Patriotsfatboy1

Kobe Bryant - Dead in helicopter crash

7 minutes ago, lod001 said:

How much is his rookie card gong for tonight on Ebay? Looks like we got one asking $149k. a couple brand new listings for 100k.  Strike while the iron is hot.

Highest price sold today is $60K 

I actually have this uncut sheet. https://www.ebay.com/itm/KOBE-BRYANT-96-97-UPPER-DECK-ROOKIE-EXCLUSIVES-UNCUT-SHEET-SEALED-RARE/133316547671?hash=item1f0a491457:g:9zYAAOSwx5VeLgNv

Not sure if I should cut it or save it as is. 

I’ll probably take it to a show where a JSA rep is present and ask their advice.  

44 minutes ago, sderk said:

Why did you highlight a 13 year old girl rather than all of them? You care more about 13 year old girls?

Yes. It's more sad that a child dies than a 41 year old rapist.

Some of you sound like real jealous losers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sderk said:

Bryant was killed to take the mind off of the impeachment defense this week. Pelosi had a hand in on this since after 21+ hours of terrible prosecution arguments it only took about 30 minutes for the defense to make them all look like fools (well, not that they didn't all look like fools in the first place).

30 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Family man? He rape-cheated on his wife with a teenager, then paid them both off to shut them up.  

I don’t wish death on anyone, but let’s not pretend he was always a stand up guy.  

I remember exactly where I was when I found out he was being arrested for raping someone I knew.

There are so many of us that were so close to Kobe, and had so many things in common with.  He was like family to so many of us.   It's no surprise so many people are hurt by this.  He was just like all of us.  Its no wonder celebs like Kobe are so missed.  They are are so close to us in so many ways. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I remember exactly where I was when I found out he was being arrested for raping someone I knew.

Wait.  You know the 19 yr old?  Must be a story. 

45 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Wait.  You know the 19 yr old?  Must be a story. 

You guys know I worked in Vail and Breckenridge.  I was fairly well acquainted with the executive chef at the Lodge and Spa at Cordillera. Coincidentally, before I actually knew him, he was the chef for my wedding in California.  This is in/near Edwards, about 20 minutes away.  I would occasional assist him with certain events and culinary classes he would teach. We would also occasionally grab a drink in town or at our resorts.  I had met and hung out with her several times... I did not know her well, but it is a small town and paths cross.  

I was at a bachelor party at Black Hawk (a little gambling town) with several culinary friends. I worked under one guy my first year out there and by this point he had his own restaurant (Juniper). The county sheriff was a friend of his and he got a text that Kobe was just picked up from the lodge.  I later found out who it was.  Very surprising because she seemed pretty young...maybe 19 or 20.  She acted very different after that. very guarded and reserved.

Edit: Edwards is 1839 miles from fishtown, but this story is real.

• Like 1

Sounds like that helicopter should have never taken off. These things happen every so often to remind others not to be stupid. Apparently some other pilot did not fly that morning because he said the weather was bad. 100% humidity and foggy as heck. Sounds like there was a lot of dumb going on.

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Some of you sound like real jealous losers. 

Jealous of what? Being a rapist and dying in a helicopter crash?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, sderk said:

Jealous of what? Being a rapist and dying in a helicopter crash?

He was accused of a horrible crime 17 years ago, but people tend to move on and even forgive as decades pass. Regardless of how that event seemingly affected you, you should be aware that he was a hero to a lot of people. He had a wife and daughters whose faces we all know well. The daughter that died had been in the news a lot lately as well, with the stories all being very feel good in nature. People are affected. Nobody is asking you to be sad or even show any dignity or class, but there is no reason for you to try and make those that are sad about any of it feel wrong for being so. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

He was accused of a horrible crime 17 years ago, but people tend to move on and even forgive as decades pass. Regardless of how that event seemingly affected you, you should be aware that he was a hero to a lot of people. He had a wife and daughters whose faces we all know well. The daughter that died had been in the news a lot lately as well, with the stories all being very feel good in nature. People are affected. Nobody is asking you to be sad or even show any dignity or class, but there is no reason for you to try and make those that are sad about any of it feel wrong for being so. 

