Sign in to follow this  
Matts Eagles

All year long Buy/Sell thread

It’s never too early or late to discuss buy or sells, or right?

Buys

QB

J Winston— Eye surgery done,  30/30 vision fixed, he is a passing machine 

Baker Mayfield — I think he bounces back this year

Sneaky buy lows for short term production, Ben and Cam, both healthy and looking for redemption 

RB

Darrel Henderson— I think Gurley leads, and Darrel lives up to hype last year 

Kareem Hunt— I think he goes somewhere and becomes a 3 down back

i also like Sony Michel, I think Burkhead and white leave, healthy center and FB, monster year for him

WR

Another bounce back candidate Juju, Ben back, Connor Healthy, probably an added WR or TE weapon

Hunter Renfrow— he will emerge as a poor mans Kupp

short term quality production AJ Green a whole year to get healthy, think he could be had pretty cheap

TE  

Engram- should be healthy and D Jones loves him

also buying second year guys TJ Hochenson and  Fant

sneaky TE Dawson Knox

sells will come later, just wanted to drum up some chat, do post your buy and sell guys

Barring an injury, Winston won't even be a starter next year.  Everyone else, at this point in time, I can agree with.  Of course though, price matters.

If this goes all year, wouldn’t it end in dec 31 , after the buy/ sale period?  

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

If this goes all year, wouldn’t it end in dec 31 , after the buy/ sale period?  

No, it’s starts in offseason, and is reset after Super Bowl.  As always thanks for no input at all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And your very welcome. 

Glad you got that straightened out in your own mind.  

Right!  

Appreciate you. 

Winston passing machine that kills you with ints, plus it depends on where he goes , if he’s not with the Bucs. 

No Godwin and no Evans ouch, now when you say buy how much? 

Mayfield better rebound, if he’s worst he’s done. 

Big Ben is easy, he just needs to stay healthy. 

I don’t see Cam ever rebounded.  

Now when you say buy how much do would you spend on those qbs ?  

Now with the Rbs. 

Henderson I totally would agree with.  

Hunt i hope goes else where, if not  lower ones value of the Chubb, third down rb, he’s better then a lot of starting Rbs now. 

Heck the Rams should pick him up, he would be their rb1.  

Michel we’ll have D Harris to fight off next season, and if Brady leaves ouch. I don’t trust Rbs for the pats anyway, so I wouldn’t start next season. 

But once again I ask, what price do you label of those Rbs. 

Ben back without any question would benefit Juju. 

When is Conner ever healthy?  I would expect about the same from Conner, unless they draft a rb, fear the Snell. 

I think Renfrow we’ll be a one hit wonder. 

And Green as seen his better days, wouldn’t count on him being able to stay  healthy.  

Now once again what’s the price? 

Te. 

I agree with everything but one, Engram can’t stay healthy, he should be, but then the season we’ll start.  

Price?  

Thanks for this tread, appreciate it, can’t wait to read the responses. 

Tata. 

7 hours ago, Matt's Eagles said:

No, it’s starts in offseason, and is reset after Super Bowl.  As always thanks for no input at all

Should have let him be after his first garbage post on this subject. Now he won't stop. :wall:

I haven't started to put together my lists yet but this is a good topic. Hope it lasts. I have a main auction keeper league I have been doing for years but also am joining a new dynasty league this season for the first time ever doing a full on dynasty. Should be interesting.

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

And your very welcome. 

Glad you got that straightened out in your own mind.  

Right!  

Appreciate you. 

You’re

This board used to be really good, now trolls like you run people off of it

• Like 1

In over 20 years of coming to FFToday I've only chosen to ignore one person.

Great topic Matt.  I'll give it some thought and I look forward to everyone else's thoughts.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Matt's Eagles said:

You’re

Now you said that you wanted to drum up some chat, and I respond, and then you mock me.  

I like your style.  

Thanks. 

