Cdub100

Are you Prepared if SHIF? Prepping

I'm not talking about a secret bunker underground with 5 years worth of food. I'm talking about a more likely scenario, EMP, Virus, major storm that knocks out power for weeks etc...

In 2003 we most of the northeast lost power for 3 days it didn't get too crazy, but gas was hard to come by. If sh1t were to go down and most of the country lost power for a month I could see a lot of people getting into trouble. All grocery stores use JIT inventory management. One missed delivery and the shelves are empty. One run on the store for food and the shelves will be empty. 

What would you do? Gas is already hard to come by so you can't drive all around to find food. How much food do you have in your pantry to feed you in and your family, one week maybe two?

What about water? I must admit I am lacking in my water storage.

**Food**

Over the past few years I've purchased enough food to  have 1 year worth of food for my family. Mostly in products like 

Chef's Banquet 30 Day (330 Servings) Emergency Food Supply / Food Storage Kit

Augason Farms Emergency Food Storage

Wise Company 60 Serving Entrée Only

These last 30 years

**Water**

I have life straws and a couple of filter systems.

There's a stream that runs near my house I will pull water out of and filter. 

I need more water storage containers

**Home protection**

I lost all my weapons in a tragic boating accident. I used to have a rifle, shotgun and handgun and 1000 rounds of ammo for each.

**Partnership**

I have an agreement with a few friends to help each other out. And if things get really bad a place to stay on a farm in Tennesse. 

• Thanks 1

Over the last few years, I bought a little silver as an investment/hobby. I quickly learned there were nutbags out there buying it in case the world ends. That had to be affecting the price at least a little. I hope those same dimwits are still there when I want to sell. :mad:

16 minutes ago, frank said:

Over the last few years, I bought a little silver as an investment/hobby. I quickly learned there were nutbags out there buying it in case the world ends. That had to be affecting the price at least a little. I hope those same dimwits are still there when I want to sell. :mad:

Silver will have value after most people are dead. Barter will be the currency for a long while 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Silver will have value after most people are dead. Barter will be the currency for a long while 

If that ever happens, you will wish you were dead.

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

If that ever happens, you will wish you were dead.

Ok boomer.

it's greta to have options and ample supplies 👍

6 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I have a few cans of spaghetti Os

I'll give you a bullet for them

• Haha 1

Living in earthquake country we always have several cases of bottled water in the garage. Plenty of canned goods in the cupboard. 

G&A on hand to take care of the rest.

As I sit here and :lol: at all the idiots making a run on TP and frozen waffles I just have to laugh.

In a field one summer's day a Grasshopper was hopping about, chirping and singing to its heart's content. An Ant passed by, bearing along with great toil an ear of corn he was taking to the nest.

"Why not come and chat with me," said the Grasshopper, "instead of toiling and moiling in that way?"

"I am helping to lay up food for the winter," said the Ant, "and recommend you to do the same."

"Why bother about winter?" said the Grasshopper; "We have got plenty of food at present." But the Ant went on its way and continued its toil.

When the winter came the Grasshopper had no food and found itself dying of hunger - while it saw the ants distributing every day corn and grain from the stores they had collected in the summer. Then the Grasshopper knew: It is best to prepare for days of need.

• Like 1

If I were to guess I'm probably at about average on the preparedness level. But I'm willing to kill most of my neighbors so that may tip the scales a little 

• Thanks 1

I probably have around 200 lbs of protein in the freezer. Enough sides to go for a good month, maybe 2. Rifle, and 3 shotguns with plenty of ammo. Summer will be here soon and I have 2 gardens. Generator with around 50 gallons of gas in garage.  Lake place with a camper I would head to that is more remote.  Would load up generator, gas, and freezer and take with. One garden is there.  Would also bring smoker. To preserve certain meats. 

8 minutes ago, DuckStupid said:

I probably have around 200 lbs of protein in the freezer. Enough sides to go for a good month, maybe 2. Rifle, and 3 shotguns with plenty of ammo. Summer will be here soon and I have 2 gardens. Generator with around 50 gallons of gas in garage.  Lake place with a camper I would head to that is more remote.  Would load up generator, gas, and freezer and take with. One garden is there.  Would also bring smoker. To preserve certain meats. 

I think my neighbor next door is a prepper I guarantee I could whip his ass...ill just take his stuff. Why reinvent the wheel. I'm lazy.