Sorry. After watching what the left did to Kavanaugh and his family based on nothing, I could care less that Kobe’s  actual actions,  vs the made up ones about BK, are brought up 17 years later. They went back to high school for BK. And now we see all these hypocrites all choked up about one of their’s and we are supposed to respect it ? Nah. It’s the world they have created. Too bad. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sorry. After watching what the left did to Kavanaugh and his family based on nothing, I could care less that Kobe’s  actual actions,  vs the made up ones about BK, are brought up 17 years later. They went back to high school for BK. And now we see all these hypocrites all choked up about one of their’s and we are supposed to respect it ? Nah. It’s the world they have created. Too bad. 

Nobody in this thread did anything to Kavanaugh and his family.

And regardless, I guess you’ll need to explain to why anyone that feels badly for the Bryant family is part of the left. It’s a very confusing stance by you. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

You guys know I worked in Vail and Breckenridge.  I was fairly well acquainted with the executive chef at the Lodge and Spa at Cordillera. Coincidentally, before I actually knew him, he was the chef for my wedding in California.  This is in/near Edwards, about 20 minutes away.  I would occasional assist him with certain events and culinary classes he would teach. We would also occasionally grab a drink in town or at our resorts.  I had met and hung out with her several times... I did not know her well, but it is a small town and paths cross.  

I was at a bachelor party at Black Hawk (a little gambling town) with several culinary friends. I worked under one guy my first year out there and by this point he had his own restaurant (Juniper). The county sheriff was a friend of his and he got a text that Kobe was just picked up from the lodge.  I later found out who it was.  Very surprising because she seemed pretty young...maybe 19 or 20.  She acted very different after that. very guarded and reserved.

Edit: Edwards is 1839 miles from fishtown, but this story is real.

Wow.  Remind me to tell you about the time I saw Magic Johnson with a hooker.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Nobody in this thread did anything to Kavanaugh and his family.

And regardless, I guess you’ll need to explain to why anyone that feels badly for the Bryant family is part of the left. It’s a very confusing stance by you. 

I’m responding to criticism of people bringing up his rape case. In my view it’s fair game, based on the actions of the left, you being on the left, in the BK case. Like I said , you and your side created this world. Own it. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m responding to criticism of people bringing up his rape case. In my view it’s fair game, based on the actions of the left, you being on the left, in the BK case. Like I said , you and your side created this world. Own it. 

I didn’t really follow the Kavanaugh case so I don’t know the details... but I won’t be voting for Trump in November, so if you want to blame me for Sderk’s posts, so be it.

As an aside, I haven’t posted on this board much in recent months because I was tired of political stuff. Thank you for reminding me that everything is political here. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Nobody is asking you to be sad or even show any dignity or class, but there is no reason for you to try and make those that are sad about any of it feel wrong for being so. 

. The dead arent immune to ridicule nowadays.  Nor are those that mourn them. Don Imus was raked a few short weeks ago by the left.  And yes, as you say, people who felt sad were made to feel wrong for it.  Imus called girls hos, Kobe choked a girl and raped her.

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'm ok with someone expresising their views about Kobe and the fake rape case, as I just did, but Sderk doing it repeatedly in this thread is him being a total doosh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

I'm ok with someone expresising their views about Kobe and the fake rape case, as I just did, but Sderk doing it repeatedly in this thread is him being a total doosh.

This pretty much. 

18 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I didn’t really follow the Kavanaugh case so I don’t know the details... but I won’t be voting for Trump in November, so if you want to blame me for Sderk’s posts, so be it.

As an aside, I haven’t posted on this board much in recent months because I was tired of political stuff. Thank you for reminding me that everything is political here. 

Not everything, but close. You can thank your side for the current culture war going on. I bet you’re a Kaepernick supporter. And now you complain about politics being dragged into everything. Oh well. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not everything, but close. You can thank your side for the current culture war going on. I bet you’re a Kaepernick supporter. And now you complain about politics being dragged into everything. Oh well. 

