Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Hunt with a Blunt

Hunt can't stay out of the news for negative things.

I don't get how you can be driving while high and not getting arrested for it.

"possession of less than 200 grams of marijuana is still a minor misdemeanor in Rocky River"

I give him credit for being under the limit in R.R. oHIo....not sure the league or public opinion will.

So he had less than like  7 oz's.....could have been a few blunts or up to almost 1/2 pound.

With the news of the Browns new GM talking to him about his off  the field problems, looks like if he stays clean , he’ll be back with the team next season, man that’s trouble for ff.  

I was hoping he would move on to another team as a lead back. 

And that would make it less confusing with him and the Chubb garnering touches from one another.  

from a cap management perspective it is perfect.  both backs do well, but neither does well enough (due to not enough carries) to demand a big payday.

That's the ideal place to be.

30 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

from a cap management perspective it is perfect.  both backs do well, but neither does well enough (due to not enough carries) to demand a big payday.

That's the ideal place to be.

Chubb had 298 carries good for third in the league, and the second most rushing yards. What are ya'll even talking about?

298 carries and the second most rushing yards, but if Hunt is good to go week 1 that won’t be the case.  

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

298 carries and the second most rushing yards, but if Hunt is good to go week 1 that won’t be the case.  

This will count against him as a failed drug test, don't know how many that will be for him, but my guess is that he'll probably get a 2-game suspension.  

I think he ends up in Washington.

36 minutes ago, weepaws said:

That's my point.  the combined carries would likely be split in half.

it does not work if one back gets all the carries because then they need to pay him.

53 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

This will count against him as a failed drug test, don't know how many that will be for him, but my guess is that he'll probably get a 2-game suspension.  

I think he ends up in Washington.

If he does miss two games, that’s a lot less then the ten he missed last season.  

I was hoping the Bucs would get him. 

But I would like to see Hunt go to another team, that would help for ff. 

Thanks. 

18 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

it does not work if one back gets all the carries because then they need to pay him.

If they both play for the Browns next season, Hunt we’ll be gaining a much bigger share of the work load.  

Im hoping that he goes elsewhere.  

Not for the teams sake, but I speak of ff sake only.  

Thanks. 

31 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

It wasn't anywhere near split in half last year. Perhaps the new regime will change things up but I doubt it. Chubb is a workhorse back and I doubt that changes. You guys are speculating based on erroneous data.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

If he does miss two games, that’s a lot less then the ten he missed last season.

Hunt was suspended for 8 games in 2019, not 10.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

It wasn't anywhere near split in half last year. Perhaps the new regime will change things up but I doubt it. Chubb is a workhorse back and I doubt that changes. You guys are speculating based on erroneous data.

I'd say, projecting based on talent.  Sure, Chubb is talented, but so is Hunt.  If both guys are in camp on the same day and with a new coach/system, I don't think the coach is going to care who either guy is, as long as they're getting the job done.

Anything is possible, I can tell you that the Cleveland Media is looking at Hunt even being back as a 50/50 proposition. Regardless, barring injury, I predict at least 250 carries for Chubb next year and would be thrilled to take any comers who want to challenge that prediction.

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

hunt missed 8 games.   There is no way it would be split in half unless hunt took all the carries in the last 8 games.

its also a situation where having missed a bunch of time, do you put him into the lineup with a sizeable workload?   likely not.  

You practice him and try to get him into game shape first.  by the time that happened the Browns playoff chances were mostly gone.  

At that point it no longer mattered.   everyone knew the coach was getting fired and the team had (for the most part) quit playing.

I guess that leads to other concerns such as character, but I dont know that Hunt was there long enough to have an effect.   He certainly wasnt the ringleader.

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

hunt missed 8 games.   There is no way it would be split in half unless hunt took all the carries in the last 8 games.

its also a situation where having missed a bunch of time, do you put him into the lineup with a sizeable workload?   likely not.  

You practice him and try to get him into game shape first.  by the time that happened the Browns playoff chances were mostly gone.  

At that point it no longer mattered.   everyone knew the coach was getting fired and the team had (for the most part) quit playing.

I guess that leads to other concerns such as character, but I dont know that Hunt was there long enough to have an effect.   He certainly wasnt the ringleader.

No, you misunderstand. I am only talking about the 8 games that Hunt played. In those 8 games Chubb out carried Hunt 144-43. Even accounting for rust, its not even close. The Browns View Chubb as their best Offensive player and a workhorse RB. I'm not sure what the Browns think about Hunt right now, I just know they are very concerned about his general mental health and well-being. Even if everything goes well for Kareem, new head coach Stefansky has proven he likes to call running plays, more running plays and still more running plays. That bodes well for Mr. Chubb as he has been a high volume back since the second he became a starter. 250 carries should be easy enough, if you disagree that's cool but I'd be happy to make it more interesting....

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Hunt was suspended for 8 games in 2019, not 10.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Indeed. 

Thank you for the correction, i appreciate it. 

Thanks. 

If Hunt is still playing with Browns  in 2020, there is no way I would expect the same production out of the Chubb in 2020. 

I don’t even expect the same production out of Mccaffery in 2020 that he delivered in 2019. 

I not see Mccaffery being the top non ppr rb next season, but he’s in my top five, in which of course makes him worthy of the number over all pick.  

The Chubb is a great talent, and that’s why he was listed by some going into the ff 2019 draft season, has a top,five pick, but Hunt as way to much talent to be ignored by the coaching staff.  

And so I’m hoping that hunt can maintain his off field problems and stay in the nfl, but with another team.  

Thanks everyone l great insite, appreciate you all. 

Sorry everyone, I was thinking KC , but I meant the Browns. 

We draft right after the third preseason game, so I think if you draft late like we do, Chubb could be much better value then if you draft early. 

If Hunt has a very good preseason and it looks like a 60/40 split that I foresee , great value for the Chubb if you draft late. 

If you draft early you’ll be over paying.  

Redraft non ppr.  

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

If Hunt is still playing with KC in 2020, there is no way I would expect the same production out of the Chubb in 2020. 

I doubt if Hunt is still with KC in 2020, since they let him go in 2018.  But yeah, if Hunt is somehow with KC in 2020, Chubb's production should increase.

Thank you for catching that, sorry everyone, I did say KC, when I should have said the Browns. 

Appreciate the correction. 

Thank you. 

• Confused 1

On 2/6/2020 at 3:39 PM, jrokh said:

Anything is possible, I can tell you that the Cleveland Media is looking at Hunt even being back as a 50/50 proposition. Regardless, barring injury, I predict at least 250 carries for Chubb next year and would be thrilled to take any comers who want to challenge that prediction.

I certainly wouldn't rule this out.  With no CBA in place for next season, I'm interested to see how this plays out for all parties involved... NFL, Hunt, and the Browns.  I think that if both RB's are in camp on Day 1, I can see both RB's getting 250+ total touches because I don't think any coach wants the ball in Mayfield's hand.  I have a feeling he's a 1-contract guy in Cleveland.

Hunt didn’t have double digit rush att in any game, now he had a lot of targets in the passin game. 

But if Hunt is still a Brown next season he’ll have more rush att.  

Chubb well have less then 250.