Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Dress shirts

Three questions:

1. What’s your size?

2. Do you have a preferred brand?

3. Do you have an ideal price point?

15.5 34/35. I have a few brands I like but Lauren, Eagle or Club Room are the ones but most often. I only buy on sale but most often looking at $30-40.

Just making conversation on a slow Wednesday. :mellow: 

Thank God I work in an office where I don't need to wear a shirt and tie.  I only put on a dress shirt for special occasions / deaths. 

I just bought a couple of suits and got some new shirts at the same time.  So, they measured me.  

They had me at 17, 32-33.  I hate the sleeves being too short and the neck too tight, so I feel more comfortable with 17.5, 34-35.  I have several that I have purchased with those measurements and they are decent, so long as I get a tapered/athletic fit, so that they are not so big in the waist.

I buy Stafford and Van Heussen generally, but I have others that are slightly different.  I will spend between $25-40 per, but most of the time I spend closer to $25-30 each. 

+2 for Brooks Brothers. They have the best shirts. Most others burn my nipples if i'm not wearing a wife beater or t-shirt. 

16.5 - 33

I have a Brooks Brothers outlet near me and I sometimes find them at places like Marshalls and TJ Max. 

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

+2 for Brooks Brothers. They have the best shirts. Most others burn my nipples if i'm not wearing a wife beater or t-shirt. 

I thought everybody wore a wife beater or undershirt under dress shirts. 

Just now, MDC said:

I thought everybody wore a wife beater or undershirt under dress shirts. 

If I am sweating like a pig in church i'll go sans undershirt. 

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

If I am sweating like a pig in church i'll go sans undershirt. 

That’s why I wear undershirts - otherwise I sweat right through the dress shirt. Go figure.

Just now, vuduchile said:

I don't.

Do you go commando under the pants too?

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Do you go commando under the pants too?

Ocassionally

eta: I hate anything that restricts movement or feels tight..  The main exception is when I'm doing anything active.  I can't have my junk flopping around and getting banged up so I wear boxer briefs to keep it bottled up.  

I am one of the lucky ones as well. I wear jeans and a polo shirt to work every day. If we are going out on the weekends I will wear a button up shirt though.

16 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

16.5 - 33

I have a Brooks Brothers outlet near me and I sometimes find them at places like Marshalls and TJ Max. 

Yep. Love Brooks Brothers. Have one at the outlets we go to. I don’t wear shirt and tie often though. Still, I’m addicted to going and getting stuff from there 😳

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Three questions:

1. What’s your size?

15.5 34/35. I have a few brands I like but Lauren, Eagle or Club Room are the ones but most often. I only buy on sale but most often looking at $30-40.

These are clerk-level brands.  Like "get me coffee" gofer brands.

• Like 1

16.5 32/33

No brand loyalty - lots of great quality brands out there... I mostly look for great deals. No way in fock I'd ever pay more than $50 for a dress shirt. 

12 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

16.5 32/33

No brand loyalty - lots of great quality brands out there... I mostly look for great deals. No way in fock I'd ever pay more than $50 for a dress shirt. 

Me neither. $40-45 is my cutoff. I have 12-15 dress shirts in rotation at any time and end up having to replace maybe 2 per year. No way I am dropping $50+ per.

Just now, MDC said:

Me neither. $40-45 is my cutoff. I have 12-15 dress shirts in rotation at any time and end up having to replace maybe 2 per year. No way I am dropping $50+ per.

I buy them online now.... Most are $25.

1.  15.5 - 33. 

2.  I'm pretty thin (5'11, 160-165) and my goto shirt is Banana Republic, Medium, Slim fit.  I also bought a Brooks Brothers and Jos A Banks each over the holidays, both fit in the arms and neck but are a little large in the body for my taste.  I did also buy two BB suits (40, Regent fit) that fit really well.

3.  I bought 4 BR shirts over the holidays because they were bigly on sale, in the $20s I think, some maybe in the teens.  I don't typically pay more than $40 but I don't have a hard cutoff.  If we see a shirt that my wife thinks will look good on me, I'll pay more.  Also the BB suits were 2 for 1 at an outlet store, I forget how much but pretty cheap for BBs.

18.5, 33/34

18 minutes ago, MDC said:

17 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I still have a handful of Brooks Brothers shirts I bought back in the 90’s that are still in good shape.  

A good quality shirt should last more than a couple years unless you’re really hard on them.  

21 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I can’t do that. I’ve gotta go try them on. Made the mistake of buying some online back in 2010-2012 (can’t remember exact year I just know it was around then). Shirts felt stiff and didn’t fit right despite being the correct size I normally buy. $500 worth of shirts I returned and just went to the store 

4 hours ago, MDC said:

Three questions:

1. What’s your size? 16.5 32/33, or l/xl

bb, van huesen, tommy Bahama

$40-$100

16.5 32/33 fitted. Van Huesan usually.  I can usually pick them up at an outlet mall for $20ish bucks. 

I can wear golf shirts to work so I only wear dress shirts to meet elected officials, taxing authorities and going out.  

1 hour ago, Secret Asian Man said:

I wear dress shirts and sports coats. There is a Dillards Outlet right down the road from my job. I get most of my stuff there. The prices are just unbelievable. 

Don't you mean unberievabre? 

1 hour ago, Secret Asian Man said:

I wear dress shirts and sports coats. There is a Dillards Outlet right down the road from my job. I get most of my stuff there. The prices are just unbelievable. 

Forgot to log out and log back in? :lol:

9 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Forgot to log out and log back in? :lol:

obviousry

17/34 for dress or L for the casual button ups

Brooks Brothers Outlet

3/$170

I know the outlet store shirts are not the same quality as the mall store shirts but they look good and fit right.

Usually buy twice a year when they have the holiday weekend "sales", that keeps a fresh rotation.