frank

Liquor prices

Local state liquor store. 

Jim Beam

Miniatures (50 ml) pack of 10 = 500 ml for $9.90

357 ml bottle $9.99

750 ml bottle $17.99

:dunno:

Fifth of Titos is 22 here. Supposedly IL has cheapest liquor prices and beer prices in the country because they tax everything from Sunshine to air, but for some reason not alcohol? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frank said:

Local state liquor store. 

Jim Beam

Miniatures (50 ml) pack of 10 = 500 ml for $9.90

357 ml bottle $9.99

750 ml bottle $17.99

:dunno:

what's your point, buy the little ones?

evan williams green bourbon. $13 1000 ml here.

30 minutes ago, taco breath said:

what's your point, buy the little ones?

evan williams green bourbon. $13 1000 ml here.

Yes. You would expect to pay less per ml for bigger bottles. I’m pretty sure you can even buy single miniatures for $.99. 

Liquor is expensive as fock here in WA as they toss a sh1t ton of taxes on every purchase.  You never really know the damage until you get to the register.

The only hard alcohol I tend to purchase is single malt scotch. Best price is Costco (shocking).  A bottle of Laphroaig 10 runs me about $61 after all the fock you fees.  How much does that cost in other geek locales? 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, DonS said:

Liquor is expensive as fock here in WA as they toss a sh1t ton of taxes on every purchase.  You never really know the damage until you get to the register.

The only hard alcohol I tend to purchase is single malt scotch. Best price is Costco (shocking).  A bottle of Laphroaig 10 runs me about $61 after all the fock you fees.  How much does that cost in other geek locales? 

You just named my absolute favorite scotch. 

49.96 minimum in Michigan.  Everywhere.  Cause the state sets the price

Here.  You can price shop everything with Michigan if youd like.

https://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-89334_10570_14173_15087---,00.html

18 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Is that base price or final?  Looks like the base price of $50 is comparable but like I mentioned the various add-ons is what drives up the final cost here.

Edit: I know what I'm drinking tonight! :cheers:

20 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

The state sets the shelf minimum price in Michigan but not the price a store can sell it for.  Not anymore.  They did years ago but that changed.

eta:  Until now I never knew that everyone had access to the price book.  Crazy.  I thought you had to sign in to access that.

7 minutes ago, fandandy said:

The state sets the shelf minimum price in Michigan but not the price a store can sell it for.  Not anymore.  They did years ago but that changed.

eta:  Until now I never knew that everyone had access to the price book.  Crazy.  I thought you had to sign in to access that.

Right.  State will let you charge more than the min. But any store that does doesnt get my business. 

That price is base.  Add 6% sales tax

38 minutes ago, DonS said:

$51.99 plus tax, so about $55.10. 

I just looked at my receipt from the miniatures. We only pay 6% tax. :banana:

A dirty 30 of Busch Light in North Dakota  is 17.99 on sale.  In Minnesota a 24 pack is 21.99.  :mad:

4 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Sh1t.  Need to buy some more. :(

https://postimg.cc/R3Tphzhr

Did you register for your official square foot of land on Islay?   They used to do a thing where you'd earn points for every bottle you purchased.  Each bottle comes with a code that you'd redeem on their website.  Stockpile enough points and use it towards branded stuff. That's how I ended up with the sweet crystal tasting glass in my pic.  Unfortunately I don't think they do it any longer.

3 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

A dirty 30 of Busch Light in North Dakota  is 17.99 on sale.  In Minnesota a 24 pack is 21.99.  :mad:

I miss the days in college when I could buy a 30 pack of Busch Light for $11.99

I remember when I had extra money and springing for a six pack of bud instead of meister brau or some other swill cost me 2.99 plus deposit. It’s not that much more 35 years later. Competition. 

Liquor?  Barely even knew her :banana:

She's only Seventeen....BostonLager knows that she's old enough for me. 
That's all that matters right now in my goofy ass mind

Once in college my roommate and I decided ask to "borrow" a quarter from every person we thought would "loan" us a quarter throughout our school day.

We ended up with about 8 bucks. Well enough to get a 12-pack of Milwaukee's Best with s little left over.

Why should we suffer? 

We also used to drink those barrel bottles of Mickey's Malt Liquor. Damn, those were good times.

