Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Mike Vick ESPN 30 for 30

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I can't fully subscribed to that just because a lot are bred to be vicious and trained that way. I mean we have a bulldog and those don't exactly have a great history. But over time they are now extraordinarily docile breeds of dogs. 

I don’t know how many examples someone needs to see to realize they are not a domestic pet. I’m sure there are docile lions too.  

Boston Terriers were originally bred to be fighting dogs. Which cracks me up whenever my pup rolls over on his back and snorts like a pig when I rub his pink tummy. :wub: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t know how many examples someone needs to see to realize they are not a domestic pet. I’m sure there are docile lions too.  

Right now? No you are absolutely right. Because too many have been culturally trained to be vicious. Just like the bulldog it takes a long time to deculture a breed of dog. 

I mean if you go to dog shelters a big number of them are some sort of pitbull next. That's just not a good scenario

7 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I mean if you go to dog shelters a big number of them are some sort of pitbull 

Thats an understatement.  Theyre loaded.  It's insane how many pit mixes are in shelters especially in cities

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Thats an understatement.  Theyre loaded.  It's insane how many pit mixes are in shelters especially in cities

It's crazy. I said in another thread I just got back from Mesa at the cubs camp. We raised something like $20000 while we were down there for that shelter. But you go through there and I think it's probably 75%? All pit bull or pit bull mixes. It's pretty sad

On 2/10/2020 at 4:39 PM, peenie said:

Hey, hey, hey!! I am black and I don't know ANYONE not one single person that is involved with or even knows about dog fighting. It's shocking and sickening to me. I literally had nightmares about it for 2 whole days!! It's not a black thing. I'm from NJ and our state loves animals (unless you're a cow, chicken or pig).

Note, Michael Vick - when he got caught, was the one who said it was black culture that made it acceptable.  It wasn't white people accusing them of it.

"Bad breed" or not, anyone that would torture an animal the way Vick did deserves to die because they are a focking psychopath. Any attempts to justify it via the "culture" card just proves that said "culture" is pretty focked up and needs to change/evolve. 

18 hours ago, nobody said:

I would like to see him put in the ring with a pit bull himself.  Then when the pit bull attacks, Vick catches it and strangles it to death.

:lol: Ha! Fucck that pit bull for thinking it can beat a pro bowler. 👍

16 hours ago, Fireballer said:

2 huge counties bordering DC, there is white Montgomery and black PG, yet the Montgomery County shelter is full of PBs and mixes and PG has very few.  Pretty sure they are all sent to Montgomery to keep them away from the element.

53 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

2 huge counties bordering DC, there is white Montgomery and black PG, yet the Montgomery County shelter is full of PBs and mixes and PG has very few.  Pretty sure they are all sent to Montgomery to keep them away from the element.

I donate to a local shelter and asked about this once.  they said when someone who is questionable comes in they check them out thoroughly before giving a pit to them.    They said sometimes someone will come in and say I want those four dogs there like they are ordering something at the grocery store.  I do not know how they do it but they turn them down they say. 

59 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

This. With anything, when you give certain breeds of people anything they will find a way to ruin it. I have a Staffordshire Terrier, that I am sure many would label a pitbull. He's an old guy now, but he was raised right and never had any issues outside of him digging in the trash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

This. With anything, when you give certain breeds of people anything they will find a way to ruin it. I have a Staffordshire Terrier, that I am sure many would label a pitbull. He's an old guy now, but he was raised right and never had any issues outside of him digging in the trash. 

While on vacation in SFO me and my family were waiting for a train. There was a dude waiting as well with a Straffordshire Terrier.  We also mistook him as a Pit until the guy explained the difference.  This dog was so friendly and awesome.  HUGE pumpkin head but a big softie.  Nothing better than meeting a nice dog when you're missing yours at home.