Appreciate the reply 

4 minutes ago, Smileseers said:

In over 20 years of coming to FFToday I've only chosen to ignore one person.

Great topic Matt.  I'll give it some thought and I look forward to everyone else's thoughts.

Oh no say it’s not so joe. 

Thanks.  

Appreciate your insite, I guess. 

12 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Should have let him be after his first garbage post on this subject. Now he won't stop. :wall:

I haven't started to put together my lists yet but this is a good topic. Hope it lasts. I have a main auction keeper league I have been doing for years but also am joining a new dynasty league this season for the first time ever doing a full on dynasty. Should be interesting.

You said , and I still have that post, that you watch a lot of tv, to evaluate college football players going into the mfl draft, when does that article come out, and where can I find it. 

Hey thanks buddy, have a great day.  

Always appreciate your insite. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

You said , and I still have that post, that you watch a lot of tv, to evaluate cologne football players going into the mfl draft, when does that article come out, and where can I find it. 

Hey thanks buddy, have a great day.  

Always appreciate your insite. 

It’s insight. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s insight. 

Yes it is. 

Miles Sanders of the Eagles, if given the keys , he could be a top ten non ppr ff rb next football season. 

BUY this years 1st round dynasty picks at current startup ADP prices

SELL, even really good current NFL players from your roster, at ADP,  to get the rookie picks

Sorry I can't/won't be more player/s specific, but this is a relative value trade. I think it will be a big winner because the value is skewed by 50-ish percent overall IMHO.

Example: in a similar thread a couple of years ago somebody posed the question of whether they should trade : David Johnson for 1.01 + Joe Mixon  with the 1.01 being likely Saquon Barkely but prior to having any idea where he would be drafted.

I argued that unless somebody truly did not like Barkley as a prospect, they really had to make that deal and tried to support the argument with the math involved as I saw it. 

I liked Barkley as a prospect a lot............. but the crux of the argument was the value of the trade presented such a large margin for error over the medium to longer term that turning it down just didn't make sense.

I see the current dynasty rookie ADP similarly skewed.

I WON'T tell you which rooks I favor for competitive reasons

I CAN'T tell you............. pre-combine/pre-FA/pre NFL landing spot, which particular rooks are the very best values, or which picks you will need to acquire them.

I AM telling you I think the OVERALL relative pricing of the class based on dynasty startup ADP is simply out of whack with where it should be.

I kind of favor picks 1.04-1.09 at current prices, but at this point in the year this thesis is best employed by obtaining a number of picks rather than just 1 or 2.

I will likely wait in most leagues to target specific values post NFL Draft, but I did begin in Superflex league where it was possible, and I now own 8 of the top 15 picks.

Selling really good players for a claim on guys who have done nothing and haven't even landed yet, is not for the faint of heart but in 2022 the top 3 rounds of dynasty startups will be littered, if not dominated, with guys from this years class. 

On 2/17/2020 at 2:35 PM, lesjroza said:

I kind of favor picks 1.04-1.09 at current prices, but at this point in the year this thesis is best employed by obtaining a number of picks rather than just 1 or 2.

I will likely wait in most leagues to target specific values post NFL Draft, but I did begin in Superflex league where it was possible, and I now own 8 of the top 15 picks.

Selling really good players for a claim on guys who have done nothing and haven't even landed yet, is not for the faint of heart but in 2022 the top 3 rounds of dynasty startups will be littered, if not dominated, with guys from this years class. 

Dynasty Rookie post combine ADP appears to be shaking out in a way that really favors the 1.04-1.09 thesis IMO.

In fact, I would now add trading out of a higher rookie pick to target these mid-round picks assuming one could get anything near the historic value addition by doing it.

The landscape will get shaken once again post NFL draft and then as certain pundits weigh in throughout the next months........... but there is usually not as much as post combine (even though there should be as landing spot is highly important) unless a guy lands in a situation that is abhorrent. 

