Djgb13

Goodbye Eli

16 minutes ago, Reality said:

Joe Namath was a travesty, I have no clue why the dude is in.  Eli isn't Joe, silly comparison.

On the numbers..  Sure they do, top 10 numbers and 2 rings.  The numbers are why this thing is so simple.

Eli doesn’t have too 10 numbers though

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Eli doesn’t have too 10 numbers though

I think I'm starting to see where the issue is.....  Blatant ignoring of facts.  When someone mentions career stats for a QB they are referring to passing yards and TD's.  You know..  The same way RB's are linked to rushing yards and TD's..  WR's are linked to catches, receiving yards, and TD's.  This is obvious stuff to most but, seems to be a real issue around these parts...

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

I think I'm starting to see where the issue is.....  Blatant ignoring of facts.  When someone mentions career stats for a QB they are referring to passing yards and TD's.  You know..  The same way RB's are linked to rushing yards and TD's..  WR's are linked to catches, receiving yards, and TD's.  This is obvious stuff to most but, seems to be a real issue around these parts...

I think he talks about his .500 career record as well, which is terrible for a quarterback...

But what else are you going to look at?  How about passer rating?  Eli had to have a good... What?  84.1?  Lower than Matt Schaub, Jameis Winston, Case Keenum and tied with Joe Flacco?

I guess Flacco is a lock for the Hall of Fame then since he won a Super Bowl...

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

No I look at things like td/int rate ypa win/loss 

Vinny testeverde isn’t a top 10 qb

which is also why I don’t just look at homers and rbis

4 minutes ago, posty said:

I think he talks about his .500 career record as well, which is terrible for a quarterback...

But what else are you going to look at?  How about passer rating?  Eli had to have a good... What?  84.1?  Lower than Matt Schaub, Jameis Winston, Case Keenum and tied with Joe Flacco?

I guess Flacco is a lock for the Hall of Fame then since he won a Super Bowl...

Multiple rings and top 10 numbers.  You guys are making this way too hard.  Why even mention a bunch of scrubs who have no rings...  It's just dumb.

:dunno:

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Multiple rings and top 10 numbers.  You guys are making this way too hard.  Why even mention a bunch of scrubs who have no rings...  It's just dumb.

:dunno:

We aren’t denying he will be in the HOF. We are saying he’s not a great qb 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

We aren’t denying he will be in the HOF. We are saying he’s not a great qb 

This...

They had to move his press conference to the practice bubble. Too many of his ex-teammates showed up.  Class. Leader. Champion. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They had to move his press conference to the practice bubble. Too many of his ex-teammates showed up.  Class. Leader. Champion. 

He does belong in a bubble , with a short bus helmet on. 

• Haha 1

ELIte

...one of the toughest players I have ever seen. That NFC Championship game against the 49ers alone would have ended a lot QBs career.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Do yourself a favor, look at John Elway's career numbers, than look at Eli's.

Proper comparison, multiple Superbowl winner.

You're welcome.

28 minutes ago, Reality said:

Do yourself a favor, look at John Elway's career numbers, than look at Eli's.

Proper comparison, multiple Superbowl winner.

You're welcome.

I don't give a fock about numbers. Teams were terrified of Elway because he was special and needed to be game planned. Eli was neither. Your welcome. 

He's not at Elways level, but he's a lot closer to him than he is to Dilfer and the rest of those chumps you clowns keep bringing up. 

• Haha 1

Eli has better numbers than Troy Aikman. You don't hear any Giants fans claiming he's better than him. Now here come the stat nerds to say he's not good enough either. 

Wow this thread is 5 pages. Eli is more popular here then Trump. 

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He's not at Elways level

That's the level HOF deserves.  Man among boys is HOF. 

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

That's the level HOF deserves.  Man among boys is HOF. 

So who's the cut off? Let's hear it. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

So who's the cut off? Let's hear it. 

I defined it pretty clear above HT. I eliminate eli easily with my definition. This sh!t is all subjective.

21 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

I defined it pretty clear above HT. I eliminate eli easily with my definition. This sh!t is all subjective.

Who in there now is the least of the worthy ones, in your opinion? In other words, someone who you think should be in, but is the lowest ranked member? A few names would be best. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who in there now is the least of the worthy ones, in your opinion? In other words, someone who you think should be in, but is the lowest ranked member? A few names would be best. 

Good question. BRB

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Aikman, Bradshaw, Moon, Namath. Shouldn't be in. I read your question halfwyay . None of who I listed should be in. 

