Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Movie Theaters...

Why does this focking industry still exist? 

I went to see 1917 today. Arrived prior to the showtime. Got treated to 20 minutes of focking commercials. Only one coming attraction in the whole lot. 

Theatre was less than half full, but one d!ck head or another was running their mouth the entire focking time.

The studios need to just start some kind of streaming service or ppv system. I'll pay the same focking price, just let me watch the movie at home so I don't have to sit in a room with a bunch of random ass hole strangers.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I went to see 1917 today. Arrived prior to the showtime. Got treated to 20 minutes of focking commercials. Only one coming attraction in the whole lot. 

Theatre was less than half full, but one d!ck head or another was running their mouth the entire focking time.

The studios need to just start some kind of streaming service or ppv system. I'll pay the same focking price, just let me watch the movie at home so I don't have to sit in a room with a bunch of random ass hole strangers.

Nope..Love the theater...At home doesn't live up to it.

So you had one bad day..get over it millennial.   🤣

I think going to the movies has improved greatly in the past few years.  Pretty much all the theaters in my area are reserved seating now, with a good chunk of those with large recliner seats as well.  Now if we decide to see a movie I can look around for a showtime with available seats in the middle, buy the tickets, and then not worry about showing up until actual showtime. 

As far as commercials go that must vary by theater.  When I saw 1917 last week there were a ton of previews. 

Bad luck when it comes to obnoxious azzholes that ruin a movie. 

I went and saw Uncut Gems a couple weeks ago by myself for a Monday matinee. Was great, me and 2 other people in the theater.

29 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

My father in law once complained about the commercials too...Cause he showed up like a HOUR early.

But he is super old.....

Oh, I misread what you wrote about commercials.  You're talking about BEFORE showtime?  That's been like that for a long time now. Once actual showtime starts is when they show the previews.

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

I think going to the movies has improved greatly in the past few years.  Pretty much all the theaters in my area are reserved seating now, with a good chunk of those with large recliner seats as well.  Now if we decide to see a movie I can look around for a showtime with available seats in the middle, buy the tickets, and then not worry about showing up until actual showtime. 

As far as commercials go that must vary by theater.  When I saw 1917 last week there were a ton of previews. 

Bad luck when it comes to obnoxious azzholes that ruin a movie. 

Pretty much this.  And talking seems to be less of an issue than 10 years ago.  The theaters play PSA's nowadays telling people not to text or talk and it seems to be working.  Of course, the theater I go to is in a nice, middle/upper class area and not the ghetto so that probably helps too. 

I suspect Titans is going to a theater in a third world shithole country.  Can you confirm?

13 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

:lol:

13 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

That really depends on what you have in your home theater, doesn't it?

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

That really depends on what you have in your home theater, doesn't it?

No...it doesn't.   Movie theater is better than a home theater every time..Without exception.

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

No...it doesn't.   Movie theater is better than a home theater every time..Without exception.

My GF and I beg to differ Mr. Crappy home theater. 

:P

1 minute ago, Strike said:

My GF and I beg to differ Mr. Crappy home theater. 

:P

I'm sure.  You probably make the best venison sausage too--bet it doesn't even taste like venison.  

Blah

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I'm sure.  You probably make the best venison sausage too--bet it doesn't even taste like venison.  

Blah

Yup, I call it "Impossible Venison."  Coming soon to a market near you!!!

Between the cost of the movie, the cost of food, and the other people, the only movies worth seeing at the theater are the big budget SFX extravaganzas where the size of the screen makes a difference.

5 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Between the cost of the movie, the cost of food, and the other people, the only movies worth seeing at the theater are the big budget SFX extravaganzas where the size of the screen makes a difference.

This. 

5 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

I disagree.  I would see any movie at a theater over at home...Everytime..Even bad movies.

I have been to the theater less than once a year the last decade.

It is alright, but most the time you are better off being patient and watching at home.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I disagree.  I would see any movie at a theater over at home...Everytime..Even bad movies.

This...

4 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

This...

What, do you guys still have 19 inch 4:3 aspect ratio TV's or something?  