7 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I think my neighbor next door is a prepper I guarantee I could whip his ass...ill just take his stuff. Why reinvent the wheel. I'm lazy.

Not a prepper. Just have venison, a 1/4 beef, and various other in freezer. You’d kick my ass, as would most,  if I did not shoot you first.  

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

As I sit here and :lol: at all the idiots making a run on TP and frozen waffles I just have to laugh.

In a field one summer's day a Grasshopper was hopping about, chirping and singing to its heart's content. An Ant passed by, bearing along with great toil an ear of corn he was taking to the nest.

"Why not come and chat with me," said the Grasshopper, "instead of toiling and moiling in that way?"

"I am helping to lay up food for the winter," said the Ant, "and recommend you to do the same."

"Why bother about winter?" said the Grasshopper; "We have got plenty of food at present." But the Ant went on its way and continued its toil.

When the winter came the Grasshopper had no food and found itself dying of hunger - while it saw the ants distributing every day corn and grain from the stores they had collected in the summer. Then the Grasshopper knew: It is best to prepare for days of need.

East Africa hoping for an early winter.

Seriously,  if things got this bad... what would celebs and those type of folks do? No survival skills.  99% libs, most pro athletes,  99% of celebs would be sunk.  

They'd try to dial 911 or call the cops.  When that didn't work... what do ya suppose they would do? 

I don't have anything stocked up.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BLS said:

I don't have anything stocked up.

I got you bro, but you touch my TP and I’ll kill ya. 

4 hours ago, kutulu said:

If I were to guess I'm probably at about average on the preparedness level. But I'm willing to kill most of my neighbors so that may tip the scales a little 

Preach

15 hours ago, DuckStupid said:

Wow, you're already getting ready for cannibalism? 

Bought more tonight.  :ninja: I pray I never have to use it.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

How many HUGE purple d!ldos do you need.?

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

How many HUGE purple d!ldos do you need.?

I bought two. One each for Rustys ex wife and current wife to use on each other after I finish.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I pray you think you have to and do, only to emerge years later to find that you didn't have to, and your wife has left you for an Antifa guy who has been elected U.S. president and subsequently sends you to a Yooper concentration camp in Mexico. 

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

I pray you think you have to and do, only to emerge years later to find that you didn't have to, and your wife has left you for an Antifa guy who has been elected U.S. president and subsequently sends you to a Yooper concentration camp in Mexico. 

It's sexy when your wives fight over my tiny pecker. 

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

I bought two. One each for Rustys ex wife and current wife to use on each other after I finish.

Because your twin micopeamuses wouldn't satisfy a flea's bagina.

Just now, Rusty Syringes said:

Because your twin micopeamuses wouldn't satisfy a flea's bagina.

Maybe not but they'd rather get it from me than some antifa loving gay like you. At least that's what they said.  :dunno:

I’m not completely prepared if something happened right now but I do have the skills and knowledge of my area to survive for a while. I have two wood burning fireplaces in my house for heat. I have multiple shotguns and a rifle with ammo for hunting and defense. Plenty of wildlife around for food. Fishing gear and places to fish. Water would be the biggest challenge but I know of multiple springs within 20 miles. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Man with a plan. I like it 

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I’m not completely prepared if something happened right now but I do have the skills and knowledge of my area to survive for a while. I have two wood burning fireplaces in my house for heat. I have multiple shotguns and a rifle with ammo for hunting and defense. Plenty of wildlife around for food. Fishing gear and places to fish. Water would be the biggest challenge but I know of multiple springs within 20 miles. 

20 miles is a long ways away.

I'm concerned about water too. I moved to a new house that doesn't have a creek nearby.

Hopefully my PS5 gets delivered and Bills win Super Bowl before the end of America. 

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

Hopefully my PS5 gets delivered and Bills win Super Bowl before the end of America. 

Is that available to purchase these days or did you order it a while back?

22 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

20 miles is a long ways away.

I'm concerned about water too. I moved to a new house that doesn't have a creek nearby.

20 miles would be the furthest. I know of one that’s only about two mile away. There are more around the area though. Some are trout streams.

One of the plans I thought of was to get a camper and pull it to one of the trout streams. There’s a spot in a valley that can’t be seen from any roads. It has a spring, trout, turkey, deer and plenty of other wildlife. I could survive there for a while. 

57 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

hey jackass there is no such thing as Ex-President, just like there is no such thing as the office of president elect