Sell 1.01, 1.02 to

BUY 1.04-1.07.................................... assuming obtainment of value equivalent-ish to startup ADP suggesting should be there

On 2/16/2020 at 4:08 AM, Matt's Eagles said:

You’re

On point.

Ignore. Trolls want/need attention.

Hey lesjroza. You've always been a really good dynasty guy imo.

If you have time, hit the 2020 nfl draft thread and chime in. I'd love to here your take on this year's class

-K-

On 2/16/2020 at 7:08 AM, Matt's Eagles said:

You’re

This is true. He posts like 5-1 to every other person's posts. It sucks cause I wanna talk fantasy football without him replying to every post everyone makes x5. I can't take it. So I don't come here often.

On 3/4/2020 at 10:26 AM, Kopy said:

Hey lesjroza. You've always been a really good dynasty guy imo.

If you have time, hit the 2020 nfl draft thread and chime in. I'd love to here your take on this year's class

-K-

Thanks for the kind comments Kopy!

I'm going to decline to comment on individual rooks this year until all of my dynasty drafts have completed. The leagues I remain in are only the most competitive and handicapping myself by league mates knowing my thoughts and player specific intent pre-rookie draft, I am no longer willing to afford. My posts have my name on them literally, and right or wrong, I have never been anything other than honest when posting which others in my leagues know. I'll chime in when I feel doing so wouldn't be shooting myself in the foot.

To sum up my thinking on prospect quality/quantity relative to annual crops, the Terri Hatcher-Seinfeld quote comes to mind, "They're real, and they're spectacular!".

I don't want to be missing out on that.........

9 hours ago, Matt's Eagles said:

Bump...

Who are you buying or selling after the draft?

Selling

RB Marlon Mack in Indy, he was somewhat iffy to begin with, he's been coming along okay but his injury concerns were a red flag, now that the Colts got arguably the best RB in the draft, his stock plummets

QB Aaron Rodgers, No, I'm not saying Jordan Love is going to replace him as the QB this season, but the writing is on the wall. Rodgers has slipped a little bit the past couple of seasons, mainly his TD passes. Now I think he's a low level QB1 instead of a high level QB1. Last season they took a bit of a shift to a more balanced/rushing offense. I think the draft this season reflects more of the same. I think now is the time to sell him while you can still probably get good return.

Buying

WR Juju Schuster-Smith, he was one of the biggest disappointments of last season after a strong rookie year and big breakout in 2018. As a result, his stock is way down. The Steelers were a mess at QB though. Big Ben should be back and I expect Juju to bounce back as well. I believe he will be a strong WR2 if not a WR1.

RB Kenyan Drake, all the talk in Arizona is with their young star QB and the blockbuster trade for perhaps the best WR in the NFL. The OL should be a bit improved. What has gotten lost in all of this is how excellent Drake was once he was traded to the Cards last season. He completely put David Johnson on the bench. I expect him to pick up where he left off and have a big season, and potentially even be an RB1.

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

Selling

RB Marlon Mack in Indy, he was somewhat iffy to begin with, he's been coming along okay but his injury concerns were a red flag, now that the Colts got arguably the best RB in the draft, his stock plummets

QB Aaron Rodgers, No, I'm not saying Jordan Love is going to replace him as the QB this season, but the writing is on the wall. Rodgers has slipped a little bit the past couple of seasons, mainly his TD passes. Now I think he's a low level QB1 instead of a high level QB1. Last season they took a bit of a shift to a more balanced/rushing offense. I think the draft this season reflects more of the same. I think now is the time to sell him while you can still probably get good return.

Buying

WR Juju Schuster-Smith, he was one of the biggest disappointments of last season after a strong rookie year and big breakout in 2018. As a result, his stock is way down. The Steelers were a mess at QB though. Big Ben should be back and I expect Juju to bounce back as well. I believe he will be a strong WR2 if not a WR1.

