WhiteWonder

2020 Season Discussion

I don’t think we should wait that long, I just looked back at last years threads. Maybe we can start rolling for draft order ASAP? And plan to start the draft Monday March 2nd? We could then do the supp order and start the supp March 23rd...

- roll dem bones 2/20

- round 1 begins 3/2

- supp order generated as we are nearing the end of the draft....

- supp begins 3/23

seem good? If that’s cutting the supp too close to the start of the season then we may want t bump everything up a week which means starting the draft this coming Monday 

• Like 1

can we get the as supplemental added to the schedule so no one misses it? :ninja:

• Haha 2

So who is the commissioner that is going to setup the stuff here?  The draft threads, rolling them bones, etc.?  Who has edit ability in threads?  I know I still have the edit ability...  I think lambert and cmh do as well...  Are there others?

@GuardBum has been doing it the past few... i think

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

@GuardBum has been doing it the past few... i think

I can step up and do it/help out if people are busy and/or don't want to do it...

I’ll start a thread for rolling and someone can pin it. 

ill

leave the draft round threads to someone else

Posty that'd be great.  I'll help where I can as I'm sure cmh and lambert will as well.  I finally got my access at my new job.  The last couple days have been a blur.  When for weeks I was struggling to find something to do, now I'm learning the new processes (and the new roles each day) that they are giving me.

23 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

Posty that'd be great.  I'll help where I can as I'm sure cmh and lambert will as well.  I finally got my access at my new job.  The last couple days have been a blur.  When for weeks I was struggling to find something to do, now I'm learning the new processes (and the new roles each day) that they are giving me.

I will be glad to help with entering draft picks again. 

Looks like my moderator permissions here only allow for pinning and unpinning.  Can't edit others threads anymore.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 3:59 PM, GuardBum said:

WW I think that schedule should work well.

@GuardBum under each post, mine shows quote, edit, options...

17 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

@GuardBum under each post, mine shows quote, edit, options...

Ah, got it.  The layout changed from last year.  I could just edit titles before from the header not just at the bottom of the post.  

And ted has been contacted and replied.  He'll be in later once he has a chance.

On 2/20/2020 at 1:07 AM, WhiteWonder said:

I don’t think we should wait that long, I just looked back at last years threads. Maybe we can start rolling for draft order ASAP? And plan to start the draft Monday March 2nd? We could then do the supp order and start the supp March 23rd...

- roll dem bones 2/20

- round 1 begins 3/2

- supp order generated as we are nearing the end of the draft....

- supp begins 3/23

seem good? If that’s cutting the supp too close to the start of the season then we may want t bump everything up a week which means starting the draft this coming Monday 

I like the fact we are starting early as the above schedule had the supplemental going 3 days before regular season games. 

if we slowly make a little progress before March 2nd then we can easily push that supplemental start date up a week. 

• Like 1

I haven't done any research yet.  I'll th and work on this tonight or tomorrow.

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I haven't done any research yet.  I'll th and work on this tonight or tomorrow.

Slacker

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Slacker

😂

Burt may be holding out until Monday but just in case he isn’t aware we kicked off

@Burt  otc

wtf!@!@!@!????

who the hell are these guys?  We're going to suck this year.  Just looked at the pitchers on the Royals 40-man, and only three are eligible to another team.  All these dudes, most of which I haven't heard of, are exclusives:

Chance Adams - exclusive

Scott Barlow - exclusive

Scott Blewett - exclusive

Danny Duffy - exclusive

Foster Griffin - exclusive

Jesse Hahn - exclusive

Carlos Hernandez - exclusive

Tim Hill - exclusive

Jake Junis - exclusive

Brad Keller - exclusive

Ian Kennedy - exclusive

Jorge Lopez - exclusive

Richard Lovelady - exclusive

Kevin McCarthy - exclusive

Mike Montgomery

Jake Newberry - exclusive

Randy Rosario

Eric Skoglund - exclusive

Glenn Sparkman

Gabe Speier - exclusive

Josh Staumont - exclusive

Stephen Woods, Jr. - exclusive

Kyle Zimmer - exclusive

don't count on us to win too many games this year, me or the real team :bench:

sh!t, same can be said for my positional players.  Only guy not exclusive here is Soler:

