supermike80

Is this still america?

26 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It’s a halftime show, why does it matter so much?

Alright. So no commenting on the unwatchable "entertainment" that is the NFL? That's off the table on this site?

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Alright. So no commenting on the unwatchable "entertainment" that is the NFL? That's off the table on this site?

I thought the game was pretty good and the halftime show was fine. It wasn’t great but it wasn’t terrible. Just more stupid crap for people to piss and moan about. Just another day. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I thought the game was pretty good and the halftime show was fine. It wasn’t great but it wasn’t terrible. Just more stupid crap for people to piss and moan about. Just another day. 

There’s a place for all that ass shaking and hip thrusting. Halftime of a football game isn’t it. And why does anyone find this Exciting at this point? It’s not like I can’t watch hotter chicks than Shakira anytime I want.  It’s so basic and played.  Sure the cheerleaders are wearing skimpy outfits, but it’s not like they are being featured. You barely see them anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The halftime show was terrible. And if you say that making that comment is "pissing and moaning", then you may want to delete a whole lot of of your Trump comments you post all around this place.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There’s a place for all that ass shaking and hip thrusting. Halftime of a football game isn’t it. And why does anyone find this Exciting at this point? It’s not like I can’t watch hotter chicks than Shakira anytime I want.  It’s so basic and played.  Sure the cheerleaders are wearing skimpy outfits, but it’s not like they are being featured. You barely see them anymore. 

It's like watching some primal dance to the rain gods or something before they are about to sacrifice someone the god of the wind and rain.

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

It's like watching some primal dance to the rain gods or something before they are about to sacrifice someone the god of the wind and rain.

Western culture is on the decline. Rapidly. Being replaced by cultures that can’t run anything. Jeez people , go look at a map and see how much of this world is actually uninhabitable. But for some reason we are told we should be more like them. It’s backwards. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I'll never understand this attitude.  Sure you can find a video of some hot meth head from Kansas with daddy issues who came to LA to "act."  Big whoop.  There is something sexy about two hot MILFs who have made a ton of money, still defining their worth by trying to give me wood.  And doing a damn fine job of it I might add.

I'm pretty sure that I was one of the target audiences -- straight white middle-aged male.  I sure as shiot don't want to watch Coldplay or some washed up rock band.  :dunno:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't get this.  Just watch it with no volume and enjoy the sites.  I did.  Was absolutely awesome.  Bless Shakira.

14 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'll never understand this attitude.  Sure you can find a video of some hot meth head from Kansas with daddy issues who came to LA to "act."  Big whoop.  There is something sexy about two hot MILFs who have made a ton of money, still defining their worth by trying to give me wood.  And doing a damn fine job of it I might add.

I'm pretty sure that I was one of the target audiences -- straight white middle-aged male.  I sure as shiot don't want to watch Coldplay or some washed up rock band.  :dunno:

Creepy. I’m glad I was in a bar.Were you with people? Kids? Blech  I’d hate to have to watch this crap amongst normal people and family. So awkward. 

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

The straight white male is no longer a target audience.

Seemed like the target audience for that halftime show was straight males. 

:dunno: 

• Like 1

Straight males that couldn’t get laid. And never tasted any exotic fruit. 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Seemed like the target audience for that halftime show was straight males. 

:dunno: 

I bet the gay males were more into it than the straights. You know, the ones who tune in just for the halftime show and the cute commercials.

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Creepy. I’m glad I was in a bar.Were you with people? Kids? Blech  I’d hate to have to watch this crap amongst normal people and family. So awkward. 

No kids except my 18 yr old daughter; we managed to survive somehow.  She used to dance competitively and I've seen more dance competitions than any man should have to see in his lifetime, so we watched it somewhat critically.  We (and my wife) agreed that J Lo had a more polished production, but Shakira had more raw sexiness.  

If you are concerned with the impact of a halftime show on your impressionable young children, perhaps you should watch it with them instead of heading to a bar.  :dunno:

• Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I bet the gay males were more into it than the straights. You know, the ones who tune in just for the halftime show and the cute commercials.

You’d have to be gay to complain about that halftime show.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

You’d have to be gay to complain about that halftime show.

You have to be even gayer to complain about someone not liking a halftime show.

1 hour ago, lickin_starfish said:

I'm just glad to know that girls can do anything boys can do. I never would have known that if I didn't watch the game last night.

My wife got pissed at me last night.  Right after that Olay commercial with women in space / teach girls to code the broadcast then had the "JLo/Shakira coming up at halftime" teaser.  I made some comment about how women showing off their t1ts seemed like another option vs coding.  Yeah, she wasn't too pleased. :banana:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't get this.  Just watch it with no volume and enjoy the sites.  I did.  Was absolutely awesome.  Bless Shakira.

That was my M.O.   Kept my fingers crossed for this:  https://postimg.cc/XZm9VZkZ

Shakira >>> JLo. 

