Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Mike Vick ESPN 30 for 30

Dog fighting aside, dude is still a sh!tbag.  The dog fighting thing just tops it off.  Even after serving time, his buddies say they would do it again.  They literally see no problem in fighting, torturing, killings dogs.  

• Like 1

They should have lynched him. 

Alot of it seemed to lean towards dog fighting be a black culture thing, and really shouldnt be unlawful.  I didnt realize until watching it, the local CA had no intentions of bringing charges.  Thats how it went federal.

8 hours ago, bostonlager said:

They should have lynched him. 

They should have made him fight one of the dogs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KayJay1971 said:

They should have made him fight one of the dogs.

I would be okay with that options as well. 

Dirtbag. FS1 has no moral compass 

I think it's a cultural thing where they were brought up with it so they don't see it as a thing that is wrong to do...kind of like how most of you are a bunch of homos who don't know any different. :)

He got nailed and served his time... I think most people were upset that he got to go back and play in the NFL which is really bizarre logic to me.

Hey, hey, hey!! I am black and I don't know ANYONE not one single person that is involved with or even knows about dog fighting. It's shocking and sickening to me. I literally had nightmares about it for 2 whole days!! It's not a black thing. I'm from NJ and our state loves animals (unless you're a cow, chicken or pig).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, peenie said:

Hey, hey, hey!! I am black and I don't know ANYONE not one single person that is involved with or even knows about dog fighting. It's shocking and sickening to me. I literally had nightmares about it for 2 whole days!! It's not a black thing. I'm from NJ and our state loves animals (unless you're a cow, chicken or pig).

Totally something a pit bull dog trainer would say....pfft...you people. :)

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Totally something a pit bull dog trainer would say....pfft...you people. :)

:P 

Really, though, it's not part of the culture. Perhaps it's part of HIS culture, but not the black culture.

EXCEPT, for some reason, black guys do like pit bull dogs. I do notice that they tend to get them above all other breeds.

8 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

I have a hard time wrapping my head around how his stock has rose again over the years

Being black is a good start. You aren’t even allowed to mention that Kobe was suspected of raping someone, even though it was a gigantic story when it happened.  Black people get a pass on a lot of stuff. Snoop doggy just threatened Gail King, and there is no huge outcry. He’ll still get commercials. Watch. 

46 minutes ago, peenie said:

EXCEPT, for some reason, black guys do like pit bull dogs. I do notice that they tend to get them above all other breeds.

I found a Pit mix as a puppy wandering the streets.  She was so malnourished you could see her neck bones.  I did not know what kind of dog she was at the time but she turned out to be the sweetest dog I ever had.  She lived ten years and I still miss her three years later.   I would get one under the same circumstances in a second so I do not blame anyone for wanting one. 

As for Vick I never cheered for any athlete getting hurt playing but would hope that every snap of the ball was Vick's last.  I am a lifelong Steelers fan but was sick when they picked him up.  I rooted against them every game that year and cheered when they lost to Denver in the championship.  He is the biggest piece of sh1t to ever play in the NFL bar none.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

He got nailed and served his time... I think most people were upset that he got to go back and play in the NFL which is really bizarre logic to me.

He pleaded to conspiracy and promoting a dog in an animal fight.  Not for torturing, cruelty and killing multiple animals, running illegal dog fighting contests  or a number of other major  charges.  I get that is how the system works but he nowhere near paid for all his crimes as many people state. 

https://www.sfgate.com/pets/yourwholepet/article/Michael-Vick-s-unpaid-dues-Why-dog-advocates-2455696.php

I will hate that piece of shi t until the day I die. 

"The details that got to me then and stay with me today involve the swimming pool that was used to kill some of the dogs," Reynolds wrote on her blog. "Jumper cables were clipped onto the ears of underperforming dogs, then, just like with a car, the cables were connected to the terminals of car batteries before lifting and tossing the shamed dogs into the water."

She continued, "We don't know how many suffered this premeditated murder, but the damage to the pool walls tells a story. It seems that while they were scrambling to escape, they scratched and clawed at the pool liner and bit at the dented aluminum sides like a hungry dog on a tin can.

