cyclone24

Which passenger is in the wrong here?

I hate people who recline into me.  I’m very tall, and it puts their head right in my face if they recline far enough.

I’ve had two incidents.  One guy was reclining and I had to stare at his ball spot all day 8 inches from my face.  Then he put his arm over his head and was basically putting his hand in my face, so I knocked it away.  He never even turned around.

the second one was on a flight to Tahiti.  My knees were basically in his back already just because that’s all the room I had.  He got mad and he stood up and I just pointed and said, “where am I supposed to put my legs?”  This asshòle then proceeds to grab the back of his seat and yank it as far back as it could possibly go.  The back of his seat was probably an inch from my face.  I just thrust my legs forward and his seat went flying back up and he got pushed forward.  He called the flight attendant.  I just did the same thing.  Pointed at my legs and asked what I’m supposed to do with them.

It’s a simple solution.  The seats should be designed such that if you recline, you take away your own leg room and not the person behind you.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Then great, those don't recline - no issue.

But the ones that do, as clearly this one does - the paying customer has every right to recline it. 

The problem with this attitude is a shitty design.  It’s common decency not to jam your chair into someone’s legs just so you can be uncomfortable in a slightly different way than if you weren’t reclined.  

If the seat reclined so far it put your head in someone’s lap, you’d do it and say, “well I can.”  Instead you should recognize the shittiness for the other person, and just not do it.

• Like 1

That guy is a dlck. There is no way I would not call him out. Just like the parents who let their kids kick the back of your seat repeatedly and doesn't stop the kid. Just keeps saying. "Don't do that.", without actually enforcing it. Double whammy bad.

Raise the air fare and have less seats. There is far too much trash flying these days. Look at all the incidents on planes now.  Problem fixed. 

On 2/13/2020 at 4:41 PM, Reality said:

Reclining shouldn't even be an option. 

What if you're a pilot? 

21 hours ago, patweisers44 said:

I never have this issue in First Class you peasants.

👍

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Raise the air fare and have less seats. There is far too much trash flying these days. Look at all the incidents on planes now.  Problem fixed. 

1000% agree. 

We need to start pricing out the rift raft in literally every phase of life.

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

1000% agree. 

Last time I was in Disney and observing all the trash with tattoos dressed like they were doing yard work I wondered how the f they afford this place.  Credit cards and tax returns I guess. 

10 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

1000% agree. 

Isn't that what first class is for?  To keep us affluent folks away from the poor bastards?

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Isn't that what first class is for?  To keep us affluent folks away from the poor bastards?

I can’t believe first class is still allowed. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good call.  Having to fly economy "disproportionately affects poor people"!!!!   #RESIST!!!! 

23 hours ago, nobody said:

The problem with this attitude is a shitty design.  It’s common decency not to jam your chair into someone’s legs just so you can be uncomfortable in a slightly different way than if you weren’t reclined.  

If the seat reclined so far it put your head in someone’s lap, you’d do it and say, “well I can.”  Instead you should recognize the shittiness for the other person, and just not do it.

Give me a break - you (and many) act like it reclined 2 1/2 feet... Most airline Economy seats recline 2" - big whoop. 

This guy had his tray pulled out, nobody told him to do that - he chose to. And not to eat or do anything essential - but so he could watch his phone. Again, give me a break. 

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

First class itself is one thing. What I think is b.s. and shouldn't be allowed is that first class has its own express line at security, and in many cases is allowed to go to a different immigration area. Those are government services. They should not be tiered like that.

In October, I flew from China to Bangkok first class, and then to Bhutan a day later. It was some ritzy tour my dad booked. It was crazy. Some chick met us coming off the plane in Bangkok, took us via some secret back hallway to an immigration desk all by itself, and then straight to the baggage claim, where our stuff was sitting, as they unload first class first.

40 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Give me a break - you (and many) act like it reclined 2 1/2 feet... Most airline Economy seats recline 2" - big whoop. 

This guy had his tray pulled out, nobody told him to do that - he chose to. And not to eat or do anything essential - but so he could watch his phone. Again, give me a break. 

If it's only 2" then why do you need to do it so bad?

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

I ask the GC wives this all the time...

On 2/15/2020 at 11:48 AM, The Observer said:

"Us"? You are ghetto dude. No "us" with that point of view. :nono:

"Wendi is worried the repeated whiplash from the seat punches may have damaged her vertebrae -- she says she has a medical history -- and she wants AA to fork over some money to pay for an MRI and possible medical bills."

nevermind....fock this chick. Shes suing American airlines. 

