Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Looking for a new wing sauce

Recommended Posts

Commercial or homemade.  Just looking for something different from the spicy garlic, garlic parm, and Asian zing.  I like heat, the kids like the garlic and the wife the Asian.  I'm not into blowing my ass out the next day so not looking for the hottest focking thing in the world.  Give me some of your local favorites.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Commercial or homemade.  Just looking for something different from the spicy garlic, garlic parm, and Asian zing.  I like heat, the kids like the garlic and the wife the Asian.  I'm not into blowing my ass out the next day so not looking for the hottest focking thing in the world.  Give me some of your local favorites.  

In a sauce ban, 2 sticks butter, Franks hot sauce, at least 1/2 bottle(16 oz) more if you like a little heat, tea spoon cayenne, cook on med heat till a sauce if formed,  add 1 bottle blue cheese salad dressing, 2 table spoons parm cheese, 1 table spoon ground celery seed.  simmer on med heat for 20 minutes, serve warm.  You can refrigerate but always warm up when using.

It's a variation of the standard Buffalo wing sauce combining all the elements you expect to get served when ordering Buffalo wings at a restaurant, blue cheese, celery and suace 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Commercial or homemade.  Just looking for something different from the spicy garlic, garlic parm, and Asian zing.  I like heat, the kids like the garlic and the wife the Asian.  I'm not into blowing my ass out the next day so not looking for the hottest focking thing in the world.  Give me some of your local favorites.  

Buffalo Wild Wings caribbean jerk.

I make air fried wings at home and coat it with that.  By far my fave wing sauce.  Walmart sells the bottles..Not sure who else does

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert Rothschild Farm Roasted Pineapple & Habanero Sauce (40oz) - Glaze & Finishing Sauce - Sweet & Spicy Sauce for Chicken, Fish, Pork, Shrimp - All Natural, Gluten Free and Certified Kosher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

In a sauce ban, 2 sticks butter, Franks hot sauce, at least 1/2 bottle(16 oz) more if you like a little heat, tea spoon cayenne, cook on med heat till a sauce if formed,  add 1 bottle blue cheese salad dressing, 2 table spoons parm cheese, 1 table spoon ground celery seed.  simmer on med heat for 20 minutes, serve warm.  You can refrigerate but always warm up when using.

It's a variation of the standard Buffalo wing sauce combining all the elements you expect to get served when ordering Buffalo wings at a restaurant, blue cheese, celery and suace 

Sounds really good. Unfortunately my wife is one of those heathens that eats wings with ranch instead of bleu cheese (SACRILEGE!!!) so I doubt I could convince her to give it a try. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DonS said:

Sounds really good. Unfortunately my wife is one of those heathens that eats wings with ranch instead of bleu cheese (SACRILEGE!!!) so I doubt I could convince her to give it a try. 

I like your wife.

Blue Cheese is nasty

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DonS said:

Sounds really good. Unfortunately my wife is one of those heathens that eats wings with ranch instead of bleu cheese (SACRILEGE!!!) so I doubt I could convince her to give it a try. 

She'll never know, make it and don't tell her it was made with Blue cheese, just tell her its a wing sauce, she can still dip them in ranch even with the sauce on them.

This sauce is also good with Fries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

I like your wife.

Blue Cheese is nasty

What about your wife?  Potential swap?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DonS said:

What about your wife?  Potential swap?? 

Well, she does like blue cheese....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

In a sauce ban, 2 sticks butter, Franks hot sauce, at least 1/2 bottle(16 oz) more if you like a little heat, tea spoon cayenne, cook on med heat till a sauce if formed,  add 1 bottle blue cheese salad dressing, 2 table spoons parm cheese, 1 table spoon ground celery seed.  simmer on med heat for 20 minutes, serve warm.  You can refrigerate but always warm up when using.

It's a variation of the standard Buffalo wing sauce combining all the elements you expect to get served when ordering Buffalo wings at a restaurant, blue cheese, celery and suace 

Serves 1. 

What does the rest of the family eat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

running around a bit.... can answer after 4p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Reality said:

You pay $40 for this stuff?

LOL, that is for 6 bottles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Buffalo Wild Wings caribbean jerk.

I make air fried wings at home and coat it with that.  By far my fave wing sauce.  Walmart sells the bottles..Not sure who else does

Good choice 

 

Also, Thai curry sauce they have for wings is good. 
 

