Sign in to follow this  
Matts Eagles

All year long Buy/Sell thread

On 6/16/2020 at 9:59 AM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Hockenson has reached stud status after a pretty weak rookie season? I did not know it was official

You didn’t know? One good game = stud now. 

On 7/5/2020 at 2:41 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Adams and Rodgers each have multiple years left in the league. Rodgers is more done as a top fantasy qb because of the coach, not his talent or age. There is no way they let Rodgers top target leave the team. Adams will be Rodgers main target for some years to come. Cooks on the other hand has never been anywhere near elite. Just solid to good. But now he has a serious injury history that could force him to retire. 

I'd agree with this.  

also, productive WR's have been dumped and not replaced with anybody.

Adams is more or less all that is left.

Lazard has maybe more potential than I initially thought.  he put up some numbers, but I think its a case of nobody was left  to throw to, so he got all the reps he could handle.

Funchess is ok but hes not spectacular either.  Granted, hes now playing with a better QB than hes ever seen, so maybe there's some upside there.

Rodgers is good enough to possibly elevate both players (if hes still got 'it')

we shall see.

injury risk with Rodgers is starting to rise with his age too.  at 36, you dont want him taking too many hits.

same player.  just added risk in many forms.

Rodgers hasn’t had an elite season in 4 years. I still like Adams no doubt, but I’m not penciling Rodgers in for 35 tds anymore and certainly his days of getting drafted before rnd 5 are over.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Funchess will likely be a pleasant surprise.

i think he will do better than he has of late.  may even have the best season of his career this year (proviiding he and Rodgers stay healthy)

I still think his max upside is that of a top end WR2.

I'd say draft as a WR3 and hope for the WR2 production.

13 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

i think he will do better than he has of late.  may even have the best season of his career this year (proviiding he and Rodgers stay healthy)

I still think his max upside is that of a top end WR2.

I'd say draft as a WR3 and hope for the WR2 production.

Oh wow; you probly like him more than I do, then--or you play in exceptionally large leagues.  Right now I would draft him as depth, and hope he returns flex/bye week usefulness.

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Oh wow; you probly like him more than I do, then--or you play in exceptionally large leagues.  Right now I would draft him as depth, and hope he returns flex/bye week usefulness.

That would be the low end of his range of values.       I wont finalize my rankings until I have some training camp reports.   I'm going on the assumption that he earns the #2 WR job in Green Bay.   That scenario may not actually happen.   so his value is likely all over the place and will vary by league.

Mmm Funchess is a interesting draft prospect, I’m not going to list him as a wr2 , I see more of a wr3 at best , or high wr4.  

Rodgers hasn’t had a 30 plus td season the last two seasons, with the emphasis on more of a run game, based on them drafting Dillon, and Lazard is still on the team. 

I think I would feel more comfortable drafting him as a flex wr or just bench.  

Cant quite see him as a wr2, I can’t see myself starting him on a weekly bases.  

Thanks. 

In mocks I’ve been doing, it’s been interesting to see how low D Samuel keeps falling. 

Been seeing him drafted as a wr4 more and more. 

5 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I'm going on the assumption that he earns the #2 WR job in Green Bay.

That's an assumption I'm not quite ready to make just yet, but yeah, whether he emerges as the team's solid #2 WR, or whether he's more of a #2a and #2b with Lazard will make a difference.  I think he is already being overlooked as a depth option with upside, but he could end up a legitimate low-end WR2 in larger leagues if he clearly surpasses Lazard.

I’m selling Funchess as a value pick, Rodgers hasn’t had an elite season since 2016 and that offense isn’t meant to support more than 1 impact WR. Jones broke out and they even drafted another rb (😂) to support the run game. I’m selling all packers except Adams and Jones.

I'm of the same mind as tanatastic. I think in Funchess they saw something the rest of their WR corp could not provide.............a really big bodied blocker on the perimeter.

I wish I was joking, but I am not.

He'll get the occasional red zone action and may have a FF worthy game here or there, but they want to run an offense that just grinds the D down play after play and Funchess can contribute to the physical assault at the second level.

