Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Top Gun 2: Maverick - Trailer 1 and 2 :boner:

I feel like I will cry when I see this. A very happy cry, like when I watch old videos of Larry Bird or the 2004 Red Sox or the 2001 Patriots

Homoeroticism at its finest..

I regret to inform you all...you're the ghey.

That is all..

I will probably watch this movie, but my expectations for it are very low.   Not sure if I'll pay money to see it though.

8 hours ago, Strike said:

I will probably watch this movie, but my expectations for it are very low.   Not sure if I'll pay money to see it though.

Not sure I will ever pay money to see another movie. I can wait the couple months and watch

My concern with all movies now is the wokeness levels are so high. 

From the trailers, it looks like they're just trying to refilm the original movie. There's the bar scene, the obligatory shirtless sport scene, the you're in big trouble scene, followed by the only Mav can save the day scene...

At least they got a WAY hotter broad.

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

At least they got a WAY hotter broad.

How long did it take to dig her up?

13 hours ago, edjr said:

Not sure I will ever pay money to see another movie. I can wait the couple months and watch

My concern with all movies now is the wokeness levels are so high. 

Not so much woke but still a political tidbit. I read that Cruise wears the same leather jacket as he did in the original, but in this one the Tiawanese flag is gone...because China would get mad.

Don't get the love for the original or the anticipation for this one.     I thought the original was a monumentally stupid movie.   The bar scene where Cruise and the other aviators start singing "you've lost that loving feeling" alone should have been disqualifying of the entire movie.     Why would anyone be excited for a reboot?    

2 hours ago, Masshole said:

Don't get the love for the original or the anticipation for this one.     I thought the original was a monumentally stupid movie.   The bar scene where Cruise and the other aviators start singing "you've lost that loving feeling" alone should have been disqualifying of the entire movie.     Why would anyone be excited for a reboot?    

It's a sequel, not a reboot.  ;)  

2 hours ago, Masshole said:

The bar scene where Cruise and the other aviators start singing "you've lost that loving feeling" alone should have been disqualifying of the entire movie.     Why would anyone be excited for a reboot?    

Agreed

3 hours ago, Masshole said:

Interesting that it's the bar scene that you found disqualifying and not the volleyball scene...  :unsure:

17 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Interesting that it's the bar scene that you found disqualifying and not the volleyball scene...  :unsure:

Pick your poison.   They are all cringe-worthy awful. . . 

Top Gun is basically "Cocktail in fighter jets", it's that bad.  

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

Pick your poison.   They are all cringe-worthy awful. . . 

Top Gun is basically "Cocktail in fighter jets", it's that bad.  

WRONG AGAIN.

Top Gun came out first...So Cocktail is Top Gun in a bar...not the other way around.  Days of Thunder is Top Gun in Nascar.  All the same movie really, Cocky but undisciplined hot shot, Gets shot at the big time, meet girl, mentor/rival is lost/ Tom takes lesson from rival mentor to get back in the game and win girl back.  

(I watch way too many movies) :( 

If you guys are going to talk badly about Top Gun AND Cocktail? You are really crossing a line I don't want to be part of. What next? :mad: 

The first Top Gun from back however many years ago sucked.

This new Top Gun was pretty darn good. It was even worth putting up with the cheezie references to the first one. They really saved face on this effort.  

I watched this again last night (saw it in theatres). My word what an entertaining movie. 10 out of 10. 

• Like 2

Still have not watched it. :( 

Fantastic movie from beginning to end, you also messed up if you didn't see it in the theater.

Perfect theater movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Fantastic movie from beginning to end, you also messed up if you didn't see it in the theater.

Perfect theater movie.

This

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

Perfect theater movie.

I saw it in the Theater.  Then I saw it in MY theater.  Mine was better in almost every respect.  I'm not saying it's not worth seeing in a theater, but don't discount a GOOD home theater either.

Just now, Strike said:

I saw it in the Theater.  Then I saw it in MY theater.  Mine was better in almost every respect.  I'm not saying it's not worth seeing in a theater, but don't discount a GOOD home theater either.

I have a decent setup, dedicated theater room. It's not better than my local theater. So sure, if you have a better setup than your local theater, good for you.

I'm taking about the other 99.9% of us. The movie is perfect for an actual theater experience. 

2 hours ago, dain11279 said:

I watched this again last night (saw it in theatres). My word what an entertaining movie. 10 out of 10. 

1000%.  This movie is EXACTLY what movie goers are looking for.  Not any of this woke, diversity-checkbox and preaching BS. 

Good stories with good characters - that's all we ask for.

35 minutes ago, Reality said:

Perfect theater movie.

I have a problem with movie theatres nowadays.  Too many rude @ssholes talking to each other as if their hanging out at the club, looking at or talking on their phones, chewing their chips with their mouth wide open and reaching inside the plastic bag (making lots of noise) every 2 seconds and basically ruining the entire experience.

Yeah, I'm old but it seems to me civility and politeness are time tested concepts.