"I wear some pretty thick skin during our work with dogs, but I can't shake my minds-eye image of a little black dog splashing frantically in bloody water ... screaming in pain and terror ... brown eyes saucer wide and tiny black white-toed feet clawing at anything, desperate to get a hold. This death did not come quickly. The rescuer in me keeps trying to think of a way to go back in time and somehow stop this torture and pull the little dog to safety. I think I'll be looking for ways to pull that dog out for the rest of my life."

Vick did all that and more to his dogs, and even threw family pets into the pit with fighters and laughed while they were mauled, according to a witness who testified to federal investigators.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Being black is a good start. You aren’t even allowed to mention that Kobe was suspected of raping someone, even though it was a gigantic story when it happened.  Black people get a pass on a lot of stuff. Snoop doggy just threatened Gail King, and there is no huge outcry. He’ll still get commercials. Watch. 

Black people get a pass on  a lot a evil stuff. See Hussein Obama....

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, peenie said:

:P 

Really, though, it's not part of the culture. Perhaps it's part of HIS culture, but not the black culture.

Dey is representin da fierceness

6 hours ago, Bill E. said:

He is the biggest piece of sh1t to ever play in the NFL bar none.

Id say Ray Carruth and Aaron hernandez rank higher. Maybe Ray Lewis.

But Vick is Definately up there. 

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That POS should go to jail for his threats. I don't care for Gail King but she didn't do anything wrong and doesn't deserve to be treated like that by Snoop and his followers. And you're right, saw him in a commercial just yesterday. He needs some knucks to his noggin. 

Maybe someone should tell Snoop that they're coming to get his wife and see how he responds to threats. 

On 2/10/2020 at 11:15 PM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Id say Ray Carruth and Aaron hernandez rank higher. Maybe Ray Lewis.

But Vick is Definately up there. 

Lewis maybe not quite as much but Carruth and Hernandez were lowlifes that I can understand grouping with Vick.  The thing that drives me nuts is the way Vick is celebrated as almost a hero or martyr.  At least the media, players and fans do not stick up for the other two. 

I love this take:

https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/espn-unveils-unflinching-look-michael-vick-rise-fall-and-resurrection-with-two-part-for-documentary/KssdbyhcTwyX6BtAiZWXrI/

Most of the anti-Vick protesters at the time were white. A white musician Rob Thomas, when asked about the sentence, said, only semi-facetiously, “Did he get the chair?” Tucker Carlson wasn’t joking when he said Vick should have been executed.

If you are sickened by the fact that they found 70 tortured dogs at Vick's kennels you must be racist.  

The Eagles got away with signing him because the owner and his wife are huge contributors to the left. Jerry Jones or Kraft would have been pilloried beyond belief. 

Vick served his time and was a model teammate, Christian and human being ever since.

He is an inspiration to us all. :thumbsup: 

Just now, MDC said:

Vick served his time and was a model teammate, Christian and human being ever since.

Definitely not to any dog owners. 

40 minutes ago, MDC said:

Would you let him babysit your children and your dog?

49 minutes ago, MDC said:

What a stupid take.  Vick is a POS that should be reviled by everyone.  He should die penniless and alone.  Preferably slowly and painfully.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Kanil said:

What a stupid take.  Vick is a POS that should be reviled by everyone.  He should die penniless and alone.  Preferably slowly and painfully.

You had me at "he should die".  :wub:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

A white player would never get away with it. Fact. 

Well to be fair, dog fighting/cruelty isn't part of a white player's "culture" so kind of a moot point. 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Well to be fair, dog fighting/cruelty isn't part of a white player's "culture" so kind of a moot point. 

In some places it is.  And  the fact that a white player grew up in poverty without a father and a bad public school wouldn’t be enough to save him.  Some Redneck like Phillip Rivers never gets a chance. 

30 for 30 almost always does a nice job.  I have little to no sympathy for him.  While I am not sure death is appropriate, a harsher punishment would fit.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 2:24 PM, Bill E. said:

He pleaded to conspiracy and promoting a dog in an animal fight.  Not for torturing, cruelty and killing multiple animals, running illegal dog fighting contests  or a number of other major  charges.  I get that is how the system works but he nowhere near paid for all his crimes as many people state. 

https://www.sfgate.com/pets/yourwholepet/article/Michael-Vick-s-unpaid-dues-Why-dog-advocates-2455696.php

I will hate that piece of shi t until the day I die. 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 2:24 PM, Bill E. said:

The details that got to me then and stay with me today involve the swimming pool that was used to kill some of the dogs," Reynolds wrote on her blog. "Jumper cables were clipped onto the ears of underperforming dogs, then, just like with a car, the cables were connected to the terminals of car batteries before lifting and tossing the shamed dogs into the water."

