Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

2020 Geek Homers Baseball (looking for 1 owner)

Apply within 

very unique league where you run a team based on the current mlb roster and past players to accumulate stats for them. 

example : Dodgers have exclusive rights to Bellinger but now have the opportunity to draft Mookie Betts away from the Red Sox. 

Currently owned teams:

Dodgers, Angels, Red Sox, Braves, Astros, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Rays, Rangers, Cubs, Orioles, Indians, Royals

***you will be vetted to make sure we not have another pansy a$$ situation like last year.***

Not if you was the last immigrant grocer on earth, suckah!

5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

in

Have you ever won with the Royals or come close?

Just now, cmh6476 said:

Heck no

I couldn't remember if the years I was in the league if you made a run or not...

The Rays have a 2nd and 3rd on our resume and will forever be haunted by that final Sunday in 2018 when we lost the lead to the Braves

out

For anyone looking to join just know there are rules you probably won't know about they won't tell you about and even though they could easily contact you they wont. Instead they will take advantage of the situation so they can get a better player in a league that no money is at stake.

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

For anyone looking to join just know there are rules you probably won't know about they won't tell you about and even though they could easily contact you they wont. Instead they will take advantage of the situation so they can get a better player in a league that no money is at stake.

Most will be okay Since they are likely to read the rules when they are explained and actually check in more than once a month. They probably won’t miss the all star supplemental draft and then blame everyone else because they needed their hand held 🤷🏻‍♂️

36 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Most will be okay Since they are likely to read the rules when they are explained and actually check in more than once a month. They probably won’t miss the all star supplemental draft and then blame everyone else because they needed their hand held 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe, but then again you'll guys will probably just skip them anyway.

I'd like to add even though some members of the league have my phone number, Facebook, email address and know I post here in the geek club on the regular None of them contacted me until after others drafted my eligible players. None the less I still submitted my best line up every week.

It was a fun league when I was an original owner, 10 years ago. 

4 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I do not think this a fair assessment 

One more bump in case anyone is interested. If not I believe Posty will be reprising his role as the Nationals

On 2/7/2020 at 8:37 PM, Cdub100 said:

I'd like to add even though some members of the league have my phone number, Facebook, email address and know I post here in the geek club on the regular None of them contacted me until after others drafted my eligible players. None the less I still submitted my best line up every week.

It was a fun league when I was an original owner, 10 years ago. 

I had not thought of that. Seeing it's a free for fun league you are right. Why not be honest and help another owner out? Doesn't make sense to be sneaky and hold onto information. 

33 minutes ago, edjr said:

I had not thought of that. Seeing it's a free for fun league you are right. Why not be honest and help another owner out? Doesn't make sense to be sneaky and hold onto information. 

Good lord. I could turn around and say because it’s a free fun league, no one cares enough to go hunting down owners who can’t be bothered to check the LEAGUE SPECIFIC FORUM.... like ever. 

its a time crunch to get two rounds of drafting in during the all star supplemental. The league has skipped owners in the past and allowed them to pick upon showing up. 

pretty sure cdub had the first pick because he rarely checked in and did not always submit lineups so he was in last at the all star break. 

there is a load of talent and no one skipped him purposely. To think that’s what happened and 13 other owners colluded against a ghost owner is absurd. 

even edjr who quit once after the draft order was announced can surely understand this :dunno:

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Good lord. I could turn around and say because it’s a free fun league, no one cares enough to go hunting down owners who can’t be bothered to check the LEAGUE SPECIFIC FORUM.... like ever. 

its a time crunch to get two rounds of drafting in during the all star supplemental. The league has skipped owners in the past and allowed them to pick upon showing up. 

pretty sure cdub had the first pick because he rarely checked in and did not always submit lineups so he was in last at the all star break. 

there is a load of talent and no one skipped him purposely. To think that’s what happened and 13 other owners colluded against a ghost owner is absurd. 

even edjr who quit once after the draft order was announced can surely understand this :dunno:

Quit after the complimentary draft order was announced ;)

I have cdubs number.  And I was just out of the loop on the all star supplemental draft.  I think I was about to get skipped if I remember right and someone reached out to me.  I probably should have paid more attention and done the same for cdub.  Probably just had a lot going on and wasn't paying much attention.  I'm sorry.

looking for one, maybe 2, maybe 3 for this year

44 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

looking for one, maybe 2, maybe 3 for this year

WW already started a thread for this year...

On 2/7/2020 at 5:35 PM, Cdub100 said:

Just a reminder for those thinking about joining. Probably why people keep dropping out. The league used to be cool.

if I would have noticed that you were up I would have texted you.  Go Royals!

:lol:

On 2/19/2021 at 11:57 AM, Cdub100 said:

Just a reminder for those thinking about joining. Probably why people keep dropping out. The league used to be cool.

if by drop out you mean the man passed away, then yes.. People keep dropping out.

I think from his grave, Gratefulted was still able to check in and be aware of the supplemental draft.  Definitely not looking for any baby back cdub bitches as his replacement. The only owner i've seen who needed his hand held