Sign in to follow this  
Torn

Trading Season is Open! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING DEALS

Hi all - great job in getting the draft order locked in!

Against my better judgement, trading season is now open.

Last year, I had a heck of a time trying to adjust the sheet to reactively account for all of the deals. I also recall folks messing trades up because they tried to re-deal draft spots that they already swapped with someone else in a different trade. Painful. Additionally, since we don't have keepers locked yet, you need to be extremely careful to NOT trade for or away draft pick rounds for your likely, but not yet locked keepers. This will create a cascade problem where you won't have a pick in a round you need for that keeper. You'll end up having to give up the next highest available round's pick to put the keeper in. For example, you make a deal that puts a new player in your round 16 OR trade out of round 16 entirely. You then declare a round 16 keeper later. You'll have to give up your round 15 pick to do so (or 14 if round 15 is already clogged as well) because of the pre-keeper lock trade. Be careful!

Now that the draft sheet is up (see separate post), we will at least have a reference to look at to accurately see where our round positioning is at any given moment. However, I can't add keepers until the lock date.

Like last year, please post trades on the forum. Acceptance of a deal is not official until both owners say so via the forum thread. I will tag a thread as being "in sheet" when I have adjusted the draft sheet. Since I can't react immediately to everything, please be mindful of downstream impacts if you try to make multiple deals before I get the draft sheet updated.

One other thing that causes me heartburn. Please avoid conditional trades. You either take a chance with keeper deals or don’t make the deal. Having to potentially roll back changes if a deal is rescinded due to injury makes it even more difficult to keep things straight. It also effects the ability to make other deals with the two managers while a trade is in limbo.

Can I now safely assume that my E-Rod deal is voided if his tweaked knee turns into a big deal? If O’Neill or Woodruff go down, is it assumed that the Disturbed/Strombn trade is voided? If Verdugo’s back gets worse, is my deal with Harry out the window? If Berrios’ arm falls off, is the Talent/Harry deal dead?

Let’s hold off from posting trades until you are ready to obligate. If you are concerned about a medical issue, hold off on posting the deal until keeper deadline day. I will consider all posted and confirmed deals as final and binding. 

Thanks!

• Thanks 1