RB Kenyan Drake, all the talk in Arizona is with their young star QB and the blockbuster trade for perhaps the best WR in the NFL. The OL should be a bit improved. What has gotten lost in all of this is how excellent Drake was once he was traded to the Cards last season. He completely put David Johnson on the bench. I expect him to pick up where he left off and have a big season, and potentially even be an RB1.

I’m concern about the last two on your buy list.  

I was shocked of the lack of production from juju, and I also was thinking he might rebound this next season, but the more I look at his total collapse Im not sold. I know Ben missed a lot of games last season, but even with Ben out, I didn’t see a wr1 from juju.  

Edmonds out played DJ also, and he’ll be back this next season also, and I think it’s going to more of a RBBC. 

Im buying M Sanders of the Eagles   

For teams with deeper rosters that are intrigued with the Cardinal backfield. Eno Benjamin is a name to watch. I know he slid in the draft, but he's extremely talented.

On 5/6/2020 at 7:14 AM, Kopy said:

For teams with deeper rosters that are intrigued with the Cardinal backfield. Eno Benjamin is a name to watch. I know he slid in the draft, but he's extremely talented.

I second this motion.

On 5/5/2020 at 10:38 PM, weepaws said:

I’m concern about the last two on your buy list.  

I was shocked of the lack of production from juju, and I also was thinking he might rebound this next season, but the more I look at his total collapse Im not sold. I know Ben missed a lot of games last season, but even with Ben out, I didn’t see a wr1 from juju.  

Edmonds out played DJ also, and he’ll be back this next season also, and I think it’s going to more of a RBBC. 

Im buying M Sanders of the Eagles   

I get those concerns about Juju and Drake, but they're potentially great value picks.

As for Miles Sanders, the potential is there, but he scares me a little too to put a lot of risk into. The Eagles RBs/WRs haven't been that reliable for fantasy purposes in a few seasons. I'm not sold on Sanders taking over the RB1 job strongly enough to be consistent.

That might be correct about Sanders, the Eagles haven’t shown that they are really interested in a true rb1. 

I think while he still has high value that would be a good move, the Packers are going run first.  

On 5/10/2020 at 7:17 PM, polecatt said:

As for Miles Sanders, the potential is there, but he scares me a little too to put a lot of risk into. The Eagles RBs/WRs haven't been that reliable for fantasy purposes in a few seasons. I'm not sold on Sanders taking over the RB1 job strongly enough to be consistent.

What's the reason though?  I mean, they haven't had anyone stay healthy, they haven't had guys stay healthy, and they've had some inconsistency at QB.  I think Sanders is a talented player and their lack of adding competition for touches in the off season leads me to believe that the Eagles think that he's in line to have a strong season... providing he can stay healthy. 

If if if the Eagles let Sanders be their rb1 , if, he could have a top ten season. 

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

What's the reason though?  I mean, they haven't had anyone stay healthy, they haven't had guys stay healthy, and they've had some inconsistency at QB.  I think Sanders is a talented player and their lack of adding competition for touches in the off season leads me to believe that the Eagles think that he's in line to have a strong season... providing he can stay healthy. 

I don't know that those problems with their offense are going away though. They still don't know if they have solid WRs. Wentz is still injury prone. For whatever reason, with Peterson as HC, they have used an RB by committee. They still have Corey Clement and Boston Scott. I know those aren't exactly All Pro players but they certainly can cut into Sanders touches. Maybe he's the clear cut solid RB1 and gets all the touches this year, and if he does, I expect he's going to put up big numbers, but I'm not quite ready to put him up there with Kamara, Zeke, Barkley, or McCaffrey just yet. Too many questions we don't know the answer to at this point.

On 5/5/2020 at 7:46 PM, polecatt said:

Selling

Good luck. I tried trading Rogers last year preseason and no takers. I went below market value and no takers. I was told by several owners needing a QB that he was too old.

Buy Chark. His price is pretty reasonable considering where he is going in startups. Just saw him last until the 7th round.