tubby_mcgee

Things everyone should know. Basic life skills.

Just now, supermike80 said:

Well it says kids taught(no) things you should know(yes)

If you cant make your woman orgasm, I'll take care of her

A 15 year old? Because when I was 15 I was with a young girl (15 also).

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

A 15 year old? Because when I was 15 I was with a young girl (15 also).

Like Eddie Murphy says..When I was 15, i was just glad I was focking.  

7 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

6. change a tire

Yeahhhhh, about thaaaat......

I've changed about 10 tires in the last 5 years, It's not always as easy as it sounds nowadays.

Why? Because the newer cars are focking retarded!!!  Plastic bumpers and stuff, sissy little jacks that are cumbersome and can barely hold a load.

Just last week it took my Wife & I a pick, a hammer claw, 3 hours, 2 jacks, 1 flashlight, another vehicle, rocks, logs to change a stinking tire.

It was a Volkswagon on Ice. The jack it came with failed so I had to use another one in unison as well as a log to keep the car from falling a second time onto the exposed brakes / hub. I needed the pick and hammer claw to dig down into the frozen ground about 7 inches to compensate for the lack of height the jacks gave me. Every hub I've ever seen has the lug bolts affixed to the hub, this one did not, so there was no way to hang the wheel while you screw on the lug nuts / bolts. 🤬 Something that should have taken 10 minutes took 3 hours and a chitload of aggrevation.

For men:

BBQ (at least some burgers)

Shotgun a beer

Throw a spiral

Handle a gun

Adjust your junk on the sly so people don't notice

Catch a fish

Play a game of poker

Iron a shirt :ninja: This will not be popular I'm sure

Tie a tie

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Things that kids should be taught/everyone should know.   Like, I don't think everyone needs to know if the Aztecs beat the Incas or Mayans.  Or who the leader of Paraguay was in 1902. 

Things that are important to know:

1. back a trailer. Jeezus fock it pisses me off watching an adult fail trying to back a trailer. 
2. check oil
3. operate ratchet straps
4. operate cordless drill and impact driver. Two basic and common tools that you'll cross paths with at some point.  Either needing to yourself or when helping someone.
5. know the capabilities of a vehicle (so many people, driving a vehicle, have no idea how much snow, mud or water said vehicle will make it through, what kind of hill it will safely go up, what kind of side hill is too much, etc.  Women are especially horrible with this.  Drive into a 3 foot snow drift at 3 miles an hour, then when stuck say "well I didn't know. Its 4 wheel drive so I thought...."
6. change a tire
7. jumpstart a vehicle
8. balance a checkbook (I think this is still relevant---???)
9. file taxes

What else ya got? 

I'd rather hire a boomer

How to:

cook

clean

manage finances

change tire/oil

shake hands

how to address someone

manners (including table manners)

dance

cpr/first aid

sew by hand 

chop wood

start a fire

camp

shoot a gun (including gun safety)

basic computer/internet skills

write a resume

so many more.  It’s simple things but things I’ll teach my kids how to do. Some are important for every day life, some are if they are stranded in the wood, some are for interactions with people. The value of a good handshake has been lost in today’s society 

DJGB, Dance? if you mean like proper dancing I am ok with that, but anything else, WHY?

I agree with the handshake though, the most influential people in my life could break your hand if desired, and it commanded respect from the jump, I liked that

8 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

How to:

cook

clean

manage finances

change tire/oil

shake hands

how to address someone

manners (including table manners)

dance

cpr/first aid

sew by hand 

chop wood

start a fire

camp

shoot a gun (including gun safety)

basic computer/internet skills

write a resume

so many more.  It’s simple things but things I’ll teach my kids how to do. Some are important for every day life, some are if they are stranded in the wood, some are for interactions with people. The value of a good handshake has been lost in today’s society 

You forgot cure cancer and kill Bin Laden

Every kid should have a rudimentary knowledge of how to use tools correctly.

Diff types of screwdrivers, wrenches, maybe even a cordless drill.

I made sure my daughter has used these tools and put  together a small tool set when she first moved out.  

7 hours ago, Big Guy said:

I've changed about 10 tires in the last 5 years, It's not always as easy as it sounds nowadays.

Why? Because the newer cars are focking retarded!!!  Plastic bumpers and stuff, sissy little jacks that are cumbersome and can barely hold a load.

Just last week it took my Wife & I a pick, a hammer claw, 3 hours, 2 jacks, 1 flashlight, another vehicle, rocks, logs to change a stinking tire.

It was a Volkswagon on Ice. The jack it came with failed so I had to use another one in unison as well as a log to keep the car from falling a second time onto the exposed brakes / hub. I needed the pick and hammer claw to dig down into the frozen ground about 7 inches to compensate for the lack of height the jacks gave me. Every hub I've ever seen has the lug bolts affixed to the hub, this one did not, so there was no way to hang the wheel while you screw on the lug nuts / bolts. 🤬 Something that should have taken 10 minutes took 3 hours and a chitload of aggrevation.

Yeah. I had a similar problem once with a BMW. Jack was a pos, the lugnuts were on so tight that I could stand on the tire iron and jump and down on it without them breaking.

When I finally got those off, the freaking aluminum wheel was somehow stuck on to the axle so bad that I had to use a rubber mallet to bash it off.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yeah. I had a similar problem once with a BMW. Jack was a pos, the lugnuts were on so tight that I could stand on the tire iron and jump and down on it without them breaking.

When I finally got those off, the freaking aluminum wheel was somehow stuck on to the axle so bad that I had to use a rubber mallet to bash it off.

Yikes, sounds like fun.

That reminds me about something I overlooked in my original story, I also had to use a sledgehammer to loosen up the lugs. And seriously, no one on Earth could change one of these alone with the tools provided. 

16 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Things that kids should be taught/everyone should know.   Like, I don't think everyone needs to know if the Aztecs beat the Incas or Mayans.  Or who the leader of Paraguay was in 1902. 

Things that are important to know:

1. back a trailer. Jeezus fock it pisses me off watching an adult fail trying to back a trailer. 
2. check oil
3. operate ratchet straps
4. operate cordless drill and impact driver. Two basic and common tools that you'll cross paths with at some point.  Either needing to yourself or when helping someone.
5. know the capabilities of a vehicle (so many people, driving a vehicle, have no idea how much snow, mud or water said vehicle will make it through, what kind of hill it will safely go up, what kind of side hill is too much, etc.  Women are especially horrible with this.  Drive into a 3 foot snow drift at 3 miles an hour, then when stuck say "well I didn't know. Its 4 wheel drive so I thought...."
6. change a tire
7. jumpstart a vehicle
8. balance a checkbook (I think this is still relevant---???)
9. file taxes

What else ya got? 

1: The longer they are, the easier it is.  Troof

5: The smarter they make the cars, the dumber they make the drivers. Sad state :(

8: So not relevant anymore, but it damn well should be.   I had to suffer, so you (the youfs) should have to, also. Plus, you get to learn about finances and stuff. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Actually, your wheel was stuck to the hub, not the axle. Your lugnuts were actually lugstuds (17mm in OD) and were stuck because of stupid over engineering by the Nazis that designed that car. 
Fuk Audi, VW, Mercedes, BMW

Initially you might love the ergonomics, but come resale time, you're screwed.  Mostly throwaway cars by 60k miles.

13 hours ago, Big Guy said:

This 10000 percent.  Christ..there is like 1 little notch to put the jack...crawling around on the ground ...then the friggin tire is seized to the drum and you cant get the tire off even assuming you can get the jack to work.

• Like 1