Sign in to follow this  
KayJay1971

Does anyone else get bothered by this?

You go to a brewhouse or a wine bar that also serves food and there is always at least one table with little kids there running around, screaming, etc. I thought I heard that if a place serves food then kids could come in (unlike a bar that is strictly alcohol sales). If I want to go out with my wife and/or friends and relax with a couple (dozen) beers, I certainly don't need little Johnny running into me every 5 minutes as he and his brother play tag around the table. Is Chuck E Cheese still a thing? Shouldn't they go to places like that where kids are encouraged?

Just now, Gladiators said:

Unfortunately, the pedos hang out at Chuck E Cheese, so it’s a no-go.

Oh..Maybe I should stop going too. :ninja:

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

On a positive note, they serve beer...allegedly

I mean, that's the only reason I go.

yeah... not ok to let your kids run free in a restaurant, unless it is designed for it.  Accidents waiting to happen.

All you have to do is give them a judgmental look. They'll get the hint and shush their kids and make them sit down.

Works for me all the time.

9 minutes ago, peenie said:

All you have to do is give them a judgmental look. They'll get the hint and shush their kids and make them sit down.

Works for me all the time.

Well, you are black, so they probably think you will put a cap in their asses.  :o

I kid.

Mostly...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KayJay1971 said:

You go to a brewhouse or a wine bar that also serves food and there is always at least one table with little kids there running around, screaming, etc. I thought I heard that if a place serves food then kids could come in (unlike a bar that is strictly alcohol sales). If I want to go out with my wife and/or friends and relax with a couple (dozen) beers, I certainly don't need little Johnny running into me every 5 minutes as he and his brother play tag around the table. Is Chuck E Cheese still a thing? Shouldn't they go to places like that where kids are encouraged?

I agree. The litmus test for me is a kids menu or if they have crayons. If the place doesn’t have them I don’t take my kids. On the other hand if you’re  at one of those places that do, don’t complain about kids. The few times mine have started crying I take them outside immediately. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I agree. The litmus test for me is a kids menu or if they have crayons. If the place doesn’t have them I don’t take my kids. On the other hand if you’re  at one of those places that do, don’t complain about kids. The few times mine have started crying I take them outside immediately. 

I don't think that is enough.  I've been to plenty of restaurants that have kids menus and crayons.  Red Robin comes to mind.  I don't expect to see kids running around in a Red Robin.

Kids running in restaurants has always been a nit for my wife and me.  We would never let our kids do it; they weren't happy at the time, but my job is not to be the BFF for my young kids, it is to be the parent.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

I don't think that is enough.  I've been to plenty of restaurants that have kids menus and crayons.  Red Robin comes to mind.  I don't expect to see kids running around in a Red Robin.

Kids running in restaurants has always been a nit for my wife and me.  We would never let our kids do it; they weren't happy at the time, but my job is not to be the BFF for my young kids, it is to be the parent.  :thumbsup:

Red Robin? Only been a few times but there were kids everywhere. They even had balloons as soon as you walk in. I think all large chain restaurants are in play. Plus we go around 5 and are out by 6:30. Shouldn’t be kids in most places after 7 or 8 the latest. And we never left them run around. That’s bullshit. 

Kids in the restaurant are fine. Running around the restaurant is only okay in a Chuck E Cheese type spot. My son never does that. 

• Like 1