:lol:

Nice W 90's.  :cheers:

5 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Nice W 90's.  :cheers:

Yep...Great win. :cheers:
+12 on the leader.

Bump for the Paperclip. :cheers:

I hope Martin wins this one. He's due. Although I'll be watching the Boys/Bears game mostly. 

2 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Bump for the Paperclip. :cheers:

I hope Martin wins this one. He's due. Although I'll be watching the Boys/Bears game mostly. 

Go kittens :banana:

10 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Go kittens :banana:

Almost the exact same lineup again. :cheers:

• Like 1

The 1 has to get by the 11 to stay in the chase. Denny owes him one. 

🍿 🍺

:shocking:

:cheers: to Chastain. That was fockin nuts! 

Just now, 5-Points said:

:shocking:

:cheers: to Chastain. That was fockin nuts! 

Most amazing thing I've ever seen in NASCAR.  WOW :pointstosky:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, posty said:

There will be a rule change next year…

There will be many rule changes, but not for a move like Chastain just did. 

Just now, SUXBNME said:

It will be addressed for sure….

5 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Also, congrats on the win, 5-Points :doublethumbsup:

+1

Lots of big scores today, very nice win.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Also, congrats on the win, 5-Points :doublethumbsup:

:banana: Only 384 points out of first!

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

+1

Lots of big scores today, very nice win.

:cheers:

I'm just trying to get to 3rd at this point. 

12 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

:banana: Only 384 points out of first!

Who's in first? ...I forgot

1 hour ago, SUXBNME said:

There will be something about passing cars will running into the wall.

Greatest move ever though and funny every time you see it. looks fake.

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

It is a safety issue for sure…

3 minutes ago, posty said:

Well...mebbe. 
Also, why did you quit last season mid year?  (Or so I heard)

45 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Well...mebbe. 
Also, why did you quit last season mid year?  (Or so I heard)

It was two years ago…

I quit because I don’t follow racing at all and I also didn’t like all of the rules…  IMO it would have made more sense to pick like 3-5 drivers and get the points if they lead after a chase ends…  For someone that doesn’t follow racing, picking five drivers and winners of each chase and a car manufacturer was just too much…

3 hours ago, posty said:

I disagree.  In what way is it a safety issue?  And assuming it is, how is it any less safe than what they do with restrictor plates at superspeedways, a rule that is guaranteed to cause a massive wreck at close to 200 MPH?  I don't see what Ross did as a safety issue at all.  You didn't hear any of the drivers suggesting that so I'm curious why you think it is.

11 hours ago, lod001 said:

Greatest move ever though and funny every time you see it. looks fake.

For sure. Great move but if they don't make a rule change everyone will send it at Martinsville on the last lap.

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

For sure. Great move but if they don't make a rule change everyone will send it at Martinsville on the last lap.

There were like 15 cars on the lead lap.  What benefit would there be  for someone like Martin Truex, running at least 2 laps down, to tear up his car running against the wall?  To gain a few spots?   You can't do that too long or you're going to make the car undriveable.  You guys are overestimating how many people will do this.  It made sense for Ross, in his particular situation, but I don't think it will become a widespread practice.  But even if a few cars did do it, so what.  I'm still trying to figure out what the objection is.  It made a fairly mundane race exciting at the end. 

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

There were like 15 cars on the lead lap.  What benefit would there be  for someone like Martin Truex, running at least 2 laps down, to tear up his car running against the wall?  To gain a few spots?   You can't do that too long or you're going to make the car undriveable.  You guys are overestimating how many people will do this.  It made sense for Ross, in his particular situation, but I don't think it will become a widespread practice.  But even if a few cars did do it, so what.  I'm still trying to figure out what the objection is.  It made a fairly mundane race exciting at the end. 

You can make up 2 seconds with that move and it's a cutoff race, people will absolutely try it. 1.5 behind the leader and you need a win? Why not.

Because I don't want the last lap of Martinsville to be a bunch of people sending it into 3.

Obviously they wouldn't so that move at anytime except the last lap, I thought that went without being said but I guess not.

That was a great race even without that move. 

My guess is there will be some kind of rule addressing this, basically a Ross did something nobody had considered before and we really don't want people driving faster than the track is designed for safety issue.  How you enforce someone going for the win, or a couple of positions on the last lap though, I have no idea.

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

My guess is there will be some kind of rule addressing this, basically a Ross did something nobody had considered before and we really don't want people driving faster than the track is designed for safety issue.  How you enforce someone going for the win, or a couple of positions on the last lap though, I have no idea.

Martinsville is definitely the only track that could be pulled off at, mid corner speed is too fast everywhere else. Rule would be you cant use the wall to decrease your lap time, they had a similar issue with iRacing in the Coke series 4-5 years ago.

