Sign in to follow this  
2020 Major League Baseball Season

Pitchers and Catchers start reporting on February 12...

Full first-squad workouts begin for some on February 17...

Sixteen days until the 2020 MLB season begins its marathon...

I know I am in the minority here, but:

:banana:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First season without Marty Brennaman :(

UPDATE:

Houston is still studying film.

Yankees are are still looking at who they can buy.

Red Sox are still eating fried chicken and swilling beer.

Rays are still called the Rays instead of the evil Devil Rays.

Oakland will have great young playes that they will trade for prospects.

Dodgers will go to the playoffs and lose.

Cardinals will continue to lose and boast about what a great past and fan base they have.

White Sox can't help but get better cause their is no where to go but up.

Toronto stays in Canada.

SF as always will be covered in shlt.

MLB umpires will wear mics to explain review rulings to fans starting this season

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mlb-umpires-will-wear-mics-to-explain-review-rulings-to-fans-starting-in-2020-181631441.html

Get ready for a bit of the NFL to come to Major League Baseball — and it sounds like a good thing.

Starting in 2020, MLB umpires will reportedly be mic’d up so they can explain to fans in the ballpark and watching at home on TV the results of a challenged call. The news comes to us from ESPN’s Pedro Gomez:

As baseball’s instant-replay and review process has gotten more complex and as new rules become part of the game, this seems like a necessary step to help the viewing experience, both in-person and at home.

Perhaps the best case for adding this to baseball came during last year’s World Series during a controversial inference call in Game 6, in which Washington Nationals speedster Trea Turner was called out after being hit by a throw to first base. Baseball Twitter exploded with everyone seeking answers — and after lots of conferencing, we got a final ruling, but not the full explanation of why.

The onus to get every call right often comes with a lot of huddling between on-field umpires and the review booth back in New York. While umpires make the ultimate call on the field, fans are often left to wonder everything that went into the decision. In the social-media age, that often would lead to fans or broadcasters speculating what umpires were thinking.

In our age of immediacy, fans getting an immediate answer makes a lot of sense.

NL East remains the toughest division in baseball.   3 teams played .600 ball in the 2nd half last year.  

Rangers fans are a bit different....... we usually hope some of our pitchers don't report. :D

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

NL East remains the toughest division in baseball.   3 teams played .600 ball in the 2nd half last year.  

I think it's the NL Central that could be the toughest. 

Actually just got back from Mesa and Cubs fantasy camp.  Always a good primer for the season. Ready for baseball to get rolling!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Actually just got back from Mesa and Cubs fantasy camp.  Always a good primer for the season. Ready for baseball to get rolling!!

Cool...  That sounds awesome!

What kind of stuff happens at fantasy camp?

1 hour ago, posty said:

Cool...  That sounds awesome!

What kind of stuff happens at fantasy camp?

Lots of anal.

Man honestly I'm not sure where to even start. This year eddie Vedder and Chris chelios came to play. So they played baseball with us all week, hung out, drank with us, sang karaoke. One night vedder put on a little concert for us at Sloan park up on this terrace. It's too much fun. 

Definitely check it out. Most teams have one

• Like 1

If the Mariners keep me interested until football training camp starts then I consider it a successful year.  Sadly that's an awful lot to ask. 

Just now, cyclone24 said:

Lots of anal.

Man honestly I'm not sure where to even start. This year eddie Vedder and Chris chelios came to play. So they played baseball with us all week, hung out, drank with us, sang karaoke. One night vedder put on a little concert for us at Sloan park up on this terrace. It's too much fun. 

Definitely check it out. Most teams have one

👍

i'm ready for football season.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

i'm ready for football season.

This time of year stinks. No good sports until March Madness.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

This time of year stinks. No good sports until March Madness.

There is plenty of ice hockey on...  Plus the conference games are great to watch as well...

1 minute ago, posty said:

There is plenty of ice hockey on...  Plus the conference games are great to watch as well...

Good point on the conference championships especially for the smaller schools. I like to gamble on football. College basketball and the NBA are harder to bet on imo.

4 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The white Sox may be competitive finally. It's been damn near since they won the world series

Send me an IM.  Says you can’t receive any. 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Is anyone going to watch the XFL?

What’s their halftime situation? 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Who gives a shiit about halftime?

Just kidding around. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just kidding around. 

It would be pretty awesome if the XFL didn't have a halftime and just got the second half started right away.  I've hated halftime since when I played in high school.  If it takes long enough that everyone has to stretch again then it takes too long.

Rays Report

was sad to see Tommy Pham traded but this is what the Rays do. Brought back Hunter Renfroe. It’s hard for me to ever question their trades. They almost always work out save for when they dealt Wil Myers to San Diego and he had an immediate all star season (but he’s been disappointing since). 

Morton, Snell and Glasnow are one of the best top three SPs a team can offer in baseball. 

Austin Meadows turning into a star and The Outlaw is still one of the best defensive center fielders in the game. 

im expecting 88-92 wins and a wildcard bid

Reading about some interesting prop bets on the number of times Astros get hit by pitches this year. It's going to be fascinating to see how personally the other players take the cheating. You'll earn a fastball to the ribs for flipping your bat, I find it hard to believe that setting up an elaborate cheating routine where you steal a World Series from the other teams is going to go unpunished.  Commissioner Manfred has already met with several teams , warning them against any kind of retribution. But it's Manfred who failed to suspend a single player. Teams like the Yankees and Dodgers aren't too happy with these guys wearing buzzers and listening for garbage can lids to steal games from them.   

They may have actually found something to make baseball fun to watch before October. 

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Reading about some interesting prop bets on the number of times Astros get hit by pitches this year. It's going to be fascinating to see how personally the other players take the cheating. You'll earn a fastball to the ribs for flipping your bat, I find it hard to believe that setting up an elaborate cheating routine where you steal a World Series from the other teams is going to go unpunished.  Commissioner Manfred has already met with several teams , warning them against any kind of retribution. But it's Manfred who failed to suspend a single player. Teams like the Yankees and Dodgers aren't too happy with these guys wearing buzzers and listening for garbage can lids to steal games from them.   

They may have actually found something to make baseball fun to watch before October. 

That's mostly talk.  I'm sure it will happen some, but the Astros pitchers will definitely definitely retaliate if it does. 

The whole thing is a joke. Manfred is worse than Goodell. 

Severino done for the year. Feels like 2019 all over again. Time to trade Andujar. 

Aww poor Yankees 

On 2/18/2020 at 4:23 PM, The Observer said:

Too bad Fiers didn’t go to the NL

On 1/27/2020 at 11:26 AM, Utilit99 said:

UPDATE:

Toronto stays in Canada.

Well, duh. It's not like you can move a whole city.

Sorry, just channeling my inner frank.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Good move on his part.  Should've decided this a month ago though.

Agree.  Now is the time to do it.  Even if (and I hope) there is a season, you’re going to have a shortened one, so he won’t be missing quite as much.