On 2/14/2020 at 11:02 AM, Cruzer said:

Those seats are designed to recline back - as passenger, you know this.

If you don't like or have a problem with it take the bus, a boat or walk..... The dude was a tool.

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

So the recliner person is justified because the seat is designed that way, but the person using his tray table for a reason other than eating is a no-no? 

Guy is still a doosh, but it seems like you're contradicting yourself a bit. 

If I were in the window seat next to that dude (or across the isle or next to the lady), I would have told him to deal with it and stop acting like a little douche. No two ways about it. And I would have made a bigger deal out of it if he kept doing it. That dude is a dlck. Sounds like something newbie would do.

7 hours ago, DonS said:

So the recliner person is justified because the seat is designed that way, but the person using his tray table for a reason other than eating is a no-no? 

Guy is still a doosh, but it seems like you're contradicting yourself a bit. 

On the contrary, I think it validates the point even more.

This guy has the right to exercise his seat option - but she doesn't? 

8 hours ago, nobody said:

Now that I can't answer, have to ask her I guess.

But in any event, as a paying customer you are entitled to use those 2" if you chose. Anyone flying assumes this as a possibility ahead of time and should be prepared for it.. Don't like? Like I said, take the bus. 

Where are the pleather seats located in a plane? First class?

My seat in coach only went back a little bit. It's only a bother if the person behind you is trying to eat. The flight attendant instructs people to sit up their chairs when they serve drinks, food, takeoff and landing. The rest of the flight you are free to recline your chair.

I would've asked the man once maybe twice, then I would've asked the flight attendants to get involved. 

He was being rude. The woman was only moving the chair back as it was designed to do. Blame the airline.

I just looked at the video again. He was watching a movie on his cell phone. A tiny phone! He wasn't working on a spreadsheet using his laptop. He was not inconvenienced by her chair. He was being a jerk.

He wouldn't have done that to a man I bet.

56 minutes ago, peenie said:

Where are the pleather seats located in a plane? First class?

My seat in coach only went back a little bit. It's only a bother if the person behind you is trying to eat. The flight attendant instructs people to sit up their chairs when they serve drinks, food, takeoff and landing. The rest of the flight you are free to recline your chair.

I would've asked the man once maybe twice, then I would've asked the flight attendants to get involved. 

He was being rude. The woman was only moving the chair back as it was designed to do. Blame the airline.

She did in the flight attendant gave her some sort of warning that she was being disruptive. 

Shes suing AA and wants charges pressed against the guy

18 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

She did in the flight attendant gave her some sort of warning that she was being disruptive. 

Shes suing AA and wants charges pressed against the guy

Wait, wut?

She was told to sit her chair up but did not? 

Well, in that case I guess she was wrong. 

But why have the chair even have that option it you can't use it? How was he even bothered? The chair want touching him.

Whatever...

14 minutes ago, peenie said:

Wait, wut?

She was told to sit her chair up but did not? 

Well, in that case I guess she was wrong. 

But why have the chair even have that option it you can't use it? How was he even bothered? The chair want touching him.

Whatever...

I don't know about making her sit her chair up but for whatever reason the flight attendant even felt like she was being a pain.

Has this guy been outed yet as to who he is? Kind of surprised we haven't heard from this guy.

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

On the contrary, I think it validates the point even more.

This guy has the right to exercise his seat option - but she doesn't? 

Fair enough.  I interpreted your "not doing anything essential" comment the opposite way but now I see what you're getting at. :thumbsup:

Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. 

On 2/15/2020 at 1:47 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ah, for the days when aviation was a gentleman's pursuit, back before every Joe sweat sock could wedge himself behind a lunch tray and jet off to Raleigh-Durham.

There are whole animal rights movements protesting giving animals the same amount of room these airlines give you.

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

There are whole animal rights movements protesting giving animals the same amount of room these airlines give you.

Sh1t.  Now I have to worry about an azzhole cat reclining into me? 

17 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Ah, for the days when aviation was a gentleman's pursuit, back before every Joe sweat sock could wedge himself behind a lunch tray 

Joe sweat sock! :first:

I have flown on no less than 1000 flights over the years. And someone reclining a couple inches back in their seat in front of me is one of the least bothersome things I can think of. That obnoxious dude mentioned he needed to eat his lunch. I tend not to bring a lunch onto the flight with me. I can normally last a few hours without needing a meatball sandwich and a side of fries and eating it in a filthy cramped tube, on a dirty surface with people all around sneezing and coughing and farting all their sickness in the air around me.