Ryan McBroom - 1B

Ryan O'Hearn - 1B

Whit Merrifield - 2B/ OF

Nicky Lopez - 2B

Hunter Dozier - 3B

Kevin Gutierrez - 3B

Maikel Franco - 3B

Aldaberto Mondesi - SS

Jeison Guzman - SS

Salvador Perez - C

Cam Gallagher - C

Meibrys Vilaria - C

Alex Gordon - OF

Bubba Starling - OF

Brett Phillips - OF

Nick Heath - OF

Jorge Soler - OF

:eek:

well, I got my top 2 targets.  Lineup doesn't look bad but my pitching is going to be terrible:

C Perez

1B Hosmer

2B Merrifield

SS Mondesi

3B Moustakas

OF Dozier

OF Cain

OF Soler

The utility spot is kind of a scrap heap, but maybe someone will step up.

I got ahold of Burt on Facebook, and he said he's traveling and not able to look at anything until this weekend.  I told him no worries as we weren't officially starting until Monday, just thought I would share so everyone doesn't have to keep checking.

No worries I sort of figured when we got to burt we would stall on any early action. I think in past years even when not traveling he still prefers to wait if an initial start date has already been established

Sorry, I was already on the road when yall decided to begin early.  But just out of curiosity, why set Day A as the start date and then begin on Day B?  Why not just set Day B as start date?  lol

5 hours ago, Burt said:

Sorry, I was already on the road when yall decided to begin early.  But just out of curiosity, why set Day A as the start date and then begin on Day B?  Why not just set Day B as start date?  lol

Then we would start on Day C...

5 hours ago, Burt said:

Day A was hard start date. Starting before was just an option most people decided to take since the season starts March 26th I think. Wasn’t mandatory, obviously

Eesh, I wonder if this is what you feel @WhiteWonder...  After the exclusives, there ain't much...  Castro and Ramos as my first two picks?  Yucky...

4 minutes ago, posty said:

Eesh, I wonder if this is what you feel @WhiteWonder...  After the exclusives, there ain't much...  Castro and Ramos as my first two picks?  Yucky...

For a team that doesn’t have much it’s even worse when I lose out on 3 of my top 5 in price, Pham and Ramos before my second pick. 

I’ll probably detail that in the gripe thread but it’s was a really bad roll and draft position for me

i debated taking Ramos in round 1 and hoping burt would not be looking at Morton but couldn’t risk that

I'm in DC this week but have my list with me.  Does someone want my cell number in case my turn comes up?

the F is going on? how is my list getting destroyed so quickly? with players i was looking at for round 4 possibly

59 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

the F is going on? how is my list getting destroyed so quickly? with players i was looking at for round 4 possibly

Sorry man, had to grab me some SPs while they were available. I didn't like my odds with being the first pick of any of the ones left to me still being available. Not sure how much I trust Eovaldi though, might have been a bad move. 

I've lost 7 players in the first 31 picks.

5 in the first 28

I have only lost Rendon...  Not sure how that makes me feel at the moment...  Either it shows that the stronger players for the Nats stick around or go to teams not in the league or I have not created a cheat sheet worth anything...

2 hours ago, posty said:

I have only lost Rendon...  Not sure how that makes me feel at the moment...  Either it shows that the stronger players for the Nats stick around or go to teams not in the league or I have not created a cheat sheet worth anything...

It’s the former. You have tons of exclusives and then the luxury or filling in positions other teams can’t afford to use a first rounder on (ex Wilson Ramos

I was hoping to grab Morton > Price but the dodgers picked after me and got enough players sniped (Grienke Machado) right before him that I lost out. Knew Pham was gone. And knew Ramos was gone when the nationals drew after me in round 1. So I ended up with my #1 and #5 and then had to reach for a catcher option to pair with Zunino. It’s been rough

i went from being very excited prior to rolling the bones thinking I had some nice but not amazing options that others might not want to now being ready for this draft to be done 🤮

Sorry for the delay, been pretty much off grid traveling and had my son pick for me until now, I'll need some time to bone up

Fiddlesticks...  Took a chance that dcb wouldn't take Daniel Murphy and I could get him...  Oh well...