Sign in to follow this  
Matts Eagles

All year long Buy/Sell thread

Yeah Chark 10:1 avg per game in non ppr was 14th best, and I’ve seen where they want to move him around a lot this season, even into the slot at times. 

Buy Preston Williams.  He's only at #52 among WRs.

He only played 8 games last year for a 1-7 team, and 5 of those games were with Josh Rosen at QB, but even so, his 8 game pace would have approximately equaled the season-long production of Deebo Samuel, and Samuel is being drafted #25 among WRs.

On 6/11/2020 at 8:04 PM, AxeElf said:

He only played 8 games last year for a 1-7 team, and 5 of those games were with Josh Rosen at QB, but even so, his 8 game pace would have approximately equaled the season-long production of Deebo Samuel, and Samuel is being drafted #25 among WRs.

Im drafting in a startup and I have to decide between Claypool, Campbell, and Preston Williams. What's your opinion and who do you favor? 

10 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Im drafting in a startup and I have to decide between Claypool, Campbell, and Preston Williams. What's your opinion and who do you favor? 

While I'm not really a participant in dynasty/keeper leagues and don't typically think in terms beyond the coming season, I think Williams clearly has the easiest path to lasting fantasy relevance, as in his 2nd year, he is already one of the top 2 WRs on a team that just drafted the top QB in a QB-loaded draft.  The Steelers don't have any quality heirs apparent to Roethlisberger in their stable yet, who knows how much longer Rivers can play, and Campbell may never be more than the 3rd WR on his team anyway, depending on how Pittman does.

The only concern for me with Williams would be his durability, having only lasted half of his rookie season.  But outside of that, I think he's in the best position of those three in both short- and long-term outlooks.

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

The only concern for me with Williams would be his durability, having only lasted half of his rookie season.  But outside of that, I think he's in the best position of those three in both short- and long-term outlooks.

I 100% concur on your earlier take of Williams being a great value-risk/reward in redraft for this season.

The only thing I'd add to the dynasty take is at least part of the reason PW was a UDFA was off-field concern by NFL teams. 

When the price is right, as it is in redraft this year, the potential for an off-field blow up doesn't impact the analysis heavily but in dynasty its something to think about when being weighed against a couple of other talented players. 

I think the Dolphins are very questionable going forward at the Qb postion, I’m not sure they drafted their future Qb in this past draft. 

48 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think the Dolphins are very questionable going forward at the Qb postion, I’m not sure they drafted their future Qb in this past draft. 

At a minimum, they have Fitzmagic for another year--the guy who finally developed DeVante Parker into a stud--and If Tua ends up being better than Fitz, so be it.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I’ll stay with my statement. One more season with F Patrick won’t help in a keeper dynasty league. 

I don’t think the Dolphins have yet to draft their Qb for the future. 

Hey Thanks for the reply, truly appreciate you. 

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

I’ll stay with my statement. One more season with F Patrick won’t help in a keeper dynasty league. 

I don’t think the Dolphins have yet to draft their Qb for the future. 

Hey Thanks for the reply, truly appreciate you. 

I'm glad to see you have a healthy sense of self-esteem, but I'm a little concerned that you've started publicly replying to yourself.

Don’t worry about me, be happy. 

With all those health problems that you keep posting about, you should be more concern about your own Salvation. 

Hey thanks , appreciate the reply. 

I actually think Matt Stafford is a good buy this year.  

This may be the best group of WR's hes had since megatron's days and he has a stud TE.   2 capable RB's

if you look last year, he was on pace for close to 5000 yards when he got hurt.   Yes I acknowledge some of the tougher games were in the latter half of the season, but I think he was headed for at least 4500 yards.

The other factor that makes this interesting is the fact that the defense has been leaky.   that generally means the team is more likely to have a need to throw the ball late in games. (or at the least not take the foot off the gas when winning the game)

that combination usually leads to good QB stats.

I wouldnt be surprised if he has the best or second best season of his career statistically.

• Like 1

Sell TY Hilton. 