2 hours ago, posty said:

GB Alamo Drafthouse

Yessss. Best damn movie theater in the country! Man I miss those. Excellent food, good beers, and good seating 

As for the movie theater, I love going. I go any time there’s a movie playing. One we go to has the reclining seats with foot rests. Really comfy. No one talks. It’s nice cause at home I have all these distractions that take away from the movie. If you wanna focus on the movie then yea theater is the way to go. I just wish they had an option to rent/stream a new movie that just comes out. Give it a high price tag so it doesn’t completely kill the theater industry 

17 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

As for the movie theater, I love going. I go any time there’s a movie playing. One we go to has the reclining seats with foot rests. Really comfy. No one talks. It’s nice cause at home I have all these distractions that take away from the movie. If you wanna focus on the movie then yea theater is the way to go. I just wish they had an option to rent/stream a new movie that just comes out. Give it a high price tag so it doesn’t completely kill the theater industry 

Yes. Can't have any distractions when you're watching Spiderman 23: Spider-Man vs Mothra.  

39 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Here you go buddy.  I'm sure you'll be running out and subscribing immediately!!!!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-18/first-run-movies-at-home-for-the-ultra-rich-at-just-2-500-a-pop

I hate the regular movie theater.  Mainly because the dirty seats that haven't been dry cleaned in who knows how long.  I think it would be cool if there was a resurgence in drive-in's, I think the Millennial generation would love them.  I've never been to one but that idea of a drive-in sounds so much better than a traditional movie theater.  

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

I hate the regular movie theater.  Mainly because the dirty seats that haven't been dry cleaned in who knows how long.  I think it would be cool if there was a resurgence in drive-in's, I think the Millennial generation would love them.  I've never been to one but that idea of a drive-in sounds so much better than a traditional movie theater. 

Plus you can sneak people in free in the trunk of your car. Parking lot movie party. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Used to go to one in Texas. Was really popular. But it took you a WHILE to get in and out. That’s the only downside 

5 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Still  a lot out there:

https://www.driveinmovie.com/search

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

Still  a lot out there:

https://www.driveinmovie.com/search

All the ones by me are in tiny small towns.. Ocala, Lakeland and I did a google search and they all look like they are ran by carnies.  I'm envisioning something a little more modern looking with a tech friendly atmosphere.  Maybe 1980's neon revolution or steam punk kind of vibes, full arcade, showroom lobby with actual movie props... etc.. it needs to be an entire event not just pull in see the movie and leave. 

4 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Internet forums are almost exclusively filled with introverted people.  It becomes an echo chamber for introverts and you regularly get topics where groups of people complain about having to socialize with others in public.  Movie theaters are a popular topic in this regard.  Maybe you hate people and want to be alone all of the time.  But, tons of people are extroverted and thrill at going to an event with groups of people.  It doesn't sound like theaters are for you.  That doesn't mean we should get rid of them. 

Some people love to go in large groups and shout and scream and have a blast.  What's the problem?

34 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

All the ones by me are in tiny small towns.. Ocala, Lakeland and I did a google search and they all look like they are ran by carnies.  I'm envisioning something a little more modern looking with a tech friendly atmosphere.  Maybe 1980's neon revolution or steam punk kind of vibes, full arcade, showroom lobby with actual movie props... etc.. it needs to be an entire event not just pull in see the movie and leave. 

This was the one we went to

http://driveinusa.com/

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

This was the one we went to

http://driveinusa.com/

Yep that's clean, much more like what I was picturing. Couple theme changes and that would be a huge hit in central FL. One thing they all seem to have in common is the art deco theme and I would get rid of that and go a different route.

13 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Yep that's clean, much more like what I was picturing. Couple theme changes and that would be a huge hit in central FL. One thing they all seem to have in common is the art deco theme and I would get rid of that and go a different route.

Yea we liked it a lot. Like I said though, getting in and getting out takes a while so we always made sure to be there 45 minutes early. Lot of cool little places like that around San Antonio and Austin. Favorite place is where food trucks would pull up and the place had tables, chairs, a bar, music, corn hole, TVs, giant blow up screens for games, etc. Those places are popular and I like those more than anything 

I don’t care for most people, but I still will go to a movie if I’m interested. 

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Yessss. Best damn movie theater in the country! Man I miss those. Excellent food, good beers, and good seating 

The only thing that I don't like about Alamo is that the seats around here are the reclining ones...  They go back a little, but not like the ones in some of the other chains...

7 minutes ago, posty said:

The only thing that I don't like about Alamo is that the seats around here are the reclining ones...  They go back a little, but not like the ones in some of the other chains...

Not the ones I’ve been to. My favorite one had the stadium seating with a little light up under the tables so you could see the menu. 

1 minute ago, Djgb13 said:

My favorite one had the stadium seating with a little light up under the tables so you could see the menu. 

Same here...  I just wish that they were able to recline more, but for the cell phone/talking rules and the service, I can deal with it for the movie length...

great place to masterbate.  :dunno: