KayJay1971

Any red wine loving geeks out there?

14 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

They had a good sale on Hess Select Cab, which is another that I like drinking.  

I like that one as well.

Costco has come really good prices on wine. Picked up a bottle of this (mine is 2014 though not 2012) for $28 bucks

https://www.totalwine.com/wine/red-wine/cabernet-sauvignon/long-meadow-ranch-cabernet-napa/p/38416750?s=1121&igrules=true

Also got a bottle of 2016 The Prisoner for 39.99 and I have seen it around on sale other places for $53+

:banana:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KayJay1971 said:

Also got a bottle of 2016 The Prisoner for 39.99 and I have seen it around on sale other places for $53+

:banana:

One of my favorites and a great value for how it drinks.

On 2/12/2020 at 10:16 PM, Bier Meister said:

a value blend compared to these is the prisoner from Orin swift

We have recently tried Saldo which is from the Prisoner Wine Co. I thought it was very good and can be found at Trader Joe's for around $20.00.

https://www.theprisonerwinecompany.com/Saldo

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

We have recently tried Saldo which is from the Prisoner Wine Co. I thought it was very good and can be found at Trader Joe's for around $20.00.

Shoot we just hit TJ's this weekend.  I'll put on the list to try.

Edit: picked up some borolo, nebbiolo, merlot led blends from st emilion, white rhone blends, vermentino, vernaccia, gruners, alsacian rieslings

1 hour ago, KayJay1971 said:

That looks good, thanks for the rec.  My wife like the bolder reds and zins are among her favorites.  :cheers:

We recently got a few variants of "Odd Lot" from Monterrey County.  One is a cab/syrah blend, I'm guessing more on the syrah side because it is relatively light, drank like a pinot noir to me.  The other was a petite verdot/petite syrah blend which was bolder.  I think the wife got them at Fry's (Kroger back east), probably in the $15 range.

Wife’s favorite blend is a brand called Cooper and thief, she gets it at T.J. and Ralph’s or other places.

On 5/4/2020 at 8:07 PM, wiffleball said:

Rex Goliath ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I just looked this one up and it has a giant cack on the label? 

19 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

I just looked this one up and it has a giant cack on the label? 

Fat Cowck Nectar :wub:

General red wine question: After you uncork a bottle is there a 7-day shelf-life before wine goes 'bad'?

7 minutes ago, Flipper said:

General red wine question: After you uncork a bottle is there a 7-day shelf-life before wine goes 'bad'?

Do you have a seal that allows for removing extra air? If so, it lasts longer, but I am not sure about 7 days because we don’t wait that long. The quality of wine will be a factor too.

15 minutes ago, Flipper said:

Depends on the bottle, and your preservation equipment and temperature. With just its own cork, I have had some last a couple of weeks.  Some have turned in a few days.