Not even interested in him this season, why to much other good targets on the Colts.  

I think whom ever is the te1 on the Colts could be a top 7 te non ppr, and to many Rbs out of the back field to catch passes from Rivers, who loves throwing to his Rbs.  

Pittman is the real deal and I think we’ll post the most ff points of all rookie WRs.  

Sell Hilton quickly.  

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

This may be the best group of WR's hes had since megatron's days and he has a stud TE.   2 capable RB's

if you look last year, he was on pace for close to 5000 yards when he got hurt.   Yes I acknowledge some of the tougher games were in the latter half of the season, but I think he was headed for at least 4500 yards.

The other factor that makes this interesting is the fact that the defense has been leaky.   that generally means the team is more likely to have a need to throw the ball late in games. (or at the least not take the foot off the gas when winning the game)

that combination usually leads to good QB stats.

I wouldnt be surprised if he has the best or second best season of his career statistically.

Hockenson has reached stud status after a pretty weak rookie season? I did not know it was official

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Stafford is a good buy EVERY year.  He's a perennial top-10 QB who never seems to be drafted among the top 15 QBs or so.

18 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Stafford is a good buy EVERY year.  He's a perennial top-10 QB who never seems to be drafted among the top 15 QBs or so.

Without doing any real research, just using pro-football-reference.com, since he was a QB1 in all but 2 years.  Last year he was top 5 or so when he got hurt.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Without doing any real research, just using pro-football-reference.com, since he was a QB1 in all but 2 years.  Last year he was top 5 or so when he got hurt.

hes an underrated QB to be sure.  ever since haviing the injury problems at the start of his career nobody has given him any love.

On 6/16/2020 at 10:59 AM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Hockenson has reached stud status after a pretty weak rookie season? I did not know it was official

in 12 games he got 367 yards.  projected over a 16 game schedule hes over 500 yards.   for a rookie TE this is fantastic.  rookies usually dont make much of an impact until year two or three.   hes ahead of the curve there.

also have you watched him play?   he passes the eye test for sure.  remember his starting QB got hurt week 8 so he had a lot going against him and still put up decent numbers.

with a healthy Stafford, he  will be a top 10 TE this year without a  doubt.

On 6/11/2020 at 7:04 PM, AxeElf said:

nice catch.  I do think hes got a ton of potentiial.   in a dynasty league, hes a grab and stash.

coming off ACL surgery there is the chance he wont get there until next season so hes not as good a guy to grab in a redraft.

he is a big bodied guy,  so maybe he doesn't  need the same burst/speed to be productive that a smaller WR would need.

problem  with ACL injuries, usually the straight line speed comes back quickly.  but  the ability to change direction  or  make a cut takes longer to return to form.

I'd hold off until I see him in camp.  if the camp reports are positive, I'd  grab him late in the draft.  if not,  I'd watch hiim closely early and grab him if he shows signs of productivity.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

in 12 games he got 367 yards.  projected over a 16 game schedule hes over 500 yards.   for a rookie TE this is fantastic.  rookies usually dont make much of an impact until year two or three.   hes ahead of the curve there.

also have you watched him play?   he passes the eye test for sure.  remember his starting QB got hurt week 8 so he had a lot going against him and still put up decent numbers.

I'm on hold with Hockenson.  His totals look ok, but remember, he got one-third of his total yards in the first game of the season.  His average game was 2.5 receptions for 21 yards since then.  Heck, even counting that game, 3 receptions for 31 yards isn't all that special... even for a rookie TE.  He's someone I won't consider in 2020, but I won't discount his future potential either.  If I were drafting a first year dynasty league, I'd definitely take him as a TE2/guy for the future, otherwise, I probably won't draft him simply because I never draft 2 TE's.

5 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

35% of his yards came in the very first game of the season. He had 131 yards the one game, and then he averaged 26 ypg the rest of the year. Kind of sounds like Sammie Watkins or some other week 1 anomaly. You cannot extrapolate anything with any confidence when that is the case. He did play with some bad QBs so we didn't get a very good idea of how well he handled the NFL as a rookie. He is not anywhere near stud status as of now.