Wait, Marquise Goodwin is on the Eagles now?  And D-Jax is digging his own grave?

Give me one in every league, please.

^ Like all those guys.  Especially Metcalf and Chark.  Slayton I like alot but wonder about opportunity share with other targets.

I grabbed Metcalf in our mock as a WR 3... Hooo!

Along with some hopeful breakout guys like Golladay, ROJO and Higbee.

22 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I’m buying Chark, Metcalf and Slayton. I’m all about the sophomore wrs I guess.

I hope it’s ok to ask you this question. 

Its not at all a judgment, it’s just me wondering, how do you have those wr ranked, do see them all as wr1 or wr2 weekly starters or as flex slot. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I hope it’s ok to ask you this question. 

Its not at all a judgment, it’s just me wondering, how do you have those wr ranked, do see them all as wr1 or wr2 weekly starters or as flex slot. 

Thank you. 

I give Chark and Metcalf WR2 value with WR1 upside and Slayton as a flex with WR2 upside. I would rank them in that order as of now in ppr. In non PPR maybe Metcalf ahead of Chark. Slayton might have the most room to grow as he’s ranked as a wr3 but I could see him emerging as the clear top option in NY if the wind blows the right way.

10 hours ago, tanatastic said:

I give Chark and Metcalf WR2 value with WR1 upside and Slayton as a flex with WR2 upside. I would rank them in that order as of now in ppr. In non PPR maybe Metcalf ahead of Chark. Slayton might have the most room to grow as he’s ranked as a wr3 but I could see him emerging as the clear top option in NY if the wind blows the right way.

Thank you. 

19 hours ago, tanatastic said:

I’m buying Chark, Metcalf and Slayton. I’m all about the sophomore wrs I guess.

Chark is in year 3

I am buying David Johnson in half or full PPR. On CBS he is ranked as RB # 20 in those formats. At that price , I am willing to buy those shares. Ridicule the Hopkins trade all day, but Bill O'Brien wanted David Johnson. Carlos Hyde is no longer there, and Duke Johnson is the only threat to his touches. 

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

I am buying David Johnson in half or full PPR. On CBS he is ranked as RB # 20 in those formats. At that price , I am willing to buy those shares. Ridicule the Hopkins trade all day, but Bill O'Brien wanted David Johnson. Carlos Hyde is no longer there, and Duke Johnson is the only threat to his touches. 

People were really high on Lamar Miller when he was the assumed guy in the backfield and now it’s DJ who has a considerably higher upside and history so I don’t see why that’s not a decent gamble.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

People were really high on Lamar Miller when he was the assumed guy in the backfield and now it’s DJ who has a considerably higher upside and history so I don’t see why that’s not a decent gamble.

I agree. 

It is possible that DJ didnt work in AZ last year because the new coach wasnt able to maximize his talents.

that may be due to the line that was beyond terrible, or it may be coaching.

From what I can see hes going into a far better situation and will face a lot more positive game scripts.

I think hes gonna have a good year.

Would also agree, right now DJ is a fantastic buy, I hope it stays that way.  

I have him ranked non ppr low rb1.  

Much higher then most, that’s ok, I’ll win. 

B Cooks and R Mostert, both of them right now are going for a low price.  

I think B Cooks should be mid wr2 and Mostert in non ppr should be low rb1 or the first rb2 taken. 

Thanks. 

As great as Darren Waller was and as much as I loved the value he provided for me I'm selling him this year. When Renfrow was healthy last season his stats diminished. He lost a lot of TDs to the backup TE's and the Raiders just spent two high picks on WR's including a first rounder on Henry Ruggs and of course Tyrell Williams will be back in full health. There are just too many mouths to feed and the team runs through Jacobs. I don't think he will be a bust or anything but no way he'll put up another 1k yard receiving season with all the mouths to feed in Vegas. 

Not so sure I would agree about Waller. 

His last five games where his best five game stretch of his season, another thing i like about Waller, he’s not td scoring te, he only had three last season and they came in back to back games, so it’s mostly yards.  

