WhiteWonder

2020 Season Discussion

7 hours ago, lambert58 said:

I just bought RBI baseball on XBox so I could have some type of baseball.  

Used to love RBI Baseball on the NES.  :banana:

22 hours ago, lambert58 said:

I just bought RBI baseball on XBox so I could have some type of baseball.  

Not a bad idea hahaha

I started playing Tap Sports Baseball 2020 on my phone yesterday...  Which is weird because I usually don't have many apps on my phone...

big blow for the cubs

No

summary:

Royals will blow.

All I know is Goldschmidt hot 7 homeruns in a double header tonight on XBox.   Unfortunately Waino Gave up 11 in 2-1/3...

just lost Chris Archer.

Lookin' to be a 60-game season.  Is Yahoo still doin' this?  Is we?  🤔

3 hours ago, Mookz said:

Lookin' to be a 60-game season.  Is Yahoo still doin' this?  Is we?  🤔

I think Yahoo will still try, not sure what the hell they will do though...  They probably have to wait for the schedule to come out to see how things will be played out...

Got to love having three players opt-out for the season...  Though Zimmerman isn't a real loss IMO and probably the same for Ross...  As for Desmond, he probably won't be much either since he won't be playing at Coors...

I'm starting to think this entire season might just be a lost cause.

28 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm starting to think this entire season might just be a lost cause.

I have expected it to fail from the start. The fact the US has decided to botch the handling of the virus so magnificently only increased that certainty.

I wouldn't have a problem with just canceling the season...  Even if they do play, I would be all for canceling the homers league this year...

Good grief, sometimes Yahoo is just stupid...  Their "notes":

Due to the reduced number of games played during All Star week, innings-pitched requirements are waived from Thursday, Jul 9 through Sunday, Jul 19. Active pitchers will be credited with all stats earned during this period regardless of total innings pitched, although at least one pitching appearance is required to win ERA and/or WHIP.

Breaking news from the geek bored is that gratefulted has passed away.  :(

Yes I'm his Facebook friend and someone posted he passed awayJune 12 :(

RIP ted...

Maybe we should cancel the league this year??  Going to be tough to find a replacement...

17 hours ago, Mookz said:

Breaking news from the geek bored is that gratefulted has passed away.  :(

😢

Holy crap

My personal suggestion would be to see if there is a dodgers fan interested in taking over the team for this shortened season. 

if not, we can cancel and regroup next year. I think we’ve all been looking forward to this as a sign of normalcy but it certainly won’t feel normal. 

also propose to change the league name if allowable to Geek Homers GT. 

I'm still up for it if we can figure out a way to do it.  B)

Wow. I've avoided the boards for months now because they've just become intolerable. That really sucks to hear.

Do we want to see if someone can manage Ted's team in his absence?  I kind of hope the dodgers win this league and the crappy 2020 ws for him...

Holy cow. RIP Ted.  Just sad news.  I’m open to whatever for the league.  I’m still not sure it will even be played.  

Oh wow, just got on here for once. So sad to hear of Teds passing, this year has just sucked! I agree with moving forward if we can find someone to take over for him but if not we can cancel altogether. Rest in peace Ted.

Maybe if there's someone else who is not into it this year because of the circumstances, inactivate their team and the Dodgers (but freeze all their players) so we still have an even number of teams?  Or maybe make playing the Dodgers a "bye" week, and set the scores manually to 9-9?  🤔

Easiest way would definitely be to have someone take over the Dodgers, but I'm not sure how realistic that is at this point (unless it's cdub :ninja:).

Gotta be some way we can still do this.  :(

1 hour ago, Mookz said:

Maybe if there's someone else who is not into it this year because of the circumstances, inactivate their team and the Dodgers (but freeze all their players) so we still have an even number of teams?  Or maybe make playing the Dodgers a "bye" week, and set the scores manually to 9-9?  🤔

Easiest way would definitely be to have someone take over the Dodgers, but I'm not sure how realistic that is at this point (unless it's cdub :ninja:).

Gotta be some way we can still do this.  :(

You can't set the scores manually to make it 9-9, the commissioner can't do that, plus that would be a little unfair IMO...

I don't play the Dodgers during the regular season...  If no one would care, I can take it over and do two teams, it doesn't matter to me...  Just throwing that out...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, posty said:

You can't set the scores manually to make it 9-9, the commissioner can't do that, plus that would be a little unfair IMO...

I don't play the Dodgers during the regular season...  If no one would care, I can take it over and do two teams, it doesn't matter to me...  Just throwing that out...

Yep I agree it would be unfair due to the unbalanced schedule.  But then I thought, invariably there is a team or two who stops setting their lineup in a normal year which kind of unbalances things anyway.  But if it can't even be done, then it's not an option.

For the record, I would be good with you managing the Dodgers.  :thumbsup:

I say we let Ted's team ride it out.   One last hurrah for Ted!  Its the team he drafted.  It wouldn't feel right someone else running it. 

Edit - unless its one of us making minor adjustments for injuries or covids.

On 7/17/2020 at 5:42 PM, Burt said:

I say we let Ted's team ride it out.   One last hurrah for Ted!  Its the team he drafted.  It wouldn't feel right someone else running it. 

Edit - unless its one of us making minor adjustments for injuries or covids.

Yarp, and that's really just a matter of degree in what poasty would be willing to do for us.  He could either run the team full-steam like it's his own, or just tweak it when necessary to keep the lineup in compliance.  

40 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Yarp, and that's really just a matter of degree in what poasty would be willing to do for us.  He could either run the team full-steam like it's his own, or just tweak it when necessary to keep the lineup in compliance.  

If I had the team, I would probably run it closer to my own team...  I would definitely play starters and pitch starting pitchers that were scheduled...

I would have to do some research on Dodger players still in the league, but that shouldn't be too difficult if the spreadsheet I have still works well...

I don't think one can own two teams with the same email address, so I would "borrow" my daughter's yahoo account and assign the team to that email address if this is the route that we want to all go...

• Like 1