32 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

No kids except my 18 yr old daughter; we managed to survive somehow.  She used to dance competitively and I've seen more dance competitions than any man should have to see in his lifetime, so we watched it somewhat critically.  We (and my wife) agreed that J Lo had a more polished production, but Shakira had more raw sexiness.  

If you are concerned with the impact of a halftime show on your impressionable young children, perhaps you should watch it with them instead of heading to a bar.  :dunno:

Wow. What a dik. They were sleeping by that point. Sorry I went to a bar with my friends. You should get some. You don’t appear to have many. 

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow. What a dik. They were sleeping by that point. Sorry I went to a bar with my friends. You should get some. You don’t appear to have many. 

I will admit that I don't have many friends who call me "creepy" for finding hot women attractive, I'll have to work on that.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

I'm saying Prince

Very good one,my personal favorite was Tom Petty.

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I will admit that I don't have many friends who call me "creepy" for finding hot women attractive, I'll have to work on that.  :thumbsup:

Time and place. With the family watching all that is cringy. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Time and place. With the family watching all that is cringy. 

I'm trying to imagine a bunch of good friends at a bar drinking and watching that halftime show, and the conversation being about how it would be uncomfortable for impressionable girls to watch.  Sorry, I've got nothing.  :dunno:

In 1957, after a show in Los Angeles, Elvis Presley was told by local police that he was not allowed to wiggle his hips while onstage. There was also a headline ran in the local press the next day that said Elvis would have to clean up his act if he wanted to continue performing...................... In the 1950s, Elvis Presley’s shaking and grinding of his hips and legs were considered vulgar by some, earning him the nickname “Elvis the Pelvis.”

There was a time when Elvis (too) was viewed as a nasty, inappropriate heathen. His act so vulgar, was deemed unfit for good wholesome households...

Here's a news flash - the crotchety 45-60 year old white male, the NFL isn't targeting you with their halftime show. It's the SB, you've watched every game this season, every SB since the 70's, you talk about football day and night on low rent message boards - they're not worried about you, they've got your ass.

The game is global now... Rog has games in London, Mexico - and soon Mars. There were 150m viewers last year - the NFL has a lot of mouths to feed. They are going after the casual fan, housewives, Reality TV and Dancing with the Stars crowd... And from all the buzz floating around, the show was a home run with them, especially women.

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

And from all the buzz floating around, the show was a home run with them, especially women.

I had a handful of 20+ aged females at my party and can confirm this.I was actually going to put on a concert DVD for halftime entertainment and was voted down real fast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nzoner said:

I had a handful of 20+ aged females at my party and can confirm this.I was actually going to put on a concert DVD for halftime entertainment and was voted down real fast.

What concert DVD did the b1tches vote down? 

Just now, DonS said:

What concert DVD did the b1tches vote down? 

Queen :D

• Haha 1

Just to clarify.

I could care less about the women being sluts.  Whatever works

I am aggravated that 75% of it was in spanish.

THAT'S my issue.

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Just to clarify.

THAT'S my issue.

Most likely because they were in Miami.

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Just to clarify.

THAT'S my issue.

I understood your point and agree.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Most likely because they were in Miami.

Miami is in America still.

If they host it in Puerto Rico...Maybe

Right before the game I watched this American flag montage, proud to be an American yadda yadda yadda.

Guess not really.

Beto starting off speaking Spanish in the first debate was un-American.  Attractive/slutty Hispanic performers singing crappy pop songs in Spanish in Miami didn't bother me any.  Granted I had it on mute., but that's because I don't care for the music and just wanted to see Shakira shake those hips and belly. :banana:

• Like 1

I went on a date Saturday with a social worker. We had a great time until she started on politics and she went off on white man privilege. Total drivel out of her mouth and she said I am uneducated. Let’s see.... I’m making six figures, you make barely $40K, your car is a piece of crap and she told me she couldn’t afford gas money to meet me. I graduated from college, she didn’t. Yep, hate me because I did what I’m supposed to and worked hard. Oh, and Hawkeye, I met this chick in Des Moines. You Iowa people are whacked. Just kidding.

As a grandfather of 3 girls, what they portrayed was disgusting filth and I am glad they didnt watch it. Shakira was hot as hell, but it was a disgusting talentless display for what should be a family event. What's with jlo and thay crotch grab stuff ? That's talent?

Is this what young girls should he looking up to ? Washed up strippers ? 

Awful, lip synced garbage. 

47 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm trying to imagine a bunch of good friends at a bar drinking and watching that halftime show, and the conversation being about how it would be uncomfortable for impressionable girls to watch.  Sorry, I've got nothing.  :dunno:

Yeah, you can probably only imagine something like that. No one was talking about that crap. We were laughing and having fun. And complaining about our box numbers. Good times.