3 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Aikman, Bradshaw, Moon, Namath. Shouldn't be in. I read your question halfwyay . None of who I listed should be in. 

Kelly too

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

Kelly too

Everyone shoukd be in. It's only fair. Don't want to hurt manning's feelers. :dunno:

6 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

So you think Troy Aikman was along for the ride to three Superbowls? Bradshaw for four? You're a tough grader. Steve Young still gets in? Why? He doesn't have rings or numbers. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you think Troy Aikman was along for the ride to three Superbowls? Bradshaw for four? You're a tough grader. Steve Young still gets in? Why? He doesn't have rings or numbers. 

I keep going back to special and other teams fears and game planning. Teams feared and game planned LT. That's a HOFer

12 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

I keep going back to special and other teams fears and game planning. Teams feared and game planned LT. That's a HOFer

I bet the Patriots feared him when he started marching towards the end zone the second time. 

10 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

I don't give a fock about numbers. Teams were terrified of Elway because he was special and needed to be game planned. Eli was neither. Your welcome. 

Maybe they should have game planned for Eli, he may not have 2 rings if that were the case. It's also silly to say a team didn't game plan for the QB..

It is a very flawed argument to compare stats from prior years to today's numbers.  In 78 Bradshaw led the league in TDs with 25.  Eli never led the league in anything other than Ints.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Was Tiki Barber there?

1 hour ago, BufordT said:

Was Tiki Barber there?

Absolutely not. 

Eli will get one cause of the SBs. For most of his career he was an average starting QB. He benefits from longevity and ability to stay on the field. But mostly he gets in cause he came into the league in an era when passing stats exploded. 

In 2000 there were three QBs who passed for more than 4,000 yards. Last year there were 10, and Jamies Winston led the league with more than 5,000. Eli is 5th in passing yards but it’s less impressive when you see guys like Carson Palmer, Testeverde, Stafford and Kerry Collins in the Top 20. In 20-30 years Eli’s counting stays will look a lot less impressive. 

Anyway he’s getting in. I don’t buy him as an alltime great but the Hall is a joke anyway so who cares.

Should have bought stock in knee pads...  Some of gone through many pairs by now...

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, posty said:

Should have bought stock in knee pads...  Some of gone through many pairs by now...

R M F F.  You’re pathetic, FYI. Be a man for once and do what you say. 

Deion Sanders: They’re letting too many players into the Hall of Fame

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/28/deion-sanders-theyre-letting-too-many-players-into-the-hall-of-fame

Deion Sanders is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but he thinks that club is adding too many members.

Sanders said on the Dan Patrick Show that he believes there are too many players being allowed into the Hall of Fame, even if they weren’t truly great players, and it’s watering down the honor.

“What is a Hall of Famer now? Is it a guy who played a long time?” Sanders said. “It’s so skewed now. Once upon a time, a Hall of Famer was a player who changed the darn game, who made you want to reach in your pocket and pay your admission to see that guy play. That’s not a Hall of Famer anymore. Every Tom, and Harry, you’re a Hall of Famer, you’re a Hall of Famer, you’re a Hall of Famer. They let everybody in this thing. It’s not exclusive anymore. And I don’t like it.”

Although Sanders didn’t want to name any specific players who he thinks have watered down the Hall of Fame, when Patrick asked him about Eli Manning, Sanders answered, “You get the point.”

Sanders added that he doesn’t think there should be a minimum number of new Hall of Famers each year. The Hall has enshrined at least six new members in every class since 2006, and Sanders thinks that’s too many.

“It should be based on, ‘Are you that guy?’ Not just because we have to meet a quota,” Sanders said.

Sanders’ comments may not make him popular among some of the Hall of Fame finalists hoping to get voted in on Saturday, but he sees the Hall of Fame as a club that ought to be more exclusive than it is.

------------------

Deion gets it...

• Thanks 2

Troy Aikman. Why didn’t they ask Deon about him? 

I’ve seen some idiots thinking Eli will get in first ballot and defend it with all their might. New Yorkers aren’t too bright 😂

• Thanks 2

Where was all the hootin and a hollering when Ken Stabler got inducted? Jealous haters. The only explanation. 

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Where was all the hootin and a hollering when Ken Stabler got inducted? Jealous haters. The only explanation. 

League MVP Ken Stabler?  All Decade Team Ken Stabler?  though why they put him in posthumous I have no idea.