Just read that Hockenson might not be 100% ready to go for some time.  

If he’s healthy I’m  looking for him late  in my non ppr.  

Nfl is tough on most rookie tes, and it would help if Stafford stays on the field.  

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Managed to pick up Steven Sims, Jr. in a deep league last year, in plenty of time to see him average 16.8 PPR points per game over the last 4 weeks of the season.  I wasn't sure if he would continue to have that kind of value this year, but Terry McLaurin seems to think so.

Terry McLaurin Reveals Potential Breakout Player in Redskins Offense for 2020

Awesome timing. I have been grabbing up Sims in every deep league I am in. I have also been talking about him a bit lately. I am anti Haskins and think he is going to be a pretty bad qb, but someone has to catch passes. If Kyle Allen takes over I like to think that Sims could have somewhat of a DJ Moore impact

Yeah good timing, if you had picked him up during his first ten games  wouldn’t have been very special, he avg 4 points per game ppr. 

So what player do we see this season?  

New staff same Qb, mmm. 

Just checked out Football Calculator and he’s not even listed inside the top 68. 

Not so sure he’s going to be what we saw those last four games, but we’ll hopefully see soon. 

Thanks.  Mm. 

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Yeah good timing, if you had picked him up during his first ten games  wouldn’t have been very special, he avg 4 points per game ppr. 

So what player do we see this season?  

New staff same Qb, mmm. 

Just checked out Football Calculator and he’s not even listed inside the top 68. 

Not so sure he’s going to be what we saw those last four games, but we’ll hopefully see soon. 

Thanks.  Mm. 

I liked him coming into the league, but there are always receivers like him who never get much attention. I am not shocked to see that he is better than his own team expected, but it's the Skins and the qb is Haskins. If the skins had a real qb I would be pretty excited.

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yeah, the point of a "Buy/Sell" thread is not to recommend buying those players who are currently among the best in the league, nor to recommend selling those players who are currently scrubs.  The idea is to alert people to buy players who will INCREASE in value, and to sell players who will DECREASE in value.

Perhaps now that you understand that, you won't be navigating this thread at such a handicap.

5 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I liked him coming into the league, but there are always receivers like him who never get much attention. I am not shocked to see that he is better than his own team expected, but it's the Skins and the qb is Haskins. If the skins had a real qb I would be pretty excited.

Would agree with your statement about the Qb situation.  

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, the point of a "Buy/Sell" thread is not to recommend buying those players who are currently among the best in the league, nor to recommend selling those players who are currently scrubs.  The idea is to alert people to buy players who will INCREASE in value, and to sell players who will DECREASE in value.

Perhaps now that you understand that, you won't be navigating this thread at such a handicap.

So we agree then. But then again when one reads through this thread , I see some really big name players on many list, you better go get them bulldog, lol  

Thanks always appreciate your input  

honestly, Id sell Dak Prescott.

Lots of publications have him as the third best fantasy QB and I truly dont think hes that good.    He feasted on some terrible teams with terrible defenses last year.

he has a fairly soft schedule this year too, but I dont think he will have the same kind of season he had last year (which I think will be the best statistical year of his career)

Hes a top 10 QB  but not top 3.   Sell while the value is high.

His he top five, I mean he has a lot of good talent around him, I think he might just be getting better with age. 

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

His he top five, I mean he has a lot of good talent around him, I think he might just be getting better with age. 

Dak had 30 TDs last year.  He had 14 of them against the Giants and the Redskins.  Add in Detroit, and he had 17 of his 30 TDs in 5 games.  He also had 146 of his 277 yards rushing in those 5 games.

2019 was the first year that Dak had even been among the top 10 QBs in fantasy points per game.

I would bet you that Dak won't be a top 5 QB, but I've seen how you count, so I'm sure you'd find a way to insist you had won when Dak turns out to be the #14 QB in 2020.

