Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Black History Month Bios and Stuff

Black history month 2020

I liked the part when he took the thing that's been around for hundreds of years and passed it off as his own.

• Haha 1

Much respect to @peenie for starting a thread that will certainly contain comments that will likely piss her off.  She's definitely a good sport most of the time to put up with our sh1t. :thumbsup:

(O/U on how long this thread survives before getting deleted?) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DonS said:

Much respect to @peenie for starting a thread that will certainly contain comments that will likely piss her off.  She's definitely a good sport most of the time to put up with our sh1t. :thumbsup:

Yeah, she ain't bad for a white dood.  :banana:

Being a man of science...there are so many great AA scientists throughout history!  They destroy the stereotypes about intelligence and race.  Great for debating/ turning back dimwits and racists.

11 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Being a man of science...there are so many great AA scientists throughout history!  They destroy the stereotypes about intelligence and race.  Great for debating/ turning back dimwits and racists.

Agreed.  And yet the African American community does not celebrate them.  They would rather look to rapist athletes and gang bangers for inspiration. 

Just now, NorthernVike said:

And yet the African American community does not celebrate them.  They would rather look to rapist athletes and gang bangers for inspiration. 

Excellent point!!

Nothing like having a whole month of each year to remind everyone of people's color.

And that black people should have a lot of pride and white people should all feel shame.

Today's installment 2 mins:

18 hours ago, DonS said:

3 pages and she peenies it. 

3 hours ago, peenie said:

Today's installment:

ROW ONE:  Laquisha, Latifah, Shaniqua, Latoya, La'Kisha, La'Tanya, Rohandra, Bon'Quisha 

ROW TWO:  Sha'Tanya, Mo’Nique, La’Quishria, Bonifa, Shataniana, Levondia, Bufanaquishria, Barbeesha

ROW THREE:  DeShawn, DeAndre, Malik, Trevon, Demetrius, Bob

• Haha 7

39 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Never knew that.  Consider me enlightened.👍

Same here. Thx, peenie. 

• Like 1

Henry Blair was born in Glen Ross, Maryland, United States in 1807. His first invention was the Seed-Planter, patented October 14, 1834, which allowed farmers to plant more corn using less labor in a shorter period of time. On August 31, 1836 he obtained a second patent for a cotton planter. This invention worked by splitting the ground with two shovel-like blades which were pulled along by a horse. A wheel-driven cylinder followed behind which dropped the seed into the newly plowed ground. Blair had been a successful farmer for years and developed the inventions as a means of increasing efficiency in farming.

In the patent records, Blair is listed as a “colored man”; making this identification the only one of its kind in early patent records. Blair was illiterate, therefore he signed his patents with an “x”. It is not known if Blair was a freedman or not. At the time that his patents were granted, United States patent law allowed both freed and enslaved people to obtain patents. In 1857 this law was challenged by a slave-owner who claimed that he owned “all the fruits of the slave’s labor” including his slave’s inventions. This resulted in the change of the law in 1858, which stated that slaves were not citizens and therefore could not hold patents. After the American Civil War, in 1871, the law was changed to grant all men (but not women) patent rights.

He died in 1860.

On 2/2/2020 at 4:32 AM, NorthernVike said:

Agreed.  And yet the African American community does not celebrate them.  They would rather look to rapist athletes and gang bangers for inspiration. 

Yep, most respectable AA get branded Uncle Toms and berated by their own.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the video RLLD! I watched it fully.

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

Thanks for the video RLLD! I watched it fully.

Thanks. I am fascinated with the history of the African continent, I love reading about it and watching documentaries.

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Thanks. I am fascinated with the history of the African continent, I love reading about it and watching documentaries.

Did you know they didn't adopt the wheel until the 18th century? Sad but true

There are African chariots in museums and plenty of pictures of them on walls. Egypt is in Africa.

Its sad we confuse hood rats with real african american culture...they have some amazing qualities.  And some damn good food.

Kanye 

16 hours ago, peenie said:

There are African chariots in museums and plenty of pictures of them on walls. Egypt is in Africa.

Yes!  The nubians ran Egypt for quote a while actually.....great stuff

Hey, just to be clear, I just wanted to post some pleasant things about black Americans. I'm not trying to hash out anything about slavery or discuss racism or reparations or blame anyone or be angry, you know? I am simply posting some interesting facts about black people. I don't want to do any sort of mudslinging. I was keeping my posts focused on people in the United States of America.

The problem with Black History Month is that it doesn't accomplish its intent and actually makes things worse.  I'm willing to bet that more white people have a better working knowledge of the black influence in our country than black people.  It's mainly because of what was mentioned earlier in this thread about the current state of the black culture (glorified by the left), putting more credence in the wrong type of people.  Sad really.

What has ended up happening is black people don't reflect on the great accomplishments of their ancestors... but using this month to promote why they are victims.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The problem with Black History Month is that it doesn't accomplish its intent and actually makes things worse.  I'm willing to bet that more white people have a better working knowledge of the black influence in our country than black people.  It's mainly because of what was mentioned earlier in this thread about the current state of the black culture (glorified by the left), putting more credence in the wrong type of people.  Sad really.

What has ended up happening is black people don't reflect on the great accomplishments of their ancestors... but using this month to promote why they are victims.

In this thread I was reflecting on some accomplishments of people in the past. Kind of confused about the push back I've been getting here.