cyclone24

Which passenger is in the wrong here?

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

I'd rather phrase it as who's in the wrong.  He is.  Clearly. 

Good point.  Edited. 

Hitting the seat is pretty juvenile.

I pretty much only recline if the person in front of me has, and I give the person behind me a little notice.

I rarely do a full recline except for long, late flights where everyone is sleeping.  Sometimes I'll recline a few inches which on some planes I find makes a significant comfort difference, without (hopefully) being too inconvenient to the person behind me.

The guy is a doosh. The woman is using the seat in the way it was designed.

I’d say the soy boy cuck is in the wrong. But I understand his frustration. 

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

Hitting the seat is pretty juvenile.

I pretty much only recline if the person in front of me has, and I give the person behind me a little notice.

This

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I rarely do a full recline except for long, late flights where everyone is sleeping.  Sometimes I'll recline a few inches which on some planes I find makes a significant comfort difference, without (hopefully) being too inconvenient to the person behind me.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Gladiators said:

Based solely on what we see in the video, he’s clearly in the wrong.

Agreed.

Both are dooshes.

- he should not be a bullying a$$. If that was a dude in front of him, he wouldn’t do that

- she should not do the full recline and shouldn’t have videotaped it. Let the flight attendants deal with it.

34 minutes ago, Reality said:

Reclining shouldn't even be an option. 

Yeah. With as little room as they give you, it's ridiculous. I have really long legs, it kills me. Yesterday some chick throws her armrest back, and it smacked me right in the kneecap. 

Budget Asian airlines blow.

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yeah. With as little room as they give you, it's ridiculous. I have really long legs, it kills me. Yesterday some chick throws her armrest back, and it smacked me right in the kneecap. 

Seats like a rickshaw? :dunno:

Guy is a doosh, but reclining pisses me off.  Especially when the azzhole in front of you does it real quick and jeopardizes any food or drinks you have out on the pitiful little tray table in front of you. 

I'm average height and never recline. 

59 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yup, I'm not as tall as you but even at 6'1, it's still a struggle. Knees start in the seat in front of me, any reclining and I'm focked . I try to be cool about it but, reclining in my lap isn't going to work.

8 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Reclining is the courteous way of informing the hottie next you that you’re ready for a bj.

Do you ask him his name afterwards, or does keeping it anonymous make it hotter for you? 

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

Do you ask him his name afterwards, or does keeping it anonymous make it hotter for you? 

NEVER ask for their name. So much to learn.

Woman being a little inconsiderate.  Guy is being a full-fledged asswhole.  I would love for that to be me in front of him. But he's only doing it because it's a woman. He wouldn't do that to a male passenger.

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

Woman being a little inconsiderate.  Guy is being a full-fledged asswhole.  I would love for that to be me in front of him. But he's only doing it because it's a woman. He wouldn't do that to a male passenger.

It's tough because what do you do even as a male passenger? You gonna beat his a** on the plane? And then now your arrested getting off a plane when you're trying to get somewhere obviously because you're flying. Or worse they divert the plane and now everyone is inconvenienced.

Going to wait until your off the plane and in the terminal? Not sure that's much better. You're still trying to get somewhere and now you're probably going to jail most likely in a foreign city to you.

5 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

It's tough because what do you do even as a male passenger? You gonna beat his a** on the plane? And then now your arrested getting off a plane when you're trying to get somewhere obviously because you're flying. Or worse they divert the plane and now everyone is inconvenienced.

Going to wait until your off the plane and in the terminal? Not sure that's much better. You're still trying to get somewhere and now you're probably going to jail most likely in a foreign city to you.

I know it's tough. I don't think you pop out of your seat and start pounding him. Me, personally, would ask if he has a problem. His reply would determine mine.  But let's face it, he'd never be doing that to a guy's seat. 

15 hours ago, Gladiators said:

NEVER ask for their name. So much to learn.

My name is Bob. 🙄

21 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

I never have this issue in First Class you peasants.

First class?  I have a private jet.  

• Haha 1

both are douches and I didn't even read the OP

Those seats are designed to recline back - as passenger, you know this.

If you don't like or have a problem with it take the bus, a boat or walk..... The dude was a tool.

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

If you don't like or have a problem with it take the bus, a boat or walk..... The dude was a tool.

Or buy an upgraded level of seating.  And it doesn't have to be first class.  We flew to Santa Barbara a couple weeks ago and got the upgraded economy on United.  There was plenty of legroom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Exactly. I remember a discussion about this years ago. Some geek said reclining the chair is “an act of aggression.” Wtf?

The seats are built to recline. :wacko: 

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Yep, if you dont like seats that recline,  fly spirit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Exactly. I remember a discussion about this years ago. Some geek said reclining the chair is “an act of aggression.” Wtf?

The guy in the back row gets screwed because his seat doesn't recline. But that's certainly not the person in front of him's problem. He's obviously an asswhole and even more so because he was doing it to a woman. 

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

Maybe 2-3% of the time, it might be an act of aggression. More often it is hasty lack of awareness.

I'm super passive aggressive until someone says anything and then I'll run my mouth pretty good. So if I ever have someone in front of me reclined I make sure to adjust every now and then and put that knee nicely square in their back. If I have to get up for any reason I'm pulling down on the back of that seat like it's the God dammed price is right wheel.

I mean not over and over again for the entire flight I mean I'm not some animal.

22 minutes ago, The Observer said:

The guy in the back row gets screwed because his seat doesn't recline. But that's certainly not the person in front of him's problem. He's obviously an asswhole and even more so because he was doing it to a woman. 

Yeah, because women are more important than men in these matters. Does it matter what race they are too?  :blink:

Are you simply stupid across the board? I'm guessing so because you have never once made sense in any post you put up. Jeez. You need to stay off the internet even though it gives you fake muscle and fake everything else you want in life.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah, because women are more important than men in these matters. Does it matter what race they are too?  :blink:

Are you simply stupid across the board? I'm guessing so because you have never once made sense in any post you put up. Jeez. You need to stay off the internet even though it gives you fake muscle and fake everything else you want in life.

I believe TO's point was that he did not think the guy in back would do it to a male (that he's a wuss).

The guy has the stereotypical soyboy look. I guarantee you that he drinks drizzly sweet latte's, wears running tights when he jogs, and voted for Hillary. He is the one in the wrong here, and in every facet of his life.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cruzer said:

That is less and less true. The more seats they pack in, many airlines are making them unable to recline these days. 

46 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

That is less and less true. The more seats they pack in, many airlines are making them unable to recline these days. 

Then great, those don't recline - no issue.

But the ones that do, as clearly this one does - the paying customer has every right to recline it.