Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Make your predictions! Starting QBs for 2020 season

Any word on Burrow giving the Bungles the bird?

Make money on your 2nd contract, not your 1st.

Brew Drees has announced he is returning to the Saints. 

Where will Bridgewater go?

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

I'm guessing SD or Vegas.

For the money, I'd rather have him over Dak.

18 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I'm guessing SD or Vegas.

For the money, I'd rather have him over Dak.

Jerrah is going to pay Dak 100 million guaranteed @ 40 per year over 7 years or something ridiculous

How come Peyton Manning gets more grief than Brees about not getting it done in the playoffs? 

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

Jerrah is going to pay Dak 100 million guaranteed @ 40 per year over 7 years or something ridiculous

Cowboys blew it when they caved to Zeke but decided to play hardball with the franchise QB. They let the Rams / Eagles set the market and now they’ll have to pay a king’s ransom.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Cowboys blew it when they caved to Zeke but decided to play hardball with the franchise QB. They let the Rams / Eagles set the market and now they’ll have to pay a king’s ransom.

Jerrah being Jerrah.   Wentz is worth what he got and Goff is not. Dak doesn't get hurt, so you have to assume 40 million is where he will be

18 minutes ago, edjr said:

Won't be $40m - but he will pay him.. But maybe not until 2021 - there's an even chance he tags him this year too.

Just now, Cruzer said:

Won't be $40m - but he will pay him.. But maybe not until 2021 - there's an even chance he tags him this year too.

27 million if that happens. Smart move for Jerry to do that. 

Just now, edjr said:

27 million if that happens. Smart move for Jerry to do that. 

True... the only problem is Jerry would like to actually tag Amari instead.

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

True... the only problem is Jerry would like to actually tag Amari instead.

Was he hurt last year? he dropped off bigly

ETA:  paying a QB/RB/WR top 5 money is a sure fire way of making sure you never win

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Jerrah being Jerrah.   Wentz is worth what he got and Goff is not. Dak doesn't get hurt, so you have to assume 40 million is where he will be

I used to think Dak was the problem and Zeke was the straw that stirs the drink. I was wrong. The Cowboys could replace Zeke with a committee of mid round picks and they’d be fine. Dak isn’t great, but he is a very good starter you can win with for the next 5-10 years. 

Hopefully they piss Dak off and go through another 10 years of Quincy Carter types after he walks.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I used to think Dak was the problem and Zeke was the straw that stirs the drink. I was wrong. The Cowboys could replace Zeke with a committee of mid round picks and they’d be fine. Dak isn’t great, but he is a very good starter you can win with for the next 5-10 years. 

Hopefully they piss Dak off and go through another 10 years of Quincy Carter types after he walks.

Since Terrell Davis a RB has never been the reason a team wins it all.  It's fools good to pay one. Not sure why we know this and the NFL contract signers do not

Just now, edjr said:

Was he hurt last year? he dropped off bigly

Nobody has said yet.

But we all suspect he was - had to be.. Everything really blew up when, on a crucial late 4th and 8, in a Dec./Division deciding game - Amari was taken off the field.

Given the F'kd up culture of this team and climate - it could have been another Jason Garrett blunder - who knows.

But no question Coop is a difference maker - even more vital to this offense than Zeke.

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

I've been preaching this for years.

You pay RBs for Pro Bowls, not Super Bowls... The league's leading rusher has won the SB something like once since the days of Emmitt.

Just now, Cruzer said:

You pay RBs for Pro Bowls, not Super Bowls... The league's leading rusher has won the SB something like once since the days of Emmitt.

Yep. Smart teams invest in the lines and QB. You can cobble a good running game together with mid round picks and low rent FAs. By the time the Giants are good again they’ll have ridden Saquon into the ground.

none better than Mahomes :banana:

also, as others have said Lock is the Broncos guy for the time being.  Teammates love the guy too.

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

Dak's problem is that he's a good QB who wants to be paid like an elite QB.  He's a step above the Quincy Carters but way below the league's top QBs.  It puts Dallas in a tough spot. If he would just accept who he actually is, and how much his success revolves around having a great RB, WR, and offensive line, all of which needs to get paid, they could be a power for years to come. But Dak seems determined to get top shelf money and keep them from having the cap space to fill in around him. Take away the league's best line and Dak becomes very very average at best.

7 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

The Cowboys didn't win squat when Zeke was getting paid peanuts too, nor are the Giants with Barkley.

Dak is def not elite.

But he made huge strides last year and even shined at times...  My grain of salt is that he's had Garrett, Linehan and the rest of that bunch for his entire career... One thing we know for sure, everywhere McCarthy's been - his QBs have thrived... I'm very interested (and eager) to see what kind of QB Dak can be with a new HC, away from the previous clown show.