My sister and BILs ain’t restaurant does ALOT of other flavors than BDubs. One of their best is a dry rub my BIL created called Carolina Rub. I know they said years ago they were planning on marketing it for home use but not sure if they did or not. I’ve got a couple small bottles of them at my place though I might could part with one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

LOL, that is for 6 bottles

🤣🤣

My bad, ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to your typical wing sauce (butter and franks), add a little clove and pickapeppa sauce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reality said:

You pay $40 for this stuff?

My first reaction as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

to your typical wing sauce (butter and franks), add a little clove and pickapeppa sauce

And for Heaven’s sake don’t add porcini powder!  🤢

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://mooresmarinade.com/getattachment/956c8b9a-60c7-4fad-bd11-078c5df740da/Spicy-Habanero-Wing-Hot-Sauce.aspx

 

This is what I bought last time.  It's pretty good but no spectacular.  

 

I wish I knew how to explain what I'm looking for.  I want heat, vinegar flavor and garlic of some sort.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, taco breath said:

sesame teriyaki sauce, off the shelf.

stand alone or add to it.

Interesting.

 

I make fried green beans with oyster sauce, sugar, soy and salt.  I may have to add this to the recipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Sweet chilli

Dry dusts are awesome...dont need 50 napkins.

 

wing sauce is so 90's. rubs are where it's at

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to make my own, but there are store bought available. if you go store bought, you can always enhance them with other flavors you like.

chipotle bbq

thai peanut

korean bbq

hoisin based sauces

mexican rubs

cajun rubs

mesquite rubs

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Korean bbq would be interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Meglamaniac said:

In a sauce ban, 2 sticks butter, Franks hot sauce, at least 1/2 bottle(16 oz) more if you like a little heat, tea spoon cayenne, cook on med heat till a sauce if formed,  add 1 bottle blue cheese salad dressing, 2 table spoons parm cheese, 1 table spoon ground celery seed.  simmer on med heat for 20 minutes, serve warm.  You can refrigerate but always warm up when using.

It's a variation of the standard Buffalo wing sauce combining all the elements you expect to get served when ordering Buffalo wings at a restaurant, blue cheese, celery and suace 

This sounds really good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Korean bbq would be interesting. 

bibigo  i usually add ginger, garlic, and sambal olek to this

 

in general sweet baby ray's  is a good base

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

and the wife the Asian.  

I guess because that’s the size she is used to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This place is about 3 hours from me but I take a trip every so often to load up.Although it's more of a BBQ sauce it works great on wings too.He has a few varieties but my fav is called Afterburn,starts out sweet and tangy and then the burn hits but not so bad you can't enjoy it.Word of caution stay away from the Afterburn II made with habaneros.

Black Market

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matter of fact, this thread got me jonesing, so I have a handful of wings ready to go and I will be airfrying them tonight and coating them in the caribbean jerk sauce.

Tater tots as the side..

Mmm...im hungry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Matter of fact, this thread got me jonesing, so I have a handful of wings ready to go and I will be airfrying them tonight and coating them in the caribbean jerk sauce.

Tater tots as the side..

Mmm...im hungry

Dust your tots with jalapeno garlic seasoning.   :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't necessarily want them hot, but you want just a good flavor, I use this:

Killer Bee Honey rub

Then I coat them in my favorite BBQ sauce or Franks and Butter or just eat as is with dipping sauce.

Their Wing Dust line is supposedly very good, but I haven't tried them yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

If you don't necessarily want them hot, but you want just a good flavor, I use this:

Killer Bee Honey rub

Then I coat them in my favorite BBQ sauce or Franks and Butter or just eat as is with dipping sauce.

Their Wing Dust line is supposedly very good, but I haven't tried them yet.

One of the reviews...

 

 

So I tried this seasoning for the first time a few weeks ago. Man was I in for a treat. Mother-in-laws bday. Bought a few racks of ribs and added this miraculous dust. 3 hours and 12 beers later I served the first plate to my wife’s brother. What did he do? Walked up to his mom and slapped her and walked off. No one knew what was going on. Served my wife a plate and 5 minutes later she walked over to her own mom and slapped the sh!& out of her. I was beginning to freak out. It was my mother in laws bday and she had been slapped twice. I felt terrible for what I had done. I smoked the ribs so good that they slapped their mamma.

 

 

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×