Oh well indeed 

16 minutes ago, Strike said:

That "fake" rape case cost him a lot of cash.

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

That "fake" rape case cost him a lot of cash.

I'm not gonna rehash that case in this thread.  I will just say this.  Do you have a link to how much cash it cost Kobe, other than legal costs?  AFAIK that settlement was sealed and it's just as likely that once Kobe's lawyers laid out their case this girl didn't want to be drug threw the mud and settled for pennies.  And without her there was no criminal case.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

I'm not gonna rehash that case in this thread.  I will just say this.  Do you have a link to how much cash it cost Kobe, other than legal costs?  AFAIK that settlement was sealed and it's just as likely that once Kobe's lawyers laid out their case this girl didn't want to be drug threw the mud and settled for pennies.  And without her there was no criminal case.

Why would someone settle if they are innocent? Also, isn't it reasonable that she felt out-lawyered becase he had a few more dollars available than she did?

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Why would someone settle if they are innocent? Also, isn't it reasonable that she felt out-lawyered becase he had a few more dollars available than she did?

So you don't have a link.  Got it.  Start a new thread if you want to rehash this, or look up the old one that already covered all of this.

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

So you don't have a link.  Got it.  Start a new thread if you want to rehash this, or look up the old one that already covered all of this.

Sure. You are correct. I can't prove his innocence. So let's celebrate him. 

28 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I don’t remember all the details of the case and don’t care enough about it to rehash it. But my sense at the time was she wanted something to happen with Kobe and something else she maybe didn’t want also happened. So she settled to not get her name dragged in the mud and he settled to keep the details from getting out.

I didn’t like Kobe for aping all of Jordan’s mannerisms, pretending to be a Philly guy even though he went to a prep school outside the city, and calling himself Black Mamba. And also for being a Laker. The rape stuff was just gravy.

Sorry to hear of his passing though because of his family and he was undeniably an all time great.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Ignorance personified.

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t remember all the details of the case and don’t care enough about it to rehash it. But my sense at the time was she wanted something to happen with Kobe and something else she maybe didn’t want also happened. So she settled to not get her name dragged in the mud and he settled to keep the details from getting out.

I didn’t like Kobe for aping all of Jordan’s mannerisms, pretending to be a Philly guy even though he went to a prep school outside the city, and calling himself Black Mamba. And also for being a Laker. The rape stuff was just gravy.

Sorry to heat of his passing though because of his family and he was undeniably an all time great.

“Pretending to be a Philly guy”!!! Holy Spit! That’s a beauty right there.  You and Digby34 are the two funniest characters around here, no doubt. Wow. 

I read the story about Kobe’s rape situation. If I had to bet, I’d be laying my money against Kobe. She ended up with a bruise on her neck and he admitted he was choking her. That’s a pretty good start right there as far as a rape accusation goes. 

45 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I believe she was pretty well off financially  before she met Kobe.  Trust Fund or  something? 

Maybe Bier can confirm but I thought I read that somewhere.  

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Let’s see how the woke, #metoo easily offended left handles Kobe’s death tonight at the Grammys. Let’s face it, no matter how you slice it, what happened with that 19 year old girl was not cool. 

Hollywood gave the guy a freaking Oscar in the year of #metoo. Musicians ain't gonna to give a shiite about it.

14 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I believe she was pretty well off financially  before she met Kobe.  Trust Fund or  something? 

So maybe the bruises on her neck the size of bryant's hands were real? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strike said:

This x 1000 sderp is a total POS.

On a side note... We were actually out trail running/hiking at Malibu State Creek park, on the Bulldog loop, when it happened, which is only a few miles away. We didn’t see or hear it, but a search and rescue helicopter came up the side of the mountain, low over our heads, on the back half of the trail. We just figured maybe someone got lost. Then we we got in the car to go home, the police had Los Virgenes closed by the freeway entrance. Didn’t find out until we got home, what had actually happened.

Very, very tragic...

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

her family had money.

• Like 1

My momma taught me something when I was 12 years old.  If someone’s in a time of grief or sadness (i.e. death), if you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say nothing at all.

i learned that at 12.  How old are some of you farts? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1