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Dak's problem is that he's a good QB who wants to be paid like an elite QB.  He's a step above the Quincy Carters but way below the league's top QBs.  It puts Dallas in a tough spot. If he would just accept who he actually is, and how much his success revolves around having a great RB, WR, and offensive line, all of which needs to get paid, they could be a power for years to come. But Dak seems determined to get top shelf money and keep them from having the cap space to fill in around him. Take away the league's best line and Dak becomes very very average at best.

He should have held out last year, like Zeke did. He's paying for it now.

Just now, edjr said:

The Cowboys didn't win squat when Zeke was getting paid peanuts too, nor are the Giants with Barkley.

As an Eagles fan, I love it. I hope the Giants resign Barkley next year to a mega contract too. 

Just now, edjr said:

BB has won SBs left and right, has rings coming out his ass - and never paid a RB top dollar, not once.

You'd think GMs/Owners would have noticed this - copied it too.... Not Jerry - he's a clown.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Indy

Just now, Cruzer said:

BB has won SBs left and right, has rings coming out his ass - and never paid a RB top dollar, not once.

You'd think GMs/Owners would have noticed this - copied it too.... Not Jerry - he's a clown.

the most Corey Dillon made with the Pats was 4.5 million.  he was probably the highest.

Look at the list of RBs the Patriots won with

Antwoin Smiff/Faulk/Redmond

Smiff/Faulk

Dillon/Faulk

Blount/Lewis/White

Lewis/Gillislee/White/Burkhead

Michelle/White

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Dak is probably a Top 12 or so QB. Those guys get paid. Cowboys screwed themselves by waiting to ink him to a long-term deal. They’ll pay a lot more now.

Just now, MDC said:

Dak is probably a Top 12 or so QB. Those guys get paid. Cowboys screwed themselves by waiting to ink him to a long-term deal. They’ll pay a lot more now.

I'd say 12-15. His line and weapons makes him look better than he is.  But you're right. If you're one of the best 12 or so QBs on the planet, and there's 32 teams, you're getting paid. But he will be the highest paid QB i the league if he sniffs 40 mill/per.  After already having to overpay Zeke, being handcuffed with that salary for that reward, is going to cripple them. 

Wilson makes 35 per. What a travesty it would be for Dak to make that or more.

Just now, edjr said:

Wilson makes 35 per. What a travesty it would be for Dak to make that or more.

It's the way the league works. Next free agent wants to be the new highest paid. Works nice when a Mahomes. Wilson is due.  Really screws the teams that have slightly above average QBs.  

Eagles fans all mouthy about other teams in the NFC East’s contracts, meanwhile they are in the hook for the worst one there is. Wentz. Ooof

15 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I'd say 12-15. His line and weapons makes him look better than he is.  But you're right. If you're one of the best 12 or so QBs on the planet, and there's 32 teams, you're getting paid. But he will be the highest paid QB i the league if he sniffs 40 mill/per.  After already having to overpay Zeke, being handcuffed with that salary for that reward, is going to cripple them. 

Yep. That’s why you need to get a SB win while your franchise QB is still on his rookie deal. 

Like the Eagles did. :first: 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yep. That’s why you need to get a SB win while your franchise QB is still on his rookie deal. 

Like the Eagles did. :first: 

Foles was on a rookie contract :wacko: in 2017 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Eagles fans all mouthy about other teams in the NFC East’s contracts, meanwhile they are in the hook for the worst one there is. Wentz. Ooof

He's no Daniel Jones, that's for sure   😂 🤣

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

He's no Daniel Jones, that's for sure   😂 🤣

Same amount of playoff wins. Which is zero. Wentz has about 7 minutes more playoff experience than Jones. Lol 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Same amount of playoff wins. Which is zero. Wentz has about 7 minutes more playoff experience than Jones. Lol 

Wentz has a ring. Sorry that hurts your piss flaps, but your crying can't take it away. 

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Wentz has a ring. Sorry that hurts your piss flaps, but your crying can't take it away. 

He was awesome. Remember that play that time in the playoffs? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He was awesome. Remember that play that time in the playoffs? 

Still has a ring. Some think that his being the best QB in the league before his injury and clinching home field may have helped the team a little in the playoffs. But he's no Daniel Jones.  Did I mention that he has a ring?  Only NFC East QB to have one. And only signed for 27 mill/per.  Wait till Dak signs his.  Wentz will seem like the Eagles got him on the discount rack.

Just now, The Observer said:

Still has a ring. Some think that his being the best QB in the league before his injury and clinching home field may have helped the team a little in the playoffs. But he's no Daniel Jones.  Did I mention that he has a ring?  Only NFC East QB to have one. And only signed for 27 mill/per.  Wait till Dak signs his.  Wentz will seem like the Eagles got him on the discount rack.

That’s great! His playoff experience should serve him well. All 7 minutes of it. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s great! His playoff experience should serve him well. All 7 minutes of it. 

Chandelier Joe 

Mistake if they pay Dak too much.  He is borderline top ten, just don't think he has the goods to carry a team.