Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Looking for a new wing sauce

Commercial or homemade.  Just looking for something different from the spicy garlic, garlic parm, and Asian zing.  I like heat, the kids like the garlic and the wife the Asian.  I'm not into blowing my ass out the next day so not looking for the hottest focking thing in the world.  Give me some of your local favorites.  

30 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Commercial or homemade.  Just looking for something different from the spicy garlic, garlic parm, and Asian zing.  I like heat, the kids like the garlic and the wife the Asian.  I'm not into blowing my ass out the next day so not looking for the hottest focking thing in the world.  Give me some of your local favorites.  

In a sauce ban, 2 sticks butter, Franks hot sauce, at least 1/2 bottle(16 oz) more if you like a little heat, tea spoon cayenne, cook on med heat till a sauce if formed,  add 1 bottle blue cheese salad dressing, 2 table spoons parm cheese, 1 table spoon ground celery seed.  simmer on med heat for 20 minutes, serve warm.  You can refrigerate but always warm up when using.

It's a variation of the standard Buffalo wing sauce combining all the elements you expect to get served when ordering Buffalo wings at a restaurant, blue cheese, celery and suace 

46 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Buffalo Wild Wings caribbean jerk.

I make air fried wings at home and coat it with that.  By far my fave wing sauce.  Walmart sells the bottles..Not sure who else does

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Robert Rothschild Farm Roasted Pineapple & Habanero Sauce (40oz) - Glaze & Finishing Sauce - Sweet & Spicy Sauce for Chicken, Fish, Pork, Shrimp - All Natural, Gluten Free and Certified Kosher

33 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

In a sauce ban, 2 sticks butter, Franks hot sauce, at least 1/2 bottle(16 oz) more if you like a little heat, tea spoon cayenne, cook on med heat till a sauce if formed,  add 1 bottle blue cheese salad dressing, 2 table spoons parm cheese, 1 table spoon ground celery seed.  simmer on med heat for 20 minutes, serve warm.  You can refrigerate but always warm up when using.

It's a variation of the standard Buffalo wing sauce combining all the elements you expect to get served when ordering Buffalo wings at a restaurant, blue cheese, celery and suace 

Sounds really good. Unfortunately my wife is one of those heathens that eats wings with ranch instead of bleu cheese (SACRILEGE!!!) so I doubt I could convince her to give it a try. 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

Sounds really good. Unfortunately my wife is one of those heathens that eats wings with ranch instead of bleu cheese (SACRILEGE!!!) so I doubt I could convince her to give it a try. 

I like your wife.

Blue Cheese is nasty

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

She'll never know, make it and don't tell her it was made with Blue cheese, just tell her its a wing sauce, she can still dip them in ranch even with the sauce on them.

This sauce is also good with Fries

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

I like your wife.

Blue Cheese is nasty

What about your wife?  Potential swap?? 

Just now, DonS said:

What about your wife?  Potential swap?? 

Well, she does like blue cheese....

42 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

Serves 1. 

What does the rest of the family eat?

running around a bit.... can answer after 4p

58 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Buffalo Wild Wings caribbean jerk.

I make air fried wings at home and coat it with that.  By far my fave wing sauce.  Walmart sells the bottles..Not sure who else does

Good choice 

Also, Thai curry sauce they have for wings is good. 

My sister and BILs ain’t restaurant does ALOT of other flavors than BDubs. One of their best is a dry rub my BIL created called Carolina Rub. I know they said years ago they were planning on marketing it for home use but not sure if they did or not. I’ve got a couple small bottles of them at my place though I might could part with one 

to your typical wing sauce (butter and franks), add a little clove and pickapeppa sauce

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

to your typical wing sauce (butter and franks), add a little clove and pickapeppa sauce

And for Heaven’s sake don’t add porcini powder!  🤢

• Haha 1

http://mooresmarinade.com/getattachment/956c8b9a-60c7-4fad-bd11-078c5df740da/Spicy-Habanero-Wing-Hot-Sauce.aspx

This is what I bought last time.  It's pretty good but no spectacular.  

I wish I knew how to explain what I'm looking for.  I want heat, vinegar flavor and garlic of some sort.  

on the shitter, will get back.

4 minutes ago, taco breath said:

sesame teriyaki sauce, off the shelf.

stand alone or add to it.

Interesting.

I make fried green beans with oyster sauce, sugar, soy and salt.  I may have to add this to the recipe.

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Sweet chilli

Dry dusts are awesome...dont need 50 napkins.

wing sauce is so 90's. rubs are where it's at

I used to make my own, but there are store bought available. if you go store bought, you can always enhance them with other flavors you like.

chipotle bbq

thai peanut

korean bbq

hoisin based sauces

mexican rubs

cajun rubs

mesquite rubs

8 hours ago, Meglamaniac said:

This sounds really good.  

25 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Korean bbq would be interesting. 

bibigo  i usually add ginger, garlic, and sambal olek to this

in general sweet baby ray's  is a good base

9 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

and the wife the Asian.  

I guess because that’s the size she is used to?

This place is about 3 hours from me but I take a trip every so often to load up.Although it's more of a BBQ sauce it works great on wings too.He has a few varieties but my fav is called Afterburn,starts out sweet and tangy and then the burn hits but not so bad you can't enjoy it.Word of caution stay away from the Afterburn II made with habaneros.

Black Market

Matter of fact, this thread got me jonesing, so I have a handful of wings ready to go and I will be airfrying them tonight and coating them in the caribbean jerk sauce.

Tater tots as the side..

Mmm...im hungry

38 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Matter of fact, this thread got me jonesing, so I have a handful of wings ready to go and I will be airfrying them tonight and coating them in the caribbean jerk sauce.

Tater tots as the side..

Mmm...im hungry

Dust your tots with jalapeno garlic seasoning.   :thumbsup:

If you don't necessarily want them hot, but you want just a good flavor, I use this:

Killer Bee Honey rub

Then I coat them in my favorite BBQ sauce or Franks and Butter or just eat as is with dipping sauce.

Their Wing Dust line is supposedly very good, but I haven't tried them yet.

31 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

If you don't necessarily want them hot, but you want just a good flavor, I use this:

Killer Bee Honey rub

Then I coat them in my favorite BBQ sauce or Franks and Butter or just eat as is with dipping sauce.

Their Wing Dust line is supposedly very good, but I haven't tried them yet.

One of the reviews...

So I tried this seasoning for the first time a few weeks ago. Man was I in for a treat. Mother-in-laws bday. Bought a few racks of ribs and added this miraculous dust. 3 hours and 12 beers later I served the first plate to my wife’s brother. What did he do? Walked up to his mom and slapped her and walked off. No one knew what was going on. Served my wife a plate and 5 minutes later she walked over to her own mom and slapped the sh!& out of her. I was beginning to freak out. It was my mother in laws bday and she had been slapped twice. I felt terrible for what I had done. I smoked the ribs so good that they slapped their mamma.

:lol: :lol: :lol: