Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Need a ruling on "mass shooting"

So this just happened a block and a half away from my office:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/police-responding-to-shooting-near-4th-avenue-and-pine-street-reports-of-multiple-victims/

(use private mode to get around paywall) 

The headline in the uber liberal ST includes the phrase "mass shooting":

1 dead and 7 injured, including 9-year-old boy, in mass shooting on sidewalk in downtown Seattle

I'm pretty certain someone here stated the mass shooting criteria was 4 people dead.  Very confused. :dunno:

Oh, and the "gang unit" was on the scene, so there goes that 2A argument.  The location is the most sketchy McDonald's in the world.  Always reminds me of Obi Wan's words of wisdom:

Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DonS said:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/police-responding-to-shooting-near-4th-avenue-and-pine-street-reports-of-multiple-victims/

1 dead and 7 injured, including 9-year-old boy, in mass shooting on sidewalk in downtown Seattle

I'm pretty certain someone here stated the mass shooting criteria was 4 people dead.  Very confused. :dunno:

If you know, were all the injured shot? If it's seven shot and 1 DOA, I'd say it's a mass shooting. If the injuries are from other things no. 

Cyclone's criteria are 4 shot to qualify as a mass shooting. 

The fact that you only have 1 fatality just means the shooter was a terrible shot. 

we have shootings in Massachusetts all the time

58 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You getting bukkaked doesn't count.

Gokkun :wub:

There isn't a true definition...  Some want four people killed, some want four people just shot, some count gang violence, others don't...

A "mass shooting" is whatever you want it to be to fit your agenda...

9 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Depends. What is the race of the shooter? 

If white, mass shooting. If Muslim, terrorism. If black, gangland crossfire. 

HTH

This

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

4 or more shot. I've never said dead.

Good guy showed up right?

I think bad guys ran away.

4 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I think bad guys ran away.

You mean they just left? I've been told that a good guy with a gun is the only thing that can stop this.

Or is this in one of those gun free zones. That must have been it. 

6 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

You mean they just left? I've been told that a good guy with a gun is the only thing that can stop this.

I think it was an argument an then they pulled the guns out, turned their guns sideways, pointed them in the general direction while looking away and running away....if you know what I mean...and I think you do.

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I think it was an argument an then they pulled the guns out, turned their guns sideways, pointed them in the general direction while looking away and running away....if you know what I mean...and I think you do.

Lol....nice.

11 hours ago, DonS said:

don't accept anything posted here as fact..should help with your confusion.

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

don't accept anything posted here as fact..should help with your confusion.

Pssst...  It was sarcasm. 

36 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

You've never been told this, at least not here.  Not once.  Ever.

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

You've never been told this, at least not here.  Not once.  Ever.

Only all the time....oh and it's also constantly pumped out as a national narrative. But no..that's not a thing thats constantly said.

Again it's like I said. If you are somewhere in public and there is a former trained police or military person when the shooting happens? You have a chance because they will probably step in... you who goes to the gun range once a month? You're not stepping in to stop a mass shooting.

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

Only all the time....oh and it's also constantly pumped out as a national narrative. But no..that's not a thing thats constantly said.

it's actually NEVER said.  If you think it is you need to go back to remedial English comprehension class.  And if it's a national narrative you'll be able to easily provide some links.  I won't hold my breath though.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

it's actually NEVER said.  If you think it is you need to go back to remedial English comprehension class.  And if it's a national narrative you'll be able to easily provide some links.  I won't hold my breath though.

I need to actually provide a link to how often only a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun gets said? Are you serious? Do you think I came up with that or just made it up? 

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I need to actually provide a link to how often only a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun gets said? Are you serious? Do you think I came up with that or just made it up? 

Yes, you need to provide a link to "ONLY" a good guy with a gun can stop something like this. 

I'm willing to bet that if the shooter had been arrested prior for carrying without a license the nutjobs in that focked up liberal city would have cut them loose with a summons. Why not carry illegally in these areas? Nothing happens when you get caught. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'm willing to bet that if the shooter had been arrested prior for carrying without a license the nutjobs in that focked up liberal city would have cut them loose with a summons. Why not carry illegally in these areas? Nothing happens when you get caught. 

Yup, like NY:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-gerod-woodberry-bank-robber-federal-court-20200119-332oz24mp5fzrc2t5prgwj2frm-story.html

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Oh, NY is shot. SF east. If it weren't for cold winters.