Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

GC Fantasy Nascar

9 minutes ago, posty said:

Do they have the stupid scoring rules like NASCAR does?

This will be my first year using NASCAR.com version, so I don't know what scoring system they use. The FAQ was TLDR

6 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

This will be my first year using NASCAR.com version, so I don't know what scoring system they use. The FAQ was TLDR

Gotcha...  I never done fantasy NASCAR so I am just assuming one would get points for stage winners, stage top 10, most miles turned left on tires older than 40 laps, etc...

2 minutes ago, posty said:

Gotcha...  I never done fantasy NASCAR so I am just assuming one would get points for stage winners, stage top 10, most miles turned left on tires older than 40 laps, etc...

Sounds about right. :thumbsup:

@posty Why did you join then drop out?

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

@posty Why did you join then drop out?

I was just expecting to pick five drivers for each race, not including manufacturing winner, stage 1 winner, stage 2 winner, etc...  I don't follow NASCAR that closely to know that stuff to make this enjoyable for me...  Hell I am lucky to just recognize some of the drivers...

That was why I dropped out...

7 minutes ago, posty said:

I was just expecting to pick five drivers for each race, not including manufacturing winner, stage 1 winner, stage 2 winner, etc...  I don't follow NASCAR that closely to know that stuff to make this enjoyable for me...  Hell I am lucky to just recognize some of the drivers...

Just pick Toyota every time. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Looks like you can only use a driver a max of 10 times throughout the entire season as well, not sure if you all noticed that. 

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Looks like you can only use a driver a max of 10 times throughout the entire season as well, not sure if you all noticed that. 

I did read that. I think it is 10 times regular season and then when the Chase starts it resets to 5 times per driver. 

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I have played in this for a few years. If you choose one or two lower tier drivers each week its not an issue. Some races you can load up your lineup with top drivers and still not have to worry at the end of the season 

• Like 1

You also start each race with one driver in your garage. You can swap him in during the race before the end of stage 2, after that your lineup is locked til the end

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nospk said:

I have played in this for a few years. If you choose one or two lower tier drivers each week its not an issue. Some races you can load up your lineup with top drivers and still not have to worry at the end of the season 

If you already play thrown an entry into this one. The more the better. 

6 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I did read that. I think it is 10 times regular season and then when the Chase starts it resets to 5 times per driver. 

Good to know, I thought it was for all 36.

Just a word of warning, be prepared to get a lot of email from Nascar. You can always unsubscribe 

8 hours ago, posty said:

I would have also played if it was a bit less involved.  I don't follow NASCA that closely either.  I did something once with family where each week we drafted a team of drivers and got points based on how they finished, and if you picked the winning driver that week you got -5 points.  Lowest score obviously won each week and we just kept a tally for the season.  That seemed to work well.  

I'm so trying to log in right now, but my alcoholic brain isn't helping very much at this moment. :mad:

19 hours ago, posty said:

10 hours ago, fandandy said:

I would have also played if it was a bit less involved.  I don't follow NASCA that closely either.  I did something once with family where each week we drafted a team of drivers and got points based on how they finished, and if you picked the winning driver that week you got -5 points.  Lowest score obviously won each week and we just kept a tally for the season.  That seemed to work well.  

You guys should sign up anyway. Basically you pick 5 drivers and an alternate you can plug in if one of your starters wrecks or goes a couple of laps down. You don't even need to do that if you don't want to. 

The stage winner bonus is just that, a bonus. It's all a crap shoot anyway. You can pick one of your drivers or pick somebody else you don't want to spend a start on but think they'll run up front. 

Like BL said, you can pick Toyota every week for the manufacturer bonus. You won't get the bonus every week but you'll be right often enough to just let it ride. 

It's not like we're playing for money. It's just for shits and giggles. 

4 hours ago, 5-Points said:

You guys should sign up anyway. Basically you pick 5 drivers and an alternate you can plug in if one of your starters wrecks or goes a couple of laps down. You don't even need to do that if you don't want to. 