Ty Williams Played in 14 of the teams 16 games, and during the time Renfrow was rolling so was Waller.  

I don’t see to many mouths to feed, I think Waller is a darn good te that could post even better numbers with the addition of Ruggs  Willams and Jacobs, and Renfrow.  His 8.3 avg per game non ppr was seventh best and he was the only one of those seven with less then 4 tds   

Waller will score more then three tds this season.  

Selling Walker at his premium price and chasing the next Wallers and Andrews later if I don’t get Kelce early. 

Sure would be great if Engram could stay healthy.  

Largely because I had Ertz-Goedert, Higbee I sold Waller and a 2021 2nd for Diggs in dynasty.  

I don't love Diggs in Buffalo but I think he will hold value.        

Renfrow last 7 games

45 targets, 35 receptions-490 yards-4 tds

Waller in those same 7 games

42 targets, 25 receptions-366 yards-1 td 

Check my stats but that's what I came out with.  

1 hour ago, Matt Mueller said:

Largely because I had Ertz-Goedert, Higbee I sold Waller and a 2021 2nd for Diggs in dynasty.  

I don't love Diggs in Buffalo but I think he will hold value.        

Can see why based on you had four tes.  

1 hour ago, Matt Mueller said:

Renfrow last 7 games

45 targets, 35 receptions-490 yards-4 tds

Waller in those same 7 games

42 targets, 25 receptions-366 yards-1 td 

Check my stats but that's what I came out with.  

Not  to sure what this equates to? 

Waller as a te in the te postion has more value then Renfrow. 

And if Ty Willams does step up His game and if Ruggs is the real deal , Waller stats would even grow, while Renfrows will shrink. 

It’s just a 7 game sample so it could mean nothing but I think the conclusion I was possibly alluding to was that with healthy weapons possibly as many targets and stats don’t go wallers way 

of course rising tides could raise all boats as well

if you add a 5-50-1 line to that 7 game sample size that’s 8 games of 30 catches-416 yards-2 tds 

60-832-4 was his pace during Wrenfrow being healthy 

right now this site is projecting 84-997-5

My basic point is that I don’t think Waller is a lock to repeat last year and I’m willing to fade him at current adp 

Just found this piece on Waller.  Goes into the splits with TY Williams a little 

something I didn’t know was that Waller ranked 17th in TE red zone target share nearly equal with the other TE on the roster and in the range of TEs like Darren Fells and Irv Smith Jr

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fantraxhq.com/dynasty-football-a-deep-dive-on-darren-waller/amp/

Interesting, plus Fells scored 7 tds.  

31 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

It’s just a 7 game sample so it could mean nothing but I think the conclusion I was possibly alluding to was that with healthy weapons possibly as many targets and stats don’t go wallers way 

of course rising tides could raise all boats as well

if you add a 5-50-1 line to that 7 game sample size that’s 8 games of 30 catches-416 yards-2 tds 

60-832-4 was his pace during Wrenfrow being healthy 

right now this site is projecting 84-997-5

My basic point is that I don’t think Waller is a lock to repeat last year and I’m willing to fade him at current adp 

If those projects work out, and he hits them, in non ppr, that’s four points less ff points then he had produced last season.  

And I agree with those projections, I think if he can just score more more then three tds and I think he will, that he should at least match last season, his avg on non ppr was 7th best, I’ll take that. 

But I don’t draft tes until the 8th at the earliest, so I’ll never get him.  

I think Renfrow will be the one losing touches and ff production.  

Thanks. 

No doubt.   If I was gonna contrarian that he loved him so much he signed old man jason witten?   :) 

I just read a stat that no Raiders pass catcher caught more than 50 balls other than Waller.

Is that likely to duplicate?   Where there other teams that had a 2nd pass catcher so slow on the reception totem pole?  

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/receiving-receptions   I'm genuinly asking because I don't know.  

Unless you think that Ruggs will be a target monster , I don’t.  

Unless Ty Williams can become a true wr 1, not likely.  

I think Waller as a great shot to lead the team in , rec , targets, yards , like last season, I would like to see double up on those three tds.