8 hours ago, DonS said:

Sh1t.  Need to buy some more. :(

https://postimg.cc/R3Tphzhr

Did you register for your official square foot of land on Islay?   They used to do a thing where you'd earn points for every bottle you purchased.  Each bottle comes with a code that you'd redeem on their website.  Stockpile enough points and use it towards branded stuff. That's how I ended up with the sweet crystal tasting glass in my pic.  Unfortunately I don't think they do it any longer.

I didnt know that.  My father in law bought me 4 bottles for Christmas.   Woot

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I didnt know that.  My father in law bought me 4 bottles for Christmas.   Woot

Check the little green booklet that comes with the bottle, but like I said I'm pretty sure they stopped doing that.  You should at least be able to get your square foot of land.  When I registered several years ago they actually mailed a nice official certificate with your name on it.  Mine is hanging on the wall in my office. Not sure if they still do that. 

13 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I live on the border between MA and NH. I buy all my booze in NH. Probably 25% cheaper.

Way way back I had a buddy in NH that I would visit and local friends mom owned a  liquor store and I would do her a favor and buy 20/30 cases of booze for her. Don’t remember the numbers but she would give me a bottle of JD for my efforts. 

3 hours ago, shotsup said:

Way way back I had a buddy in NH that I would visit and local friends mom owned a  liquor store and I would do her a favor and buy 20/30 cases of booze for her. Don’t remember the numbers but she would give me a bottle of JD for my efforts. 

this is how NASCAR started.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:56 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

I miss the days in college when I could buy a 30 pack of Busch Light for $11.99

Our claim to fame as kids was a case of Miller genuine draft bar bottles for $9.99

I drank so much of that stuff even just thinking about it now makes me gag.

• Haha 1

In my poor college student days I used to drink a NY regional beer called Golden Anniversary.  For those of you familiar with cheap Genesee beer, this was Genny's even cheaper sibling as it was brewed by same company. 

It was cheap as hell, tasted decent enough, and most importantly didn't give me the sh1ts like some other cheap beers. :cheers:

Question for you geeks...  Back then we used to be able to buy cases of beer in 16oz bottles (aka pounders).  Not sure if that was just a regional thing or not, and I have no idea when they stopped doing that.  Do any of you remember the same thing? 

2 minutes ago, shotsup said:

Genney squirts was a thing

Absofockinglutely.  You haven't fully experienced the regret of drinking until you've had the Genny Screamers. 

35 minutes ago, shotsup said:

Genney squirts was a thing

Been there, done that. 

Meister Brau, Matt’s beer ball, Piels Light. The only goal was to get lit.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Meister Brau, Matt’s beer ball, Piels Light. The only goal was to get lit.  

Holy sh1t.  Haven't heard the name Piels in forever. 

Some other upstate NY cheap disgusting beers were Utica Club and Black Label :cheers:

9 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Some other upstate NY cheap disgusting beers were Utica Club and Black Label :cheers:

Kinda liked Black Label. Even though it’s gross.  But it’s really good in Europe. One of my best drinking nights ever was in London drinking it on tap.  

Did you guys have cheap beer for doing shotguns? We would get cases of decent stuff in bottles and crap in cans for shotgunning.  And funnels. 

8 minutes ago, shotsup said:

You spelled Meister Piss wrong 

I try and forget that swill. 

I'm trying to remember this other cheap beer that gave me such bad sh1ts that I would've gladly taken Genny Screamers instead.  I think it was a PA beer?  Goebles??? 

Some college buddies used to drink a beer called Lucky Lager.  It was known for having 11 ounce bottles cause I guess you won't notice that missing ounce, and for having concentration (game show) like rebus puzzles on the underside of the cap.  The taste was hideous to me so I couldn't drink it but it was the cheapest beer you could get at the time.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Some college buddies used to drink a beer called Lucky Lager.  It was known for having 11 ounce bottles cause I guess you won't notice that missing ounce, and for having concentration (game show) like rebus puzzles on the underside of the cap.  The taste was hideous to me so I couldn't drink it but it was the cheapest beer you could get at the time.

Falstaff used to have little puzzles on the bottle cap as well.  

On 1/31/2020 at 7:33 PM, DonS said:

$46.99 right now NH Liquor outlet...no tax.

On 1/31/2020 at 5:42 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Fifth of Titos is 22 here. Supposedly IL has cheapest liquor prices and beer prices in the country because they tax everything from Sunshine to air, but for some reason not alcohol? 

$18.99 in tax free NH

15 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

$46.99 right now NH Liquor outlet...no tax.

:cry:

How much does a bottle of Balvenie 14yr Caribbean Cask go for?