She continued, "We don't know how many suffered this premeditated murder, but the damage to the pool walls tells a story. It seems that while they were scrambling to escape, they scratched and clawed at the pool liner and bit at the dented aluminum sides like a hungry dog on a tin can.

"I wear some pretty thick skin during our work with dogs, but I can't shake my minds-eye image of a little black dog splashing frantically in bloody water ... screaming in pain and terror ... brown eyes saucer wide and tiny black white-toed feet clawing at anything, desperate to get a hold. This death did not come quickly. The rescuer in me keeps trying to think of a way to go back in time and somehow stop this torture and pull the little dog to safety. I think I'll be looking for ways to pull that dog out for the rest of my life."

Vick did all that and more to his dogs, and even threw family pets into the pit with fighters and laughed while they were mauled, according to a witness who testified to federal investigators.

Man that was tough to read. My daughter has always had pit bulls since she was about 10. She raised, bred and showed them in UKC events. Her first one was aggressive (mostly with food and toys) and I eventually had to put her down because I didn't know what she was capable of and she could possibly have turned on me or another family member especially when we were trying to break up a fight. She was considered a "sport breed" and they are the ones that are more often than not, bred to fight. I still cried my eyes out the day that I had to take her and have her euthanized. I felt like I had failed as a dog owner but the more I read about it almost seemed like it was genetic. Anyhow, she has had numerous other "show breed" pit bulls and I have never been the least bit scared of any of them. A few weeks ago she had to put down her oldest dog, Leone who was a little over 11 years old. He was the most gentle dog I have met and won multiple ribbons at shows. He was a grand champion in the UKC world and fathered hundreds of puppies (for some pretty big cash I might add). That being said, even an aggressive dog does not deserve to be tortured like that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

Man that was tough to read. My daughter has always had pit bulls since she was about 10. She raised, bred and showed them in UKC events. Her first one was aggressive (mostly with food and toys) and I eventually had to put her down because I didn't know what she was capable of and she could possibly have turned on me or another family member especially when we were trying to break up a fight. She was considered a "sport breed" and they are the ones that are more often than not, bred to fight. I still cried my eyes out the day that I had to take her and have her euthanized. I felt like I had failed as a dog owner but the more I read about it almost seemed like it was genetic. Anyhow, she has had numerous other "show breed" pit bulls and I have never been the least bit scared of any of them. A few weeks ago she had to put down her oldest dog, Leone who was a little over 11 years old. He was the most gentle dog I have met and won multiple ribbons at shows. He was a grand champion in the UKC world and fathered hundreds of puppies (for some pretty big cash I might add). That being said, even an aggressive dog does not deserve to be tortured like that.

It is tough to read.  I had trouble sleeping after posting that and I have seen it before.  That dog I had was the best pet I have ever had.  I will get another dog soon but there will not be one like her.

I can not stand pit bulls. I don’t think that breed has any place around humans and breeding or owning them should be outlawed.  That being, said, I would never want to see one tortured.  Fock Vick and I wish he could be eaten alive by the dogs he tortured.  

56 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I can not stand pit bulls. I don’t think that breed has any place around humans and breeding or owning them should be outlawed.  That being, said, I would never want to see one tortured.  Fock Vick and I wish he could be eaten alive by the dogs he tortured.  

I could not disagree more!!!!  :mad:

Dogs would eat his POS azz way too fast.  Gotta make that focker suffer for a loooonnnnngggggg time.  I do think having a sweet pit bull bite off his cack and balls would be a good start, though.  :thumbsup:

I would like to see him put in the ring with a pit bull himself.  Then when the pit bull attacks, Vick catches it and strangles it to death.

17 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I can't fully subscribed to that just because a lot are bred to be vicious and trained that way. I mean we have a bulldog and those don't exactly have a great history. But over time they are now extraordinarily docile breeds of dogs.