The stage winner bonus is just that, a bonus. It's all a crap shoot anyway. You can pick one of your drivers or pick somebody else you don't want to spend a start on but think they'll run up front. 

Like BL said, you can pick Toyota every week for the manufacturer bonus. You won't get the bonus every week but you'll be right often enough to just let it ride. 

It's not like we're playing for money. It's just for shits and giggles. 

When you say bonus, is that just a tiebreaker?  If it was just the five drivers and one alternate, then I could probably deal with that...  If I don't get penalized for not doing the stage winners, manufacturer, average miles per tire, etc., then I would probably do it...

1 minute ago, posty said:

When you say bonus, is that just a tiebreaker?  If it was just the five drivers and one alternate, then I could probably deal with that...  If I don't get penalized for not doing the stage winners, manufacturer, average miles per tire, etc., then I would probably do it...

You do not get penalized for anything in that bonus section. It’s a wild guess at stage winners that could get you a bonus. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, posty said:

Christ, were not asking you to run laps and do push ups.  Play or don’t, if you don’t GTFO of the thread.  You annoy me with your can’t do attitude.

if you decide to take off your skirt and join....Welcome.  :cheers:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Christ, were not asking you to run laps and do push ups.  Play or don’t, if you don’t GTFO of the thread.  You annoy me with your can’t do attitude

Jesus lighten up I was just asking questions...

10 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

You do not get penalized for anything in that bonus section. It’s a wild guess at stage winners that could get you a bonus. 

Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions that others seem to think were unnecessary...

Just now, posty said:

Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions that others seem to think were unnecessary...

How do you think the rest of us are getting the answers to your questions?  Read the rules dingbat.  You prove lazy.

Just now, Alias Detective said:

How do you think the rest of us are getting the answers to your questions?  Read the rules dingbat.  You prove lazy.

Too long...  Just wanted Cliff’s Notes version...  Thank you...

20 minutes ago, posty said:

You won't get penalized if you don't do it but you'll miss out on potential bonus points. You may as well just pick names out of a hat and fill in the spots. You might get lucky. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, 5-Points said:

You won't get penalized if you don't do it but you'll miss out on potential bonus points. You may as well just pick names out of a hat and fill in the spots. You might get lucky. 

Thank you...  I just went ahead and did that...  I don’t know 99% of the drivers anyway...

Holy fock.  Posty's playing?  I'm in then. 

Question, I assume we can pick the same drivers?  It's not actually a weekly draft?

3 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Question, I assume we can pick the same drivers?  It's not actually a weekly draft?

You can pick any drivers. You can only use each driver 10 times during the regular season. It resets to 5 times per driver on the playoffs. 
The bonus picks at the bottom does NOT count as a driver pick. 

• Thanks 1

You can also leave the same lineup in from one week to the next, like if you forget to change it from the previous race. It will keep the lineup you had until you change it again 

Whoever you leave in your garage also does not count against the 10 times you can start him. 

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

:lol:

You won’t have to worry about not finishing in last...

14 minutes ago, nospk said:

Whoever you leave in your garage also does not count against the 10 times you can start him. 

I know I can read the rules (but I am lazy according to Alias) but if you do make a switch and use your garage driver does that mean you have used six drivers or it is just the five that is in your lineup when the race is over?  Do you know?

8 minutes ago, posty said:

I know I can read the rules (but I am lazy according to Alias) but if you do make a switch and use your garage driver does that mean you have used six drivers or it is just the five that is in your lineup when the race is over?  Do you know?

The guy who is in the garage at the end does not count. You only use 5 max 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nospk said:

The guy who is in the garage at the end does not count. You only use 5 max 

Thank you very much for the explanations...

2 hours ago, posty said:

Thank you...  I just went ahead and did that...  I don’t know 99% of the drivers anyway...

Nice! :thumbsup: