF votes, you probably think Joe Namath should be in as well

I personally dont care, but Eli (and again Rivers, Roeth, Ryan, Stafford)are all the same guys, who got in the right situation to win a SB and played barely good enough and got lucky to win.

I just think HOF should be for the greatest of the great, this has nothing to do with Eli, I made the same argument for MLB

You really  think  Big Ben doesn’t belong in the HOF? Why? What’s missing from his resume? 

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

/thread

Raiders won this thread...  I guess some like the Hall of Fame be just average...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You really  think  Big Ben doesn’t belong in the HOF? Why? What’s missing from his resume? 

Another great one, they just don't get it

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

He is above Rivers and Eli, but again, he would probably be the closest to getting my vote, but I wouldn't be casting a vote for the 5th best QB of the century

He is above Rivers and Eli, but again, he would probably be the closest to getting my vote, but I wouldn't be casting a vote for the 5th best QB of the century

No Favre? 

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Another great one, they just don't get it

Overboard. 

Salty SD fan, Rivers is the only one of the 3 out of the 2004 rookie class that didn't get a ring. With Eli I can at least see how you can make an argument, even though I don't agree with it at all, but saying Big Ben isn't great is just stupid.

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Salty SD fan, Rivers is the only one of the 3 out of the 2004 rookie class that didn't get a ring. With Eli I can at least see how you can make an argument, even though I don't agree with it at all, but saying Big Ben isn't great is just stupid.

how many focking times to I have to say the best of the best, Roeth has had a great career, hes right on the edge, hes closer than Larry Walker, and I know he gets in as well, thats still not what I am arguing

Why?

average career, albeit long, hes the Curtis Martin of now.  Never lead the league in rushing, never lead in TD's. Good career, not elite, which again is my criteria

how many focking times to I have to say the best of the best, Roeth has had a great career, hes right on the edge, hes closer than Larry Walker, and I know he gets in as well, thats still not what I am arguing

Big Ben was elite.

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The 500 record is more about unfruitful drafts for years than Eli. When Eli had the horses he rode them to the finish line. Jerry Reese spent  years striking out in the draft. JPP and OBJ basically his only hits. Drafted two top ten first round busts, Eli Apple and Flowers. You strike out on two top ten picks two years in a row it’s going to hurt. In 2016 when they broke down and spent on Fa’s they won 11 games. Even with that idiot McAdoo in charge. 

This post seems to say that he is only a winner if he has top draft picks that pan out around him. No? BTW  I am putting this mildly for you. Go ahead and call me a loser now I will hang up and listen lol