For the rest of us, don't draft Dak.  He's too expensive, and you'll get better numbers out of Matthew Stafford ten rounds later anyway.

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Dak had 30 TDs last year.  He had 14 of them against the Giants and the Redskins.  Add in Detroit, and he had 17 of his 30 TDs in 5 games.  He also had 146 of his 277 yards rushing in those 5 games.

2019 was the first year that Dak had even been among the top 10 QBs in fantasy points per game.

I would bet you that Dak won't be a top 5 QB, but I've seen how you count, so I'm sure you'd find a way to insist you had won when Dak turns out to be the #14 QB in 2020.

For the rest of us, don't draft Dak.  He's too expensive, and you'll get better numbers out of Matthew Stafford ten rounds later anyway.

So we agree once again, hey thanks for backing me up. And we both agree that last season was his best, so again we agree, he’s getting better  

Was asking Ray  how he felt about the Dak, but thanks for pointing out the obvious. 

Thanks appreciate you. 

I am wary of Dak, but it's important to note that A) He has arguably the best receivers in the NFL to throw to and b) More importantly, last year was the first year with Kellen Moore as his OC. Garrett is gone, but Moore is still there. It has been discussed ad nauseum that Moore was the architect behind Dallas going from a Power running team featuring Zeke to a more modern spread passing offense. The result was 5000+ from Dak. Unless you believe the Cowboys Defense will be better than last year (I don't), I would expect Dak 2020 to be closer to 2019 than 2018...

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

you forgot to include Miami.

but it is worth notiing that both New York and Washington will be better teams than they were last year as well.

Washington got Chase Young  who I believe will be a difference maker  for that Defense from day one.

New York signed some free agent corners and drafted a safety and a corner.   that secondary will be a whole lot quicker than they were.

they also loaded up on Offensive Tackles.   I think Barkley will have more room to run, and Danny dimes wiil have more time to throw.  this will mean less stalled drives and the defense will spend less time on the field.

this will (indirectly) help the defense too.

for me, that's 4 matchups that will be tougher than what they had last year.  the rest of the schedule is not tough, but it is a bit tougher than last year. so I dont see a  huge dropoff in stats for Dak, but definitely a dropoff.

I figure he drops from top 3 to top 6 or 7.  

all I'm saying is dont pay top 3 value for him.

traded Davante Adams and 2020 & 2021 5th round picks for Brandin Cooks and two first round picks 2020 1.4 and 2021 

19 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

traded Davante Adams and 2020 & 2021 5th round picks for Brandin Cooks and two first round picks 2020 1.4 and 2021 

Don't despair.  Maybe you'll hit on one of those first round picks, and if this prompts you to get help with your drinking, so much the better.

4 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

You may have some pangs of regret early this season but I believe this will work out fine for you over the next 2-3 yrs.

Who are you thinking at 1.04?

This is my original keeper league 22 years old. Started out with a great team but when it got old. It got old all at once. It took awhile to rebuild. Now I try to rotate and trade players while they still have value and try to keep a younger team.  

My main reason for trading Adams is I think Rogers done. He's no longer a great QB. Plus Adams has had only one great season. The others have been good. I don't think the drop off between Adams and Cooks will be that great this season. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

43 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

This is my original keeper league 22 years old. Started out with a great team but when it got old. It got old all at once. It took awhile to rebuild. Now I try to rotate and trade players while they still have value and try to keep a younger team.  

My main reason for trading Adams is I think Rogers done. He's no longer a great QB. Plus Adams has had only one great season. The others have been good. I don't think the drop off between Adams and Cooks will be that great this season. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Adams and Rodgers each have multiple years left in the league. Rodgers is more done as a top fantasy qb because of the coach, not his talent or age. There is no way they let Rodgers top target leave the team. Adams will be Rodgers main target for some years to come. Cooks on the other hand has never been anywhere near elite. Just solid to good. But now he has a serious injury history that could force him to retire. 

47 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

Can I ask you a question? 

Ppr?