Sign in to follow this  
TBayXXXVII

Corruption in San Francisco...

Who's shocked?

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/san-francisco/san-francisco-public-works-director-arrested-on-suspicion-of-public-corruption/2222125/

A top San Francisco public official and go-to bureaucrat to mayors over two decades was charged with public corruption Tuesday, upending City Hall as elected leaders scrambled to reassure the public that bribery and kickbacks would not be tolerated.

The complaint unsealed against San Francisco Public Works Director Mohammed Nuru and longtime restaurateur Nick Bovis focuses on an aborted attempt in 2018 to bribe a San Francisco airport commissioner for retail space.

It also alleges other schemes in which Nuru is accused of trying to help his friend score contracts to build homeless shelters and portable toilets, along with a restaurant at the city’s new $2 billion transit station.

Nuru is also accused of accepting free labor at his vacation home and a John Deere tractor as well as lavish gifts from a developer, including a $2,070 bottle of wine.

"The complaint alleges corruption pouring into San Francisco from around the world," said David L. Anderson, U.S. attorney for the Northern District of California. "San Francisco has been betrayed as alleged in the complaint."

Nuru, 57, appeared in federal court Tuesday along with Bovis, the owner of Lefty O’ Doul’s, a popular sports bar in Fisherman’s Wharf, and other city businesses. Each was released after posting $2 million bail.

Nuru’s attorney, Ismail Ramsey, said his client has been a dedicated public servant for decades and was grateful to have worked at Public Works. "Mr. Nuru welcomes and looks forward to addressing these charges in court," he said.

More in the link.

It’s always in Cali or New York where this stuff occurs. NY especially. All the people there including their leaders are sh1tty. 

6 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

It’s always in Cali or New York where this stuff occurs. NY especially. All the people there including their leaders are sh1tty. 

Don't sell California short. 

Dianne Feinstein had a Chinese spy as a chauffeur for decades. I'm sure she had no idea. 😉

Leland Yee was an anti-gun Democrat Senator busted for running guns for Chinese gangs. 

New York has nothing on Cali when it comes to corruption. 

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Don't sell California short. 

Dianne Feinstein had a Chinese spy as a chauffeur for decades. I'm sure she had no idea. 😉

Leland Yee was an anti-gun Democrat Senator busted for running guns for Chinese gangs. 

New York has nothing on Cali when it comes to corruption. 

Is that actually true (I believe you just never heard it before)? 

50-75 years ago you would've hung for that (Feinstein).

We've lost the ability to governor ourselves.

43 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Is that actually true (I believe you just never heard it before)? 

50-75 years ago you would've hung for that (Feinstein).

We've lost the ability to governor ourselves.

Is what actually true?

Did DiFi have a Chinese spy as a chauffeur? Yes.

Did Leland Yee get busted for trying to smuggle in automatic weapons and RPG's for Chinese gangs in the Bay Area? Yes

DiFi suffered no consequences. Yee got some prison time. 

6 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Is what actually true?

Did DiFi have a Chinese spy as a chauffeur? Yes.

Did Leland Yee get busted for trying to smuggle in automatic weapons and RPG's for Chinese gangs in the Bay Area? Yes

DiFi suffered no consequences. Yee got some prison time. 

I was talking about the Chinese spy, I mean if that isn't treason I don't know what is

8 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I was talking about the Chinese spy, I mean if that isn't treason I don't know what is

Well, she claimed to have no knowledge of that fact and Obama's DOJ wasn't going to investigate anything so....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Or Chicago. Or new orleans. And the Nashville mayor recently got fired, but that was mostly for focking her bodyguard. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Or Chicago. Or new orleans. And the Nashville mayor recently got fired, but that was mostly for focking her bodyguard. 

Oh those are corrupt. Just Cali and NY are more corrupt 

11 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Seattle says "hold my beer" to Nashville. 

Previous mayor was Ed (aka PEd) Murray.  Openly gay mayor who finally resigned a couple of months early before 2nd term was up as lawsuits from dudes he previously FOSTERED accused him of sexual nastiness.  Not little kids but troubled gay teenagers with drug issues.

He was deflecting claims by character assassination as the one bringing original lawsuit is now a homeless dude who had spent some time in jail. 

He finally resigned once his own cousin accused him of the same thing. The kicker is that the Seattle Times had received documents several years prior from Oregon where the foster kid abuses occurred. Documentation showed that he was blocked from fostering any other youths due to sexual misconduct.  ST finally revealed the docs once cousin came forward. 

The awesome part is that Seattle taxpayers got to foot a large part of his legal fees. 

More details here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Murray_(Washington_politician)

Five people have accused Murray of sexual abuse.[3] In April 2017, a lawsuit against Murray[22] claimed that Murray "raped and molested" a teenager in 1986, paying cash for sex to a high-school dropout addicted to crack-cocaine.[23] Two other men made similar allegations in 2007, including a foster son who said Murray sexually assaulted him in 1984 while he was a teenager. He also spoke with a child welfare investigator and detective at the time, and persuaded the investigator that Murray had sexually abused him; however, no charges were filed.[24] [25]

Through a spokesman, Murray denied the allegations, describing them as falsehoods intended to prevent his re-election.[26] Later, Murray's lawyer stated that Murray had undergone a medical examination that disproved a claim about his genitals, arguing the lawsuit should be dropped.[27]

On September 12, 2017, Murray's cousin accused him of sexual abuse when the two teens shared a bedroom in the mid-1970s. Later that day, Murray denied the new allegation, and announced his resignation, effective the next day.[28]

After his resignation, Amnesty Internationalasked the Police Service of Northern Irelandto open an investigation into Murray's 1974 trip to Belfast and Wales, which involved chaperoning 30 Catholic and Protestant children.

16 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

It’s always in Cali or New York where this stuff occurs. NY especially. 

FYI, Illinois and Louisiana are at the top of the list.

11 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Megan Christine Barry[1] (née Mueller; born September 22, 1963) is an American businesswoman and politician,[2] who served as the seventh mayor of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County[3] from 2015 until March 6, 2018, when she resigned after pleading guilty to felony theft related to an extramarital affair with a city employee who had served as the head of her security detail.[4] Barry is a member of the Democratic Party.

What is "felony theft related to an extramarital affair"?

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Megan Christine Barry[1] (née Mueller; born September 22, 1963) is an American businesswoman and politician,[2] who served as the seventh mayor of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County[3] from 2015 until March 6, 2018, when she resigned after pleading guilty to felony theft related to an extramarital affair with a city employee who had served as the head of her security detail.[4] Barry is a member of the Democratic Party.

What is "felony theft related to an extramarital affair"?

My guess is that she was having an affair, and the guy she was having the affair with and her, committed some kind of felony theft.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

My guess is that she was having an affair, and the guy she was having the affair with and her, committed some kind of felony theft.

I was thinking maybe she was stealing large amounts of cash from her husband and spending it on her new boy toy. Just kind of odd wording is all whereas one is a crime and the other is just a moral breakdown.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They were taking trips together on the taxpayer dime. 

11 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

They were taking trips together on the taxpayer dime. 

In that case, apparently justice was served.  Any time a government official uses public money for their own personal benefit, then adios.