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Race tracks are not designed for specific speeds.  You realize race tracks get used for a variety of types of racing, with equipment capable of wide varieties of speed, right?  They don't design a race track for a certain speed and Ross' speed certainly in and of itself wasn't unsafe. 

You guys seem to be saying "I don't like what he did" and working back from there, which is really not the best way to formulate a stance.  But you don't define WHY you don't like it.   And, if you did, I'd be able to find examples that meet the exact same criteria that you're complaining about that are currently legal and you have no problem with. 

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

Race tracks are not designed for specific speeds.  You realize race tracks get used for a variety of types of racing, with equipment capable of wide varieties of speed, right?  They don't design a race track for a certain speed and Ross' speed certainly in and of itself wasn't unsafe. 

You guys seem to be saying "I don't like what he did" and working back from there, which is really not the best way to formulate a stance.  But you don't define WHY you don't like it.   And, if you did, I'd be able to find examples that meet the exact same criteria that you're complaining about that are currently legal and you have no problem with. 

Martinsville was built in 1949 and the original lap record was 54mph, almost 15 seconds off today's pace.

He found a grey area and took advantage of it. But going forward there should be a rule. Otherwise the last lap of Martinsville will have  multiple drivers attempting that move and it will taint every finish, if you dont think that will happen you're nuts.

Also this move could have never been pulled off in any generation of Cup car except this one.

And I'll take you up on that challenge, please find an example.

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Martinsville was built in 1949 and the original lap record was 54mph, almost 15 seconds off today's pace.

He found a grey area and took advantage of it. But going forward there should be a rule. Otherwise the last lap of Martinsville will have  multiple drivers attempting that move and it will taint every finish, if you dont think that will happen you're nuts.

Also this move could have never been pulled off in any generation of Cup car except this one.

It didn't taint the finish.  And I don't care if multiple drivers attempt it.  Even Denny Hamlin, the driver he knocked out of the playoffs with the move, praised it.  Again, you're starting with your conclusion that "it was bad" and working your way back from there to try to justify that conclusion.  You've yet to make a logical argument as to what was bad about it.   There's nothing more "wrong" with this move than spinning a guy out on the last lap to win the race or many other things considered "normal" in NASCAR. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

It didn't taint the finish.  And I don't care if multiple drivers attempt it.  Even Denny Hamlin, the driver he knocked out of the playoffs with the move, praised it.  Again, you're starting with your conclusion that "it was bad" and working your way back from there to try to justify that conclusion.  You've yet to make a logical argument as to what was bad about it.   There's nothing more "wrong" with this move than spinning a guy out on the last lap to win the race or many other things considered "normal" in NASCAR. 

Again, it was an amazing move but there should be a rule moving forward. Using a track will to decrease your lap time by almost two seconds should be illegal, the only reason it wasn't already a rule is because it was never possible before except in this tank of a car. Moving someone out of the way is completely different than riding the focking wall. There will be multiple drivers doing that on the last lap of Martinsville next year because now they know they can, it isn't a hard move to pull off once you know you can do it. Casual.

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Again, it was an amazing move but there should be a rule moving forward. Using a track will to decrease your lap time by almost two seconds should be illegal, the only reason it wasn't already a rule is because it was never possible before except in this tank of a car. Moving someone out of the way is completely different than riding the focking wall. There will be multiple drivers doing that on the last lap of Martinsville next year because now they know they can, it isn't a hard move to pull off once you know you can do it. Casual.

Yeah, because what Ross did didn't impact ONE other drver.  And you're right moving someone is completely different.  It's what you do when you aren't fast enough to actually pass the person.  But you think that's a good thing.  Maybe everyone should just punt everyone all the time.  As predicted, you're ok with punting someone you can't pass but not ok with someone finding an innovative way to make a last lap pass without affecting anyone else.

Just now, Strike said:

Yeah, because what Ross did didn't impact ONE other drver.  And you're right moving someone is completely different.  It's what you do when you aren't fast enough to actually pass the person.  But you think that's a good thing.  Maybe everyone should just punt everyone all the time.  As predicted, you're ok with punting someone you can't pass but not ok with someone finding an innovative way to make a last lap pass without affecting anyone else.

Can't argue with you about it anymore, he rode the wall, ran the fastest lap of the race and might have even broke the track record, he took advantage of a grey area, end of story. If you don't think so you're dense.

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Can't argue with you about it anymore, he rode the wall, ran the fastest lap of the race and might have even broke the track record, he took advantage of a grey area, end of story. If you don't think so you're dense.

There was no gray area.